King and Country - Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:01:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: King and Country - Gameplay Thread  (Read 4027 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« on: February 20, 2020, 08:46:14 PM »

(Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Missives From Emperor Leopold I (1670):
Regarding Germany:
As the duly elected Holy Roman Emperor of the German Nation, heir of Charlemange and Constantine, it is my duty to defend the subjects of my extended Empire. Although Emperors may no longer wield direct control as they have in the past, their duty remains. Let this serve as a warning, any attempt to interfere with the rights and lands of the German people by a foreign power will be met with the utmost censure and condemnation from Vienna. From Lorraine to Silesia, Hamburg to Trent, the people of Germany shall find me their strongest defender. I have taken an oath upon becoming Emperor to keep the peace and defend the subjects of the realm from the depredations of warfare. This includes further foreign incursion into the lands of the knights, bishops, princes, and free cities of the Empire. Legitimate princes, who happen to hold territory elsewhere, need not be worried. This only applies to any meddlesome foreign tyrants who would see it as in their interest to sow dissent and unease among the good people of Germany. While their may be multiple confessions in the Empire, I have no doubt that we are all, as Germans, united in wishing for the continued stability and order that has prevailed in this region for the past twenty years and would work to defend it.

Regarding Trade:
I would also like it to be known that Austria would look forward to furthering trade connections with fellow sovereigns both inside and outside of the Emperor. Any foreign potentate willing to open trade negotiations with the Archduchy of Austria will find us willing to establish fair and mutually beneficial agreements for the benefit of each of our subjects.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 08:40:14 PM »

The Treaty of Vienna

1. The Most Exalted Ottoman Empire and the Austrian Empire shall not engage in any act of armed aggression against each other within their current borders or those their current, recognized vassals in for the next four years.  

2. In four years, the first provision of this treaty shall be revisited and either extended by mutual agreement of both parties or terminated.

3. The present border between the Most Exalted Ottoman Empire and the Austrian Empire is formally recognized.  

4. Armed conflict between the parties on the soil of a state that is neither party to this agreement nor a vassal of one of the parties shall not constitute a violation of this treaty, provided said conflict does not spread - through a deliberate act by one of the parties - to the borders of the parties to this treaty and/or their current vassals.  

Sultan Mehmed IV

X- Emperor Leopold von Habsburg
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:59:45 PM »

Quote from: Treaty of Salzburg
I. The Archduchy of Austria and the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands (hereafter, the signatories) agree to in every way respect those merchants of the other party and to not unnecessarily delay or burden them in their travels.
II. Each signatory declares the other to be a favored nation for the purposes of trade, and shall, within one year of the agreement of this treaty, reduce tariffs placed upon goods imported from the other nation by one-half.
III. The Dutch Republic shall establish trading consulates in Trieste, Vienna, Prague, Pressburg, and Breslau, while the Habsburg Monarchy shall establish consulates in the Hague, Amsterdam, Arnhem, and Rotterdam.
IV. These consulates shall allow for merchants from that country to export and import products, and they shall only be assigned two-thirds of the established rate of tariff.
V. Austrian merchants shall be permitted to become shareholders in the United East India Company and the Chartered West India Company, so long as they conduct their operation through established trade consulates.
xJohan de Witt, Councillor-Pensionary of Holland

X- Emperor Leopold von Habsburg
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies