Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:12:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Virginia Democrats have no spine?  (Read 5696 times)
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« on: February 13, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »

If rural Virginia does not want to enforce the law, then they should receive no further funding from the state government.
Then they should stop paying taxes.  No services, no tax.  Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out. 
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:46:01 AM »

If rural Virginia does not want to enforce the law, then they should receive no further funding from the state government.
Then they should stop paying taxes.  No services, no tax.  Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out. 

That would work out just fine since the wealth is mainly concentrated in NoVa.
Richmond still gets billions from the rest of the state.  NoVa being richer than other areas doesn't mean that is where most of the revenue comes from. 
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 01:15:51 AM »

Then they should stop paying taxes.  No services, no tax.  Come and collect the money from millions of angry citizens by force and see how it works out.  

Good — let them go feral. Remember: they leech off of us, not the other way around. And if they want to organize a violent insurrection — which is exactly what you're threatening — they can confront the full force of a lavishly funded, technologically sophisticated attack. They'll be wiped out, just like their depraved Confederate brethren a century ago.
I am suggesting nonviolent resistance to unjust laws, you are the one advocating violence buddy.  Yeah, I guess you could send tanks across the hills or use drones on fellow Americans risking a civil war or insubordination from soldiers who won't murder the people they are supposed to be protecting.  Also, just ask the Viet Cong about lavishly funded, technologically sophisticated attacks.   Some people say the second amendment is useless because the government has more tech, remember such a conflict would not be a conventional war like the Civil War was.  To be 100% clear, I am not suggesting or hoping for a civil war, I'm just outlining how the violence you are advocating for would play out.  I don't know who would win, but I know who would lose: our nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies