Why is Sanders under performing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:44:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why is Sanders under performing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why is Sanders under performing?  (Read 1353 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 08:17:10 PM »

I honestly believe Sanders talks about Trump too much.

Or maybe the media just cut out the "Trump insults" from his speeches.

As I said previously, if you just say "Trump is a racist" 400,000 times, you are not going to win the Presidency.

Pete finishes every interview with a discussion of the future, and he does not come across as bitter or twisted. Pete is not creepy, and does not spend a lot of energy talking about anything but the distinction between his policies and Sanders.

I think Pete may be accelerating, and Sanders will be getting worried by his own drop in the numbers.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »

As I said previously, if you just say "Trump is a racist" 400,000 times, you are not going to win the Presidency.

Pete finishes every interview with a discussion of the future, and he does not come across as bitter or twisted. Pete is not creepy, and does not spend a lot of energy talking about anything but the distinction between his policies and Sanders.

I think Pete may be accelerating, and Sanders will be getting worried by his own drop in the numbers.

Sanders needs to talk about Trump more. His base may love hearing his stump speech, but most of those in the general election who would consider voting for him might do so simply because he is the alternative to Trump. He cannot forget about that and needs to incorporate as many anti-Trump focused voters into his coalition as possible. He'll always have his base, he needs to offer something to get those outside of it excited.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 06:53:55 AM »

Sanders needs to talk about Trump more. His base may love hearing his stump speech, but most of those in the general election who would consider voting for him might do so simply because he is the alternative to Trump. He cannot forget about that and needs to incorporate as many anti-Trump focused voters into his coalition as possible. He'll always have his base, he needs to offer something to get those outside of it excited.

The interesting thing about that is whether you will win anyone over from those who voted for Trump in 2016.

I've got a policy in business about never talking about your competitors.

Just behave as though your competition does not exist. Focus on the customer and tell them the features, advantages and benefits of your product or service.

Marketing 101.

Petey B has got it in spades. Positive view of the future for his electors.
Hydera

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 06:59:10 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 07:14:28 AM by MAKE CAPITALISM WOKE AGAIN »

In regards to New Hampshire, Sununu signed a law that made it harder for students to vote.

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Sununu-signs-voting-rights-bill-he-previously-opposed-18820259

Which likely made Bernie's margin go from a possible 4-5% victory to 1.3% considering that in the 2016 primary exit polls 18-29 were 19% of the electorate but this year its 13% in the state. Had the age breakdown been the same as in 2016 then it would be 28.6% for Bernie and 24.3% for Buttigieg. Even if you have a less optimistic scenario where younger voters are pushed back by higher older turnout then Bernie's margin would still had been a safer 2% without the law.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 07:11:39 AM »

Sanders isn't underperforming. It's 5-Person Race compared to a 2-Person Race in 2016. Big Difference!
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 10:12:32 AM »

Because Bernie is too far left this cycle, and is focusing on the wrong issues. And his supporters are annoying and rude.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 06:55:01 PM »

The interesting thing about that is whether you will win anyone over from those who voted for Trump in 2016.

I've got a policy in business about never talking about your competitors.

Just behave as though your competition does not exist. Focus on the customer and tell them the features, advantages and benefits of your product or service.

Marketing 101.

Petey B has got it in spades. Positive view of the future for his electors.

I think Sanders can stand on his own on entirely affirmative ways too. This isn't a business though, this is politics-specifically the kind that involves the most polarizing President since Lincoln. Going negative is not going to hurt as long as it can be part of a greater message.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies