Ukraine general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:59:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ukraine general discussion  (Read 11410 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2020, 02:02:34 AM »

Because 60-70% Ukrainians sometimes turn into phenomenally  stupid people, believing cheap populist promises. Zelensky is our downgraded copy of Donald Trump. And despite all of this he still has 40% approval(We are multiparty  country, so that's a big number). My hope is that by next spring he collapses entirely. Thankfully,  he already lost half of his support.
While it does appear a lot of the population is lukewarm about Zelensky (37% rate his performance as merely "satisfactory"), he is also considered trustworthy by a 20 point margin. Additionally, being close to 40% in the first round is a very good position for him to be in considering that he likely would consolidate Timoshenko's support and the support of others in a runoff with Poroshenko.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2020, 02:09:55 AM »

Because 60-70% Ukrainians sometimes turn into phenomenally  stupid people, believing cheap populist promises. Zelensky is our downgraded copy of Donald Trump. And despite all of this he still has 40% approval(We are multiparty  country, so that's a big number). My hope is that by next spring he collapses entirely. Thankfully,  he already lost half of his support.
While it does appear a lot of the population is lukewarm about Zelensky (37% rate his performance as merely "satisfactory"), he is also considered trustworthy by a 20 point margin. Additionally, being close to 40% in the first round is a very good position for him to be in considering that he likely would consolidate Timoshenko's support and the support of others in a runoff with Poroshenko.

He probably won't be a prez by 1st of August 2021. I am calling on him to resign and there would be a snap Presidential election next summer. His support shrank  from 71% to 37% in just 1 year. By May 2021 it would be probably 15-20%. And being trustworthy in Ukrainian  politics means almost nothing, lol. Yanukovich  wasn't  considered more trustworthy than Tymoshenko  in 2010, yet he still won by 6 point margin
Atmosphere  is heating up at frightening rate here since 2019 elections. Mainly because Zelensky is an epic failure, weakwilled person and a puppet of oligarchs.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2020, 03:17:54 AM »

Unfortunately, most Ukrainians are very easy to manipulate. And the central TV channels create such an atmosphere that all of Zelensky's failures occur through PM Shmygal, the Verkhovna Rada or even Poroshenko. Although Zelensky has absolute power over all institutions in the country, people do not understand or do not want to understand. And for about 30% Poroshenko remains "a bastard, a marauder who profits from the war" because of a very successful media company ZE!

And my prediction: if snap elections were held now, Zelensky would win over all candidates
Zelensky 64%
Poroshenko 36%

If snap elections were held a year later, Zelensky would lose to almost all candidates
Poroshenko 57%
Zelensky 43%

And now I am looking forward to the return of Oleg Lyashko to the Verkhovna Rada (on October 25 will be snap elections in the district in Chernihiv region, whose MP Davydenko was killed)
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2020, 03:45:35 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2020, 03:49:14 AM by UkrainianRepublican »

Unfortunately, most Ukrainians are very easy to manipulate. And the central TV channels create such an atmosphere that all of Zelensky's failures occur through PM Shmygal, the Verkhovna Rada or even Poroshenko. Although Zelensky has absolute power over all institutions in the country, people do not understand or do not want to understand. And for about 30% Poroshenko remains "a bastard, a marauder who profits from the war" because of a very successful media company ZE!

And my prediction: if snap elections were held now, Zelensky would win over all candidates
Zelensky 64%
Poroshenko 36%

If snap elections were held a year later, Zelensky would lose to almost all candidates
Poroshenko 57%
Zelensky 43%

And now I am looking forward to the return of Oleg Lyashko to the Verkhovna Rada (on October 25 will be snap elections in the district in Chernihiv region, whose MP Davydenko was killed)
Lyashko? I am grabbing popcorn and prepared to see cows and pitchforks again in Rada Cheesy
Seriously speaking, this can be a good news, as Lyashko would bite off another 5-6% of support for Zelensky.
And he is kinda "charismatic"  Sunglasses
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2020, 04:08:58 PM »

Doubt about Poroshenko's future. He is still the most unpopular politician in the Country, sure, he has like 10-15% of hard supporters, but that's not enough for glorious return.

Also there are a lot of opened cases against him, though i've heard some of them were close recently. Some of them about corruption, one about his appointment of Russian citizen as Deputy Head of Foreign Intelligence, etc.
I can't  post any links, but rn his approval is 18% and climbing up. I think he will reach 30% by next year's  summer, and 30% means that he would be certainly electable. Atleast he will manage to go into 2nd  round. Currently, there alot of people being disillusioned by Ze. Each day this number will grow.

Most of the cases opened aganist him  is a blatant fraud. Even Ze's  appointed judges refuse to work with those cases often.

P.S. Я уверен, что если в следующем  году будут внеочередные, и во второй тур выйдут Порох и Бойко, то Порох сможет повторить Гровера  Кливленда.

Но с тем, что происходит в мире, до этого надо еще дожить как-то, хе-хе.....

18% is not much. Wasn't his approval rating around the same before 2019 election?

Yeah, in some time Zelensky will be as unpopular as Poroshenko during his presidency. But no way Petr will be his main opponent, people still remember his term, i predict another centrist-populist will emerge and crush Zelensky
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »

Doubt about Poroshenko's future. He is still the most unpopular politician in the Country, sure, he has like 10-15% of hard supporters, but that's not enough for glorious return.

Also there are a lot of opened cases against him, though i've heard some of them were close recently. Some of them about corruption, one about his appointment of Russian citizen as Deputy Head of Foreign Intelligence, etc.
I can't  post any links, but rn his approval is 18% and climbing up. I think he will reach 30% by next year's  summer, and 30% means that he would be certainly electable. Atleast he will manage to go into 2nd  round. Currently, there alot of people being disillusioned by Ze. Each day this number will grow.

Most of the cases opened aganist him  is a blatant fraud. Even Ze's  appointed judges refuse to work with those cases often.

P.S. Я уверен, что если в следующем  году будут внеочередные, и во второй тур выйдут Порох и Бойко, то Порох сможет повторить Гровера  Кливленда.

18% is not much. Wasn't his approval rating around the same before 2019 election?

Yeah, in some time Zelensky will be as unpopular as Poroshenko during his presidency. But no way Petr will be his main opponent, people still remember his term, i predict another centrist-populist will emerge and crush Zelensky
In 5 years, Ukraine will undergo a massive reassessment of Poroshenko's contributions to the development of Ukrainian statehood, and after people are totally disappointed in Zelensky, Petro will look like a real leader in the eyes of Ukrainians.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »

In 5 years, Ukraine will undergo a massive reassessment of Poroshenko's contributions to the development of Ukrainian statehood, and after people are totally disappointed in Zelensky, Petro will look like a real leader in the eyes of Ukrainians.
I honestly don’t see that happening. It seems that pro-Russian Oligarchs will get the better hand on convincing voters that the turn to the NATO and EU was a horrible idea, and leads to a sort of neutral approach that balances Ukraine’s foreign policy once the Opposition Platform rises in the polls. That, or the anti-Russian oligarchs double down and shifts the country’s media to maximum coping through some closet neofascist movement some time in the next few cycles. Similar to the QAnon stuff over here.

Poroshenko’s time is done in Ukrainian politics, it’s been done since he lost the election to a professional comedian with no idea how to run a country.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »

Glad to see SOTP imploding

Who woulda thought an inexperienced comedian would be an awful President.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2020, 07:54:28 PM »

The Ukrainian people were subjugated to so much stress and lies, especially since 2014, that they were willing to accept anything that was going to bring change for the sake of change. They didn’t have the comfort or know how from such stress to accurately reflect on just how much of a clown show things actually were.

The people themselves were fooled into supporting an incompetent oligarchic puppet that said what sounded nice over the various sullied, more predictable oligarchic puppets. So no, I can’t see why anyone should blame the voters and not the people and institutions that brought the Ukrainian people here.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »

The Ukrainian people were subjugated to so much stress and lies, especially since 2014, that they were willing to accept anything that was going to bring change for the sake of change. They didn’t have the comfort or know how from such stress to accurately reflect on just how much of a clown show things actually were.

The people themselves were fooled into supporting an incompetent oligarchic puppet that said what sounded nice over the various sullied, more predictable oligarchic puppets. So no, I can’t see why anyone should blame the voters and not the people and institutions that brought the Ukrainian people here.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just commenting on the ineptness of SOTP.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just commenting on the ineptness of SOTP.
I mean the sarcastic connotations of “who woulda thought” does sounds like a bit like you blaming the voters tbh.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 02:48:16 AM »

PSOL, unfortunately, I can not agree with you. Ukrainian voters are most to blame for Zelensky becoming president.

People either did not want to or could not (in most cases not know how) to analyze the situation. During the campaign, Zelensky made many, many odious statements, after which normal, intelligent voters would never have voted for him, but Ukrainians did not want to see Poroshenko's achievements and allowed Kolomoisky's TV channels to manipulate them.

This picture best illustrates the presidential election:

Where Poroshenko is slowly building a ladder:
1. Army
2. Faith
3. Language
4. Tomos
5. Decentralization
and more

And Zelensky easily ascended the throne thanks to TV channels
"News One"
"1 + 1"
"Ours"
"112 Ukraine"
"Inter"

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »

PSOL, unfortunately, I can not agree with you. Ukrainian voters are most to blame for Zelensky becoming president.

People either did not want to or could not (in most cases not know how) to analyze the situation. During the campaign, Zelensky made many, many odious statements, after which normal, intelligent voters would never have voted for him, but Ukrainians did not want to see Poroshenko's achievements and allowed Kolomoisky's TV channels to manipulate them.

1. Army
2. Faith
3. Language
4. Tomos
5. Decentralization
and more

"News One"
"1 + 1"
"Ours"
"112 Ukraine"
"Inter"

This just strengthens my argument. Zelenskiy had an entire news channel acting as a mouthpiece in blasting good PR about him, along with stations being more favorable to him than the other candidates. Why then are you blaming the Ukrainian people, whose only sources of news are clearly biased, and not the oligarchs owning the vast majority of news programs in Ukraine feeding a clown’s campaign?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2020, 02:54:37 PM »

1. Army
2. Faith
3. Language
4. Tomos
5. Decentralization
and more

"News One"
"1 + 1"
"Ours"
"112 Ukraine"
"Inter"

This just strengthens my argument. Zelenskiy had an entire news channel acting as a mouthpiece in blasting good PR about him, along with stations being more favorable to him than the other candidates. Why then are you blaming the Ukrainian people, whose only sources of news are clearly biased, and not the oligarchs owning the vast majority of news programs in Ukraine feeding a clown’s campaign?

Because most voters simply could not (didn't want) analyze the information for 2014-2019. Of course, the media plays a significant role in almost all election campaigns, but people must have their own opinion and be willing to analyze all the information, and not believe the story "1+1" that Poroshenko killed his brother. By the way, the newly appointed Minister of Culture Oleksandr Tkachenko (SOTP), the former general director of "1+1", said that the story of Poroshenko's brother's murder was his bad joke.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2020, 02:47:56 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2020, 03:38:12 AM by kelestian »

Uh, come on, guys. Zelensky is awful president, but Poroshenko wasn't Lee Kuan Yew either, just another corrupt east european politician. And he has TV support before 2019 election as well: "1+1" was pro-Zelensky, but Fifth Channel and Pryamoi were very pro-Poroshenko. Pinchuk's and Achmetov's channels were neutral.

New SMC polling research, by the way.
https://smc.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/2020-06-22-PR.pdf

For the first time in my memory Zelensky has negative approval ratings
Approve/Disapprove
41.3/50.2%

Voting intentions
SOTP 30.5%
Opposition Party "For Life" 18.6%
European Solidarity 12%
Fatherland 9.7%
Others less than 5%.

European Solidarity (party of Poroshenko) now leads in West Ukraine, OP (pro-russian) leads in Donbass and is near-second with SOTP in East and South. SOTP with comfortable lead in Central Ukraine, European Solidarity, OP, and Fatherland all around 10%
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »

Yeah, Zelensky sucks at all, but this Poroshenko nostalgy reminds me of middle- and upper-class Brazilians complaining about Dilma's incompetence and corruption (which was certainly justified) and then rallying behind Bolsonaro.

IMO, Poroshenko was/is just as bad, just in different ways. Take a look at that caricature: army, faith, language, tomos - I sort of get where that is coming from, but that's not how you build a free, democratic, sort-of-first-world country, instead of Putinist Russia. And that's before we get into corruption and a million other issues.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »

Uh, come on, guys. Zelensky is awful president, but Poroshenko wasn't Lee Kuan Yew either, just another corrupt east european politician. And he has TV support before 2019 election as well: "1+1" was pro-Zelensky, but Fifth Channel and Pryamoi were very pro-Poroshenko. Pinchuk's and Achmetov's channels were neutral.

Approve/Disapprove
41.3/50.2%

Voting intentions
SOTP 30.5%
European Solidarity 12%
Fatherland 9.7%
Others less than 5%.

European Solidarity (party of Poroshenko) now leads in West Ukraine, OP (pro-russian) leads in Donbass and is near-second with SOTP in East and South. SOTP with comfortable lead in Central Ukraine, European Solidarity, OP, and Fatherland all around 10%

Imagine saying that Poroshenko is corrupt, while his net worth shrank  by 40% comparing to 2014. Guy literally gave away millions to Army, for example, buying AA defense assets  around Kyiv in 2014.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2020, 02:06:11 PM »

Approve/Disapprove
41.3/50.2%

Voting intentions
SOTP 30.5%
European Solidarity 12%
Fatherland 9.7%
Others less than 5%.

Imagine saying that Poroshenko is corrupt, while his net worth shrank  by 40% comparing to 2014. Guy literally gave away millions to Army, for example, buying AA defense assets  around Kyiv in 2014.
All Ukrainian oligarchs lost huge amounts of their net worth after EuroMaidan, that doesn’t mean anything really. And him investing in protecting his remaining assets isn’t exactly altruistic of him either.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2020, 02:23:17 PM »

Approve/Disapprove
41.3/50.2%

Voting intentions
SOTP 30.5%
European Solidarity 12%
Fatherland 9.7%
Others less than 5%.

All Ukrainian oligarchs lost huge amounts of their net worth after EuroMaidan, that doesn’t mean anything really. And him investing in protecting his remaining assets isn’t exactly altruistic of him either.

Let me disagree with you again, yes, all Ukrainian oligarchs suffered losses after the EuroMaidan, but most of them quickly regained their positions (especially after 2019). At the same time, Poroshenko was an altruistic volunteer who helped the army a lot.

And, at least under Poroshenko, the poor did not become poorer, but only increased their wealth, the middle class also became quite rich, and the rich remained exactly where they were

My grandfather, who was quite poor before 2014, received a pension of $170 in 2014, but at the end of 2019 he was already receiving $380 a month. And literally for a year of savings (2017-2018) he was able to buy a new car
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2020, 06:00:34 AM »

An extraordinary sitting of the Verkhovna Rada is starting now, at which the issue of the resignation of the Chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine Yakov Smoliy will be considered. Smoliy resigned yesterday due to political pressure from Zelensky. Smoliy refused to start the emission process, which Zelensky insisted on
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2020, 08:39:53 AM »

The Rada passed a law that residents of the LPR / DPR will be able to enter higher education institutions in Ukraine without passing exams without queuing and study at public expense. I absolutely do not support this decision. Now children who hate Ukraine, who trampled on the Ukrainian flag and kicked patriots, following the example of their parents, who have a DNR passport and probably Russia, who may have fought against Ukraine (there is a recent example), have more rights than children of soldiers ATO/JFO than children who are true patriots. Now children from LDNR and Crimea, who would not pass the exams at all, will go to university at public expense, and children - winners of the All-Ukrainian Olympiads must study at their own expense, because their place was taken by first. Thank you to "EU" and "Voice" for voting against! All others voted for.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2020, 05:01:34 AM »

The Rada passed a law that residents of the LPR / DPR will be able to enter higher education institutions in Ukraine without passing exams without queuing and study at public expense. I absolutely do not support this decision. Now children who hate Ukraine, who trampled on the Ukrainian flag and kicked patriots, following the example of their parents, who have a DNR passport and probably Russia, who may have fought against Ukraine (there is a recent example), have more rights than children of soldiers ATO/JFO than children who are true patriots. Now children from LDNR and Crimea, who would not pass the exams at all, will go to university at public expense, and children - winners of the All-Ukrainian Olympiads must study at their own expense, because their place was taken by first. Thank you to "EU" and "Voice" for voting against! All others voted for.

Children of soldiers have privileges during universities admission. As for this measure - i think great move from government. Demographic situation in Ukraine is terrible, and Country needs young people from LDNR.

Approve/Disapprove
41.3/50.2%

Voting intentions
SOTP 30.5%
European Solidarity 12%
Fatherland 9.7%
Others less than 5%.

Not sure about this AA defense story, all the details so far came only from Poroshenko's camp. Need some collaboration of the story.

But if we are talking about military, just two obvious examples of Poroshenko's corruption.

1) Gurza-class boats
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurza-class_boat
Ineffectual project, ships are completely useless - even for this class. But still were built in mass... at Poroshenko's shipyard Leninska Kuznya. At the same time US gave Ukraine perfect ships of the same class ("Island" boats), but Ukraine haven't taken it up until Zelensky and was making Gurzas.

2) Ambulance "Bogdan-2251"
https://uk.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD-2251
Basicallt, bad clone of chinese car made on Poroshenko's "Bogdan" factory. But problem is bigger.
Ukrainian Military desperately needed ATV ambulances, but surprise-surprise, MoD bought 100+ Bogdans instead, which are not ATV at all, are badly planned for military ambulance and of poor quality.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2020, 08:12:28 AM »

Children of soldiers have privileges during universities admission. As for this measure - i think great move from government. Demographic situation in Ukraine is terrible, and Country needs young people from LDNR.
Why does Ukraine need people from the LDPR who hate Ukraine and all Ukrainian, who want this state not to exist? People who are patriots have long ago left these territories, so it is not necessarily to talk about the patriots of Ukraine in LDPR

And about Poroshenko's corruption. He was corrupt, but he wasn't as corrupt as Zelensky and Tymoshenko. And Poroshenko is, easily, the least corrupt politician in Ukraine
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2020, 09:09:39 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2020, 12:49:31 PM by kelestian »

Why does Ukraine need people from the LDPR who hate Ukraine and all Ukrainian, who want this state not to exist? People who are patriots have long ago left these territories, so it is not necessarily to talk about the patriots of Ukraine in LDPR

And about Poroshenko's corruption. He was corrupt, but he wasn't as corrupt as Zelensky and Tymoshenko. And Poroshenko is, easily, the least corrupt politician in Ukraine

Young people from LDNR who want to study in Ukraine aren't anti-ukrainian (bar russian Intelligence agents). They want to build their future in this country. And no, not all people who stayed in Donetsk are separatists, you know, its difficult to left everything behind and move to Kiyv/Lviv. I know stories when people left Donbass in 2014 but returned later, simply because they can't afford house/find work in other regions.

Anyway, we are 3 monthes from local elections. I looked out for  some polls.

Kyiv: polls are all over the place, but it looks like incumbent Klichko has good chances to win in mayoral election. Before the end of July we will know who will be SOTP's candidate, this person will probably be main opponent of Klichko. Also there is bussinessman Palchevsky, but i have feeling polls with him as main opponent of incumbent are completely made up.

Lviv: looks like incumbent mayor Sadovy will win. European Solidarity (Poroshenko) is strong here, but on personal level their candidate Sinyutka (former governor) is kinda weak.

Kharkiv: nothing to see here, incumbent Kernes is unbeatable. As for the city council, there is three way race between SOTP, Kernes party and Opposition Party For Life.

Dnipro: best city for SOTP in the whole country? Looks like SOTP candidate, MP Buzhanskiy, is winning in the second tour against incumbent Filatov. Filatov was Kolomoiskiy's man, but now he cut his connections to former boss. Buzhanskiy IS Kolomoiskiy's man.

Odessa: nothing to see. Current mayor Trukhanov will be reelected. As for the city council, three way race between SOTP, OPFL, Trukhanov's party.

Nikolaev: three way race between incumbent Senkevich, OPFL candidate Buryak and Ihor Dmitriev (former Opposition Block, now don't know). In second round, Senkevich loses to both. City Council: two-way race between SOTP and OPFL.

Kherson: former mayor Saldo (2002-2012) leads by far. City council: three-way race between SOTP, OPFL, Saldo's party.

Overall, I'm surprised by incredibly weak SOTP's branch in mayoral races. They still leads in party polls in most regions, but struggling to recruit strong candidates.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »

In Syria, pensions and payments to government employees were still ongoing even after being taken over by the myriad of groups in the Civil War. It’s about not relinquishing the view that that territory, along with its people, is still Ukrainian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies