I'm proud to endorse Amy Klobuchar
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:02:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm proud to endorse Amy Klobuchar
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm proud to endorse Amy Klobuchar  (Read 790 times)
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:26:03 AM »

Today I announce that I take my endorsement from Joe Biden.

Some may accuse me of treason because I am not a principled and responsible person. I'll answer right away. Joe Biden was, is and will be one of my favorite politicians, one of my "teachers", my icon, but I almost don't see any more way than he wins the nomination. I do not betray him, and I continue to believe that he would be one of the best Presidents the US has ever had. Joe could defeat Trump, unite the country, dramatically improve the lives of Americans and establish international relations. I believe it could solve many international problems as well as problems within America. You can safely call Joe Biden - the best Vice President America has ever had.

If Joe Biden wins Nevada and South Carolina, then maybe I'll get my endorsement back from him, though it's not part of my rules (I usually don't withdraw endorsement and then endorse again). But now I don't see a real possibility that Uncle Joe wins the nomination.

So sad that we won't see Biden as the next President. He deserves this position. And he deserves it more than 9 past presidents, from Trump to Nixon.

But with pain and sadness, I have to declare my support for the U.S. Senator from Minnesota Amy Klobuchar and say:

Joe, you need to drop out and endorse Klobuchar

Why Amy?

I think she has good chance of winning Nevada, which will give her extra momentum. Also, I think she has a great chance of showing herself to the African American minority and securing their support.

She is the most electable Democrat in the race, and it's hard to disagree, and the polls that show her not being strong are simply influenced by name recognition.

Amy Klobuchar is a pragmatic leader who can bring order to the country and the world, improve the well-being of people and solve numerous international problems

I can't support Michael Bloomberg because of this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/11/not-long-ago-bloomberg-likened-putins-attack -ukraine-americas-annexation-california /% 3foutputType = amp

Until Bloomberg publicly announces his position on Ukraine, I will not support him. If Bloomberg announces that his administration will not send Ukraine military and / or financial assistance to my country, I will not support him in the primary and general election. The same goes for Sanders and Warren. If they do not change their position, I will support the candidates from 3 parties in the general election, if they are nominees
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:36:11 AM »

Also, for some reason, I cannot remove my endorsement for Joe Biden on this forum and endorse of Amy, but please consider that I have endorsed Amy Klobuchar
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 04:14:21 AM »

Another problem with low-enthusiasm campaigns: Because nobody had any ideological commitment to the candidate, they start to jump ship the moment they realize they won't walk away with the nomination. Standing for nothing, having zero convictions, and expecting to coast on "electability" is not a winning strategy, shockingly enough.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 06:24:25 AM »

Good for you. She has a positive energy and a nice smile.

I think she has some ground to make up, but is accelerating at precisely the right time.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 07:27:58 AM »

Surely this will put her over the edge.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »

Surely this will put her over the edge.

I'm proud the good people of Nevada turns to the Atlas for guidance before their caucus.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 12:20:06 PM »

Who care
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:16 PM »

Angry Amy the abusive boss doesn’t have a shot.  Change your endorsement to bloomverg or pete immediately.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »

I guess there is Ukrainian interference in our elections after all.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 12:51:57 PM »

She'd be good, actually.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 02:04:21 PM »

I like her but Pete is better.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 02:09:35 PM »

I like her and would enthusiastically support her in the general election or if it came down to a contest between her and Bernie.

We're now on different pages as I will go to supporting Bloomberg at first and Pete at second if Joe Biden is really done.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 05:09:11 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Amy_Klobuchar_2020_presidential_campaign_endorsements#Academics,_experts,_and_writers

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 09:19:09 AM »

Sadly, she seems to be going backward.

Pete's an empty suit, but she didn't help herself going after him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »

I'm becoming kind of concerned what would be the other thing Fuzzy and me turn out to be in agreement on.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »

I'm becoming kind of concerned what would be the other thing Fuzzy and me turn out to be in agreement on.

It would probably be when I endorsed Sanders after Weld upset Trump and named Romney as his running mate.

I'll certainly double down about Mayor Pete being an empty suit.  He knows what to say and he's prepared, and I could see him aceing the "entrance exam" for the White House, but he wouldn't know what to do if he got the job.  He'd be way, way over his head.  Sanders, on the other hand, isn't a Titan of the Senate (as, say, Mike Mansfield was), but he is the leader of a movement in the manner Trump is. 
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 11:29:37 AM »

Buttigieg isn't my first choice and he's obviously inexperienced, but somehow an empty suit sounds far far better to me than "movement" type.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 01:32:52 PM »

First Belgian interference, now Ukrainian.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 02:55:36 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2020, 03:07:17 PM by Grand Mufti of Northern Virginia »

I just cast my absentee ballot for Amy Klobuchar, though I went back and forth between her and Bernie Sanders.  What ultimately decided it for me was that she can better appeal to Midwestern swing voters, won't scare away the suburban voters who underpin our majority in the House (if you want to persuade me, don't condescend to me), has the experience that Pete Buttigieg conspicuously lacks, and the fact that this just doesn't seem to be the kind of election year that cries out for a revolutionary figure like Bernie Sanders. This is not a realignment election year like 1932 or 1980.  

Oh, and the fact that she would be ideal as the first woman president of the United States.  
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »

Further evidence of Ukrainian interference in our sacred elections. When will Brian Stelter or Lawrence O’Donnell come across this and run a segment?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2020, 07:41:32 PM »

Whom will be endorsed by the Teachers Union as the Veep to Bernie,  just watch
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: