AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:53:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL - Club for Growth/WPA (R Primary): Sessions holds narrow lead in 1st round  (Read 1707 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »

https://yellowhammernews.com/latest-club-for-growth-poll-sessions-clinging-to-5-point-lead-over-tuberville-byrne/

Sessions 34
Tuberville 29
Byrne 17
Moore 6

600 LV Feb 10-12

Very similar to the Mason Dixon result
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 07:41:37 PM »

We will probably be seeing a Sessions vs Tumorville runoff, and I look forward to doing everything I can to stop Florida Tommy from getting Alabama's senate seat.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:59:06 AM »

We will probably be seeing a Sessions vs Tumorville runoff, and I look forward to doing everything I can to stop Florida Tommy from getting Alabama's senate seat.

Part of me wants Tubby to win the primary so 70% of the state feels that instinctive impulse to vote for the other guy.

But my realistic side realizes that it would likely result in that sh**thead winning our US Senate seat.  Six years of Tuberville in the news might be worse than another four of that fat orange coward with neurosyphilis.

The runoff is only open to folks who voted in the initial GOP primary, correct?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 03:00:36 PM »

Part of me wants Tubby to win the primary so 70% of the state feels that instinctive impulse to vote for the other guy.

But my realistic side realizes that it would likely result in that sh**thead winning our US Senate seat.  Six years of Tuberville in the news might be worse than another four of that fat orange coward with neurosyphilis.

AFAIK, yes. And the primary runoff is the defacto general election; there isn't a candidate in the race (including Moore) who wouldn't beat Jones this time around.
n1240

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »

AFAIK, yes. And the primary runoff is the defacto general election; there isn't a candidate in the race (including Moore) who wouldn't beat Jones this time around.

My understanding is that it's only illegal to vote in the GOP runoff if you voted in a first round primary that wasn't the GOP primary. If you didn't vote in the initial primary, you're allowed to vote in the runoff in any party of choice. The 2017 runoff had more votes than the first round so presumably the non-first round voters were not barred from voting in the runoff.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 05:49:54 PM »

Hopefully Tuberville wins the primary
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 07:10:36 PM »

All are awful (Moore obviously the worst)

But all will beat Doug. Sad
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 07:26:04 PM »

Well, if I had to choose I would probably pick Jeff Sessions, as his relationship with Trump isn't the best and in an ideal world we would get another GOP senator with independent thought.

But that's an iffy bet at best and he would have the highest chance of taking down Jones, so... ._.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 10:43:23 PM »

I'm still undecided, but definitely don't want Tuberville.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 11:15:42 PM »

Surprised that you want the biggest Trump bootlicker to win.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 11:17:29 PM »

he seems more moderate on the issues and Sessions wouldnt vote to impeach Trump either so on the issue of Trump bootlicker they seem the same
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 11:29:22 PM »

he seems more 1. moderate on the issues and 2. Sessions wouldnt vote to impeach Trump either so on the issue of Trump bootlicker they seem the same

1) He doesn't seem to be more moderate, imo. Tuberville is playing arch-conservative evangelical identity politics. Sessions is more right-wing on immigration, but is significantly more moderate in rhetoric and style (which you seem to care about above ideology).
2) Pack your bags and leave the GOP. Don't look back.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 11:46:55 PM »

he seems more 1. moderate on the issues and 2. Sessions wouldnt vote to impeach Trump either so on the issue of Trump bootlicker they seem the same

1) He doesn't seem to be more moderate, imo. Tuberville is playing arch-conservative evangelical identity politics. Sessions is more right-wing on immigration, but is significantly more moderate in rhetoric and style (which you seem to care about above ideology).
2) Pack your bags and leave the GOP. Don't look back.

1. No I dont , Trump is an exception to that rule for obvious reasons

2. Mitt Romney is a Republican and if you kick him out , I am sure he will run third party to make sure Trump loses . So careful what you wish for
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »

Why Sessions over Tuberville? Doesn't Tuberville support entitlement reform?
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 03:48:24 AM »

Why Sessions over Tuberville? Doesn't Tuberville support entitlement reform?

lol

you are aware of the concept of a blood feud, correct?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »

Sessions will probably win this primary, and Blanche Doug Jones

The only shot that Jones had was if Moore won, and he doesn't even look he will make the runoff

Safe R, barring a massive Moore surge

The primary is Lean/Likely Sessions
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »

Why do you care? Both are basically guaranteed to beat Jones and would vote exactly the same. The person who holds Doug Jones' seat next year will either be Sessions or Tuberville almost guaranteed. If I had to pick I guess I'd pick Tuberville but I do not really care.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2020, 05:30:10 PM by Yellowhammer »

Why do you care? Both are basically guaranteed to beat Jones and would vote exactly the same. The person who holds Doug Jones' seat next year will either be Sessions or Tuberville almost guaranteed. If I had to pick I guess I'd pick Tuberville but I do not really care.

Tuberville is an out-of-touch, out-of-state carpetbagger who jaunted up here out of retirement in Florida to try to snag our senate seat. He's also cozy with open-borders interests and is a strong supporter of increasing the inflow of immigrants and guest workers, and amnesty.
He is running an especially venomous and evil smear-campaign against Sessions, calling him a "traitor" amongst other things. Sessions is easily one of the greatest and most honorable Republican statesmen of our time, and Tuberville is nothing -- he isn't worthy to polish his shoes.
He always comes off as really dumb and cringy, and he's a shameless hack whose sole message is "vote for me because I'll never question Trump." It'd be an embarrassment to be represented by him. I'm not even sure that I would vote for him against Jones.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 06:50:49 PM »

Ah....the mind of YH
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: