King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:54:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread  (Read 12075 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 17, 2020, 10:28:54 PM »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 01:19:53 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2020, 01:27:10 PM by Michael Avenatti Will be Living Rent Free in Federal Prison »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil

I can't possibly forsee anything going wrong.

Interesting to see the two major powers who would most likely come to a confrontation with the Ottomans (Spain and Austria) remain unclaimed. Spain is in a horrible position currently, and iirc Austria's position isn't amazing either.

My reputation proceeds me Tongue  

In all seriousness though, that depends entirely upon what my plans are and what I think other players are most likely to do.  That said, I've already started toying with some fun ideas...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »

Well, I think getting Austria is more crucial than Spain at this stage.

You assume...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »

I would love to play as Austria, I've always been a Habsburg partisan at heart. Wink Purple heart

Granted! I suppose that means Dereich is now Spain. We’ll start tomorrow!

Bold hottake: some people are going to die.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 03:41:48 PM »

Can we get an extension till next weekend?  RL has been crazy busy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »

I've been extra busy lately and have let some things fall by the wayside, but I'll try to catch up and answer any outstanding messages within the next couple of days.

Gonna send my orders Saturday afternoon/Sunday night, so you got time
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 11:23:29 AM »

Can I request an extension on this turn?

Seconded
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 06:38:08 PM »

Plantagenet, I'm sorry to say that Tuscany isn't available. They're a bit too small and irrelevant, but there are some other smaller countries you could take if you insist. Portugal, Savoy, Saxony, Lorraine, and Venice are your other options if not Sweden.

I'll try to briefly explain how these games work. In the gameplay thread you'll find prompts for your nation, which you'll want to answer in your orders, which you'll PM to me. You can also include things in your orders that are not mentioned in the prompts, such as military movements and economic policies. Diplomacy is mostly done through PMs, though I think you have to have a certain number of posts (20?) to be able to send them. Other than that, there isn't much else to add. Hopefully, you'll find that it comes naturally and learn more as you go along.
Ah no worries! I always have a soft spot for the Medici in this era, and I love the dynamics of 1600s Italy. If Saxony is free, I could be up for that!

Ah, that is very different to how games are run on AH.com where I’m from.
It’ll take a bit of work to get used to this way.

Also, how does this game work? I can’t seem to find any diplomacy in the game thread so where does any negotiation happen, or even just events in your nation?

Negotiations happen more in PMs.
Very strange

You’ll see...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 06:14:25 PM »

Reminder: Unless anyone requests an extension for a specific amount of time, the turn ends at 12:00 am on the 17th. So get your final orders in by tomorrow night!

Unfortunately, I’m gonna have to drop out Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »

Reminder: Unless anyone requests an extension for a specific amount of time, the turn ends at 12:00 am on the 17th. So get your final orders in by tomorrow night!

Are you sure? It's not too late to ask for an extension, provided you are specific on how long you'd like the extension to be.

If I could get another week, then I can stay in.  It's just been a bonkers week with the Coronavirus shutting down the world Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

Are you sure? It's not too late to ask for an extension, provided you are specific on how long you'd like the extension to be.

If I could get another week, then I can stay in.  It's just been a bonkers week with the Coronavirus shutting down the world Tongue

We’re missing orders from a lot of other players too, so another week it is!
Oh come on, a week is far too excessive. Can’t we just have a 2-3 day extension?

I’m sorry, but no.  No offense, but there is a lot going on right now that I have to prioritize right now and I’d hope you can understand that. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 07:06:11 PM »

Reminder: The turn deadline is on the night of the 23rd. We still don't have most orders, so work on getting them in over the next few days!

Just to confirm, the turn ends tonight?

Yes, indeed. Those have you who haven't sent in your orders yet, get them in soon!

Can I have till 10:30 EST?  Waiting for a PM reply before finalizing.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 12:20:34 AM »

Interesting.  A game over would presumably mean an entire dynasty was KOed or taken prisoner.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 12:29:42 PM »

I think everyone is overestimating their chances of dying. I think it's a very high possibility that King Frederick III (me) was the character who died not due to any plotting but due to old age as OTL he died in 1670.

I don't think these games factor in age to chances of death Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »

In the meantime, any predictions for who dies?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 01:36:04 PM »

Well, I hoped I would be able to convince PSOL to stay in the game like I was able to with X (jdb), but it looks like that won't happen. Consequently, in an executive decision we've decided to remove all mention of the Mughals from the turn results. A giant Middle Eastern war involving two NPC powers - the Persians and Mughals - against player-controlled nations isn't really what we're looking for, and would greatly overcomplicate the game by requiring us to do research on, make decisions for, and simulate the actions of the said NPC powers. X and YPestis, you're welcome.

Thank you Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »

We're still in need of an Austria before we can continue any further, so if anyone who thinks they have the proper experience would be willing to step forward, we'd be most appreciative.

Spamage dropped out?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 11:12:04 PM »

Turn 3 prompts are up! The turn will last for one week, making the deadline for orders the night of April 18.

Requesting an extension until Monday evening
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 09:16:45 AM »

As in two country’s orders or just one?  Also, I sent my orders as “Orders: Part I” in case I had any other things I thought of at the last minute, but it turned out not to be necessary, so my orders were all sent in last night.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »

As in two country’s orders or just one?  Also, I sent my orders as “Orders: Part I” in case I had any other things I thought of at the last minute, but it turned out not to be necessary, so my orders were all sent in last night.

There are two pairs of orders still missing. We have your orders so you don't need to worry.

So, will this be like in the past where countries that didn’t submit orders get hit with a crisis penalty?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 02:40:35 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 03:51:19 PM by Dereich »

I will unfortunately have to withdraw from this game so long as X is involved

Good afternoon to you too Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length