The Office of Lumine (Running for Frémont Senate)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:10:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Lumine (Running for Frémont Senate)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Office of Lumine (Running for Frémont Senate)  (Read 5760 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2021, 12:00:45 AM »

You've been the best GM we've had in a long time, and you're leaving big shoes to fill. Managing such an huge array of events at the same time we've been, uh, experiencing them, can't have been easy. Creating the NPC Elections, and making them as fun and enjoyable as they were, was nothing short of remarkable.

Been a pleasure to serve alongside you. Thanks for everything.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2021, 12:11:08 AM »

Sad news. Atlasia has been in great hands with you. I can hope whoever succeeds you can continue your great work with the NPC elections and other GM duties.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2021, 12:35:39 AM »

Concur with the other folks here. While I've lost interest recently, the NPC elections have been great, and I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into them, in addition to the other elements of the GM office that you've run extraordinarily well. Gonna be hard to replace you.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2021, 12:43:36 AM »

Bravo on a wonderful run Mr. Pontifex Maximus. It's incredible how things turn to gold with you at the helm, and the GM office was no exception. Several good pieces of legislation were inspired by your thought provoking stories. On a personal note, getting excited by some of your ideas for the game is pretty much the thing that got me to come back to Atlasia at all. So thank you for that and for all the effort that you put into making the game fun for everyone.

Acta est Fabula, Plaudite!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2021, 12:44:55 AM »

Best of luck for the future, you are without a doubt one of Atlasia's finest!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2021, 02:17:25 AM »

Thank you for your hard work and service. You really succeeded in revolutionizing this position in a way I never believed was actually possible. I wish the best for you and your legacy.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2021, 03:01:31 AM »

It'll be the country's loss when you step down, and whoever your successor is will have enormous shoes to fill on the NPC front, the stories and policy updates, the fount of ideas you've been while in office, and the strength of mind to hold to it through what must have been a tougher year for you than it was for many of us. But it's a rest you have thoroughly earned and then some.

Thank you for everything.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2021, 04:11:32 AM »

Real shame to see you go, but it was inevitable at some point. The last eight months or so have done more to reform the GM then the last 12 years of efforts and that will be a lasting legacy of your tenure. I do hope the NPC can be maintained by your successor and I look forward to your next endeavors.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2021, 04:13:23 AM »

Sad news for the country —but a rest well-earned, nonetheless. After SoFE, holding down the papacy is at once the most thanklessly difficult and necessary jobs in the game. I did my best for a year and can attest to the enormous portfolio that even the most gifted pontiffs struggle with.

So you are saying you are a right wing reactionary? Tongue
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2021, 09:16:35 AM »

You're an incredible loss to the game, and we'll surely struggle to fill your shoes. Hopefully this can only lead to bigger and brighter opportunities for you.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2021, 10:35:54 AM »

Oh, wow. I am truly sad to hear this. You have been by far the best GM I've seen in my time in Atlasia, and seeing you go feels weird: nostalgia mixed with hope for the way you've revolutionized the office. Thank you so much for your service to the game!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2021, 01:18:44 PM »

Thank you all for the kind comments, it is inmensely appreciated!

I've honestly enjoyed serving on this position and exploring new stuff, though I admit that a combination of RL issues and how impossible the position seems to be at times (the Game Engine is in dire need of being completely overhauled, I think) has led to feeling a bit burned out and in need of a break.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2021, 12:16:06 AM »

Quote from: GM Directive #011
GM Directive 001 - concerning the temporary renaming of the office - is hereby rescinded.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2021, 08:42:27 AM »

We all knew this day would come. I just wish it didn't have to happen so soon. Tongue

Thank you, Lumine, for all the hard work you've done in the last year. Though I took issue with a few of the NPC results, I know you tried to be as impartial as possible in accounting for all of the things that influence the results.

Thank you for working with all the regions to establish a new, fun system that I can only hope will continue in your absence.

Thank you for representing the best of Frémont, the greatest civilization ever known to man, and for all the hard work and hours you put in for absolutely no monetary compensation.

Enjoy your break, Lumine. It is well-deserved.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2021, 12:02:31 AM »

I know I've barely paid attention to the game for a while, but from what I've seen you've done a brilliant job (as expected!).

(the Game Engine is in dire need of being completely overhauled, I think)

I would love to see a detailed write-up on this if you ever have time/desire Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2021, 07:59:26 PM »

Getting Started:
October 19th, 2021:

Quote from: GM Directive #012
GM Directive 011 - revoking the temporary renaming of the office - is hereby rescinded. The Game Moderator is to be referred to as Pontifex Maximus.

Quote from: GM Directive #013
GM Directives 003 to 008 - governing matters concerning the NPC elections - are temporarily suspended.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2021, 11:10:22 PM »

Forgot former President Sev considered the NPC Elections Visibility Act of 2021 as signed, so today I'm formally invoking one of its clauses to suspend NPC elections (which is already a reality) for some time. I'll look into what criteria we may need in order to establish what's the minimum amount of people that would have to be interested in order to be viable, but right now I must focus on moving the storylines forward (update is being written as we speak).

NPC Follow-Up:
November 19th, 2021:

Quote from: GM Directive #014
In accordance with Section 2.2 of the NPC Elections Visibility Act of 2021, and perceiving a lack of sufficient public interest regarding NPC state and local elections, the Pontifex Maximus hereby suspends said NPC elections until further notice.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2022, 06:46:54 PM »

After what I can only describe as an unacceptably long period of time, I have managed to address the GM backlog and post a number of international and domestic updates, which I hope will provide some clarification as to the current status of certain key storylines and the reaction to some recent events. That I have failed to do so for a number of weeks is ultimately my responsibility (and/or prioritizing a number of personal processes and projects), but not something I'm proud of, particularly after making a point of expressing my intent to resign were I ever prove unable to be active.

For now, I can say I have written to the President regarding this matter and hope to hear from him soon. In the meantime, I reiterate my apologies for the delay, and hope that the new updates prove useful for officeholders and/or provide something interesting to react to or interact with.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2022, 08:49:28 PM »

As I’ve made it clear over the past few days, it was my intention to step down as GM after I could both clear the current backlog and, more importantly, bring the Kansas storyline to a conclusion.

Upon reflection, and taking the events of the last few days into account, I can no longer do so. It has become impossible to report on the Kansas events with a reasonable degree of objectivity due to my personal position on the matter. Therefore, it is clear to me that the appropriate course of action is actually to resign, and not legitimize the present situation.

For what it’s worth, I am a Frémonter – a proud one at that –, but I cannot and I will not justify trying to force an entire state and its citizens to be a part of the Commonwealth by force, particularly when it has been made clear – via currently canon events – they do not wish this. And I cannot and I will not carry on as GM when the highest authorities in the land feel free to justify dramatic actions by citing events that have not taken place.

Using the powers of the Federal Government to unlawfully invade a state against its will and without reasonable justification is, to put it mildly, a serious abuse of power. Some people may find it fun, I do not, and I want no part in it.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2022, 09:06:05 PM »

As I’ve made it clear over the past few days, it was my intention to step down as GM after I could both clear the current backlog and, more importantly, bring the Kansas storyline to a conclusion.

Upon reflection, and taking the events of the last few days into account, I can no longer do so. It has become impossible to report on the Kansas events with a reasonable degree of objectivity due to my personal position on the matter. Therefore, it is clear to me that the appropriate course of action is actually to resign, and not legitimize the present situation.

For what it’s worth, I am a Frémonter – a proud one at that –, but I cannot and I will not justify trying to force an entire state and its citizens to be a part of the Commonwealth by force, particularly when it has been made clear – via currently canon events – they do not wish this. And I cannot and I will not carry on as GM when the highest authorities in the land feel free to justify dramatic actions by citing events that have not taken place.

Using the powers of the Federal Government to unlawfully invade a state against its will and without reasonable justification is, to put it mildly, a serious abuse of power. Some people may find it fun, I do not, and I want no part in it.
Thank you for your service, Mr. GM.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2022, 09:39:09 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2022, 09:44:58 AM by ‎Ishan »

Out of curiosity, who are the holders/shadow holders of The Great Offices of State?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2022, 11:11:39 PM »

Code:
Out of curiosity, who are the holders/shadow holders of The Great Offices of State?

That would be:

Labour Frontbench

Prime Minister: Owen Smith (2018 - Present)
Deputy PM: Tom Watson (2018 - Present)
Chancellor: Angela Eagle (2020 - Present)
Foreign Sec: Hilary Benn (2018 - Present)
Home Sec: Yvette Cooper (2018 - Present)

Tory Frontbench

Leader of the Opposition: Rory Stewart (2018 - Present)
Deputy Leader: David Lidington (2018 - Present)
Shadow Chancellor: David Gauke (2021 - Present)
Shadow Foreign Sec: Penny Mordaunt (2020 - Present)
Shadow Home Sec: Tobias Ellwood (2021 - Present)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2022, 11:37:35 PM »

Mr. GM, can you provide any insight on our trade pact with several African countries?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2022, 05:36:16 AM »

Mr. GM, can you provide any insight on our trade pact with several African countries?

IIRC those countries were Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, and Tanzania.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2022, 03:51:22 PM »

I second this question and also wonder if the PRC has tried to influence countries in the area, or if they have focused more on Taiwan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies