Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:12:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine?  (Read 5761 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 14, 2020, 11:24:01 AM »

Virginia Dems are legislating like the Seattle City Council but it's still not enough for you people because they aren't doing stop and frisk on Appalachians.

The newly elected Soviet majority in Virginiya Oblast is every bit as acrimonious as the California dems -- pulling that off is quite the "distinction."

They didn't even repeal Right to Work!

And why should they? 96% of Va. Workers choose not to be union members. Why repeal a 70 year old law that clearly isn't in need of change? The only obvious reason is to reward corrupt special interest donors that again only make up 4% of workers. Right to work is Pro Worker for 96% of us. The repeal proposal even called for eliminating the secret ballot in union elections... how the hell is that pro worker?

Your claim that 96% of Virginia workers "chose" not to be unionized is either grossly misleading or grossly ignorant, or possibly a bit of both. First off, the vast majority of workers don't Indian eyes effectively can't because of modern economics Alaska industrial jobs requiring at least some technical know-how are shrinking. Secondly, more like here, even among those there are tremendous pressures in flouting of the law keeping such people from unionizing, ergo the need to get rid of Right to Work.

I understand it makes you feel good to Envision. Most Virginians are just hardworking people who don't want anything to do with them big city Union bosses blah blah blah oh, but given the choice I submit the vast majority of workers would much prefer to block an organization that might take 2% of their paycheck but helps ensure higher wages and better benefits / safety.

And that's the reason people like you are truly afraid of repealing right to work. Not because most workers so cold and choose not to be nice, but given an opportunity most workers will gladly take that option. And that is destructive to the right-wing Coalition of you and yours. The number one determinant of whether or not a white male will support Democrats whether or not they have a master's degree or greater, or a union card.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 04:14:51 PM »

Virginia Dems are legislating like the Seattle City Council but it's still not enough for you people because they aren't doing stop and frisk on Appalachians.

The newly elected Soviet majority in Virginiya Oblast is every bit as acrimonious as the California dems -- pulling that off is quite the "distinction."

They didn't even repeal Right to Work!

And why should they? 96% of Va. Workers choose not to be union members. Why repeal a 70 year old law that clearly isn't in need of change? The only obvious reason is to reward corrupt special interest donors that again only make up 4% of workers. Right to work is Pro Worker for 96% of us. The repeal proposal even called for eliminating the secret ballot in union elections... how the hell is that pro worker?

Your claim that 96% of Virginia workers "chose" not to be unionized is either grossly misleading or grossly ignorant, or possibly a bit of both. First off, the vast majority of workers don't Indian eyes effectively can't because of modern economics Alaska industrial jobs requiring at least some technical know-how are shrinking. Secondly, more like here, even among those there are tremendous pressures in flouting of the law keeping such people from unionizing, ergo the need to get rid of Right to Work.

I understand it makes you feel good to Envision. Most Virginians are just hardworking people who don't want anything to do with them big city Union bosses blah blah blah oh, but given the choice I submit the vast majority of workers would much prefer to block an organization that might take 2% of their paycheck but helps ensure higher wages and better benefits / safety.

And that's the reason people like you are truly afraid of repealing right to work. Not because most workers so cold and choose not to be nice, but given an opportunity most workers will gladly take that option. And that is destructive to the right-wing Coalition of you and yours. The number one determinant of whether or not a white male will support Democrats whether or not they have a master's degree or greater, or a union card.

In the field I work in, I guarantee no one wants more of their paycheck taken out to pay into a group they don't want to be in and cares more about power than actually helping them. Even those I know who have worked for companies that have unionized have said they aren't worth it.

X Doubt
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies