How well would the GOP do in Australia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:20:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  How well would the GOP do in Australia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How well would the GOP do in Australia  (Read 268 times)
EastwoodS

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 09, 2022, 03:17:47 AM »

Since people are doing these now, why not.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 03:43:50 AM »

I'll probably go into very great detail about it at some point, but the answer is "nowhere near as well as people think".

Australia is significantly more urbanised and centralised than the US is which means that a lot of the cultural conservatism in the US doesn't apply anywhere near as much. It's also far less religious, and a lot of the religious voters here aren't Anglo.

Sure there'd be places where Republicans could do well in Australia. But it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near enough to gain a majority of seats.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 07:39:34 AM »

I'll probably go into very great detail about it at some point, but the answer is "nowhere near as well as people think".

Australia is significantly more urbanised and centralised than the US is which means that a lot of the cultural conservatism in the US doesn't apply anywhere near as much. It's also far less religious, and a lot of the religious voters here aren't Anglo.

Sure there'd be places where Republicans could do well in Australia. But it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near enough to gain a majority of seats.

They ms have serious problems on guns and healthcare.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 08:57:03 AM »

Well the obvious jibe is "not right wing enough" Wink

But more sensible answers have already been provided.
EastwoodS

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 11:59:13 AM »

I don’t think anyone thinks the GOP could win more than 45% of the PV in Australia on a good night. I assume that the only red state is Queensland and maybe slight red WA?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies