Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 96813 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: March 04, 2020, 12:16:27 AM »

It's not over,  folks, Steve said after votes are counted in Cali, Bernie will have a 150 vote lead over Biden
Even if Bernie wins by 20 in California, he won't have a 150 vote lead.  At best out of California he can pull about a 60 to 70 vote lead, and that could be erased by other states.
It's done. It's Sleepy Joe v. Trump.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1676 on: March 04, 2020, 12:16:48 AM »

How TF did Bloomberg win Napa County.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1677 on: March 04, 2020, 12:16:56 AM »

I can’t believe the DNC was able to force millions to vote again Bernie Sanders. Truly amazing the power and reach they have!

Too bad your party couldn’t do the same and now we’re stuck with Trump. Also too bad we’re about to nominate another Hillary. Oh well.

Except, and this may have some slight influence on the election, Joe Biden does not have more remotely near the same levels of disapproval, distrust, and visceral dislike that most Americans felt for Clinton. He's actually much stronger than the average candid in that respect, including Sanders.

Joe Biden would have won the 2016 election. Hell, Hillary Clinton using a non completely brain-dead campaign strategy of ignoring Michigan Pennsylvania and Wisconsin almost entirely in favor of places like Texas and New Orleans, could have been would have won Electoral College, having beaten Trump by millions of votes.

Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #1678 on: March 04, 2020, 12:17:34 AM »

Biden's odds of winning Texas up to 71% chance.

He's won this.  Lead is 25,000 and climbing.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1679 on: March 04, 2020, 12:17:39 AM »

Bloomberg is currently winning the counties that include aspen, CO, Park city, Utah

And Napa, Ca

Hahhahha
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1680 on: March 04, 2020, 12:17:45 AM »

Michael Bennet has >6K votes in Texas.

KING
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1681 on: March 04, 2020, 12:17:53 AM »

Some people are so upset about Biden doing well that they aren't reading properly and confusing him with someone else.

Does he have a boyfriend?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1682 on: March 04, 2020, 12:18:02 AM »

Turnout from Oklahoma

Pretty good news for Rep. Horn.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #1683 on: March 04, 2020, 12:19:16 AM »

I can’t believe the DNC was able to force millions to vote again Bernie Sanders. Truly amazing the power and reach they have!

Too bad your party couldn’t do the same and now we’re stuck with Trump. Also too bad we’re about to nominate another Hillary. Oh well.

Except, and this may have some slight influence on the election, Joe Biden does not have more remotely near the same levels of disapproval, distrust, and visceral dislike that most Americans felt for Clinton. He's actually much stronger than the average candid in that respect, including Sanders.

Joe Biden would have won the 2016 election. Hell, Hillary Clinton using a non completely brain-dead campaign strategy of ignoring Michigan Pennsylvania and Wisconsin almost entirely in favor of places like Texas and New Orleans, could have been would have won Electoral College, having beaten Trump by millions of votes.

LOL no. Just no. Stop underrating Trump's political skills. It had just as much to do with him as it did with Hillary. He turned out voters and inspired voters. Democrats keep thinking it's only their deficiencies it's ALSO Trump's strength which is why he won and why he will win again.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1684 on: March 04, 2020, 12:19:29 AM »

It's not over,  folks, Steve said after votes are counted in Cali, Bernie will have a 150 vote lead over Biden
Even if Bernie wins by 20 in California, he won't have a 150 vote lead.  At best out of California he can pull about a 60 to 70 vote lead, and that could be erased by other states.

Yeah.  I'm not sure where this 150 delegate lead is coming from.  Biden is winning more states by larger margins.  Biden is likely to get 5 delegates from VT and Sanders isn't even reaching 15% in AL.  Just examples of how Biden is overperforming in ways that maximize his delegate haul.

Right now the NYT is forecasting Biden to have 500,000 more votes and 70 more delegates, for what it's worth.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1685 on: March 04, 2020, 12:20:15 AM »

Wow, and to think i had made peace with Bernie being the nominee just a few days ago
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1686 on: March 04, 2020, 12:21:34 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 12:27:25 AM by Badger »

Seeing some of the Bernie meltdown posts here tonight remind me why it's understandable for some to not get behind him when they're jabbed for not being some sort of purist.

He campaigns on "us" not "me" and "expanding his coalition" yet some of his supporters literally make it about him and only him. He says he's going to bring new people in who don't typically turn out yet he hasn't proven it yet. And when he doesn't his vocal supporters cry conspiracy whenever it feels convenient. You can't truly expand your coalition by making everything black and white.

As I posted in Atlas after Dark a little while earlier. Threads like this remind me why I like Sanders much more than many of his supporters. Though I really liked his speech and he made out of a good compelling argument as to why he would be a better candidate than Biden. Though honestly most are all right. The only ones that truly pissed me off or the ones that say they would not support Biden in November because their heart was broken. Hey, every single Democrat supporting Biden - - not the few Republicans who do so hyphen hyphen are pretty much without exception committed to voting for Bernie if he's the nominee. Hell, i'll campaign my ass off as much as I can for him to get Trump thrown out. But Tee's me off that it seems there is a much much stronger element of Bernie voters who are ready to pick up their ball and go home for four more years of trump rather than accepting a candidate who is pro-union, pro education spending, Pro DREAM Act, Pro Paris Accord, Pro public auction, will nominate and pass Progressive justices the Judiciary, pro-choice, etc etc etc

LOL! At the risk of momentarily hijacking This Thread, did any other Biden supporters get band from aad by hockey dude tonight? I just posted the above in my last two posts, including the complement of Sanders speech, and a certain hockey dude mod just banned me because I suggested that Bernie Sanders wasn't the best candidate in the race. LOL LOL! This from the notoriously we never ban people because we genuinely believe in free speech moderator who liked posts just the other day calling Vosem, and I quote, subhuman. Apparently that's acceptable, but don't you dare criticize Bernie! Hell, even inks wouldn't do something like.

LOL poor wittle hockey dude. I would have never guessed that inside he was such a fragile Little Snowflake. Cry
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1687 on: March 04, 2020, 12:22:19 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 12:28:30 AM by Calthrina950 »

Biden's odds of winning Texas up to 71% chance.

He's won this.  Lead is 25,000 and climbing.

A disappointing outcome for Sanders, who invested a significant amount of resources (money, staff, campaign rallies, etc.) into the state. Sanders will win California, but it appears that it will be his only significant win of the night-his victories in Utah, Vermont, and Colorado were expected, and are inconsequential in the broader scheme. He was humiliated in Massachusetts and Minnesota, and it appears that he might lose Maine as well. And of course, Biden destroyed him in Alabama, Virginia, and North Carolina, and beat him decisively in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
Biden Stans Are Cringelords
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1688 on: March 04, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »

Turnout from Oklahoma

Can definitely see Biden winning Oklahoma county with the suburban trends/turnout we've been seeing the last few years.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1689 on: March 04, 2020, 12:22:53 AM »

How many more "It's over" comments should we expect to see tonight? I think we got the message by now
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1690 on: March 04, 2020, 12:23:14 AM »

Hell, Hillary Clinton using a non completely brain-dead campaign strategy of ignoring Michigan Pennsylvania and Wisconsin almost entirely in favor of places like Texas and New Orleans, could have been would have won Electoral College, having beaten Trump by millions of votes.

It only looks that way in hindsight. She was well ahead in all those states until the last week. (Which also suggests campaigning in them might not have done anything.)

If she campaigned in them, and not Texas, and still lost, but was within a few points in Texas, you'd probably criticize her for not campaigning there.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1691 on: March 04, 2020, 12:24:13 AM »

Not sure about Cameron County, TX. Got a feeling that's off on the NYT.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1692 on: March 04, 2020, 12:26:52 AM »

Not sure about Cameron County, TX. Got a feeling that's off on the NYT.
seems like biden and bernie were reversed.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1693 on: March 04, 2020, 12:27:56 AM »

Biden is winning Bexar County election day turnout.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1694 on: March 04, 2020, 12:28:34 AM »

lmao at Bloomberg winning the counties that Napa Valley and Aspen are in. It's exactly where he should be winning!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1695 on: March 04, 2020, 12:29:09 AM »

The South votes for Biden, but the South is gonna vote Trump in the end, the only state that matters is WI
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1696 on: March 04, 2020, 12:29:16 AM »

Biden is winning Bexar County election day turnout.

Yeah, I think it's safe for the networks to begin calling the state for Biden.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1697 on: March 04, 2020, 12:30:20 AM »

Biden's margin is getting pretty large in Texas.  I don't see how Bernie spins this.  He lost MA, MN, might lose ME, is losing TX.  Lost the South by a wide margin.  I suppose if Warren stays in it they could deny Biden enough delegates, but I'm not seeing a path for Bernie to actually have the most delegates.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1698 on: March 04, 2020, 12:30:42 AM »

lmao at Bloomberg winning the counties that Napa Valley and Aspen are in. It's exactly where he should be winning!

Agreed. Bloomberg and Biden are fighting for second place in Colorado, which Sanders of course won handily-as I expected him to (he won here by a landslide over Clinton back in 2016 as well). However, results are not all uniform, as Biden apparently edged out Bloomberg by a narrow margin in blue-collar, working-class, and heavily Hispanic Pueblo County. Trump of course won Pueblo County in 2016, the first Republican since Nixon in 1972 to win there, and I wonder if Biden, if he is the nominee, would be able to win it back. I suspect that he would.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1699 on: March 04, 2020, 12:30:54 AM »

Hell, Hillary Clinton using a non completely brain-dead campaign strategy of ignoring Michigan Pennsylvania and Wisconsin almost entirely in favor of places like Texas and New Orleans, could have been would have won Electoral College, having beaten Trump by millions of votes.

It only looks that way in hindsight. She was well ahead in all those states until the last week. (Which also suggests campaigning in them might not have done anything.)

If she campaigned in them, and not Texas, and still lost, but was within a few points in Texas, you'd probably criticize her for not campaigning there.

Um, no? If she won the election I wouldn't give a damn if she lost Texas, because I'm not an idiot.

When someone runs a campaign like that and whines up losing by a fraction of a percentage point in three crucial states that till the election despite winning the popular vote by 3 million, one can genuinely place a lot of that defeat on Tactical stupidity. Add in the fact that this was Hillary Clinton, who the right-wing media has beat up on for a quarter-century to the point that a solid majority of Americans disliked her - - and who her own lack of credit, was always 8 wanting to have it both ways speaking out of both sides of her mouth politician - - which we just don't have to deal with in terms of Biden.

Just because they're both Democrats were prominent in the 90s, doesn't mean that the similarities don't also in there. Oh, and just a thought that maybe Bernie call for fundamental restructuring of the American economy might not sell as well where 60% of Americans are satisfied with the economy's direction, as opposed to only 36% in 2016?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies