King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:03:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread  (Read 12030 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil

I can't possibly forsee anything going wrong.

Interesting to see the two major powers who would most likely come to a confrontation with the Ottomans (Spain and Austria) remain unclaimed. Spain is in a horrible position currently, and iirc Austria's position isn't amazing either.

Right up my wheelhouse. I'd like to give someone else the chance to pick Spain or Austria and I'll take whichever is left over.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil

Interesting to see the two major powers who would most likely come to a confrontation with the Ottomans (Spain and Austria) remain unclaimed. Spain is in a horrible position currently, and iirc Austria's position isn't amazing either.

Personally I'd still take Austria over Spain, since the whole "dynasty dying out" stuff is pretty bad and can result in sudden game over.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »

Personally I'd still take Austria over Spain, since the whole "dynasty dying out" stuff is pretty bad and can result in sudden game over.

Spain is 60% hopeless in the last game I was amazed on how long Charles lasted iirc 3 years.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »

IRL Michał Korybut Wiśniowiecki was being called "King-Poor thing", so the bar of expectations is pretty low here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 01:19:53 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2020, 01:27:10 PM by Michael Avenatti Will be Living Rent Free in Federal Prison »

Because of my excellent track record as a responsible custodian of sacred religious sites whenever they've fallen under my control over the years in these games, I think it is only fitting that I pick The Ottoman Empire.  I've no doubt the Holy Land will fair well during my calm, peaceful, and thoroughly uneventful reign Evil

My reputation proceeds me Tongue  

In all seriousness though, that depends entirely upon what my plans are and what I think other players are most likely to do.  That said, I've already started toying with some fun ideas...
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »

Spain is 60% hopeless in the last game I was amazed on how long Charles lasted iirc 3 years.

A lot of that hopelessness was due to poor simulation on my part, which I apologize for. Fortunately, Lumine will handle the simulation this time, so Spain should be a lot more playable.

Granted!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2020, 02:19:36 PM »

Well, I think getting Austria is more crucial than Spain at this stage.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »

Well, I think getting Austria is more crucial than Spain at this stage.

You assume...
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 06:04:14 PM »

That's probably why they haven't been picked yet lol
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 06:07:07 PM »

That's probably why they haven't been picked yet lol

It's a game of chicken.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2020, 06:12:45 PM »

Hey,
I wish you the best.
I can't join for now but I may join later in the future.
Best luck to everyone!!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2020, 11:14:38 PM »

I would simply like to note here that my claimed character's dynasty not only dies out within two years of game start, he also has his liver removed, roasted and eaten. It can always get worse.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 12:15:57 AM »

I would love to play as Austria, I've always been a Habsburg partisan at heart. Wink Purple heart
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2020, 12:23:45 AM »

I would love to play as Austria, I've always been a Habsburg partisan at heart. Wink Purple heart

Granted! I suppose that means Dereich is now Spain. We値l start tomorrow!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »

Bold hottake: some people are going to die.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2020, 09:14:09 AM »

And some people will be in grave danger.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2020, 03:20:44 PM »

Man, I'm so f-king wired up for this!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 03:25:42 PM »

I don't think I'll be able to get the gameplay thread up until this evening (American time). Hopefully you haven't gone to bed by then Tongue.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 05:14:33 PM »

I don't think I'll be able to get the gameplay thread up until this evening (American time). Hopefully you haven't gone to bed by then Tongue.

Damn time difference.

No worries, I won't explode out of anticipation. I'm just really happy we're going to play Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2020, 12:47:44 PM »

I seem to detect a distinct flavor of Persian incense in the air. Call me crazy but it kind of smells like trouble.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2020, 01:03:13 PM »

I seem to detect a distinct flavor of Persian incense in the air. Call me crazy but it kind of smells like trouble.
You are far away from us, no worries 😉

Anyway, I知 not in a warmongering mood. Just don稚 attack me, my allies, or your Shia population and we値l be good k
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »

Well,could I have Savoy,please ?.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »

Granted! Your economy, popularity, turn prompts, and military information have been added.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2020, 01:03:10 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2020, 01:18:21 PM by DKrol »

I'd be interested in joining but I'm unsure which of the remaining nations to claim.

EDIT: I think I'd like to take Doge Domenico II Contarini and the Republic of Venice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies