King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:55:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread  (Read 12090 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2020, 09:25:01 AM »

I’m very enthusiastic to see what interesting developments have happened so far.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »

THE RISE OF VENICE!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2020, 12:49:56 AM »

Turn results are posted! Hopefully I'll be able to get the prompts finished tomorrow for the start of turn 2.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2020, 09:44:39 PM »

Before we begin Turn 2, we'll have to find a new and experienced French player, as our current one is inactive. So is the Swedish player, so if you're playing as a smaller or less important country, I'd encourage you to consider moving up and taking his place if you think you're ready. Additionally, our Prussian player left the game, so that's another option if you're interested in moving up. The Portuguese player also had an inactivity game over, but it's not necessary to fill that gap since Portugal is a low-priority country. This message applies as well to users not currently playing the game, as we now have two available open countries if you'd like to join, and one more (France) if you're experienced.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2020, 03:18:35 PM »

Before we begin Turn 2, we'll have to find a new and experienced French player, as our current one is inactive. So is the Swedish player, so if you're playing as a smaller or less important country, I'd encourage you to consider moving up and taking his place if you think you're ready. Additionally, our Prussian player left the game, so that's another option if you're interested in moving up. The Portuguese player also had an inactivity game over, but it's not necessary to fill that gap since Portugal is a low-priority country. This message applies as well to users not currently playing the game, as we now have two available open countries if you'd like to join, and one more (France) if you're experienced.

Well,I want to switch to be honest,maybe I could be Prussia now if possible ?.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2020, 04:34:43 PM »

I will move to France.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »

Well,I want to switch to be honest,maybe I could be Prussia now if possible ?.

Both granted! Turn 2 prompts have now been posted!
Last_Plantagenet
United Kingdom
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »

Heya Guys, so I’m new here and I quite like the look of this.
Anything available for a new guy?
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2020, 10:18:18 AM »

Can I request an extension on this turn?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2020, 11:23:29 AM »

Seconded
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2020, 11:28:27 AM »

Heya Guys, so I’m new here and I quite like the look of this.
Anything available for a new guy?

Sweden is open, if you're interested.

For how long? As of now turn orders are due before 12:00 am on March 17.
Last_Plantagenet
United Kingdom
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2020, 11:37:41 AM »

Anything aside from Sweden? I’m thinking the Grand Duchy of Tuscany?
Last_Plantagenet
United Kingdom
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2020, 11:41:58 AM »

Also, how does this game work? I can’t seem to find any diplomacy in the game thread so where does any negotiation happen, or even just events in your nation?
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2020, 12:18:11 PM »

Also, how does this game work? I can’t seem to find any diplomacy in the game thread so where does any negotiation happen, or even just events in your nation?

Negotiations happen more in PMs.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2020, 12:49:45 PM »

Plantagenet, I'm sorry to say that Tuscany isn't available. They're a bit too small and irrelevant, but there are some other smaller countries you could take if you insist. Portugal, Savoy, Saxony, Lorraine, and Venice are your other options if not Sweden.

I'll try to briefly explain how these games work. In the gameplay thread you'll find prompts for your nation, which you'll want to answer in your orders, which you'll PM to me. You can also include things in your orders that are not mentioned in the prompts, such as military movements and economic policies. Diplomacy is mostly done through PMs, though I think you have to have a certain number of posts (20?) to be able to send them. Other than that, there isn't much else to add. Hopefully, you'll find that it comes naturally and learn more as you go along.
Last_Plantagenet
United Kingdom
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2020, 04:20:53 PM »

Plantagenet, I'm sorry to say that Tuscany isn't available. They're a bit too small and irrelevant, but there are some other smaller countries you could take if you insist. Portugal, Savoy, Saxony, Lorraine, and Venice are your other options if not Sweden.

I'll try to briefly explain how these games work. In the gameplay thread you'll find prompts for your nation, which you'll want to answer in your orders, which you'll PM to me. You can also include things in your orders that are not mentioned in the prompts, such as military movements and economic policies. Diplomacy is mostly done through PMs, though I think you have to have a certain number of posts (20?) to be able to send them. Other than that, there isn't much else to add. Hopefully, you'll find that it comes naturally and learn more as you go along.
Ah no worries! I always have a soft spot for the Medici in this era, and I love the dynamics of 1600s Italy. If Saxony is free, I could be up for that!

Ah, that is very different to how games are run on AH.com where I’m from.
It’ll take a bit of work to get used to this way.

Very strange
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2020, 06:38:08 PM »

Ah no worries! I always have a soft spot for the Medici in this era, and I love the dynamics of 1600s Italy. If Saxony is free, I could be up for that!

Ah, that is very different to how games are run on AH.com where I’m from.
It’ll take a bit of work to get used to this way.

Very strange

You’ll see...
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2020, 06:50:58 PM »

Granted!

Very strange

Why? You want everyone to know what you're planning?
Last_Plantagenet
United Kingdom
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2020, 02:05:20 AM »

Granted!

Very strange

Why? You want everyone to know what you're planning?
It’s just the way games are done on AH.com. I guess I’ll have to try and get used to this style of game.
So let’s go Saxony!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »

TimTurner has requested via PM to join as Sweden, so his prompts have been added. Since the Swedish player didn't send in orders last turn, his prompts remain mostly the same with some slight add-ons.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »

Reminder: Unless anyone requests an extension for a specific amount of time, the turn ends at 12:00 am on the 17th. So get your final orders in by tomorrow night!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2020, 06:14:25 PM »

Reminder: Unless anyone requests an extension for a specific amount of time, the turn ends at 12:00 am on the 17th. So get your final orders in by tomorrow night!

Unfortunately, I’m gonna have to drop out Sad
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2020, 07:01:38 PM »

Are you sure? It's not too late to ask for an extension, provided you are specific on how long you'd like the extension to be.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »

Are you sure? It's not too late to ask for an extension, provided you are specific on how long you'd like the extension to be.

If I could get another week, then I can stay in.  It's just been a bonkers week with the Coronavirus shutting down the world Tongue
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2020, 10:35:43 PM »

If I could get another week, then I can stay in.  It's just been a bonkers week with the Coronavirus shutting down the world Tongue

We’re missing orders from a lot of other players too, so another week it is!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies