Can Bernie Sanders carry Texas against Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:26:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Can Bernie Sanders carry Texas against Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Can Bernie Sanders carry Texas against Trump?
Yes

Maybe yes

Maybe no

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: Can Bernie Sanders carry Texas against Trump?  (Read 1584 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 14, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »

Can he? Yes. Will he? Probably not, but he’s absolutely more likely to win TX than IA/ME-02 and undoubtedly more likely to win TX than to lose VA. My current guess is that he loses the state by 2-4 points, but not more than that. So Lean R if I had to rate it.

You’d think all those TX polls would deter people from smugly declaring states like GA and FL Likely/Safe R with Sanders or posting simplistic "TX/FL/VA = South = Sun Belt = suburbs = Romney/Clinton voters + minorities = Sanders bad fit = Safe R with Bernie" takes, but obviously that’s not going to happen.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 08:36:11 PM »

If Micheal Bloomberg is the nominee I would actually agree , cause Micheal Bloomberg is an excellent fit for Texas while Biden was the only candidate who was a great fit to win Iowa in a general election .

If Bernie is the nominee well it won’t matter cause he will lose both easily

How exactly in Michael Bloomberg an “excellent fit” for Texas? I’m not saying he’s an awful fit but how is someone who supports very tough gun control legislations an excellent fit

Not to mention that this entire "Candidate X is an excellent/poor fit for state Y and will therefore do significantly better/worse in said state than Candidate Z, who is a much worse/better fit for the state" line of reasoning is inane for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies