AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:59:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round  (Read 1722 times)
n1240

« on: February 13, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »

https://yellowhammernews.com/latest-club-for-growth-poll-sessions-clinging-to-5-point-lead-over-tuberville-byrne/

Sessions 34
Tuberville 29
Byrne 17
Moore 6

600 LV Feb 10-12

Very similar to the Mason Dixon result
n1240

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »

We will probably be seeing a Sessions vs Tumorville runoff, and I look forward to doing everything I can to stop Florida Tommy from getting Alabama's senate seat.

Part of me wants Tubby to win the primary so 70% of the state feels that instinctive impulse to vote for the other guy.

But my realistic side realizes that it would likely result in that sh**thead winning our US Senate seat.  Six years of Tuberville in the news might be worse than another four of that fat orange coward with neurosyphilis.

The runoff is only open to folks who voted in the initial GOP primary, correct?

AFAIK, yes. And the primary runoff is the defacto general election; there isn't a candidate in the race (including Moore) who wouldn't beat Jones this time around.

My understanding is that it's only illegal to vote in the GOP runoff if you voted in a first round primary that wasn't the GOP primary. If you didn't vote in the initial primary, you're allowed to vote in the runoff in any party of choice. The 2017 runoff had more votes than the first round so presumably the non-first round voters were not barred from voting in the runoff.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies