Upon a Cross of Globalism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:16:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Upon a Cross of Globalism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Upon a Cross of Globalism  (Read 47661 times)
Kuumo

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »

Haley/Ryan, ReaganFan, Sanchez, are all loyalists to the Gallagher regime. Fuzzy was very happy how things were going but he passed away in his 80's. Most of us are probably in prison at least those who weren't able to flee the country.

Friendly reminder that a sizable proportion of Atlas users are not American.

I mean, in this TL it is much easier for non-American posters to imagine where they are. In my case (and yours) we'd probably end up being random citizens of the European Federation apparently

Yes. Probably Atlas would become some weird EXTREMELY retro thing exclusively for European Federation millennials and older zoomers with an interest in how sh1tty things are on the other side of the Atlantic.

I feel like many American Atlas posters would be politically aware enough to move to Canada or the European Federation within a year following Gallagher's coup if it were financially feasible. If you live in a country where the military can depose a president without consequence, your freedom of speech and freedom of movement can be revoked at any time.
Personally, I think I would have left around 2044 or 2045, though with hindsight anyone in America ITTL could probably say that. Having dual citizenship would really pay in this timeline, as I'm pretty sure any Atlas leftie that's still in the US by this point would be in deep sh*t.

Same here. I remember reading the March 15, 2044 update and thinking "this is when I would see that the country is past the point of no return and finally move overseas permanently."
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »

At this point, I hope the United States gets into a large war and is forced to unconditionally surrender and be partitioned amongst the victors and eventually spun off into a collection of protectorates for its various victims. At least there is still a resistance going on by the National Guard units.
That’s a good way to see *European Federation* cities wiped off the map. Gallagher would not give a sh**t about M.A.D.

Fixed it for you.

Do you honestly think Gallagher will stop unless stopped?

What?

My fix was that he said "EU" whereas in the timeline it has become the European Federation.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »

"Humanity has failed. I'm calling on you and several other members of the community to come together. We will research how to escape our current forms and become our true selves, and then we shall aim for the stars and start anew."
-Cryptic message, traced to an area of remote Northern Canada. Sent to leaders of the "Animal Squad", an obscure anti-Gallagher underground. Signed "Pastor T. and Mayor W."
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2020, 07:28:09 PM »

Applause, applause to one of the greatest timelines every written on this site

America has fallen to fascism. Tucker's diary entry is almost identical to Wilhelm II's comments on the rise of Nazism.

America is dead, the fascist regime that replaced it must be smashed to bits, whatever it takes. I hope the epilogue sees the collapse of the regime into tiny pieces.

And btw, I would have left after the first few years of Gallagher, or earlier, to Canada (where I am a citizen).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2020, 08:36:33 PM »

At this point, I hope the United States gets into a large war and is forced to unconditionally surrender and be partitioned amongst the victors and eventually spun off into a collection of protectorates for its various victims. At least there is still a resistance going on by the National Guard units.
That’s a good way to see *European Federation* cities wiped off the map. Gallagher would not give a sh**t about M.A.D.

Fixed it for you.

Do you honestly think Gallagher will stop unless stopped?

What?

My fix was that he said "EU" whereas in the timeline it has become the European
 Federation.

No. You're right. It wasn't  meant against that. It's just that Gallagher won't stop with just enslaving his own nation. He's already started attacking some of his neighbors.

Applause, applause to one of the greatest timelines every written on this site

America has fallen to fascism. Tucker's diary entry is almost identical to Wilhelm II's comments on the rise of Nazism.

America is dead, the fascist regime that replaced it must be smashed to bits, whatever it takes. I hope the epilogue sees the collapse of the regime into tiny pieces.

And btw, I would have left after the first few years of Gallagher, or earlier, to Canada (where I am a citizen).

I would think around the time of the initial coup, I hopefully will have emigrated.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2020, 06:49:52 AM »

Yes. Probably Atlas would become some weird EXTREMELY retro thing exclusively for European Federation millennials and older zoomers with an interest in how sh1tty things are on the other side of the Atlantic.

Tbh the way more likely scenario is that in 2049 the Atlas forum would not exist (Dave's page probably survives though, albeit with rigged election results and no RDC recognition)

If it somehow did, I assume Virginia and/or Dave transferred the ownership and servers to a foreign poster (Kalwejt?) before everything collapsed.

I assume a handful of Americans would get prosecuted for supporting the RDC or President Ramirez Rosa back in the day.

The few posters here would indeed be a weird mix of esoteric European and Canadian posters, and the American refugees who left the US.

In any case, 2003 is as far away from 2020 as 2037 is. So by the time people who joined this year are as old as the old timers, we'd only be in the 2nd term of president Hawley.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »

Tbh the way more likely scenario is that in 2049 the Atlas forum would not exist (Dave's page probably survives though, albeit with rigged election results and no RDC recognition)

If it somehow did, I assume Virginia and/or Dave transferred the ownership and servers to a foreign poster (Kalwejt?) before everything collapsed.

I assume a handful of Americans would get prosecuted for supporting the RDC or President Ramirez Rosa back in the day.

The few posters here would indeed be a weird mix of esoteric European and Canadian posters, and the American refugees who left the US.

In any case, 2003 is as far away from 2020 as 2037 is. So by the time people who joined this year are as old as the old timers, we'd only be in the 2nd term of president Hawley.

I agree very much with your first sentence, but since in this timeline Vox, Fox, CNN and a host of other media all still exist after more than 20 years (something I disagree with) I figured that Atlas might still exist too.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2020, 08:55:16 AM »

I agree very much with your first sentence, but since in this timeline Vox, Fox, CNN and a host of other media all still exist after more than 20 years (something I disagree with) I figured that Atlas might still exist too.
CNN has been around since the 80s and Fox since the 90s.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »

Haley/Ryan, ReaganFan, Sanchez, are all loyalists to the Gallagher regime. Fuzzy was very happy how things were going but he passed away in his 80's. Most of us are probably in prison at least those who weren't able to flee the country.

It'd be a dark timeline if I am still posting in Atlas in my 50's.

Anyway, great timeline Reagente. Really shows you how democracy can be undermined.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2020, 11:08:31 AM »

Anyway, great timeline Reagente. Really shows you how democracy can be undermined.

There's people who post here in their 50's and 60's.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »

True, but I say this because I would still be posting here like 40 years after registering, lol.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »

True, but I say this because I would still be posting here like 40 years after registering, lol.

People have been here for almost 20 years now.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »

I wonder what BRTD and the other original Atlas posters would be in as BRTD would be around 60?

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »

Tucker you helped create this so the only think i want to hear from your mouth is a full responsibility for leading our nation to this. Tucker will be remembered as the President who destroyed our great nation.

Hopefully a time machine is created by then so we can go back to 2024 and nominate Haley or Marco instead of Tucker or even better go back to 2012 and elect Mitt Romney so the rise of populism is stopped dead in its track with no Trump in 2016.

Even at the end of the timeline insisting that the virgin Haley will save us?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2020, 06:27:09 AM »

Tucker you helped create this so the only think i want to hear from your mouth is a full responsibility for leading our nation to this. Tucker will be remembered as the President who destroyed our great nation.

Hopefully a time machine is created by then so we can go back to 2024 and nominate Haley or Marco instead of Tucker or even better go back to 2012 and elect Mitt Romney so the rise of populism is stopped dead in its track with no Trump in 2016.

Even at the end of the timeline insisting that the virgin Haley will save us?

Oh my God now I have an image of Dan Crenshaw as Haley's son and it is disgusting.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »

I wonder what BRTD and the other original Atlas posters would be in as BRTD would be around 60?

YH Is part of the roundup as the last remaining member of the #resistance.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2020, 01:03:18 PM »

YH Is part of the roundup as the last remaining member of the #resistance.

What do you think happens to people who are in the round up?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2020, 01:37:12 AM »

This is horrifying but amazing at the same time.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2020, 09:22:44 AM »

So if there's an epilogue coming, I'd like to make a prediction.

Gallagher = American Pinochet, and his rule ends in a similar way?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2020, 02:12:28 PM »

Do you see Gallagher making an honest referendum on his rule? I certainly don't tbh but we shall see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Chilean_national_plebiscite
(in fairness, Pinochet getting 44% of the vote was quite a lot of support)
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2020, 03:35:05 PM »

Do you see Gallagher making an honest referendum on his rule? I certainly don't tbh but we shall see

Once under enough pressure. And I mean a lot of pressure.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2020, 07:32:07 AM »

Once under enough pressure. And I mean a lot of pressure.

I could see this happening if the early 2050s was like a WWII scenario or some other more likely and  conservative "soft" scenario where the European Federation and the PRC were able to contain the Gallagher regime. At a certain point, it could be that finding a legal way out of power would be better than either rebels or the Chinese getting him and giving him either Qaddafi or the Mussolini treatment.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »

I’ll probably be dead from lung cancer by that point.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2020, 12:32:52 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-republican-embrace-of-qanon-goes-far-beyond-trump/ar-BB18cS9P

Looks like this might come true a few decades early
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2020, 02:16:19 AM »

I just read this whole thing.

Trump may lead us down this path and it's scary. The GOP needs to move away from Populists like Trump. Move onto traditional conservatives.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies