Could Collins become even more vulnerable than McSally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:06:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Could Collins become even more vulnerable than McSally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Could Collins become even more vulnerable than McSally  (Read 1607 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »

I think her chances of winning are being seriously overrated by Atlas and the media.

Yeah, they’re definitely being overrated.

I mean, just flip through a couple threads on this website and you'll see that she is, but alright. Her approval rating is on par with Trump's in the state and he's not winning there. She's in trouble.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 11:49:25 PM »

I think her chances of winning are being seriously overrated by Atlas and the media.

I mean, just flip through a couple threads on this website and you'll see that she is, but alright. Her approval rating is on par with Trump's in the state and he's not winning there. She's in trouble.

I’ve flipped through those threads and all I’m seeing is posters repeatedly pointing out that Collins' impeachment/Kavanaugh/tax cut/etc. votes have caused her entire Democratic + independent support to evaporate (and that said crossover support is the only reason she’s won in the past), that she’s extremely unpopular, that 2020 is going to be her toughest race yet, that her personal and electoral history in this state don’t really matter all that much in the Trump era, that "polarization" is finally going to catch up with her, that she might not even outperform Trump, that she’s as vulnerable as Barbara Comstock, that she’s DOA, that Gideon is a strong candidate who’s running a great campaign, that Maine is a blue state where she’s going to need to win over a ton of Democrats, etc. How on earth are people overrating Susan Collins?

Her approval rating is on par with Trump's in which poll? PPP (D), which didn’t even test a Collins vs. Gideon match-up and had her losing to Generic D by 3 points even as Trump was losing by double digits? In Morning Consult, which has Trump at -9 approval in Iowa but -7 in Minnesota/-4 in Virginia, or +5 in Texas but +2 in Nebraska? Even in the two polls where she’s as unpopular as Trump, her approval rating among Republicans was lower than Trump's, and it’s not unreasonable to assume that most of those Republicans will warm up to and vote for her if the race turns into Generic R vs. Generic D.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 12:06:58 AM »

I’ve flipped through those threads and all I’m seeing is posters repeatedly pointing out that Collins' impeachment/Kavanaugh/tax cut/etc. votes have caused her entire Democratic + independent support to evaporate (and that said crossover support is the only reason she’s won in the past), that she’s extremely unpopular, that 2020 is going to be her toughest race yet, that her personal and electoral history in this state don’t really matter all that much in the Trump era, that "polarization" is finally going to catch up with her, that she might not even outperform Trump, that she’s as vulnerable as Barbara Comstock, that she’s DOA, that Gideon is a strong candidate who’s running a great campaign, that Maine is a blue state where she’s going to need to win over a ton of Democrats, etc. How on earth are people overrating Susan Collins?

Her approval rating is on par with Trump's in which poll? PPP (D), which didn’t even test a Collins vs. Gideon match-up and had her losing to Generic D by 3 points even as Trump was losing by double digits? In Morning Consult, which has Trump at -9 approval in Iowa but -7 in Minnesota/-4 in Virginia, or +5 in Texas but +2 in Nebraska? Even in the two polls where she’s as unpopular as Trump, her approval rating among Republicans was lower than Trump's, and it’s not unreasonable to assume that most of those Republicans will warm up to and vote for her if the race turns into Generic R vs. Generic D.

I was referring to the Morning Consult poll showing her 10 points underwater. That's right around where Trump is in the state.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2020, 11:55:16 PM »

AZ only remained R longer due to McCain in 2016. The state is sooner than later will become another NV
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies