Ukraine general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:21:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ukraine general discussion  (Read 11270 times)
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »

I do not blame you in any way. I fully understand and acknowledge that Crimea is unlikely to return to Ukrainian control for at least the next 50 years

Yeah, that's the most likely scenario for the next 50 years or so. I mean in a 100 years who knows, maybe China is the leader of the world or maybe they fail and get relegated on the world stage, no way we can really know...

I did want to ask you about the situation in East Ukraine, as finding objective English news on that is not very easy. I can read a bit of Russian/Ukrainian but it's too much of a strain for me to get through a complex article.

Are there any talks in progress or ceasefires? It's unlikely they'll manage to secede, so I'm more interested if there are any semi-autonomous province options on the table etc.

I watched a lot of heavy stuff but nothing hit me like that GoPro video of the Ukranian squad that got KIA and then the Separatists found his phone and called back his mother... You probably know what I mean.

Very sad conflict all around, even worse considering it's 2 practically blood identical groups killing each other.

Well, the first thing I can say about DPR and LPR is that they are not needed by anyone. If this territory was needed by Russia, it would be in its composition for a long time. All resources and even factories and strategic objects have long been exported to Russia. In my opinion, Ukraine also does not need this territory. I personally do not want to pay taxes for the restoration of the Donbass infrastructure after which that territory in 20-30 years will be separated again. A lot needs to be restored, as the infrastructure is destroyed and the fields are mined. It will take billions of dollars and many years.

I have many acquaintances originally from Donetsk and Luhansk and some of their relatives stayed there. Because of their feedback, I have to say that the DPR\LPR will never return to Ukraine in most cases. Children are brought up in the style of "Ukrainian-enemies, they must be killed". Older people get a pension in Ukraine and then help the militants to mock Ukrainian soldiers. Of course, a lot of people are dissatisfied with the situation there, but the vast majority of the population there want to Russia, not Ukraine

Now in the East attacks continue, despite the next truce. The negotiation process is ongoing. On average, militants break the silence mode 10-15 times a day. Every 3-4 days we have one person killed and one person injured every day. Often, our military is forbidden to open fire in response to shelling by invaders. At the expense of autonomy, I doubt it. 99% that there will be no autonomy. Only a part of the Servant of the People, who are directly under the influence of Kolomoisky, and OPFL favor autonomy in Ukrainian politics.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2020, 05:32:27 AM »

I do not blame you in any way. I fully understand and acknowledge that Crimea is unlikely to return to Ukrainian control for at least the next 50 years

Are there any talks in progress or ceasefires? It's unlikely they'll manage to secede, so I'm more interested if there are any semi-autonomous province options on the table etc.

There is some muse about potential small success in talks, because of new man in charge of Ukrainian politics in Russia (Kozak) and main Ukrainian negotiator's (Yermak) flexibility. However, opposing sides are too different to agree on something big anyway, so the most we can expect is more prisoners exchange and a stable ceasefire.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 03:24:09 AM »

Our government is totally incompetent. Ukraine is absolutely not ready for a pandemic.

At present, there are 3500 artificial lung ventilation devices in Ukraine, no one plans to expand their number. Zelensky promised to bring 10 million coronavirus tests from China, and now only 250 thousand rapid tests have been brought. Doctors do not test for coronavirus. In my hometown, a woman came to the hospital after visiting Italy with a dry cough and fever and was sent home because there were no tests on the ground.

Yesterday the President's Office ordered the heads of regional state administrations not to inform the population about the number of patients without approval of the President's Office. The main task set by governors is to reduce panic among the population. For 2 days no one has been reporting a new number of patients.

2 factories that were producing drugs and were already ready to produce coronavirus tests were quarantined.

It is the worst and most inefficient government in Ukrainian history. He is the worst and most ineffective President in the history of Ukraine
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2020, 10:48:20 PM by PSOL »

Our government is totally incompetent. Ukraine is absolutely not ready for a pandemic.

At present, there are 3500 artificial lung ventilation devices in Ukraine, no one plans to expand their number. Zelensky promised to bring 10 million coronavirus tests from China, and now only 250 thousand rapid tests have been brought. Doctors do not test for coronavirus. In my hometown, a woman came to the hospital after visiting Italy with a dry cough and fever and was sent home because there were no tests on the ground.

Yesterday the President's Office ordered the heads of regional state administrations not to inform the population about the number of patients without approval of the President's Office. The main task set by governors is to reduce panic among the population. For 2 days no one has been reporting a new number of patients.

2 factories that were producing drugs and were already ready to produce coronavirus tests were quarantined.

It is the worst and most inefficient government in Ukrainian history. He is the worst and most ineffective President in the history of Ukraine
I think it’s high time Ukraine establishes diplomatic relations with Cuba, ijust for the help their medical services can bring to the understaffed Ukrainian health service.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 09:01:25 AM »

On the bright side, still better than Belorussian reaction to the pandemic
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:06 AM »

Tell us more......
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 11:28:13 AM »

Tell us more......

Lukashenko is kinda coronavirus denialist
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/03/16/belarussian-leader-proposes-tractor-therapy-for-coronavirus-a69644
and has arrested journalist who critisized government response
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2020, 01:09:45 PM »

Ukraine and Russia-backed separatists begin prisoner swap
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2020, 06:42:35 PM »

So how have the different political players been responding to the pandemic?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2020, 06:36:17 AM »

So how have the different political players been responding to the pandemic?
Responding to the pandemic in Ukraine of the authorities, that is, Zelensky and his team is average or bad, of course, not terrible. Although Ukraine is the anti leader in the number of tests conducted.

I am more concerned about the political aspect of the coronavirus, as political feuds over opponents and participants of the Maidan (see Tetyana Chornovol, Sofia Fedyna and Volodymyr Vyatrovich) and the concealment of corruption are now beginning.

Recently, the People's Deputy from SOTP Geo Leros released the "Ermak film", where it is seen that the brother of the Head of President's Office was selling certain positions in the government. Geo Leros prosecuted 6 cases, and no investigation was conducted against Yermak

As for the pandemic, I see almost no response from the Fatherland, while European Solidarity delivers material assistance to hospitals all over Ukraine almost daily. Sometimes Medvedchuk comes to the hospitals too
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2020, 01:24:10 PM »

Well considering that Poroshenko and his donors are rich, that’s a no brainer.

Can you tell us more of these rivalries and supposed concealments? What cracks are forming in the Maiden Veteran camp?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2020, 03:20:28 PM »

Can you tell us more of these rivalries and supposed concealments? What cracks are forming in the Maiden Veteran camp?
Maybe, I have misspelled the word. There are no quarrels at the Maidan camp, but instead the political persecution of Maidan participants and veterans of the anti-terrorist operation has begun. About two weeks ago, a former People's Deputy, one of the "symbols of the Maidan", Yanukovych's personal enemy (Yanukovych even ordered her to be killed in 2013, but that didn't happen), Tatiana Chornovol, was handed over suspicion of premeditated murder. She is accused of setting fire to the office of the Party of Regions, resulting in the death of an employee there, though previous 2 investigations have shown he returned to the office after leaving the building

Also during the quarantine, the Verkhovna Rada, at the request of Zelensky, released Attorney General Ruslan Ryaboshapka (official version: no investigation in numerous cases, unofficial version: refusal of Ryaboshapka to sign Poroshenko's suspicion). Most human rights activists and politicial activists  were categorically unable to accept this, as Iryna Venediktova (number 3 in the list of "Servant of the People", good qfriend of Portnov and Dobkin) was appointed as a Attorney General, after whose appointment the case against Poroshenko was revived and criminal proceedings against Maidan participants began

Also, according to Zelensky's personal statement last year, they opened a case against People's Deputy Sofia Fedyna, as she recorded a video with volunteer Marusya Zvirobiy, where they criticized Zelensky's trip to Donbass without camouflage and said that it would be so easy for separatists to kill him (she is charged with the threat of murder). The corruption case was brought against Volodymyr Vyatrovich (when he was the director of the Institute of National Memory, a certain amount of money (I do not remember the exact figure) was spent on organizing the Holodomor Victims Day

And about the films of Ermak:

SOTP MP Geo Leros has released films, the total duration of which is about 48 hours, clearly seen as the brother of the head of the President's Office, Andrew Ermak, sells positions in government for a certain amount of money to various people. Leros immediately wrote statements to the SBU, NABU and other law enforcement agencies, but they did not open an investigation. Instead, the SBU (that is, Venediktova) opened an investigation against Leros himself, immediately under 6 articles of the Criminal Code (there are no legal grounds for this). Zelensky did not respond to all this
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »

Maybe, I have misspelled the word. There are no quarrels at the Maidan camp, but instead the political persecution of Maidan participants and veterans of the anti-terrorist operation has begun. About two weeks ago, a former People's Deputy, one of the "symbols of the Maidan", Yanukovych's personal enemy (Yanukovych even ordered her to be killed in 2013, but that didn't happen), Tatiana Chornovol, was handed over suspicion of premeditated murder. She is accused of setting fire to the office of the Party of Regions, resulting in the death of an employee there, though previous 2 investigations have shown he returned to the office after leaving the building

Also during the quarantine, the Verkhovna Rada, at the request of Zelensky, released Attorney General Ruslan Ryaboshapka (official version: no investigation in numerous cases, unofficial version: refusal of Ryaboshapka to sign Poroshenko's suspicion). Most human rights activists and politicial activists  were categorically unable to accept this, as Iryna Venediktova (number 3 in the list of "Servant of the People", good qfriend of Portnov and Dobkin) was appointed as a Attorney General, after whose appointment the case against Poroshenko was revived and criminal proceedings against Maidan participants began

Also, according to Zelensky's personal statement last year, they opened a case against People's Deputy Sofia Fedyna, as she recorded a video with volunteer Marusya Zvirobiy, where they criticized Zelensky's trip to Donbass without camouflage and said that it would be so easy for separatists to kill him (she is charged with the threat of murder). The corruption case was brought against Volodymyr Vyatrovich (when he was the director of the Institute of National Memory, a certain amount of money (I do not remember the exact figure) was spent on organizing the Holodomor Victims Day

And about the films of Ermak:

SOTP MP Geo Leros has released films, the total duration of which is about 48 hours, clearly seen as the brother of the head of the President's Office, Andrew Ermak, sells positions in government for a certain amount of money to various people. Leros immediately wrote statements to the SBU, NABU and other law enforcement agencies, but they did not open an investigation. Instead, the SBU (that is, Venediktova) opened an investigation against Leros himself, immediately under 6 articles of the Criminal Code (there are no legal grounds for this). Zelensky did not respond to all this
So is Ihor Kolomistoy or whatever his name is consolidating control by wiping out his rivals? Sheesh, pretty ballsy to do so during a pandemic.

And I mistook what you were saying, you didn’t make any mistakes.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »

Ukraine says still far from 'all for all' prisoner swaps with Russia
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2020, 04:18:08 PM »

Ukrainian mayor defies lockdown measures
Cherkasy mayor Anatoliy Bondarenko decided to open shops, hairdressers and restaurants on April 30 after appeals from businesses.

The move comes amid signs of growing impatience in Ukraine against lockdown measures imposed in March which the authorities say have kept infection rates lower than much of Western Europe.

The government announced a partial lifting of restrictions from May 11 but has cajoled citizens and local authorities not to let their guard down in the meantime.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »

Ukrainian lawmaker Valerii Davydenko found shot dead in his office

What’s the initial conspiracy theory on this? A former official in the pre-Maidan government turned Poroshenko supporter turned independent has got to wrack up a sizable amount of enemies and drama, especially someone corrupt.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 01:52:05 AM »

Ukrainian lawmaker Valerii Davydenko found shot dead in his office

What’s the initial conspiracy theory on this? A former official in the pre-Maidan government turned Poroshenko supporter turned independent has got to wrack up a sizable amount of enemies and drama, especially someone corrupt.

This hasn't generated much buzz, he was low-level not well-known MP, not from major parties. Probably killed because of bussiness conflicts
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2020, 01:17:15 PM by UkrainianRepublican »

Two days ago Zelensky and his minions tried to uphold a court hearing on Poroshenko's case. They were( and still are) trying to blame him for mythical "State Treason", which, if we are to believe to them, happened in November 2018, when 3 Ukrainian gunboats tried to cross Kerch Strait, were attacked and afterwardly captured by Russian Navy. They claim that Poroshenko did this to "provoke war or crisis which would give grounds to suspend Civil Law and introduce Martial Law and usurp power". Those nutjobs are consistently ignoring the fact that Poroshenko itroduced Martial Law only in 8 out of 24 regions of the country, with numerous limitations and only for a month, so this won't break 2019 elections schedule. Elections were held in time without any fraud from Poroshenko.

People who are backing ES and Poroshenko gathered around the court building during this day and stood up until 19-00, when Poroshenko appeared from this building, gave a speech and told that court hearing is postponed until 1st of July. Crowd was really large, as my friend who were here told me that atleast 8-10 thousands visited protest.

IMO this all looks really awfully. Zelensky is a horrible president, ala Ukrainian version of Trump, and has no successes at all  since he took power after inauguration 13 months ago. Economy is in shambles, Ukraine's standing on international arene is damaged with long-lasting results, people are disapproving of him, he squandered all positive achievements of previous government and President, and now tries to intiate a witch hunt aganist a former President Poroshenko who is gaining popularity as Zelensky's approvals take a dive.

Zelensky is scared of Poroshenko. He sees him as an enemy who should be removed at any cost so that this "enemy" won't come to power once again or stop Zelensky and Kolomoiskiy dark business.

Overall, situation sucks. I hope that Zelenskiy would resign next year and we would have snap elections. I'll vote for Poroshenko again gladly. Atleast he has some vital achievemnts and is perfect on FP. Zelensky is just an oligarch puppet.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2020, 01:27:03 PM »

Two days ago Zelensky and his minions tried uphold a court hearing on Poroshenko's case. They were( and still are) trying to blame him for mythical "State Treason", which, if we are to believe to them, happened in November 2018, when 3 Ukrainian gunboats tried to cross Kerch Strait, were attacked and afterwardly captured by Russian Navy. They claim that Poroshenko did this to "provoke war or crisis which would give grounds to suspend Civil Law and introduce Martial Law and usurp power". Those nutjobs are consistently ignoring the fact that Poroshenko itroduced Martial Law only in 8 out of 24 regions of the country, with numerous limitations and only for a month, so this won't break 2019 elections schedule. Elections were held in time without any fraud from Poroshenko.

People who are backing ES and Poroshenko gathered around the court building during this day and stood up until 19-00, when Poroshenko appeared from this building, gave a speech and told that court hearing is postponed until 1st of July. Crowd was really large, as my friend who were here told me that atleast 8-10 thousands visited protest.

IMO this all looks really awfully. Zelensky is a horrible president, ala Ukrainian version of Trump, and has no successes at all  since he took power after inauguration 13 months ago. Economy is in shambles, Ukraine's standing on international arene is damaged with long-lasting results, people are disapproving of him, he squandered all positive achievements of previous government and President, and now tries to intiate a witch hunt aganist a former President Poroshenko who is gaining popularity as Zelensky's approvals take a dive.

Zelensky is scared of Poroshenko. He sees him as an enemy who should be removed at any cost so that this "enemy" won't come to power once again or stop Zelensky and Kolomoiskiy dark business.

Overall, situation sucks. I hope that Zelenskiy would resign next year and we would have snap elections. I'll vote for Poroshenko again gladly. Atleast he has some vital achievemnts and is perfect on FP. Zelensky is just an oligarch puppet.

Isn’t SOTP collapsing in the polls? It seems that the way things are currently going, Zelensky is going to be voted out of office. That leaves the question of who exactly is going to get elected. Opposition Platform alienates most of the country and Poroshenko and Tymoshenko are seemingly going nowhere from the info I’m getting.

Could it be possible for a coalition government of pro-EU parties (Voice, Fatherland, European Solidarity) to try and oust SOTP? Would SOTP respond by aligning with Opposition Platform?

Welcome to the Forum by the way, always nice to have more international posters fill us in on what’s going on out there. Gives some breathing room for Andriy.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »

Two days ago Zelensky and his minions tried uphold a court hearing on Poroshenko's case. They were( and still are) trying to blame him for mythical "State Treason", which, if we are to believe to them, happened in November 2018, when 3 Ukrainian gunboats tried to cross Kerch Strait, were attacked and afterwardly captured by Russian Navy. They claim that Poroshenko did this to "provoke war or crisis which would give grounds to suspend Civil Law and introduce Martial Law and usurp power". Those nutjobs are consistently ignoring the fact that Poroshenko itroduced Martial Law only in 8 out of 24 regions of the country, with numerous limitations and only for a month, so this won't break 2019 elections schedule. Elections were held in time without any fraud from Poroshenko.

Isn’t SOTP collapsing in the polls? It seems that the way things are currently going, Zelensky is going to be voted out of office. That leaves the question of who exactly is going to get elected. Opposition Platform alienates most of the country and Poroshenko and Tymoshenko are seemingly going nowhere from the info I’m getting.

Could it be possible for a coalition government of pro-EU parties (Voice, Fatherland, European Solidarity) to try and oust SOTP? Would SOTP respond by aligning with Opposition Platform?

Welcome to the Forum by the way, always nice to have more international posters fill us in on what’s going on out there. Gives some breathing room for Andriy.
SOTP is collapsing, it's already fragmented and probably won't survive until July 2021. Fortunately, ES is gaining ground rapidly, along with Poroshenko. Unfortunately, Boyko and OP are gaining ground too. Seems like we would have 2nd round setup as: Boyko(OP) vs Poroshenko(ES). Probably we would have 2 dominating parties in the foreseable future, populist OP with a rabidly pro-Russian stance, and mix of left and right wing economical ideas and ES being classical liberal party remniscent to EU center-right parties.

Fatherland and Voice would never ally with ES, as Fatherland is opposed to Poroshenko and ES on core principles. Voice is just a placeholder party which does nothing for the last 8 or so months.

Thanks you PSOL, for your greetings. I've been lurking here unathorized since late September, so I more-or-less know main posters of Atlas
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »

Doubt about Poroshenko's future. He is still the most unpopular politician in the Country, sure, he has like 10-15% of hard supporters, but that's not enough for glorious return.

Also there are a lot of opened cases against him, though i've heard some of them were close recently. Some of them about corruption, one about his appointment of Russian citizen as Deputy Head of Foreign Intelligence, etc.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:19 PM »

Doubt about Poroshenko's future. He is still the most unpopular politician in the Country, sure, he has like 10-15% of hard supporters, but that's not enough for glorious return.

Also there are a lot of opened cases against him, though i've heard some of them were close recently. Some of them about corruption, one about his appointment of Russian citizen as Deputy Head of Foreign Intelligence, etc.
I can't  post any links, but rn his approval is 18% and climbing up. I think he will reach 30% by next year's  summer, and 30% means that he would be certainly electable. Atleast he will manage to go into 2nd  round. Currently, there alot of people being disillusioned by Ze. Each day this number will grow.

Most of the cases opened aganist him  is a blatant fraud. Even Ze's  appointed judges refuse to work with those cases often.

P.S. Я уверен, что если в следующем  году будут внеочередные, и во второй тур выйдут Порох и Бойко, то Порох сможет повторить Гровера  Кливленда.

Но с тем, что происходит в мире, до этого надо еще дожить как-то, хе-хе.....

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2020, 01:42:02 AM »

Do any of the Ukrainian posters have insight into why Zelensky is so popular?

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/poll-68-of-ukrainians-approve-of-president-zelenskys-first-year.html
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2020, 01:53:15 AM »

Because 60-70% Ukrainians sometimes turn into phenomenally  stupid people, believing cheap populist promises. Zelensky is our downgraded copy of Donald Trump. And despite all of this he still has 40% approval(We are multiparty  country, so that's a big number). My hope is that by next spring he collapses entirely. Thankfully,  he already lost half of his support.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies