Public Office of the Pericles Administration (Farewell address)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:34:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Pericles Administration (Farewell address)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Public Office of the Pericles Administration (Farewell address)  (Read 5769 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2020, 07:25:39 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2020, 12:16:07 AM by President Pericles »

The Pericles Administration-Public Office

Photo 1 ; Andreykr/Dreamstime.com aerial photo of the White House

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 07:27:33 PM »

Inaugural Address

I have just taken the Oath of Office and sworn in as your President. It is a great honor and humbling responsibility, and I will take this role seriously and give it my absolute best effort.

Before speaking further, I would like to thank the outgoing President Adam Griffin for his service to the game. He has truly been an excellent President, and I am proud to have been part of his administration. As well as a great President, he has also been a great friend to me. I want to assure him and all of you that we will continue with our current direction as long as I am President, and I will secure and build upon his legacy. Finally, I give my best wishes to him with his real life issues-I fully understand that real life comes above Atlasia. I look forward to his return and future contributions.

Atlasians can rest assured that I will provide responsible and stable leadership. In the immediate future, I will be nominating Senator Peanut to serve as Vice President, and I hope that the Senate confirms him quickly. Our administration will make a renewed push to enact our progressive vision for Atlasia, and this will be seen in the coming days and weeks.

More broadly, we will run an open and transparent administration. I will create a new administration Discord server, and send out a public invite for anyone who is interested to join and see their administration hard at work. I invite feedback from all sides, and especially now I hope you the people make your voices heard.

While it is sad to see President Griffin go, I remain hopeful and filled with immense optimism and excitement for the future of our nation. There is still much work to be done, to create an even greater Atlasia. I look forward to getting started, and to the progress that we will make together.

Thank you, and Dave bless Atlasia.

*AP photo of President Obama's 2009 inauguration link

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 07:37:09 PM »

In before this thread gets continuously clogged with fhtagn’s screeching.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »

Here is a link to the administration Discord server, all Atlasians are welcome to join.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 05:37:40 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2020, 07:16:04 PM by President Pericles »

Applications Open for DPC and NSC
Applications are now open for members of the Domestic Policy Council and the National Security Council. I desire around 6 members for both. To be clear, the Vice President will be an automatic member of both and the Secretary of State will be an automatic member of the NSC. To apply, either post below or send me a PM (either Atlas or Discord are fine). Please justify why you think you would be suitable for membership on these councils and what you think you could add. Just to reiterate standard practice here, I will be judging these based on merit, no political deals will be made.

I was thinking of opening applications for cabinet positions, but I have decided already that I will not be making any changes right now as to membership of cabinet. Therefore, I do not think there is any point having an application process there.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »

Mr. President,

I would like to state my intent on joining either the DPC or NSC. As someone with heavy research into policy, I would be an ample fit in crafting directives and strategies to pass the Pericles Doctrine. My heavy-handed work with crafting policy in Fremont and Lincoln, along with running the A.C.L.O. as the most active SIG in recent Atlasian history, merely counts as testament that I can indeed help this administration walk the walk instead of being all talk.

Thank You Mr. President, Minister PSOL.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 07:32:13 PM »

Please appoint me chair of the DPC so that I can abolish it.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »

Please appoint to the DPC so that I can help abolish it.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 04:50:47 AM »

I am open to being appoonted to either council. While timezone differences limited my potential during the tmth administration (which led me to not apply for the Griffin administration); I think I can still bring many ideas on several fields of policy. I have been an active policymaker in the past so I think I can continue to be active.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 04:48:01 PM »

Open to being appointed to either council, preference for continuing in my current role at NSC. I've actively served in councils under Presidents Tmth and Griffin and have always put forth my honest opinion during debates instead of just toeing a party line or agreeing with everything proposed. With respect to foreign policy I am something of a unique perspective as a Dove who is critical of the size of the military budget.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »

With respect to foreign policy I am something of a unique perspective as a Dove who is critical of the size of the military budget.
I don't think this perspective is exactly unique in Atlasia.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 11:05:38 PM »

I have promised to act on gun violence, and I am determined to deliver on that goal as your President. As a first step, I issued this executive order today. There is a lot more to come in this area from our administration (not to do too much campaigning here-but of course there will be a lot more done if I win the presidential election).
Quote from: EO 49 #002
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is directed to publish an annual report-in December of each year-on firearms trafficking levels, progress made towards combating firearms trafficking in that year, reflection on areas for improvement, and measurable goals for the coming year for how to achieve further progress in this regard.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 12:25:16 AM »

I will close applications for the NSC and DPC in the next day or two, and then get back to applicants and form my NSC and DPC. I am sure that we will have a talented team with those who have already applied, but I don't want anyone to miss out-so I'm keeping this opportunity open to maximise the potential of this administration.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 01:17:36 AM »

Please appoint to the DPC so that I can help abolish it.
Please appoint to the DPC so that I can also help abolish it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 11:08:23 PM »

When I started my search for council members, I was confident that I could assemble a talented team of individuals with a range of worldviews. I was not wrong. I'm proud to appoint my National Security Council and Domestic Policy Council. This is a strong team, and I have total faith that we will come together and achieve great things for Atlasia in my presidency.
Quote from: EO 49 #004
Council appointments
The following individuals are appointed to the National Security Council and granted the necessary security clearance;
-Jimmy7812
-PSOL
-tack50
-tmthforu94
-Scott
-Wulfric

The sitting Vice President and Secretary of State shall be automatic members of the National Security Council in the Pericles administration.

The following individuals are appointed to the Domestic Policy Council;
-Jimmy7812
-PSOL
-S019
-tack50
-Wulfric

The sitting Vice President and Attorney General shall be automatic members of the Domestic Policy Council in the Pericles administration.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 09:48:49 PM »

Applications Open for Comptroller General
Applications are now open for Comptroller General. Please see section 4 of the Game Engine Reconstruction Act for more info on what this position involves.
Section 4: Comptroller General
i. The president shall appoint the comptroller general with the advice and consent of the Senate, and shall serve at the pleasure of the president.
ii. The comptroller general shall have power:
(a) to project the cost of legislation passed by Congress or by the several regions, and the amount of revenue raised by such taxes as they may levy;
(b) to publish unemployment numbers and other economic statistics for the nation and the several regions;
(c) to report the state of the national and global economy.
iv. The comptroller general may not hold any other elected or appointed office in either the Federal or Regional Governments.

To apply, similar to DPC and NSC applications, please either post below or send me a PM (either Atlas or Discord are fine). Please justify why you think you would be suitable for the Comptroller General position and what you think you could add. I want applications in within the next few days and want to have a Comptroller General nominated no more than a week from now.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 03:23:44 AM »

Applications are now open for Comptroller General. Please see section 4 of the Game Engine Reconstruction Act for more info on what this position involves.
i. The president shall appoint the comptroller general with the advice and consent of the Senate, and shall serve at the pleasure of the president.
(a) to project the cost of legislation passed by Congress or by the several regions, and the amount of revenue raised by such taxes as they may levy;
(b) to publish unemployment numbers and other economic statistics for the nation and the several regions;
iv. The comptroller general may not hold any other elected or appointed office in either the Federal or Regional Governments.

To apply, similar to DPC and NSC applications, please either post below or send me a PM (either Atlas or Discord are fine). Please justify why you think you would be suitable for the Comptroller General position and what you think you could add. I want applications in within the next few days and want to have a Comptroller General nominated no more than a week from now.

Just want to remind people of this to ensure I get a qualified Comptroller General. If you are interested you can still apply.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 05:20:18 AM »

I feared we would struggle to fill this post.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »

For all practical purposes, we've been struggling to fill this post since the reset and even before then. I went through three (I think?) deputies as GM when the position was for all intents and purposes what the CG is now.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 06:55:44 PM »

For all practical purposes, we've been struggling to fill this post since the reset and even before then. I went through three (I think?) deputies as GM when the position was for all intents and purposes what the CG is now.

If you want to put time scales, we have been struggling with this for over a decade.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 07:12:31 PM »

I am interested, but would need to resign my post in the CoD. What are the experience requirements?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 11:24:24 AM »

I am interested in this post.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 11:39:36 PM »

Visit to Tennessee tornado victims & statement

Tornado damage in Tennessee*
The federal government is taking an active response to damaging tornadoes in Tennessee that have killed 25 people so far, with others still missing and extensive damage having taken place. President Pericles visited disaster areas in Tennessee, and met with Southern Governor West_Midlander, along with local officials. The President also spoke with disaster victims and offered his support. Earlier, President Pericles declared three affected counties as federal disaster areas, in order to get aid more quickly to those affected.

"At this time, we must work together and pull through this disaster. I extend my deep condolences to those who lost friends and family this week. Also, thank you very much to FEMA and the volunteers who are helping recover and rebuild. I want to assure Tennesseeans that Atlasia is with you, and the federal government is giving our full support.  I am doing everything in my power to help Tennessee recover. Help is on the way."-President Pericles speaking in Putnam County, Tennessee

"First, I would like to thank our Southern National Guard and our federal recovery workers for their help in the rescue of persons injured or trapped and in the rehabilitation of the areas damaged by the tornados in Tennessee. I would also like to thank President Pericles for his rapid response to this natural disaster and for visiting the area with me, in an effort to console the victims of this tragedy. The President, myself, and the recovery forces on the ground in this state are working to accelerate the recovery of this area."-Southern Governor West_Midlander speaking with President Pericles in Putnam County

*Photo of tornado debris in Cookeville, Tennessee, by Troy Stolt/Chattanooga Times Free Press via AP link
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2020, 03:46:18 AM »

Coronavirus speech
As a nation, we face a serious crisis in the coronavirus pandemic. The federal government is taking swift and decisive action here. I take full responsibility for our efforts here-you can count on me to do everything I possibly can to combat this pandemic. I have just issued an executive order on coronavirus with several key measures. Elective surgeries in federal hospitals are banned. A travel ban-not applying to trade and not to Atlasian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate families-is imposed on the Schengen Area, China, Iran, South Korea, Japan and the United Kingdom. Until July 1, no cruise ships shall be docking in Atlasia. Additionally, all those arriving in Atlasia will be required to self-isolate for two weeks. All national parks, museums and federally funded schools will be closed. The federal government won't be hosting mass gatherings, and I strongly warn against other mass gatherings taking place-while we have limited options to stopping these they are public health risks. To be clear, all these measures take effect at 11:03 pm EST on 15 March.

This will be a difficult time for our nation. As well as a public health crisis, there will be social and economic difficulties. My administration will be working on an economic stimulus package in the coming days to help out businesses in need at this time. To be clear though, public health has to be the number one priority at this time-and we do need to make sacrifices as a result. Further measures remain on the table, in the next few weeks I will review our policies here. I also hope to receive Congress' bill on coronavirus on my desk as soon as possible, and I will sign it.

The objective here is to flatten the curve. Unfortunately, at this point coronavirus will spread and we will have a large number of cases. It is important that we do everything we can to slow the spread of coronavirus. That way, we can avoid a tsunami of cases all at once overwhelming the ability of hospitals to cope. To slow the spread, we need to take measures like social distancing and self isolation. We must also practice general good hygiene such as regular washing of hands, and additionally handshakes and hugs are unwise right now and stuff like fistbumps are preferable. If you are sick, please stay home and self-isolate. While this is hard, it is important that you don't spread coronavirus and get others sick, especially since that could endanger those more vulnerable than you. Please listen to and take the advice of public health experts. Please avoid all non-essential travel overseas too, as this risks you bringing coronavirus with you when you return, and bare in mind the travel ban applies to travel to the designated countries as well.

In this difficult time, we are all in this together. Let's show a spirit of consideration, kindness and generosity. And racism and bigotry is as unacceptable as ever. Additionally, panic buying is unnecessary, but even more than that it is actively unhelpful. Think of those who are not in a position to be panic-buying, like first responders and the poor. If people behave responsibly, everyone can have what they need. And finally, while coronavirus is serious-it is definitely worse than the flu-the fatality rate is low at around 2%. I have absolute confidence that we can pull through and overcome this.

Thank you very much.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2020, 08:14:28 PM »

I have just nominated a new Comptroller General. It was a challenging search and to be honest I struggled to find suitable individuals for this role. Ultimately, I managed to find Clyde and he accepted. Clyde has experience in this area, having previously been Game Moderator. He has promised that he will be active in this role and when he was last active in Atlasia he made a stellar contribution. The GM Department has struggled for a long time-we now have a chance to fully restore it. Clyde has the qualifications and I trust he is up to the task, I hope the Senate reaches the same view.
Quote from: from EO 49 #007
Clyde1998 is nominated to the role of Comptroller General.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies