AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:33:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round  (Read 1717 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

« on: February 13, 2020, 07:41:37 PM »

We will probably be seeing a Sessions vs Tumorville runoff, and I look forward to doing everything I can to stop Florida Tommy from getting Alabama's senate seat.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 03:00:36 PM »

We will probably be seeing a Sessions vs Tumorville runoff, and I look forward to doing everything I can to stop Florida Tommy from getting Alabama's senate seat.

Part of me wants Tubby to win the primary so 70% of the state feels that instinctive impulse to vote for the other guy.

But my realistic side realizes that it would likely result in that sh**thead winning our US Senate seat.  Six years of Tuberville in the news might be worse than another four of that fat orange coward with neurosyphilis.

The runoff is only open to folks who voted in the initial GOP primary, correct?

AFAIK, yes. And the primary runoff is the defacto general election; there isn't a candidate in the race (including Moore) who wouldn't beat Jones this time around.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 11:15:42 PM »

Surprised that you want the biggest Trump bootlicker to win.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 11:29:22 PM »

Surprised that you want the biggest Trump bootlicker to win.

he seems more 1. moderate on the issues and 2. Sessions wouldnt vote to impeach Trump either so on the issue of Trump bootlicker they seem the same

1) He doesn't seem to be more moderate, imo. Tuberville is playing arch-conservative evangelical identity politics. Sessions is more right-wing on immigration, but is significantly more moderate in rhetoric and style (which you seem to care about above ideology).
2) Pack your bags and leave the GOP. Don't look back.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2020, 05:30:10 PM by Yellowhammer »

Why do you care? Both are basically guaranteed to beat Jones and would vote exactly the same. The person who holds Doug Jones' seat next year will either be Sessions or Tuberville almost guaranteed. If I had to pick I guess I'd pick Tuberville but I do not really care.

Tuberville is an out-of-touch, out-of-state carpetbagger who jaunted up here out of retirement in Florida to try to snag our senate seat. He's also cozy with open-borders interests and is a strong supporter of increasing the inflow of immigrants and guest workers, and amnesty.
He is running an especially venomous and evil smear-campaign against Sessions, calling him a "traitor" amongst other things. Sessions is easily one of the greatest and most honorable Republican statesmen of our time, and Tuberville is nothing -- he isn't worthy to polish his shoes.
He always comes off as really dumb and cringy, and he's a shameless hack whose sole message is "vote for me because I'll never question Trump." It'd be an embarrassment to be represented by him. I'm not even sure that I would vote for him against Jones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies