WSJ: Gideon 43 Collins 42
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:33:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  WSJ: Gideon 43 Collins 42
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WSJ: Gideon 43 Collins 42  (Read 1854 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 12:15:23 PM »

It’s one poll, and we’ll need to see where things go from here, but it’s certainly a bad poll for Collins. She’s definitely quite vulnerable, and clearly can’t count on winning over a significant number of independents anymore.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 12:15:46 PM »

This doesn't bold well for Ernst, the other female R senator whom seem too extreme for voters in IA. Grassley worked for Iowans like Harkin did. Ernst acquitted Trump and she is in a Dem held seat. Both will lose, again, projecting what's gonna happen, not what the polls are saying now. IA have voted for the EC winner except in 2000, and IA 4 is vulnerable to Scholten
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »

LET'S GET THIS MF MONEY BABY
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 06:33:26 PM »

Lean D if Sanders
Lean R if Bloomberg
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 06:38:10 PM »

Tossup. Period.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »

McSally and Gardner and Collins are doomed
Yoda
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 12:22:24 AM »

A 4-term Senator polling in the lower 40's is insanely weak. Undecideds usually break more for the challenger, so Collins is in serious trouble. Have the ads even started yet pointing out that she voted to acquit a clearly criminal president? That she put her political party before her country? Yeh, I don't see her pulling this out. There's waaaaay too much of Trump's insane appointments/policies to tie her to, and HUUUUURRRR DUUUURRRR MY OPPONENTS A LIBRUL HHUURRR DUUURRR BERNIE SOCIALSIM DUURRRRR isn't gonna save her. With the Assange news today she might be forced to vote to acquit Trump again just before the election, and that will kill any remaining chance.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 07:02:57 AM »

I think people are really overestimating Collins chances. We are living in a partisan time, and Collins will not have the crossover support she was afforded back in 2014.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »

I think people are really overestimating Collins chances. We are living in a partisan time, and Collins will not have the crossover support she was afforded back in 2014.

Sure. The question is how much of this crossover support she will preserve.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2020, 03:24:05 PM »

A 4-term Senator polling in the lower 40's is insanely weak. Undecideds usually break more for the challenger, so Collins is in serious trouble. Have the ads even started yet pointing out that she voted to acquit a clearly criminal president? That she put her political party before her country? Yeh, I don't see her pulling this out. There's waaaaay too much of Trump's insane appointments/policies to tie her to, and HUUUUURRRR DUUUURRRR MY OPPONENTS A LIBRUL HHUURRR DUUURRR BERNIE SOCIALSIM DUURRRRR isn't gonna save her. With the Assange news today she might be forced to vote to acquit Trump again just before the election, and that will kill any remaining chance.

Especially when Bernie would likely win Maine against Trump.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2020, 02:43:18 AM »

rip Collins.  Voted for an illegitimate SC nominee.  Voted for a rapist alcoholic SC nominee.  Voted against your constituents in order to prevent a constitutionally-mandated Senate trial of our criminal president after he was impeached.  Voted to acquit our criminal president despite not holding a trial.  Good ing riddance. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. actually I hope it nails you.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2020, 04:51:23 AM »

rip Collins.  Voted for an illegitimate SC nominee.  Voted for a rapist alcoholic SC nominee.  Voted against your constituents in order to prevent a constitutionally-mandated Senate trial of our criminal president after he was impeached.  Voted to acquit our criminal president despite not holding a trial.  Good ing riddance. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. actually I hope it nails you.

What a kind person you seem to be
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2020, 07:12:05 AM »

What a kind person you seem to be

I mean, I can’t really think of a good reason why anyone would like her, whether you’re a liberal, moderate, or conservative. She’s proven herself again and again to be a snake.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2020, 08:42:17 AM »

Susan Collins had Olympia Snowe and Specter during the Obama years. Now, she has Ernst, Collins is doing her best to have an Ernst and SMC voting record, on Kavanaugh and Impeachment.  Along with Murkowski,  all 4 R females voted to Acquit
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies