King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: King and Country - Sign up and General Discussion Thread  (Read 11789 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2020, 10:17:03 PM »

I sincerely apologize for leaving you all in the dark. Due to the pandemic there was lots of coming/going in my househould, but I've finally settled in somewhat. I'll try to get the turn results up within the next few days, best case scenario being tomorrow.

Take however long you need, safety is the number one priority atm.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2020, 01:09:39 AM »

Well, that was one hell of a turn! Before we can start Turn 3, we'll need a new player as Austria, as Spamage earlier informed me that he will be unable to continue.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2020, 04:31:03 PM »

I’m going to have to resign my position as Shah of the Expansive Kingdom of Iran.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2020, 08:54:21 PM »

I’m going to have to resign my position as Shah of the Expansive Kingdom of Iran.

May I ask why?
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2020, 01:30:37 PM »

Well, I hoped I would be able to convince PSOL to stay in the game like I was able to with X (jdb), but it looks like that won't happen. Consequently, in an executive decision we've decided to remove all mention of the Mughals from the turn results. A giant Middle Eastern war involving two NPC powers - the Persians and Mughals - against player-controlled nations isn't really what we're looking for, and would greatly overcomplicate the game by requiring us to do research on, make decisions for, and simulate the actions of the said NPC powers. X and YPestis, you're welcome.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2020, 01:36:04 PM »

Well, I hoped I would be able to convince PSOL to stay in the game like I was able to with X (jdb), but it looks like that won't happen. Consequently, in an executive decision we've decided to remove all mention of the Mughals from the turn results. A giant Middle Eastern war involving two NPC powers - the Persians and Mughals - against player-controlled nations isn't really what we're looking for, and would greatly overcomplicate the game by requiring us to do research on, make decisions for, and simulate the actions of the said NPC powers. X and YPestis, you're welcome.

Thank you Smiley
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:50 PM »

We're still in need of an Austria before we can continue any further, so if anyone who thinks they have the proper experience would be willing to step forward, we'd be most appreciative.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »

We're still in need of an Austria before we can continue any further, so if anyone who thinks they have the proper experience would be willing to step forward, we'd be most appreciative.

Spamage dropped out?
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2020, 06:09:11 PM »

Spamage dropped out?

See my post on April 2.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »

OK, I guess I'm back as Austria, even though I hate a thought of having a weird lip.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2020, 05:15:55 PM »

OK, I guess I'm back as Austria, even though I hate a thought of having a weird lip.

Granted! With that, we'll be able to start the next turn once I have all the prompts finished.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2020, 10:18:09 PM »

Turn 3 prompts are up! The turn will last for one week, making the deadline for orders the night of April 18.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2020, 11:12:04 PM »

Turn 3 prompts are up! The turn will last for one week, making the deadline for orders the night of April 18.

Requesting an extension until Monday evening
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2020, 11:17:20 PM »

*worried Denmark noises*
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »

Granted!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »

I'm having really hard time focusing on the game, so I'm probably going to be a bit slow.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »

Is the turn over?
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2020, 01:25:23 AM »

Yes, though we still lack at least one pair of orders.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2020, 09:16:45 AM »

As in two country’s orders or just one?  Also, I sent my orders as “Orders: Part I” in case I had any other things I thought of at the last minute, but it turned out not to be necessary, so my orders were all sent in last night.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2020, 12:18:24 PM »

As in two country’s orders or just one?  Also, I sent my orders as “Orders: Part I” in case I had any other things I thought of at the last minute, but it turned out not to be necessary, so my orders were all sent in last night.

There are two pairs of orders still missing. We have your orders so you don't need to worry.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »

There are two pairs of orders still missing. We have your orders so you don't need to worry.

So, will this be like in the past where countries that didn’t submit orders get hit with a crisis penalty?
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »

So, will this be like in the past where countries that didn’t submit orders get hit with a crisis penalty?

We're still trying to figure out what to do. Sorry for the wait.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2020, 12:46:54 PM »

Any news on this front?
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »

Any news on this front?

We've decided to give Dereich and Kalwjet inactivity game overs. The results are still being simulated.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2020, 02:33:15 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 03:51:04 PM by Dereich »

I will unfortunately have to withdraw from this game so long as X is involved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies