Ukraine general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:26:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine general discussion  (Read 11426 times)
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« on: June 20, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2020, 01:17:15 PM by UkrainianRepublican »

Two days ago Zelensky and his minions tried to uphold a court hearing on Poroshenko's case. They were( and still are) trying to blame him for mythical "State Treason", which, if we are to believe to them, happened in November 2018, when 3 Ukrainian gunboats tried to cross Kerch Strait, were attacked and afterwardly captured by Russian Navy. They claim that Poroshenko did this to "provoke war or crisis which would give grounds to suspend Civil Law and introduce Martial Law and usurp power". Those nutjobs are consistently ignoring the fact that Poroshenko itroduced Martial Law only in 8 out of 24 regions of the country, with numerous limitations and only for a month, so this won't break 2019 elections schedule. Elections were held in time without any fraud from Poroshenko.

People who are backing ES and Poroshenko gathered around the court building during this day and stood up until 19-00, when Poroshenko appeared from this building, gave a speech and told that court hearing is postponed until 1st of July. Crowd was really large, as my friend who were here told me that atleast 8-10 thousands visited protest.

IMO this all looks really awfully. Zelensky is a horrible president, ala Ukrainian version of Trump, and has no successes at all  since he took power after inauguration 13 months ago. Economy is in shambles, Ukraine's standing on international arene is damaged with long-lasting results, people are disapproving of him, he squandered all positive achievements of previous government and President, and now tries to intiate a witch hunt aganist a former President Poroshenko who is gaining popularity as Zelensky's approvals take a dive.

Zelensky is scared of Poroshenko. He sees him as an enemy who should be removed at any cost so that this "enemy" won't come to power once again or stop Zelensky and Kolomoiskiy dark business.

Overall, situation sucks. I hope that Zelenskiy would resign next year and we would have snap elections. I'll vote for Poroshenko again gladly. Atleast he has some vital achievemnts and is perfect on FP. Zelensky is just an oligarch puppet.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »

Two days ago Zelensky and his minions tried uphold a court hearing on Poroshenko's case. They were( and still are) trying to blame him for mythical "State Treason", which, if we are to believe to them, happened in November 2018, when 3 Ukrainian gunboats tried to cross Kerch Strait, were attacked and afterwardly captured by Russian Navy. They claim that Poroshenko did this to "provoke war or crisis which would give grounds to suspend Civil Law and introduce Martial Law and usurp power". Those nutjobs are consistently ignoring the fact that Poroshenko itroduced Martial Law only in 8 out of 24 regions of the country, with numerous limitations and only for a month, so this won't break 2019 elections schedule. Elections were held in time without any fraud from Poroshenko.

People who are backing ES and Poroshenko gathered around the court building during this day and stood up until 19-00, when Poroshenko appeared from this building, gave a speech and told that court hearing is postponed until 1st of July. Crowd was really large, as my friend who were here told me that atleast 8-10 thousands visited protest.

IMO this all looks really awfully. Zelensky is a horrible president, ala Ukrainian version of Trump, and has no successes at all  since he took power after inauguration 13 months ago. Economy is in shambles, Ukraine's standing on international arene is damaged with long-lasting results, people are disapproving of him, he squandered all positive achievements of previous government and President, and now tries to intiate a witch hunt aganist a former President Poroshenko who is gaining popularity as Zelensky's approvals take a dive.

Zelensky is scared of Poroshenko. He sees him as an enemy who should be removed at any cost so that this "enemy" won't come to power once again or stop Zelensky and Kolomoiskiy dark business.

Overall, situation sucks. I hope that Zelenskiy would resign next year and we would have snap elections. I'll vote for Poroshenko again gladly. Atleast he has some vital achievemnts and is perfect on FP. Zelensky is just an oligarch puppet.

Isn’t SOTP collapsing in the polls? It seems that the way things are currently going, Zelensky is going to be voted out of office. That leaves the question of who exactly is going to get elected. Opposition Platform alienates most of the country and Poroshenko and Tymoshenko are seemingly going nowhere from the info I’m getting.

Could it be possible for a coalition government of pro-EU parties (Voice, Fatherland, European Solidarity) to try and oust SOTP? Would SOTP respond by aligning with Opposition Platform?

Welcome to the Forum by the way, always nice to have more international posters fill us in on what’s going on out there. Gives some breathing room for Andriy.
SOTP is collapsing, it's already fragmented and probably won't survive until July 2021. Fortunately, ES is gaining ground rapidly, along with Poroshenko. Unfortunately, Boyko and OP are gaining ground too. Seems like we would have 2nd round setup as: Boyko(OP) vs Poroshenko(ES). Probably we would have 2 dominating parties in the foreseable future, populist OP with a rabidly pro-Russian stance, and mix of left and right wing economical ideas and ES being classical liberal party remniscent to EU center-right parties.

Fatherland and Voice would never ally with ES, as Fatherland is opposed to Poroshenko and ES on core principles. Voice is just a placeholder party which does nothing for the last 8 or so months.

Thanks you PSOL, for your greetings. I've been lurking here unathorized since late September, so I more-or-less know main posters of Atlas
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:19 PM »

Doubt about Poroshenko's future. He is still the most unpopular politician in the Country, sure, he has like 10-15% of hard supporters, but that's not enough for glorious return.

Also there are a lot of opened cases against him, though i've heard some of them were close recently. Some of them about corruption, one about his appointment of Russian citizen as Deputy Head of Foreign Intelligence, etc.
I can't  post any links, but rn his approval is 18% and climbing up. I think he will reach 30% by next year's  summer, and 30% means that he would be certainly electable. Atleast he will manage to go into 2nd  round. Currently, there alot of people being disillusioned by Ze. Each day this number will grow.

Most of the cases opened aganist him  is a blatant fraud. Even Ze's  appointed judges refuse to work with those cases often.

P.S. Я уверен, что если в следующем  году будут внеочередные, и во второй тур выйдут Порох и Бойко, то Порох сможет повторить Гровера  Кливленда.

Но с тем, что происходит в мире, до этого надо еще дожить как-то, хе-хе.....

UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 01:53:15 AM »

Because 60-70% Ukrainians sometimes turn into phenomenally  stupid people, believing cheap populist promises. Zelensky is our downgraded copy of Donald Trump. And despite all of this he still has 40% approval(We are multiparty  country, so that's a big number). My hope is that by next spring he collapses entirely. Thankfully,  he already lost half of his support.

UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 02:09:55 AM »

Because 60-70% Ukrainians sometimes turn into phenomenally  stupid people, believing cheap populist promises. Zelensky is our downgraded copy of Donald Trump. And despite all of this he still has 40% approval(We are multiparty  country, so that's a big number). My hope is that by next spring he collapses entirely. Thankfully,  he already lost half of his support.
While it does appear a lot of the population is lukewarm about Zelensky (37% rate his performance as merely "satisfactory"), he is also considered trustworthy by a 20 point margin. Additionally, being close to 40% in the first round is a very good position for him to be in considering that he likely would consolidate Timoshenko's support and the support of others in a runoff with Poroshenko.

He probably won't be a prez by 1st of August 2021. I am calling on him to resign and there would be a snap Presidential election next summer. His support shrank  from 71% to 37% in just 1 year. By May 2021 it would be probably 15-20%. And being trustworthy in Ukrainian  politics means almost nothing, lol. Yanukovich  wasn't  considered more trustworthy than Tymoshenko  in 2010, yet he still won by 6 point margin
Atmosphere  is heating up at frightening rate here since 2019 elections. Mainly because Zelensky is an epic failure, weakwilled person and a puppet of oligarchs.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 03:45:35 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2020, 03:49:14 AM by UkrainianRepublican »

Unfortunately, most Ukrainians are very easy to manipulate. And the central TV channels create such an atmosphere that all of Zelensky's failures occur through PM Shmygal, the Verkhovna Rada or even Poroshenko. Although Zelensky has absolute power over all institutions in the country, people do not understand or do not want to understand. And for about 30% Poroshenko remains "a bastard, a marauder who profits from the war" because of a very successful media company ZE!

And my prediction: if snap elections were held now, Zelensky would win over all candidates
Zelensky 64%
Poroshenko 36%

If snap elections were held a year later, Zelensky would lose to almost all candidates
Poroshenko 57%
Zelensky 43%

And now I am looking forward to the return of Oleg Lyashko to the Verkhovna Rada (on October 25 will be snap elections in the district in Chernihiv region, whose MP Davydenko was killed)
Lyashko? I am grabbing popcorn and prepared to see cows and pitchforks again in Rada Cheesy
Seriously speaking, this can be a good news, as Lyashko would bite off another 5-6% of support for Zelensky.
And he is kinda "charismatic"  Sunglasses
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »

Uh, come on, guys. Zelensky is awful president, but Poroshenko wasn't Lee Kuan Yew either, just another corrupt east european politician. And he has TV support before 2019 election as well: "1+1" was pro-Zelensky, but Fifth Channel and Pryamoi were very pro-Poroshenko. Pinchuk's and Achmetov's channels were neutral.

New SMC polling research, by the way.
https://smc.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/2020-06-22-PR.pdf

For the first time in my memory Zelensky has negative approval ratings
Approve/Disapprove
41.3/50.2%

Voting intentions
SOTP 30.5%
Opposition Party "For Life" 18.6%
European Solidarity 12%
Fatherland 9.7%
Others less than 5%.

European Solidarity (party of Poroshenko) now leads in West Ukraine, OP (pro-russian) leads in Donbass and is near-second with SOTP in East and South. SOTP with comfortable lead in Central Ukraine, European Solidarity, OP, and Fatherland all around 10%

Imagine saying that Poroshenko is corrupt, while his net worth shrank  by 40% comparing to 2014. Guy literally gave away millions to Army, for example, buying AA defense assets  around Kyiv in 2014.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies