Come In Spinner - 6th Edition out now!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:58:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Come In Spinner - 6th Edition out now!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Come In Spinner - 6th Edition out now!!!  (Read 2610 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 07:44:22 PM »

I expect the next edition to cover all of this drama going on right now.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2020, 05:28:37 AM »

Come In Spinner
***   Your Satirical Source of Truth   ***

Interview with Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee

Senator & President Pro-Tempore North Carolina Yankee | Wikimedia Commons | Public Domain

CIS: Senator, President pro-tempore, Mr. President 41 & 45, North Carolina Yankee, welcome it's an unexpected pleasure we are honoured honered by your presence to have your good self as the first ever interview for this publication which of course provides Atlasia with your satirical source of truth. So Senator Yankee, are you the senate?

NCY: I was the future Senate, once. Frankly there is no way one person can be the Senate, the Senate's job is to be advocates for their respective regions and no one person can do the job of six.

CIS: You've just had the ACP merge into your party, was this something you and/or the Federalist leadership had planned? Or was this some what of a surprise? Both parties seemed keen on a this merger as there where no votes against it.

NCY: I wouldn't say planned, but it was my expectation well frankly since the ACP had started, exactly when it would happen was probably the surprisingly element. The opportunity came about and I figured that the best thing for the right was to reunify especially considering how February and April had played out. 

I think there is an understanding on the part of many that with the work on things like the Caucuses that our desire to make sure that Conservatives and Moderates are going to be giving opportunity to contribute and strengthen the party, and that is why I think you have had such a widespread deal of support and a welcoming of each other for the most part.

CIS: Conversely to the merger there have been some departures from the Federalists. lfromnj for instance was a fairly major figure within the party was he not? His departure especially in the light of his recruiting efforts would be a bit of a blow.

NCY: It was an unfortunate series of events that occurred against the backdrop of the elections and my desire would be for LfromNJ to return at some point. He is welcome back any time as far as I am concerned.

I am concerned shall we say whenever we lose anyone and we just lost bruhg as well, which I found to be unfortunate because what it leads me to be concerned about is that some presume we might shift substantially in a direction that a lot of the party is uncomfortable with after the merger. The Federalist Party has generally always stood for the same things with slight variations based on climate and the lay of the land, a key point in that being regional powers and preserving the balance of our Federal system. That has been a historically unifying model that has enabled Conservatives, Libertarians and moderates to work together and minimize internal conflicts that would prone to split up and decimate the right as happened in the mid to late 2000s.

CIS: It seems that there are some individuals within Altasia that have, shall we say a somewhat negative view of the long standing Federalist platform. They seem to believe that pro-regionalism is bad. Why do you believe that being pro-region is a good thing for Atlasia?

NCY: "Centralism" as we have called such voices (though radical often gets used, it is a situation where not every centralist was a radical, and not every radical was even a centralist, a good example would be ILV who wanted to abolish the Federal Gov't for some years). These voices are nothing knew, it is just the faces espousing it and the means that they use have changed.

Federalism is the balance between regionalism and centralism and it is best safeguard against dissatisfaction that either can produce. With centralism you have naturally pull towards resistance and separation that comes from centralized control that has been demonstrated throughout history. If you go too far with Regionalism, you risk having a system that is too weak to even defend itself like under the Articles of Confederation in the 1780s or dare I say certain periods during the CSA, when states just ignored Jeff Davis or alternatively would only supply troops from their own states.

To the extent that Regionalism occurs within a reasonable set of boundaries, I think it is a positive. During the Convention in 2015/2016 there was talk of devolving responsibilities for certain areas to the regions. You cannot leave the regions with nothing to consider and the more that is done by the national gov't, the less there is for the regions to do and that tends to lead to a slow bleeding away of purpose and with it activity at the regional level. This is where the radicalism came into play back then when faced with that progression, their answer back then was to just start amputating arms and limbs rather than fix the problems that prevented things from being active, just get rid of those things.

As a movement that works to preserve those regional powers and keep things balanced, I think Regionalism is certainly a positive for the game. A lot of new people get their start in regional assemblies and I remember a time when we didn't have them and the difficulties we had with activity were magnitudes worse because you had to take risks, running people with absolutely no experience for VP and then Senate (as happened with me back in 2009), for me it worked out for many others it did not.

CIS: The current Chamber of Delegates has come under some criticism for a lack of debate, Senator Yankee, is current carpetbagging unwarranted interference level of out of region input in southern regional affairs warranted?

NCY: I understand the level of concern with outside interference but it depends on what that interference is. If it is disruptive or causing problems, then that should stop. It if  is someone like say Encke helping out with numbers or something because he can do maths, then that is a different kettle of fish.

I am always dubious about restricting access because I remember a time when Polnut pushed to have me silenced from the Senate in 2015, after I had left that chamber, fortunately Windjammer wouldn't put up with that crap and that was that. I have certainly allowed constructive outside voices to contribute and if there is debate lacking then that should be addressed.

As for the activity issue itself, there was recently passed a federal bill dealing with caseloads for public defenders and this will require regional action, which I hope to communicate with the Governor and Chamber about in the next day or so.

CIS: There's a Fremont election happening this month and very soon. Any insights, predictions, desires regarding this election? Or is Fremont going to perpetually going to be the commie-wealth of Fremont? Is Comrade Premier First Minister Truman doing a "good" job?

NCY: Fremont has long been a tough region and while I would like to see competitive elections there, I remain cautious about that being feasible in the near term. It is hard to get new people to risk a difficult region because it is so difficult to break in and for a new person losing that first race can be crippling to your long term future.

On the other hand regional competition is healthier and lack of it can lead to long term decline and collapse if you aren't careful.

I will be honest, I have not followed Truman's actions as FM as closely this term, but I would say that whatever disagreements we have in game, I consider Truman to be one of the smartest people on this forum, he was one of the most reasonable people at a time when reasonable people were hard to come by (2015) and the history discussions on other boards would be far less enjoyable for me without him.

CIS: There's elections everywhere else next month, including Federally. Ideally from a Federalist stand point what would you like to see happen? Or at least what is your prediction?

NCY: Well the old saying goes if you give out a number, you own it and everything gets judged by that. So I will refrain from doing it. In terms of what I would like to see happen, I would like to see us win across the board, but then again I would also like to wake up to a million dollars sitting on my lap. The question becomes how do you get there from here, and what can we do to get to that point. If it is doable by then or by some later date, we will have to see.

CIS: Are we ever likely to see a third NCY regime administration? What would instigate a Return of the Yankee? Or are you happy just being the senate?

NCY: I like being in the Senate because it enables me to represent the best interests of the Southern Region and to express my views on various matters in a medium I am very comfortable with.

I am not looking to be President again right now. While there were aspects I enjoyed, it is easy to get bogged down because you can no longer do it all yourself, for it to succeed you have to get people to do stuff or take it on yourself and it is very easy to get bogged down and engulfed by it all.

CIS: Senator North Carolina Yankee, thankyou for being with us.

Come In Spinner is a "satirical source of truth". The contents of the publication are satire and should not be take seriously. If you are offended by a joke I suggest you consult your teddy bear, mother, or take this test. Upon request, proverbial concrete can be made available to harden up.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2020, 05:37:15 AM »

Ooh very nice interview Smiley
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2020, 01:22:50 PM »

Thank you Yankee, very cool!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2020, 07:44:16 PM »

I forgot to go back and include in the pleasantries, at the beginning and the end. lol

If this looks short for a Yankee interview, that is because I had to pound it out quickly. Been a busy week.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »

I forgot to go back and include in the pleasantries, at the beginning and the end. lol

If this looks short for a Yankee interview, that is because I had to pound it out quickly. Been a busy week.

If you like a can pop them in if you'd like/want to do that.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 08:01:23 PM »

If you like a can pop them in if you'd like/want to do that.

Its not a big deal, everyone knows I would be happy to be interviewed by you anytime. Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2020, 09:15:06 PM »

I would say that whatever disagreements we have in game, I consider Truman to be one of the smartest people on this forum, he was one of the most reasonable people at a time when reasonable people were hard to come by (2015) and the history discussions on other boards would be far less enjoyable for me without him.
And likewise. Smiley
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 05:30:12 AM »

Greetings Seeker of Satirical Truth,

Due to the owner of this publication having been appointed to the Southern Chamber of Delegates, Come In Spinner will go on a hiatus for the time being so that you can be rest assursed of a publication that provides you with your impartial, unbaised, satirical truth.

Regards,
Management of Come In Spinner.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2022, 02:58:18 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2022, 03:11:01 AM by Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR) »

Come In Spinner
***   Your Satirical Source of Truth   ***

Herr Lebensraum founds New Party Parties
Comrade Premier, Chŏnchulryŏngjang, Hyŏnmyŏngjŏk Tongjiaeŭi Choegohwasin Herr Harry "Lebensraum" Putin, First Monster of the Commiepoor of Enslavemont, has founded a new party more inline with his beliefs. A party of Free Labor (aka Slavery). What can one say other than "Slavery Bad, Harry"? You should know this. After waking up that it was noted what he was openly calling for, he quickly started yet another party. This publication hopes that he seeks the treatment he needs to get better. Instead of pursuing his personal vendetta's with his needless war and issuing arrest warrants of defenders of the Constitution, that he is also supposed to protect.

Old Guard return due to Presidential incompetence
Senior Labor heavyweights, Sustak, Biff and others have returned to Atlasia as Old Labor, with old being the operative word. Seeking to save the Atlasian left from the scourge of the HS Putin puppet, Oregano Based Diet's terrible approval ratings. Will we see a new presidential run former president Biff? will this split labor even more than it is? Will they actually defend the constitution? It remains to be seen beyond  Biff endorsing Commit Crimes, Pursue Power for ones own Enrichment and Pursuing Personal Vendettas.  

Pieman attacks nonexistent platforms
Presidential Candidate, The Pieman, attacked both Labor and Federalists for policies they don't actually hold. In multiple rambling speeches attacking in every political direction called out policies that aren't held by either of the major parties. Both former President, Chinesegoosberrycles, and Southern Senator Moo'Ah Dib called out the baseless attacks.

Quote from: Former President, Chinesegooseberrycles, in response to The Pieman
I see the opposition are recycling the dumbest US politics talking points from Twitter, instead of bothering to do any research about the record of the Atlasian Labor Party.

Quote from: Southern Senator, Moo'ah Dib, in response to The Pieman
You clearly have NO idea what you are talking about regarding the Federalists. Neither of those things are even close to true.

In both cases the presidential candidate double down on the craziness. This publication believes that most likely explanation for Pieman's strange behavior is confusing Atlasian politics with the VR video game Real Life. A healthly dose of Real Life has done wonders for the personal growth of many Atlasians. However Real Life has been know to be an addiction for many an Atlasian.

Relief at not naming new party in Aussie style
Former President, Great Scott, founder of the Bull Labor Moose Party, has left the party that he founded. CIS has been informed that former president is grateful he didn't the Australian style of party naming. It was initially an option however due to not being member of the egotistical faction of the labor party, he decided against name, Scott's Bull Moose Party. The former president after joining Old Labor was overheard saying "It wouldn't have been good branding choice, especially now, LOL."  

Incompetent Senator needs others to tell him what racism is
A Labor Senator seems to not know what racism is and wants to publicly fund organisations using unconstitutional means to tell him what it and who is doing it. The senator in question was heard to say "I keep hearing the N word, and not just from those vile federalists either." When challenged as to what the N word he was referring to was he said to have responded with "a word that meant the negation of something." When further pressed it was revealed to be a two letter word staring with "N" and ending in "O".  Our sources inform us that the senator said "I believe its extremely racist to say that word. Every time I want to do something authoritarian, that's nicely neolib and moderate, they all say the N word at me."

Come In Spinner is a "satirical source of truth". The contents of the publication are satire an should not be take seriously. If you are offended by a joke I suggest you consult your teddy bear, mother, or take this test. Upon request, proverbial concrete can be made available to harden up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies