King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:21:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread  (Read 12093 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: February 17, 2020, 09:48:53 AM »

King Frederick III please, I would opt to pick Mariana, but when I played as her previously I felt that I didn't have a grasp on the history that was good enough to do her service. While my knowledge of Danish history past Valdemar II isn't amazing it is better than most of my knowledge of this time!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 10:08:37 AM »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil

I can't possibly forsee anything going wrong.

Interesting to see the two major powers who would most likely come to a confrontation with the Ottomans (Spain and Austria) remain unclaimed. Spain is in a horrible position currently, and iirc Austria's position isn't amazing either.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil

I can't possibly forsee anything going wrong.

Interesting to see the two major powers who would most likely come to a confrontation with the Ottomans (Spain and Austria) remain unclaimed. Spain is in a horrible position currently, and iirc Austria's position isn't amazing either.

Personally I'd still take Austria over Spain, since the whole "dynasty dying out" stuff is pretty bad and can result in sudden game over.

Spain is 60% hopeless in the last game I was amazed on how long Charles lasted iirc 3 years.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 11:24:58 PM »

Can we get an extension till next weekend?  RL has been crazy busy

An extension to let me join in the first round would also be appreciated.

Are you guys trying to turn the first round into Iowa caucus?

(jk, nice to have you onboard, DKrol)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:52:37 PM »

I'm sorry, but I have to resign from participating.

You'll be missed I wish you good luck?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »

To be fair, we are approaching a rather unprecedented situation and it's bound to affect at least some of the players or GM's - hopefully in the least harmful possible way - even regardless of nationality, so having some flexibility regarding the game is important. After all, these are not normal circumstances by any measure.

Heck, when this game started I thought I don't think anyone realized the extent this would have. I am just happy none of the players have been too badly effected by it and no one on the forum has been either.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »

Reminder: The turn deadline is on the night of the 23rd. We still don't have most orders, so work on getting them in over the next few days!

Just to confirm, the turn ends tonight?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:53:12 PM »

Turn 2 is now closed. Some very exciting things in store!

This worries me, hopefully all of my things end good, but knowing my like I was the target of an assassination.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 01:52:17 AM »

I think everyone is overestimating their chances of dying. I think it's a very high possibility that King Frederick III (me) was the character who died not due to any plotting but due to old age as OTL he died in 1670.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 08:09:15 PM »

In the meantime, any predictions for who dies?

I still think Frederick III is one of them, but others I think will die soon if not this turn are Mariana (through Charles II, I feel confident she won't die that soon). I also feel that John George of Savoy and Ferdinand Maria are the most likely candidates for a game over at this point.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 10:17:03 PM »

I sincerely apologize for leaving you all in the dark. Due to the pandemic there was lots of coming/going in my househould, but I've finally settled in somewhat. I'll try to get the turn results up within the next few days, best case scenario being tomorrow.

Take however long you need, safety is the number one priority atm.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 11:17:20 PM »

Turn 3 prompts are up! The turn will last for one week, making the deadline for orders the night of April 18.

Requesting an extension until Monday evening

*worried Denmark noises*
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »

Is the turn over?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 12:46:54 PM »

As in two country’s orders or just one?  Also, I sent my orders as “Orders: Part I” in case I had any other things I thought of at the last minute, but it turned out not to be necessary, so my orders were all sent in last night.

There are two pairs of orders still missing. We have your orders so you don't need to worry.

So, will this be like in the past where countries that didn’t submit orders get hit with a crisis penalty?

We're still trying to figure out what to do. Sorry for the wait.

Any news on this front?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »

We don't know when we'll have the end of turn results ready, but I'm sad to report that this turn will probably be the last, at least for the time being. Too many players have left, and unless we get new players to fill those spots - which we likely won't until after this pandemic is over - the game will be put on hold. I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed my this decision (so am I), but the game can't continue to go forward without an active player base. Hopefully we'll be able to resume it once things get back to normal.

It's a shame if it ends, but the main thing for everyone is staying safe during these times of hardship.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies