Ukraine general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:27:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ukraine general discussion  (Read 11437 times)
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2020, 07:20:26 AM »

A soldier who was abandoned on the line of demarcation died yesterday. For 4 days he lay without food, without water and with bleeding. Zelensky personally took control of the case and promised to return him alive. But he (Zelensky) flew on vacation

Meanwhile, the Verkhovna Rada passed a bill that violates the association with the EU. Also, the pro-Russian part of SOTP and OPFL want to pass the so-called "Buzhansky's bill", which will actually make Ukraine Russian-speaking.

Zelensky once again confirmed that he is the worst President in the history of Ukraine. Again! His incompetence, lying and greed for money caused another death! I hope that he will feel for himself all that the soldiers in the trench are going through, that their mothers are going through!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/21/hostage-siege-ends-after-ukrainian-president-endorses-joaquin-phoenix-film

A gunman in Ukraine armed with an automatic rifle and grenades has surrendered to police and released 13 hostages after the country’s president consented to his demand to recommend the 2005 film Earthlings starring Joaquin Phoenix.

The niche film recommendation, delivered by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy over Facebook, helped end an hours-long standoff in the western Ukrainian city of Lutsk, where 44-year-old Maksym Kryvosh seized a bus and demanded that dozens of government officials admit to being “terrorists”.

During the hostage crisis, which began on Tuesday morning, Kryvosh opened fire and threw a grenade at a police drone. The reports of automatic gunfire sent some journalists at the scene diving for cover. No one was seriously injured during the standoff. A bullet was reported to have nearly struck the national chief of police.

I guess this is more proof President Zelenskiy is an idiot?
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2020, 04:00:29 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/21/hostage-siege-ends-after-ukrainian-president-endorses-joaquin-phoenix-film

A gunman in Ukraine armed with an automatic rifle and grenades has surrendered to police and released 13 hostages after the country’s president consented to his demand to recommend the 2005 film Earthlings starring Joaquin Phoenix.

The niche film recommendation, delivered by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy over Facebook, helped end an hours-long standoff in the western Ukrainian city of Lutsk, where 44-year-old Maksym Kryvosh seized a bus and demanded that dozens of government officials admit to being “terrorists”.

During the hostage crisis, which began on Tuesday morning, Kryvosh opened fire and threw a grenade at a police drone. The reports of automatic gunfire sent some journalists at the scene diving for cover. No one was seriously injured during the standoff. A bullet was reported to have nearly struck the national chief of police.

Why? As far as i can say, people loved this move from Zelensky, even in Russia. Probably will cause spike in aprrovement ratings.

Meanwhile, the Verkhovna Rada passed a bill that violates the association with the EU. Also, the pro-Russian part of SOTP and OPFL want to pass the so-called "Buzhansky's bill", which will actually make Ukraine Russian-speaking.

Not true about "Buzhansky's Bill". It just slightly changes higly controversial 2019 Language Bill with accordance to recommendations from Venetian Commission. Mainly it's just delays abolishment of russian-language schools until 2023 (as for other ethnic minority-languages schools). Though I have impression it wouldn't pass/would't been considered. Oh well, there goes SOTP's perspectives of winning regional elections in South-East.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2020, 04:02:06 AM »

Yeah, he is fully idiot
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2020, 04:08:06 AM »

Not true about "Buzhansky's Bill". It just slightly changes higly controversial 2019 Language Bill with accordance to recommendations from Venetian Commission. Mainly it's just delays abolishment of russian-language schools until 2023 (as for other ethnic minority-languages schools). Though I have impression it wouldn't pass/would't been considered. Oh well, there goes SOTP's perspectives of winning regional elections in South-East.

Yes, but teaching in schools in Russian provokes Russian-speaking Ukraine in the future. This will enable Russia to continue to "protect Russian-speakers." Posters "Putin, help" ("Путин, помоги!") will appear later. And, in my opinion, deputies in the Verkhovna Rada should speak exclusively in the state language, that is Ukrainian, instead of Russian as Buzhansky does. And I fully support 2019 Language Bill, I, like many experts, do not find any discrimination in it
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2020, 06:48:51 AM »

You can look at it that way - alternatively, he showed some common sense that saved lives?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2020, 02:31:36 PM »

kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »

Yes, but teaching in schools in Russian provokes Russian-speaking Ukraine in the future. This will enable Russia to continue to "protect Russian-speakers." Posters "Putin, help" ("Путин, помоги!") will appear later. And, in my opinion, deputies in the Verkhovna Rada should speak exclusively in the state language, that is Ukrainian, instead of Russian as Buzhansky does. And I fully support 2019 Language Bill, I, like many experts, do not find any discrimination in it

There are about 150 russian-speaking schools in Ukraine, about 1% of total number, so it doesn't provoke anything. And of course ukrainians chose european values in 2014, which includes respect minority rights, such as linguistic.
Posters wouldn't appear if there would be no discrimination. Personally i think it would be good to have Russian as second state-language, it would close linguistic question.

As for 2019 Language Bill, it was critisized basically by everyone except ukrainian nationalists. See, Venetian Commission:
https://www.dw.com/ru/%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%83-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD-%D0%BE%D0%B1-%D1%83%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC-%D1%8F%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BA%D0%B5/a-51567161
UN:
https://news.un.org/ru/story/2019/07/1359441
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2020, 02:55:41 AM »

There are about 150 russian-speaking schools in Ukraine, about 1% of total number, so it doesn't provoke anything. And of course ukrainians chose european values in 2014, which includes respect minority rights, such as linguistic.
Posters wouldn't appear if there would be no discrimination. Personally i think it would be good to have Russian as second state-language, it would close linguistic question.

As for 2019 Language Bill, it was critisized basically by everyone except ukrainian nationalists. See, Venetian Commission:
https://www.dw.com/ru/%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%83-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD-%D0%BE%D0%B1-%D1%83%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC-%D1%8F%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BA%D0%B5/a-51567161
UN:
https://news.un.org/ru/story/2019/07/1359441

You see, the problem is not in Russian-language schools. The problem is in Russian-speaking pro-Russian society, which is a consequence of the existence of these schools.

By the way, it is not necessary for the school to have the status of Russian-language teaching. At my nephew's, who goes to a Ukrainian school in western Ukraine, some elderly teachers teach Russian and teach students how good it was to live in the USSR. This is in western Ukraine. In the east, most are exactly the same. Ukrainian-language schools are so only in the name, but in fact they teach in Russian

I would not see any problem in the bilingualism of society if:

a) it was full equality, not as I often heard in Odessa a few years ago "Please speak Russian, because I do not understand you"

b) there was no such neighbor as Russia, which at any time is ready to come to save Russian-speakers from the fascists invented by it.

Point. And don't try to prove to me how useful it is to have a bilingual society and Russian as a second state language. At least not for the next 100 years
urutzizu
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2020, 10:05:13 AM »

Yulia Tymoshenko in 'serious condition' after testing positive according to Reuters.

“Her condition is assessed as serious, her temperature is up to 39 (Celsius),” the spokeswoman for her Fatherland party said, declining to say whether Tymoshenko had been hospitalised or give further detail.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »

Why Opossition Plataform has gone up in the polls and do they have an ideology other than "Rusia not bad"?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2020, 01:18:17 PM »

Why Opossition Plataform has gone up in the polls and do they have an ideology other than "Rusia not bad"?
Rating of "Opposition Platform" is rising because rating of SOTP is falling. In 2019, most of the pro-Russian electorate voted for Zelensky and SOTP, and now that people are disappointed in Zelensky, the pro-Russian electorate is returning to the OPFL.

In OPLF the main ideology is:
× Europe and USA are bad, Russia is good
× we need Russian as a second state language
× we don't need Ukrainian language at all
× we don't need our autocephalous church
× we have civil war in Ukraine
× Poroshenko is the worst because he is pro-NATO, pro-EU and he is a Ukrainian patriot. Basically all
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »

Rating of "Opposition Platform" is rising because rating of SOTP is falling. In 2019, most of the pro-Russian electorate voted for Zelensky and SOTP, and now that people are disappointed in Zelensky, the pro-Russian electorate is returning to the OPFL.

× Poroshenko is the worst because he is pro-NATO, pro-EU and he is a Ukrainian patriot. Basically all

What's roughly SOTP's floor / OPFL's ceiling?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2020, 01:55:52 PM »

I bet the SOTP won't get even 3% in the next election in 2024. There is no ideology in this party, and there have been so many scandals in recent months that it is difficult to count. People are very quickly disappointed in it.

OPFL can reach 30%. I think this is the biggest number they can get. The days when pro-Russian parties could get more than 50% are long gone
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2020, 02:34:44 PM »

Today is the Independence Day of Ukraine. At the concert dedicated to this, which was organized by the Office of the President, some of the songs were in Russian. This has never happened before. This is one of the worst celebrations I have ever seen.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »

Yulia Tymoshenko is now in critical condition in intensive care, doctors are fighting for her life. She was diagnosed with COVID-19 two days ago
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2020, 05:20:49 PM »

I bet the SOTP won't get even 3% in the next election in 2024. There is no ideology in this party, and there have been so many scandals in recent months that it is difficult to count. People are very quickly disappointed in it.

OPFL can reach 30%. I think this is the biggest number they can get. The days when pro-Russian parties could get more than 50% are long gone
To say that SOTP can collapse so quickly is wishful thinking, considering how much backing they have in the media. Unless 1+1 is somehow shut down or loses all credibility in Ukraine, then there’s very little chance it fully loses all of their seats in the next election. However, the election after that and the building political fallout could finally end their presence in parliament.

Is there any chance that if SOTP fails to garner a majority, will they form a coalition government with OPFL? Has anyone hinted at a possibility for it to happen or not?

😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2020, 03:52:12 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2020, 11:22:43 AM by АndriуValeriovich (Жыве Беларусь!) »

To say that SOTP can collapse so quickly is wishful thinking, considering how much backing they have in the media. Unless 1+1 is somehow shut down or loses all credibility in Ukraine, then there’s very little chance it fully loses all of their seats in the next election. However, the election after that and the building political fallout could finally end their presence in parliament.

Is there any chance that if SOTP fails to garner a majority, will they form a coalition government with OPFL? Has anyone hinted at a possibility for it to happen or not?

The SOTP rating will collapse. In fact, there have been so many scandals in the party in the last few months that they cannot be hidden (I can tell you about it if you are interested). People are disappointed and it shows.

As for "1+1", Kolomoisky's channels no longer praise Zelensky. The attitude is completely neutral. This can be explained by the fact that Zelensky is no longer under Kolomoisky's control, he is still very loyal to him, but Akhmetov is in charge of Zelensky. Pro-Kolomoisky Prime Minister Goncharuk was replaced by Akhmetov's right-hand man, Shmygal. Kolomoisky's right-hand man, the head of the President's Office, Bogdan, was replaced by pro-Akhmetov Ermak.

Following Kravchuk's appointment to the Tripartite Contact Group in Minsk, Ukraine's L/DPR policy has become completely pro-Russian. Zelensky's team wants to hold elections in the occupied territories, which will be held under the control of terrorists. And several prominent members of the SOTP have already stated that Donbass should be autonomous, and the Russian language should acquire a special status.

Many Ukrainian experts expect that after the local elections, an SOTP-OPLF coalition will be formed in almost all local councils. There are rumors that Zelensky is going to dissolve the Verkhovna Rada early next year so that the pro-Ukrainian MPs who remained in the SOTP do not go to parliament again, and the new SOTP-OPLF coalition worked entirely on the Russian scenario.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »

Today Zelensky went on a working trip to the Dnipro (city). Zelensky's bodyguards broke the ribs of one of the people who was going to ask Zelensky questions about local problems. These were not opposition journalists, but ordinary people from the Dnipro.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »

Yes Andriy, I’m very interested in hearing how badly Zelenskiy and his merry band are f•••ing up.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2020, 04:59:03 PM »

Today Zelensky went on a working trip to the Dnipro (city). Zelensky's bodyguards broke the ribs of one of the people who was going to ask Zelensky questions about local problems. These were not opposition journalists, but ordinary people from the Dnipro.

That actually reminds me of a similar incident with Erdogan's bodyguards. It was certainly appalling.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2020, 04:34:27 AM »

Okay, let's start

2019 - June 2020 (main scandals)

August 19, 2019 - MP Maksym Buzhansky (SOTP) called the journalist a "dumb sheep" and hit her

August 29, 2019 - Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee Mykhailo Radutsky (SOTP) in correspondence called the Minister "his protege" and wrote that Zelensky would not dare to appoint someone else, especially since he was paid

October 23, 2019 - former MP, former general director of "1+1", and now Minister of Culture Oleksandr Tkachenko (SOTP) hid his elite house. The cost is estimated at about 5-10 million dollars

October 29, 2019 - Chairman of the Committee Bohdan Yaremenko (SOTP) ordered prostitutes in the Verkhovna Rada Hall

November 2019 - Minister of Ecomony Tymofiy Milovanov (SOTP) said that "books are read only by morons"

November 11, 2019 - Journalists found among the property of MP Olexandr Dubinsky (SOTP) found 24 apartments and 17 cars. When explained where he took the money to buy them, Dubinsky replied: "It's just that my mother loves speed."

November 18, 2019 - People's Deputy Yuri Koryavchenkov (SOTP) writes in correspondence that he controls the entire police of the Dnipro region

October 23, 2019 - Vice Speaker Ruslan Stefanchuk (SOTP) received state compensation for renting an apartment, although he actually lived in his mother-in-law's apartment

December 3, 2019 - MP Roman Ivanisov (SOTP) was previously convicted of rape (he continues to work in Parliament)

December 12, 2019 - Zelensky accused 3 people of killing journalist Sheremet without trial or even an unfinished investigation (they were later found not guilty)

January 2, 2020 - Committee Chairwoman Halyna Tretyakova (SOTP) said that pensioners from the occupied territories have a full right to receive a pension in Ukraine (original: "Pensioners with a Russian passport, if they come to Ukraine, have a full right to receive a pension")

January 22, 2020 - SOTP faction leader David Arahamiya said that Ukraine does not need to change legislation and integrate into the EU

January 25, 2020 - MP Eugene Bragar (SOTP) offered a pensioner to sell a dog to pay for utilities

February 11, 2020 - SOTP faction leader David Arahamiya said that Ukraine should let water into Crimea if Russia stops firing on Donbass

February 14, 2020 - MP Yuri Kamelchuk (SOTP) proposed to conclude a contract with Russia on water supply to the Crimea

March 2020 - Committee Chairman Mykhailo Radutsky (SOTP) sold all medical masks from state warehouses to Spain after a ban on the export of masks from the country

April 28, 2020 - MP Mykola Tyshchenko's restaurant (SOTP) was open despite the quarantine and ban on deputies having their own business

Spring 2020 - People's Deputy Geo Leros (SOTP) published Yermak's films, which clearly show that the brother of the head of the Office of the President Andriy Yermak is selling various positions in the Cabinet and other government agencies. (No criminal case was initiated against Ermak, but 6 criminal cases were initiated against Geo Leros, including disclosure of a state secret)

June 2020 - present

June 3 - mice ate 2,700 wagons of grain from the state reserve. The amount of losses amounted to about 1 billion hryvnias. (Official explanation: grain eaten by mice)

June 8 - Zelensky violated the quarantine by entering the store without a mask

June 15 - authorities impose a fine for insulting Zelensky in a public place

June 2020 - against a well-known public figure, who called Zelensky a moron, a lawsuit is filed for disclosing a state secret

June 17 - Minister of Culture Oleksandr Tkachenko (SOTP) could not answer the question of which book he last read

June 20 - Zelensky hid the property in his declaration

June 22 - Zelensky recorded a video calling truckers "assholes". The video clearly showed a sharp change in the President's emotions and moods, which may indicate alcohol/drug intoxication.

June 23 - SOTP leader Oleksandr Kornienko and SOTP fraction leader David Arahamiya talk, forgetting to turn off the microphone. Kornienko calls one of the deputies a "working woman" and a "ship's pine" (sexism). They both discuss that Zelensky appoints women to office only if he likes the woman's appearance. (Apology from Kornienko was 3 days later; the party said it was a normal male conversation)

June 24 - Verkhovna Rada Committee Chairwoman Halyna Tretyakova (SOTP) proposes to castrate the unemployed and says that poor families give birth to "very low quality" children who are redundant in a "normal" society. (There was no apology, the party said it was a perfectly normal opinion)

June 25 - Scarlett, who plagiarized all his scientific works, is appointed Minister of Education

June 29 - On the occasion of Constitution Day, Zelensky awarded his former show business colleagues state awards

July 1 - Chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine Yakiv Smoliy resigns due to systematic political pressure from the President's Office

July 2 - MP Alexander Dubinsky (SOTP) uses obscene language on the air "1+1"

July 7 - MP Irina Vereshchuk (SOTP) spread several Russian fakes on "ICTV"

July 8 - Zelensky's team introduces a tax for small farmers, explaining that large businesses have suffered greatly during quarantine, so they need help.

July 8 - Zelensky refuses to call Russia an aggressor

July 10 - Zelensky stated that there are many problems and failures in Ukraine only because now is a leap year

July 11 - Zelensky moved to the state cottage. During the election campaign, he promised to give this cottage to children

July 12 - The State Bureau of Investigation opens a case against Poroshenko for creating an autocephalous church in Ukraine

July 13 - Zelensky's team calls Volyn region Lutsk (There is a Volynska oblast, but capital of the oblast is Lutsk) (geographical names are a very weak point of their team)

July 14 - A group of deputies from SOTP hid property in their declarations

July 15 - Zelensky again refused to call Russia an aggressor, says the mythical "that side"

July 16 - Zelensky appoints his neighbor in Italy as the new chairman of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine

July 19 - Zelensky's team reduces the number of districts from 490 to 136. It is expected that more than 1 million civil servants, teachers, doctors, judges, etc. will be reduced.

July 20 - Committee Chairman Halyna Tretyakova (SOTP) demands to raise MP's salaries, says otherwise she will not work

July 2020 - A soldier died at the front, wounded and lying on the demarcation line for 4 days without food, water and at a temperature of 40° Celsius. Zelensky had previously taken the case under personal control and promised his family that this soldier would return alive.

August 7 - Prime Minister Schmygal denies budget shortfall, but says 300 billion deficit

August 15 - Zelensky violated the quarantine for the third time, entering the store without a mask, where he began to hug visitors

August 22 - During a visit to the Mykolaiv region first half of day Zelensky played basketball against a local team, and then in restaurant met the Belarusian artist whom then awarded a state award

August 24 - At the Independence Day celebration, Zelensky stomped his feet on the flag of Ukraine (in Ukraine this is the lowest humiliation for the state; it is prosecuted by the Criminal Code). In addition, Zelensky's team organized a concert where half-naked Ukrainian show business sang songs, including Russian-language ones. It later emerged that the President's Office, which was hosting the celebration, did not even obtain permission from the authors of these songs to perform them.

Zelensky also told the military in his speech that "they are preventing him from building a new country."

August 26 - One of the football matches was delayed for an hour so that Zelensky would hit the ball first

Of course, I forgot something. These are the main scandals that I remember, maybe I was wrong somewhere in the dates. There have been far fewer scandals with SOTP MPs in the last month, as the Verkhovna Rada is on vacation.

It is also worth remembering Zelensky's past statements:
1. "It's very easy to end the war, you just have to stop firing."
2. "I have already finished the war in my head"
3. "I don't have time to think strategically"
4. "I looked into Putin's eyes and saw a desire for peace there."
5. "I don't owe you anything" (to voters)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2020, 07:29:38 AM »

So......pretty much business as usual for Ukraine then?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2020, 07:38:52 AM »

So......pretty much business as usual for Ukraine then?
What do you call a "business"?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2020, 08:20:00 AM »

Its an English language idiom ("business as usual" = "things much the same as before")
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies