The White House: The Pericles Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:52:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: The Pericles Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The White House: The Pericles Administration  (Read 10162 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2020, 07:20:38 PM »
« edited: February 29, 2020, 07:57:41 PM by President Pericles »

The Pericles Administration

Photo 1 ; Andreykr/Dreamstime.com aerial photo of the White House
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2020, 07:27:12 PM by President Pericles »

Inaugural Address

I have just taken the Oath of Office and sworn in as your President. It is a great honor and humbling responsibility, and I will take this role seriously and give it my absolute best effort.

Before speaking further, I would like to thank the outgoing President Adam Griffin for his service to the game. He has truly been an excellent President, and I am proud to have been part of his administration. As well as a great President, he has also been a great friend to me. I want to assure him and all of you that we will continue with our current direction as long as I am President, and I will secure and build upon his legacy. Finally, I give my best wishes to him with his real life issues-I fully understand that real life comes above Atlasia. I look forward to his return and future contributions.

Atlasians can rest assured that I will provide responsible and stable leadership. In the immediate future, I will be nominating Senator Peanut to serve as Vice President, and I hope that the Senate confirms him quickly. Our administration will make a renewed push to enact our progressive vision for Atlasia, and this will be seen in the coming days and weeks.

More broadly, we will run an open and transparent administration. I will create a new administration Discord server, and send out a public invite for anyone who is interested to join and see their administration hard at work. I invite feedback from all sides, and especially now I hope you the people make your voices heard.

While it is sad to see President Griffin go, I remain hopeful and filled with immense optimism and excitement for the future of our nation. There is still much work to be done, to create an even greater Atlasia. I look forward to getting started, and to the progress that we will make together.

Thank you, and Dave bless Atlasia.

*AP photo of President Obama's 2009 inauguration link
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2020, 01:40:37 AM by President Pericles »

Quote from: EO 49 #001
Peanut is nominated to the role of Vice President.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »

The new President really should award some OSAs on behalf of the outgoing president. Griffin is now Atlasia's longest serving president, and he'll certainly have many people he feels deserve recognition. To me it's clear in his haste he forgot to award any OSAs prior to resigning, so the new president really should remedy this unfortunate oversight.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 01:58:20 AM »

Got a few bills to sign;
MILITARY JUSTICE ACT

HOUSE BILL

Be it resolved in the Atlasian Congress Assembled,

SECTION 1.

1. This Act may be cited as the "Military Justice Act”.

SECTION 2.
1. It is hereby prohibited for any crime to be punishable by death under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
House of Representatives
Passed the House of Representatives 6-1-0-2
X YE
People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-1-0-2 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled

House of Representatives (amended version)
Passed 4-2-1-2 in the Atlasian House Assembled

President of Congress

A BILL
A bill to establish the rights of passengers in the cases of several flight incidents

Be it enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,
Air Travel Bill of Rights
SECTION 1. APPLICABILITY
1. This bill shall establish the rights of passengers and the duties of airlines in case of:
a) Flight delays
b) Flight cancellations
c) Overbooking and boarding denials
d) Unwillful class upgrades and downgrades
e) Lost, damaged or delayed luggage
f) A natural disaster
2. The regulations established by this act shall apply to:
a) All domestic flights within the Republic of Atlasia
b) All international flights departing from the Republic of Atlasia
c) All international flights arriving to the Republic of Atlasia and flown by an Atlasian airline
3. The regulations established by this act shall not apply to passengers who did not check in on time to their flight

SECTION II. FLIGHT RIGHTS
1. The right to assistance shall be defined as the right for passengers to be provided by airlines:
a) Adequate food and drink vouchers
b) A stay at a hotel and transportation to and from said hotel and the airport, if an overnight stay is required for the passengers to be transported to their destination
2. The right to economic compensation shall be defined as the right for passengers to demand, and the duty of airlines to pay within 14 days to passengers:
a) 250$ for flights shorter than 900 miles
b) 400$ for flights between 900 and 1900 miles
c) 600$ for flights longer than 1900 miles
3. The right to reimbursement or re-routing shall be defined as the right of passengers to demand to airlines, and for the airlines to provide a choice between:
a) Reimbursement of their flight tickets, and if applicable, a return flight to the airport of departure
b) Re-routing to their final destination at the earliest opportunity
4. The right to rebook or cancel with reimberusement if the passenger is flying directly towards or from a federally or regionally declared disaster area within 3 days or can prove that they are scheduled to travel to the disaster area within 3 days of the flight.

SECTION III. FLIGHT DELAYS
1. Air passengers shall be granted the right to assistance as specified in Section II.1 by airlines if their flight is delayed by at least:
a) 2 hours, in cases of a flight distance shorter than 900 miles
b) 3 hours, in cases of a flight distance of between 900 miles and 1900 miles
c) 4 hours, in cases of a flight distance of at least 1900 miles
2. Passengers shall also receive the right to economic compensation as specified in Section II.2 if their arrival at their final destination at least 3 hours after their initial scheduled arrival time:
3. Section III.2 shall not apply if the delay is caused by extraordinary and unavoidable circumstances.
4. Passengers shall also be given the right to a full reimbursement of their flight costs instead if the delay is of at least 5 hours.

SECTION IV. FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
1. A flight cancellation shall be defined as:
a) Whenever the original flight is abandoned and passengers are transferred to another scheduled flight
b) Whenever the aircraft takes off but was forced to return to the airport of departure and passengers are transferred to another flight
c) Whenever the flight arrives at an airport which is not the final destination indicated in the passenger's ticket, unless said airport also serves the same city
2. In the case of a flight cancellation, passengers shall be granted the right to reimbursement or re-routing as specified in Section II.3
3. Passengers shall also get the right to assistance as specified in Section II.1
4. Passengers shall also get the right to the compensation specified in Section II.2, unless they were informed at least 14 days before the departure of the flight or the flight was cancelled due to extraordinary and unavoidable circumstances

SECTION V. OVERBOOKING AND BOARDING DENIALS
1. Passengers who are denied boarding shall have the following rights:
a) Economic compensation as specified in Section II.3
b) The right to choose between reimbursement or re-routing as specified in Section II.2
c) The right to assistance as specified in Section II.1
2. Section V.1 shall not apply if passengers are denied boarding for the following reasons:
a) Safety, security or health reasons
b) Not having the correct travel documents

SECTION VI. UNWILLFUL CLASS UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES
1. Passengers who are upgraded against their will can't be requested any additional payments by airlines
2. Passengers who are downgraded against their will shall have the right to reimbursement of a percentage of the price of their ticket as follows:
a) 30% for flights shorter than 900 miles
b) 50% for flights between 900 and 1900 miles
c) 75% for flights longer than 1900 miles
3. Passengers on connecting flights can only be reimbursed for the flight which was downgraded and not for the entire journey.

SECTION VII. LOST, DAMAGED OR DELAYED LUGGAGE
1. If a passenger's checked-in luggage is lost, damaged or delayed, the airline is liable and the passenger shall be entitled to compensation up to 1300$.
2. If a passenger's flight is a departure flight starting at an airport closer to their home than their arrival airport, airlines may instead provide compensation of 50$ per day and per passenger whose luggage got lost; until:
a) Said luggage is returned to the passenger,
b) The airline gives up on finding the luggage, at which point passengers shall have the right to luggage compensation specified in Section VII.1
c) 15 days from the departure of the flight have passed, at which point passengers shall have the right to luggage compensation specified in Section VII.1.

SECTION VIII. ENACTMENT
1. This bill shall become enacted immediately after passage
People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

House of Representatives
Passed 8-0-0-1 in the Atlasian House Assembled

People's Regional Senate (amended version)
Passed 4-0-0-2 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled

President of Congress

A BILL
To establish a farm and ranch stress assistance network

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in Congress assembled,
Assistance to Rural Farm Stress Act

SECTION 1. FINDINGS.
Congress finds the following
1. Agricultural work continues to be highly stressful, characterized by uncertainty, and subject to changing market conditions, the unpredictable nature of weather, and other factors beyond the control of agricultural producers
2. Individuals working in agriculture have the highest overall suicide rate among all occupations
3. Access to behavioral health care is often limited among individuals working in agriculture due to time and geographical constraints
4. Agricultural workers are in need of specialized behavioral health programs that are affordable, available as needed, and carried out with understanding of concerns specific to agricultural work

SECTION 2. FARM AND RANCH STRESS ASSISTANCE NETWORKS.

(a) State Networks.—
(1) Grants.—The regions shall establish a (NPC) program providing competitive grants to State departments of agriculture, State cooperative extension services, and nonprofit organizations.
(2) Eligibility.—Eligibility for competitive grants provided under paragraph (1) shall only be provided in which the purpose of which is to establish a rural stress assistance network to provide stress assistance programs to affected individuals, including counseling and support through—
 (A) telephone helplines and internet websites
 (B) training for advocates for affected individuals and other individuals or entities that may assist affected individuals in crises
 (C) support groups
 (D) outreach services and activities
 (E) home delivery of assistance
(3) Use of Funds.—A competitive grant provided under this subsection may be used to enter into a contract with a community-based, direct-service organization to initiate, expand, or maintain an eligible cooperative program in the State.

(b) National Network.—
(1) Establishment.—The Secretary of Internal Affairs shall establish a National Rural Stress Assistance Network to coordinate stress assistance programs on a national scale for affected individuals
(2) Director.—The Secretary of Internal Affairs shall appoint an individual in the Department of Agriculture to be the Director of the national network.

(c) Authorization Of Appropriations
1. There is authorized to be appropriated to the each region , to carry out activities through the national network and State networks, $5,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2021 through 2025.

SECTION 3. REPORTS TO CONGRESS.
(a) Report.—
(1) In General.—One year after the enactment of this act, a report describing the state of behavioral and mental health in farmers and ranchers shall be submitted to Congress, and made publicly available.
(2) Contents of Report.—The report under paragraph (1) shall include—
 (A) an assessment of efforts made to support the mental health of farmers and ranchers by the federal, state, entities of local government, and communities that are comprised of farmers and ranchers
 (B) a description of challenges faced by farmers and ranchers, including financial, medical, and other challenges, that may impact the mental health of farmers and ranchers
 (C) an evaluation of the impact of farmer and rancher suicides on the agricultural workforce, production, and rural families

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

House of Representatives
Passed 8-0-0-1 in the Atlasian House Assembled

People's Regional Senate(amended version)

President of Congress

A BILL

To strengthen trans rights and fund their required treatment

SECTION I. Definitions
1. A person known as Transgender shall be defined as someone with a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their sex assigned at birth.
2. A person known as Cisgender shall be defined as someone with a gender identity or gender expression that coincides with their sex assigned at birth.

SECTION II. LGBT Support Services Tax
1. The Federal Government of Atlasia shall levy a tax of 4 cents per $100 dollars on luxury items purchases across state lines.
a. Luxury items are defined as any tangible or intangible item with a fair market value of $100,000 or more
b. All housing purchases shall be excluded from the above tax
2. The Department of Health and Human Services shall establish a division, hereby referred to as the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health Agency (LGBTHA).
3. The funds raised by this tax shall be used to fund the LGBTHA.
4. The Department of Health and Human Services shall take all appropriate steps to fund healthcare for Atlasians who wish to medically transition their gender.

SECTION III. Further protecting Trans rights
1. No federal government agency shall discriminate against any Atlasian because of their sexual orientation or self identification.
2. Transgender Atlasians will not be denied housing, employment, etc. based on their self identified gender or status as transgender Atlasians.
3. Treatments for transgender Atlasians as prescribed by a certified psychologist shall be covered by AtlasCare, as defined in Section 2 of the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017

SECTION IV. Enactment
1. This bill shall become enacted immediately after passage
People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

House of Representatives
Passed 5-2-0-2 in the Atlasian House Assembled

People's Regional Senate(amended version)

President of Congress

A BILL
To protect the rights of people on the internet

Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress
Section I. (1.) - Name of the Act
(1) This Act shall be known as the The Internet Rights Act of 2019  
(2) This shall be also known by its abbreviated form being T.I.RA.
Section II. (2.) - Purpose of the Act
(1) The purpose of this Act is to ensure that Atlasian citizens receive the same protections online as they do in the real world. The internet is rapidly becoming a bigger and bigger part of society, and our laws must be up to date to reflect that.
Section III. (3.) - Definitions of the Act
(1) Net neutrality shall refer to the regulations entailing that internet service providers (or ISPs) must maintain the same internet speed for all websites.
(2) Terms and conditions refers to contractual obligations given by companies to users.      
Section IV. (4.)- Content of the Act
(1) RIGHTS- Atlasian citizens shall be guaranteed the following rights online.
(a) Right to net neutrality.
(i) No corporation, internet service provider or hereabout shall sell bandwidth for money that is faster for those that can pay.
(ii) Net neutrality’s affect on internet quality is debatable, however it is clear that a free and fair internet cannot exist without it.
(b) Right to free speech in public forums.
(i) This entails that privately owned companies that let users post/express their opinions should be regulated as public utilities, so that free speech is upheld and protected by the Atlasian Government.
(ii) If users have violated terms and conditions or are engaging in harmful harassment, they may have their speech halted.
(c) Right to privacy.
(i) This entails that the personal information and data of internet users may not be stored or distributed without explicit permission to do so via terms and conditions.
(ii) This right may be bypassed in the case of a criminal investigation.
(d) Right to terms and conditions.
(i) The terms and conditions of a website or program must be approved by the user before the terms may apply.
(ii) The terms and conditions must be available for viewing by users at all times through the program or site.
(iii) All users must be notified of any changes to the terms and conditions, and if they wish to, they shall have the option to terminate their agreement at these points.
(2) FINES-Any business or internet service proven to have violated any of the rights listed in subsection (4(1)) shall be fined, no less than ten (1) thousand dollars per violation. This shall remain so through the 3rd violation followed by the ten times increase in the fines of each accordance.
(3) ENFORCEMENT-The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) shall enforce the content of this bill nation-wide upon its passage.
(4) EFFECTS-This bill shall go into effect upon passage of the Congress and signature of the President.
Passed the House of Representatives 6-0-0-3
X YE
People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-0-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled

President of Congress

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 01:59:38 AM »

Census Act of 2019
To Provide Guidelines and Procedures for the Federal Census
Section 1. Overview
1. This bill shall be titled the “Census Act of 2019”, or simply the “Census Act”.
2. The following federal laws are hereby repealed:
a. F.L. 13-51: The Fixing Deregistration Act
b. F.L. 17-01: The Close the Regional Change Loophole Act of 2019
c. F.L. 17-06: The Region Moving Grace Period Act
3. All subsequent federal census legislation that is passed shall be considered as amending this act, and shall be added accordingly on the wiki page for this act.

Section 2. The Census
1. The Cabinet member assigned the portfolio of Census Administrator shall maintain a census document listing all registered voters in Atlasia. For each voter, the census shall list:
a. Their permanent Atlas Forum username
b. The federal and regional political parties they are registered with
c. The state they are registered in
d. The region they reside in
e. Whether or not the voter voted or attempted to vote in each of the last three federal elections.
f. If, according to the provisions of this act, a voter is presently ineligible to move regions, the date by which they shall become eligible to move regions
2. The Census shall be made publicly available to view by all Atlasian citizens.
3. The Census Administrator shall publicly update the census regularly; they are recommended to do so once per week.
4. At least ninety-six hours prior to the start of any federal election, the Census Administrator shall post a public census update indicating the registered voter roll exactly as it stood one hundred and sixty-eight hours prior to the start of the election, so that all citizens shall have access to the accurate list of voters with eligible registrations for the election.
5. Following a federal election, the Census Administrator shall, with all appropriate haste, post an update in which they clearly indicate the voters who have been automatically deregistered according to the provisions of this act, as well as update the census document to reflect these deregistrations.

Section 3. Registration
1. The Census Administrator shall manage a thread on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board titled “New Register Thread”. All voluntary registrations and registration changes must be made in this thread.
2. To register, a poster must post in this thread indicating the state in which they wish to register and their party affiliation of choice.
3. To change their registration, a poster must indicate which state and/or political party they wish to change to.
4. In the event of a misspelling or a poster referring to their party or state of choice in an indirect manner, if the intent of the registration is clear, the Census Administrator shall act accordingly.
5. All valid new registrations or changes to registration shall be reflected on or prior to the first non-election census update occurring at least twelve hours after the registration, and on all subsequent census updates thereafter until the registration is modified or removed. A new registration shall only be reflected on an election census update if said registration was made in time to be eligible for the election in question.
6.Any registered voter may, subject to the provisions of this act, choose to deregister from Atlasia. If valid, the voter’s registration shall be removed on or prior to the first census update occurring at least twelve hours after the deregistration.
7. No voter may alter their state of registration or deregister during the “protected period”, which shall begin one hundred and sixty-eight hours prior to any regularly scheduled federal election and conclude upon the conclusion of the voting period. All attempts to do so during this period shall be invalid.
8.In order to be eligible to register, a poster’s Atlas Forum account must have been registered for at least one hundred and sixty-eight hours and must have accumulated at least fifteen posts.
9. If a poster attempts to register without having met one or more of the requirements, but is able to reach all requirements within one week of the registration attempt, then that poster’s registration shall take effect at that point. If a poster has not met all requirements within one week, then the registration attempt is void.
10. Changes to a voter's region of registration shall take effect twenty-four (24) hours after their posting in the New Register Thread; and the voter may reverse the change at any time before this period has elapsed. Having made such a reversal, no voter shall change their region of registration until three hundred sixty (360) hours have elapsed.

Section 4. Moving
1. For a voter to change their state of registration, the voter must request such a change outside of a protected period and must not have changed their state of registration within the last twenty-four hours.
2. If a voter has been registered in more than one region over the previous one hundred and eighty days, they cannot register outside the region they were most recently registered in.

Section 5. Deregistration.
1. A voter may be deregistered by the following methods:
a. If the voter voluntarily chooses to deregister in the New Register Thread outside of a protected period;
b. If the voter is deregistered through a duel or other method of mutually-agreed potential deregistration agreement as established by law;
c. If the voter is permanently banned from the Atlas Forum, and this fact is confirmed by forum moderators; or
d. If the voter does not cast a ballot, valid or invalid, in three consecutive regularly scheduled federal elections.
2. If a voter deregisters voluntarily, they may not register again until three hundred and thirty-six[/b]  hours have passed.

Section 6. Party Organization
1. If the membership of an organized political party, by vote of a quorum, which shall be a majority of all members of that party, decides that it wishes to change the name of that party, then the Registrar General shall, upon notification of the results by an officer of the party in question, change the official party membership of all members registered within that party to the new name approved by the party membership. (Continuation of F.L. 15-05§2.1)
2. No formal organized political party may use the registration "Independent", nor may any party change its name to one occupied by an existing party (Continuation of F.L. 15-05§2.2)
3. Two or more parties may, with the approval of each of their chairs, reach a merger agreement between them which clearly indicates the name, leadership, and (provisional or permanent) bylaws of the resultant party. If the membership of each of the parties within the agreement, by vote of a quorum, which shall be a majority of all members of that party, decides to approve the agreement within 30 days of each other, then the Registrar General shall, upon notification of the results by an officer of the party in question, change the official party membership of all remaining members registered within that party to the name of the resultant party specified within the agreement. (Continuation of F.L. 15-05§2.4)
4. The name of the resultant party must adhere to Clause 2 of this section, except that the resultant party may use the name of a party within the agreement.
5. A party may revoke its assent to the agreement, provided at least one of the parties within the agreement has not yet given it, by a declaration of the chair, a second vote by the quorum, which shall be a majority of all members of the party, or by any other method specified by the party bylaws.
6. Outside of the cases described in this section, the Census Administrator may not change a voter’s party registration unless the change is requested by the voter.
7. No provision of this section shall be construed to preclude any individual from choosing to revert to their previous registration if it is altered by one or more provisions of this Act. (Continuation of F.L. 15-05§2.5)
8. The majority of the party membership shall have the supreme power within a party, subject to federal law, and may remove or elect a chair or adopt, modify, or revoke party bylaws at any time. If no such majority action is taken, the governance of the party, subject to federal law, shall be dictated by the bylaws. In the absence of relevant bylaws, the party chair, subject to federal law and the supreme power of a majority, shall have absolute authority to govern the party.
9. Should a party not have bylaws detailing the procedure for selecting a party chair, any party member may declare themselves chair provided the chairmanship is vacant.
10. In the absence of an official chair, the party member with the longest continuous registration in said party shall be considered acting chair, however the chairmanship shall be considered vacant for the purposes of subsection 6.9.

Section 7. Instantaneity
1. All valid registrations, registration changes, and deregistrations shall be considered to take place as soon as the requisite conditions and/or requests are made, irrespective of when said changes are factored into the census document.

Section 8. Effective Date
1. All censuses conducted by the Census Administrator between June 9, 2016 and passage of this Act are retroactively granted legitimacy under this act.
2. This act shall take effect upon passage by both houses of Congress and signature of the President of Atlasia.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 7-0-0-2 in the Atlasian House Assembled

President of Congress

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »

Quote from: EO 49 #002
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is directed to publish an annual report-in December of each year-on firearms trafficking levels, progress made towards combating firearms trafficking in that year, reflection on areas for improvement, and measurable goals for the coming year for how to achieve further progress in this regard.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 08:28:57 PM »

At the request of Sestak, Lincoln will get new government buildings. It seems these buildings aren't used federally anyway due to the differences with rl.
Quote from: EO 49 #003
The Lincoln government are given permission to use the Daniel P Moynihan courthouse in New York City and the Customs House building in Pennsylvania as their new government buildings. While official ownership of these buildings is retained by the federal government, the Lincoln government shall be free to manage and if necessary alter the buildings as they choose, and there shall not be federal government interference in this area.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 08:03:29 PM »

Mr. President, the following bills have passed both houses of Congress and are awaiting your signature.

Continued Sanctions & Arms Suspension Against Saudi Arabia (CSASASA) Act

Section 1.

The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognises that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has unlawfully, and illegally targeted civilians in it's air campaign against Yemen, and hereby calls for a full UN-led investigation into all crimes, and acts of aggression by the Saudi-led air coalition.

SECTION 2

A.) All Military Aid, including both lethal and non-lethal supplies to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shall continue to be suspended. This ban shall only be lifted after a majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.
B.) Any arms, aerospace or other company providing Military equipment, logistical support or defence personnel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not be allowed to bid for future contracts with the Government of Atlasia.

Section 3.

A.) All assets belonging to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shall continued to be frozen, and an immediate travel ban is placed on all High Ranking Government and Military personnel from Saudi Arabia from entering the Republic of Atlasia.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 4-1-1-3 in the Atlasian House Assembled

Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Regional Senate

A BILL

To protect the right of Atlasian players to have their personal real life identities kept secret

Section I: Title

1. This Act may be cited as the "Real Life Protections Criminal Code Reform Act".

Section II: The Amendment

1. Section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act of 2016 is amended as follows:

i. The following shall be crimes against Atlasia:
(a) Impersonation. This offense shall be defined as the impersonation of another Atlas Forum member, be they a citizen of the Republic of Atlasia or not, within the territory of the Republic of Atlasia.
(b) Identity Theft. This offence shall be defined as the illicit taking of control by any means of another Atlas Forum member's person account, be they a citizen of the republic or not, without explicit and provable consent.
(c) Voter Fraud. This offence shall be defined as the creation of identities other than a citizen's primary identity in the Republic of Atlasia and subsequently entering this identity into the tally of registered voters.
1. If a citizen no longer has access to their previous forum account and wishes to register with a new forum account in Atlasia, then they shall be allowed to do so legally only if they make it clear in the registration thread who they are and which forum account they previously registered under so that the Secretary of Federal Elections may appropriately update the registration without having any duplicate accounts on the voter roll.
2. This shall exclude those who have had their previous account banned from the Atlas Forum.
(d) Electoral Fraud. This offence shall be defined as the manipulation of of the republic's electoral procedures and practices with the aim of fraudulently altering the results of a specific electoral contest.
(e) Electoral Intimidation. This offence shall be defined as the placing of undue pressure on a citizen of the Republic to cast a ballot in a particular way, to not cast a ballot at all, or to invalidate a ballot already cast via direct threats of revenge, blackmail, or retribution. In those cases in which undue pressure has been applied in the form of credible threats to disclose personal information, the offence shall be known as Grievous Electoral Intimidation.
(f) Ballot Tampering. This offense shall be defined as the deletion of a ballot during a period between vote was closed and elected officeholders sworn-in, soliciting to delete a ballot during the same period or deleting a ballot within the election period after 20 minutes of the vote being cast and re-voting within the election period.
(g) Misconduct in Public Office. This offence shall be defined as the abuse of office for provable personal gain by cabinet officials or deputy cabinet officials.
(h) Perjury. This offence shall be defined as "any person who takes an oath before a competent tribunal or officer that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, wilfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true."
(i) Breach of the Peace. This offence shall be defined as the wilful undertaking of activities that though not treasonous nevertheless undermine the stability and security of the Republic of Atlasia.
(j) Malicious Editing of the Wiki. This offence shall be defined as the editing of the Atlasia Wiki with malicious intent.
(k) Improper Behaviour on the Wiki. This offence shall be defined as the knowing violation or flagrant disregard of standards and guidelines for the Atlasia Wiki established by the National Archivist.
(l) Contempt of Court. See Section 5, clause iii of this Act.
(m) Terrorism. This offense shall be defined as the malacious deletion or destruction of threads housing government institutions, voting booths, or the legislation threads of any legislative body in Atlasia.
(n) Doxxing. This offense shall be defined as the disclosal of the personal information of any user of the Atlas Forum either obtained illegally or posted against their will by a citizen of Atlasia.
(o) Blackmail. This offense shall be defined as the threat to disclose personal information about a user of the Atlas Forum, for political or personal gain.

ii. In those cases in which a Crime Against Atlasia has been attempted unsuccessfully, it shall nevertheless be possible to charge a citizen with the offense that they unsuccessfully attempted to commit. In such cases the official record of the charge shall be prefaced with 'Attempted', but no other alterations to procedure shall be made. This applies to all Crimes Against Atlasia with the exception of Obscenity (including Gross Obscenity), Misconduct in Public Office, Perjury, and Contempt of Court.

iii. In those cases in which the perpetrator of a Crime Against Atlasia has been instructed, commissioned, mandated, or otherwise aided by other persons in the planning or execution of the offence in question, then those persons may also be charged with the offence that they conspired to commit. In such cases the record of the charge shall be prefaced with Conspiracy to Commit, but no other alterations to procedure shall be made. It shall not be necessary to charge an individual with a specific Crime Against Atlasia in order to charge other persons in this manner.

Section III: Implementation

1. This bill shall become effective immediatly after passage

2. No provisions of this amendment to the Criminal Justice Act of 2016 shall be applied retroactively.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 5-0-2-2 in the Atlasian House Assembled

Passed 4-0-0-2 in the Atlasian Regional Senate

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »

Signing Statement
A priority of my administration is to have a foreign policy that promotes human rights and democracy, and that we turn our words on this into reality. Therefore, this bill is a perfect fit for that doctrine. Saudi Arabia must be held accountable for its crimes, and so I am proud to sign this bill.

Continued Sanctions & Arms Suspension Against Saudi Arabia (CSASASA) Act

Section 1.

The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognises that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has unlawfully, and illegally targeted civilians in it's air campaign against Yemen, and hereby calls for a full UN-led investigation into all crimes, and acts of aggression by the Saudi-led air coalition.

SECTION 2

A.) All Military Aid, including both lethal and non-lethal supplies to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shall continue to be suspended. This ban shall only be lifted after a majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.
B.) Any arms, aerospace or other company providing Military equipment, logistical support or defence personnel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not be allowed to bid for future contracts with the Government of Atlasia.

Section 3.

A.) All assets belonging to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shall continued to be frozen, and an immediate travel ban is placed on all High Ranking Government and Military personnel from Saudi Arabia from entering the Republic of Atlasia.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 4-1-1-3 in the Atlasian House Assembled

Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Regional Senate

Signing Statement
This is a common sense change and is an important set of protections for players. On a side note, I'm happy that the proposed amendment in the House to try and hijack this to criminalize leaks failed, and I think this does not infringe on free speech but does make the game safer.

A BILL

To protect the right of Atlasian players to have their personal real life identities kept secret

Section I: Title

1. This Act may be cited as the "Real Life Protections Criminal Code Reform Act".

Section II: The Amendment

1. Section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act of 2016 is amended as follows:

i. The following shall be crimes against Atlasia:
(a) Impersonation. This offense shall be defined as the impersonation of another Atlas Forum member, be they a citizen of the Republic of Atlasia or not, within the territory of the Republic of Atlasia.
(b) Identity Theft. This offence shall be defined as the illicit taking of control by any means of another Atlas Forum member's person account, be they a citizen of the republic or not, without explicit and provable consent.
(c) Voter Fraud. This offence shall be defined as the creation of identities other than a citizen's primary identity in the Republic of Atlasia and subsequently entering this identity into the tally of registered voters.
1. If a citizen no longer has access to their previous forum account and wishes to register with a new forum account in Atlasia, then they shall be allowed to do so legally only if they make it clear in the registration thread who they are and which forum account they previously registered under so that the Secretary of Federal Elections may appropriately update the registration without having any duplicate accounts on the voter roll.
2. This shall exclude those who have had their previous account banned from the Atlas Forum.
(d) Electoral Fraud. This offence shall be defined as the manipulation of of the republic's electoral procedures and practices with the aim of fraudulently altering the results of a specific electoral contest.
(e) Electoral Intimidation. This offence shall be defined as the placing of undue pressure on a citizen of the Republic to cast a ballot in a particular way, to not cast a ballot at all, or to invalidate a ballot already cast via direct threats of revenge, blackmail, or retribution. In those cases in which undue pressure has been applied in the form of credible threats to disclose personal information, the offence shall be known as Grievous Electoral Intimidation.
(f) Ballot Tampering. This offense shall be defined as the deletion of a ballot during a period between vote was closed and elected officeholders sworn-in, soliciting to delete a ballot during the same period or deleting a ballot within the election period after 20 minutes of the vote being cast and re-voting within the election period.
(g) Misconduct in Public Office. This offence shall be defined as the abuse of office for provable personal gain by cabinet officials or deputy cabinet officials.
(h) Perjury. This offence shall be defined as "any person who takes an oath before a competent tribunal or officer that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, wilfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true."
(i) Breach of the Peace. This offence shall be defined as the wilful undertaking of activities that though not treasonous nevertheless undermine the stability and security of the Republic of Atlasia.
(j) Malicious Editing of the Wiki. This offence shall be defined as the editing of the Atlasia Wiki with malicious intent.
(k) Improper Behaviour on the Wiki. This offence shall be defined as the knowing violation or flagrant disregard of standards and guidelines for the Atlasia Wiki established by the National Archivist.
(l) Contempt of Court. See Section 5, clause iii of this Act.
(m) Terrorism. This offense shall be defined as the malacious deletion or destruction of threads housing government institutions, voting booths, or the legislation threads of any legislative body in Atlasia.
(n) Doxxing. This offense shall be defined as the disclosal of the personal information of any user of the Atlas Forum either obtained illegally or posted against their will by a citizen of Atlasia.
(o) Blackmail. This offense shall be defined as the threat to disclose personal information about a user of the Atlas Forum, for political or personal gain.

ii. In those cases in which a Crime Against Atlasia has been attempted unsuccessfully, it shall nevertheless be possible to charge a citizen with the offense that they unsuccessfully attempted to commit. In such cases the official record of the charge shall be prefaced with 'Attempted', but no other alterations to procedure shall be made. This applies to all Crimes Against Atlasia with the exception of Obscenity (including Gross Obscenity), Misconduct in Public Office, Perjury, and Contempt of Court.

iii. In those cases in which the perpetrator of a Crime Against Atlasia has been instructed, commissioned, mandated, or otherwise aided by other persons in the planning or execution of the offence in question, then those persons may also be charged with the offence that they conspired to commit. In such cases the record of the charge shall be prefaced with Conspiracy to Commit, but no other alterations to procedure shall be made. It shall not be necessary to charge an individual with a specific Crime Against Atlasia in order to charge other persons in this manner.

Section III: Implementation

1. This bill shall become effective immediatly after passage

2. No provisions of this amendment to the Criminal Justice Act of 2016 shall be applied retroactively.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 5-0-2-2 in the Atlasian House Assembled

Passed 4-0-0-2 in the Atlasian Regional Senate

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 08:57:29 PM »

The signing statements are back!!!!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 07:52:14 PM »

Mr. President, the following bill has passed both Houses of Congress and is awaiting your signature.

A BILL

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

SECTION I: NAME

1. This bill may be cited as the Let People Travel Act.

SECTION II: NO MORE DUMB FEES

1. No fee or tax shall be charged for first-time application or renewal of any Atlasian passport book or passport card.
2. Passport photographs shall be available to be taken free of charge at every facility which accepts passport applications.
3. Section 5 of the Citizen Affordability Act, "The fee associated with the filing of a passport application is hereby increased by $10", is hereby struck out.
4. The Atlasian Government shall invest an additional $400,000,000 per fiscal year in the Atlasian Postal Service.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 5-3-0-1 in the Atlasian House Assembled

People's Regional Senate (Amended version)
Passed 5-1-0-0 in the Atlasian Regional Senate

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 09:27:22 PM »

Signing Statement
This bill is a reasonable change, and removes an unnecessary burden on travel. Despite the complaints about the cost, I think the expenses are worthwhile. Cost concerns are valid, but quite often what they are paying for is beneficial and worth the cost. It is not always that way, this is of course a balancing act, but in this case the bill has my full support.

A BILL

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

1. This bill may be cited as the Let People Travel Act.

SECTION II: NO MORE DUMB FEES

1. No fee or tax shall be charged for first-time application or renewal of any Atlasian passport book or passport card.
2. Passport photographs shall be available to be taken free of charge at every facility which accepts passport applications.
3. Section 5 of the Citizen Affordability Act, "The fee associated with the filing of a passport application is hereby increased by $10", is hereby struck out.
4. The Atlasian Government shall invest an additional $400,000,000 per fiscal year in the Atlasian Postal Service.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 5-3-0-1 in the Atlasian House Assembled

People's Regional Senate (Amended version)
Passed 5-1-0-0 in the Atlasian Regional Senate

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 11:04:29 PM »

Quote from: EO 49 #004
Council appointments
The following individuals are appointed to the National Security Council and granted the necessary security clearance;
-Jimmy7812
-PSOL
-tack50
-tmthforu94
-Scott
-Wulfric

The sitting Vice President and Secretary of State shall be automatic members of the National Security Council in the Pericles administration.

The following individuals are appointed to the Domestic Policy Council;
-Jimmy7812
-PSOL
-S019
-tack50
-Wulfric

The sitting Vice President and Attorney General shall be automatic members of the Domestic Policy Council in the Pericles administration.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 07:01:24 PM »

Mr. President, the following bill has passed both Houses of Congress and is awaiting your signature.

Making Atlasia A Little More Great Act

HOUSE BILL

SECTION 1. TITLE

1. This Act may be cited as the "Making Atlasia A Little More Great Act".

SECTION 2. MAKING NYMAN EVEN MORE OF A PARADISE

1. F.L. 13-41, the Make Nyman A Paradise Act, is amended by amending section 4, subsection 6 to read as follows:

No person or persons in the City of Nyman who conduct a yardsale shall be required to obtain a business license or permit. For the purposes of this subsection, a yardsale is defined as an event lasting no more than 7 consecutive days during which second hand or pre-owned items are sold by a person or persons who are not regular merchants of the types of items being sold.

2. F.L. 13-41, the Make Nyman A Paradise Act, is amended by amending section 4, subsection 6 to read as follows:

Any person who lives in housing provided by the City of Nyman, or any agencies or departments thereof, may attach a religious totem, symbol, or object to the interior or exterior wall or doorframe of their domicile, provided the religious item can be easily removed and causes minimal damage.

3. F.L. 13-41, the Make Nyman A Paradise Act, is amended by amending section 4, subsection 10 to read as follows:
The City of Nyman is prohibited from requiring a license to own a cat or dog.

SECTION 3. PIRATE PARTY
1. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act is hereby repealed.
2. The Children's Internet Protection Act is hereby repealed.
3. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Copyright Act of 1976 are hereby repealed.
4. The Family Entertainment and Copyright Act of 2005 is hereby repealed.
5. The No Electronic Theft Act is hereby repealed.

SECTION 4. CLONING
1. No person shall clone, or attempt to clone, a human being using human DNA.
2. Should a cloning attempt prove successful, the baby shall be put up for adoption and the offender may be fined up to $50,000.

SECTION 5. SILVER SHABAZZ
1. The mint shall purchase 100,000 troy ounces of silver bullion and commission the minting of 100,000 legal tender, silver, 1 troy oz commemorative one dollar coins, to be sold to the public at $30 per coin.

a. Each coin shall include on the obverse, "Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of Malcolm X.
b. Each coin shall include on the reverse, " Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of W.E.B. Du Bois.

SECTION 6. CORRECTING PERICLES' MISTAKES
1. Beginning January 1, 2020, the design of the reverse side of all one-dollar bills produced in 2020 and thereafter shall be changed from the current design by replacing the reverse of the Great Seal with the obverse of the Great Seal.

2. Beginning January 1, 2020, all federal employees who receive more than $20 from the illuminati or Bilderberg Group in a calendar year shall be required to annually disclose such payment. 5 U.S.C. App. 1 shall be amended accordingly.
a. 'The Illuminati' shall be defined as any society that has a direct historical connection, through successor status or by self proclamation, to the Bavarian Illuminati or other such similar schools founded in the 18th century in Europe.
b. 'Bilderberg Group' shall be defined as any organization or any such member of an organization, who has met at the Bilderberg Hotel in Oosterbeck of the Netherlands.

House of Representatives:
Passed the House of Representatives 8-0-0-1
X YE
People's Regional Senate:
Passed the Atlasian Regional Senate 4-1-1-0

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »

Signing Statement
This seems like a common sense bill, in particular the first parts. I'm a bit ambivalent about section 6, the title isn't great, but it seems logical and without obvious flaws. Overall, the bill has my support.
Making Atlasia A Little More Great Act

HOUSE BILL

SECTION 1. TITLE

1. This Act may be cited as the "Making Atlasia A Little More Great Act".

SECTION 2. MAKING NYMAN EVEN MORE OF A PARADISE

1. F.L. 13-41, the Make Nyman A Paradise Act, is amended by amending section 4, subsection 6 to read as follows:

No person or persons in the City of Nyman who conduct a yardsale shall be required to obtain a business license or permit. For the purposes of this subsection, a yardsale is defined as an event lasting no more than 7 consecutive days during which second hand or pre-owned items are sold by a person or persons who are not regular merchants of the types of items being sold.

2. F.L. 13-41, the Make Nyman A Paradise Act, is amended by amending section 4, subsection 6 to read as follows:

Any person who lives in housing provided by the City of Nyman, or any agencies or departments thereof, may attach a religious totem, symbol, or object to the interior or exterior wall or doorframe of their domicile, provided the religious item can be easily removed and causes minimal damage.

3. F.L. 13-41, the Make Nyman A Paradise Act, is amended by amending section 4, subsection 10 to read as follows:
The City of Nyman is prohibited from requiring a license to own a cat or dog.

SECTION 3. PIRATE PARTY
1. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act is hereby repealed.
2. The Children's Internet Protection Act is hereby repealed.
3. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Copyright Act of 1976 are hereby repealed.
4. The Family Entertainment and Copyright Act of 2005 is hereby repealed.
5. The No Electronic Theft Act is hereby repealed.

SECTION 4. CLONING
1. No person shall clone, or attempt to clone, a human being using human DNA.
2. Should a cloning attempt prove successful, the baby shall be put up for adoption and the offender may be fined up to $50,000.

SECTION 5. SILVER SHABAZZ
1. The mint shall purchase 100,000 troy ounces of silver bullion and commission the minting of 100,000 legal tender, silver, 1 troy oz commemorative one dollar coins, to be sold to the public at $30 per coin.

a. Each coin shall include on the obverse, "Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of Malcolm X.
b. Each coin shall include on the reverse, " Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of W.E.B. Du Bois.

SECTION 6. CORRECTING PERICLES' MISTAKES
1. Beginning January 1, 2020, the design of the reverse side of all one-dollar bills produced in 2020 and thereafter shall be changed from the current design by replacing the reverse of the Great Seal with the obverse of the Great Seal.

2. Beginning January 1, 2020, all federal employees who receive more than $20 from the illuminati or Bilderberg Group in a calendar year shall be required to annually disclose such payment. 5 U.S.C. App. 1 shall be amended accordingly.
a. 'The Illuminati' shall be defined as any society that has a direct historical connection, through successor status or by self proclamation, to the Bavarian Illuminati or other such similar schools founded in the 18th century in Europe.
b. 'Bilderberg Group' shall be defined as any organization or any such member of an organization, who has met at the Bilderberg Hotel in Oosterbeck of the Netherlands.

Passed the House of Representatives 8-0-0-1
X YE
People's Regional Senate:
Passed the Atlasian Regional Senate 4-1-1-0

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2020, 07:51:38 PM by VPeanut »

Esta ley ha pasado ambas Cámaras del Congreso y espera su firma, Presidente.

SENATE BILL

Be it Enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Breakout Act
SECTION 1.
Recognizing that human nature is to want to be free,

1. No additional prison sentence of more than three years may be imposed for attempted escape from an Atlasian federal, provided no human being is physically harmed, assaulted, threatened, held hostage or imprisoned during the attempt, with the following exceptions:
a. Prisoners may be fined for an amount not exceeding the cost to repair any part of a prison facility that was damaged during the escape attempt.

1B. This shall not apply to anyone found abetting, aiding or helping with another inmates escape attempt

2. Crimes committed while an escaped prisoner is on the run may be prosecuted accordingly.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 4-3-1-1 in the People's House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Regional Senate (amended version)

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »

Esta igual don Pericles.

Quote from: Final Senate Text
National Park Admission Act

SENATE BILL

1. This may be cited as the National Park Admission Act.

SECTION II: CREATION OF NEW NATIONAL PARKS
The following jurisdictions are hereby designated as National Parks of the Republic of Atlasia:

1. Mount Hood National Park, from Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon
2. Mount Saint Helens National Park, from Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument in Washington

People's Regional Senate

People's House of Representatives
Passed 6-0-1-2 in the People's House of Representatives

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 02:17:32 AM »

Signing Statement
This is a reasonable measure, and goes along with my aim of stopping mass incarceration and overly harsh sentencing. I'm glad the House amended the bill, and would not have signed the original bill. This version strikes a good balance.

SENATE BILL

Be it Enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Breakout Act
SECTION 1.
Recognizing that human nature is to want to be free,

1. No additional prison sentence of more than three years may be imposed for attempted escape from an Atlasian federal, provided no human being is physically harmed, assaulted, threatened, held hostage or imprisoned during the attempt, with the following exceptions:
a. Prisoners may be fined for an amount not exceeding the cost to repair any part of a prison facility that was damaged during the escape attempt.

1B. This shall not apply to anyone found abetting, aiding or helping with another inmates escape attempt

2. Crimes committed while an escaped prisoner is on the run may be prosecuted accordingly.

People's Regional Senate

House of Representatives
Passed 4-3-1-1 in the People's House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Regional Senate (amended version)

Signing Statement
This is a good environmentalist measure so it is easy for me to sign it.

National Park Admission Act

SENATE BILL

1. This may be cited as the National Park Admission Act.

SECTION II: CREATION OF NEW NATIONAL PARKS
The following jurisdictions are hereby designated as National Parks of the Republic of Atlasia:

1. Mount Hood National Park, from Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon
2. Mount Saint Helens National Park, from Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument in Washington

People's Regional Senate

Passed 6-0-1-2 in the People's House of Representatives

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 05:38:12 PM »

Your Excellency, you know the drill.

Women's Health Protection Act
Section I: Recognition

1. We recognize that womens reproductive health care, including but not limited to cancer screenings, mammograms, menopause therapy, contraception and fertility treatment an are a core component of women's health, privacy and equality.

2. It is the duty of Atlasian Government to ensure that all women can access safe and legal abortion services when medically necessary to save their life or in cases of rape or incest, no matter their location, their wealth or their background

Section II: Community Health Centres

1A. $600 million shall be granted to each of the regions of Atlasia to spend on women's community  health centres where women can access advice, counselling and services relating to their health  such as cancer screenings, mammograms, menopause therapy, contraception, fertility treatment, and abortion based services when a woman's life is at risk or in cases of rape or incest.

1B. $200 million of this funding shall be used to fund rural health centres and e-centres to ensure universal access to reproductive women's healthcare services, including reproductive health services outline in Section II: 1A

2.) The above funding of £800 million shall be applied from the $24.25 Billion (Disease control, public health and bioterrorism sub section) set aside in the Federal Budget.

Section III: AtlasCare Amendment

1. Section 2: Components of AtlasCare is hereby amendment to include health services including  abortions in cases of rape or incest, or where the mothers life is in danger, intrauterine insemination (IUI), and in vitro fertilization (IVF)

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-1-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

House of Representatives
Passed 4-1-1-3 in the People's House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0-0-0 in the Atlasian Regional Senate (amended version)

FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 08:10:54 AM »

Urge a veto of the immediately previous bill.  Government should not be funding abortions; if a woman wants to have one, she should pay for it. 
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 05:51:08 PM »

Signing statement
This bill will improve women's health care and should be uncontroversial. This does not fund abortions. I would be open to pro-choice legislation and to something like the original bill, however it doesn't seem clear at this stage whether it is constitutional in Atlasia for the federal government to legislate on abortion, so that needs to be clarified.

Women's Health Protection Act
Section I: Recognition

1. We recognize that womens reproductive health care, including but not limited to cancer screenings, mammograms, menopause therapy, contraception and fertility treatment an are a core component of women's health, privacy and equality.

2. It is the duty of Atlasian Government to ensure that all women can access safe and legal abortion services when medically necessary to save their life or in cases of rape or incest, no matter their location, their wealth or their background

Section II: Community Health Centres

1A. $600 million shall be granted to each of the regions of Atlasia to spend on women's community  health centres where women can access advice, counselling and services relating to their health  such as cancer screenings, mammograms, menopause therapy, contraception, fertility treatment, and abortion based services when a woman's life is at risk or in cases of rape or incest.

1B. $200 million of this funding shall be used to fund rural health centres and e-centres to ensure universal access to reproductive women's healthcare services, including reproductive health services outline in Section II: 1A

2.) The above funding of £800 million shall be applied from the $24.25 Billion (Disease control, public health and bioterrorism sub section) set aside in the Federal Budget.

Section III: AtlasCare Amendment

1. Section 2: Components of AtlasCare is hereby amendment to include health services including  abortions in cases of rape or incest, or where the mothers life is in danger, intrauterine insemination (IUI), and in vitro fertilization (IVF)

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-1-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

House of Representatives
Passed 4-1-1-3 in the People's House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0-0-0 in the Atlasian Regional Senate (amended version)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 10:35:09 PM »

My administration is working closely with FEMA and the Southern regional government to assist the victims of the Tennessee tornadoes, and help the Volunteer State in this difficult time. More to come on this shortly.
Quote from: EO 49#005
I hereby declare Davidson, Putnam, and Wilson Counties counties in the state of Tennessee as federal disaster areas, effective immediately. Federal aid shall supplement regional and local recovery efforts to help those affected by severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds, and flooding on March 3, 2020 in these federal disaster areas.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »

Visit to Tennessee tornado victims & statement

Tornado damage in Tennessee*
The federal government is taking an active response to damaging tornadoes in Tennessee that have killed 25 people so far, with others still missing and extensive damage having taken place. President Pericles visited disaster areas in Tennessee, and met with Southern Governor West_Midlander, along with local officials. The President also spoke with disaster victims and offered his support. Earlier, President Pericles declared three affected counties as federal disaster areas, in order to get aid more quickly to those affected.

"At this time, we must work together and pull through this disaster. I extend my deep condolences to those who lost friends and family this week. Also, thank you very much to FEMA and the volunteers who are helping recover and rebuild. I want to assure Tennesseeans that Atlasia is with you, and the federal government is giving our full support.  I am doing everything in my power to help Tennessee recover. Help is on the way."-President Pericles speaking in Putnam County, Tennessee

"First, I would like to thank our Southern National Guard and our federal recovery workers for their help in the rescue of persons injured or trapped and in the rehabilitation of the areas damaged by the tornados in Tennessee. I would also like to thank President Pericles for his rapid response to this natural disaster and for visiting the area with me, in an effort to console the victims of this tragedy. The President, myself, and the recovery forces on the ground in this state are working to accelerate the recovery of this area."-Southern Governor West_Midlander speaking with President Pericles in Putnam County

*Photo of tornado debris in Cookeville, Tennessee, by Troy Stolt/Chattanooga Times Free Press via AP link
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 04:00:12 PM »

Mr. President, this has passed Congress.

Poison Center Network Enhancement Act of 2020

NATIONWIDE PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGN TO PROMOTE POISON CONTROL CENTER UTILIZATION AND THEIR PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY RESPONSE CAPABILITIES

“(a) In General.—The Secretary of Internal Affairs Attorney General shall—

“(1) carry out, and expand upon, a national public awareness campaign to educate the public and health care providers about—

“(A) poisoning, toxic exposure, and drug misuse prevention; and

“(B) the availability of poison control center resources in local communities; and

“(b) Consultation.—In carrying out and expanding upon the national campaign under subsection (a), the Secretary Attorney General may consult with nationally recognized professional organizations in the field of poison control response for the purpose of determining the best and most effective methods for achieving public awareness.

“(c) Contract With Entity.—The Secretary Attorney General may carry out subsection (a) by entering into contracts with one or more public or private entities, including nationally recognized professional organizations in the field of poison control and national media firms, for the development and implementation of the awareness campaign under subsection (a), which may include—

“(1) the development and distribution of poisoning and toxic exposure prevention, poison control center, and public health emergency awareness and response materials;

“(2) television, radio, internet, and newspaper public service announcements; and

“(3) other means and activities to provide for public and professional awareness and education.

“(d) Evaluation.—The Secretary Attorney General shall—

“(1) establish baseline measures and benchmarks to quantitatively evaluate the impact of the nationwide public awareness campaign carried out under this section; and

“(2) on a biennial basis, prepare and submit to the appropriate committees of Congress an evaluation of the nationwide public awareness campaign.

“(e) Authorization Of Appropriations.—There is authorized to be appropriated to carry out this section, $800,000 for each of fiscal years 2020 through 2023.”.

MAINTENANCE OF THE POISON CONTROL CENTER GRANT PROGRAM.

“(a) Authorization Of Program.—The Secretary Attorney General shall award grants to poison control centers accredited under subsection (c) (or granted a waiver under subsection (d)) and nationally recognized professional organizations in the field of poison control for the purposes of—

“(1) preventing, and providing treatment recommendations for, poisonings and toxic exposures including opioid and drug misuse;

“(2) assisting with public health emergencies, responses, and preparedness; and

“(3) complying with the operational requirements needed to sustain the accreditation of the center under subsection (c).

“(b) Additional Uses Of Funds.—In addition to the purposes described in subsection (a), a poison center or professional organization awarded a grant under such subsection may also use amounts received under such grant—

“(1) to research, establish, implement, and evaluate best practices in the United States Atlasia for poisoning prevention, poison control center outreach, opioid and drug misuse information and response, and public health emergency, response, and preparedness programs;

“(2) to research, develop, implement, revise, and communicate standard patient management guidelines for commonly encountered toxic exposures;

“(3) to improve national toxic exposure and opioid misuse surveillance by enhancing cooperative activities between poison control centers in the United States Atlasia and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other governmental agencies;

“(4) to research, improve, and enhance the communications and response capability and capacity of the Nation’s network of poison control centers to facilitate increased access to the centers through the integration and modernization of the current poison control centers communications and data system, including enhancing the network’s telephony, internet, data, and social networking technologies;

“(5) to develop, support, and enhance technology and capabilities of nationally recognized professional organizations in the field of poison control to collect national poisoning, toxic occurrence, and related public health data;

“(6) to develop initiatives to foster the enhanced public health utilization of national poison data collected by such organizations;

“(7) to support and expand the toxicologic expertise within poison control centers; and

“(8 ) to improve the capacity of poison control centers to answer high volumes of contacts and internet communications, and to sustain and enhance the poison control center’s network capability to respond during times of national crisis or other public health emergencies.

“(d) Supplement Not Supplant.—Amounts made available to a poison control center under this section shall be used to supplement and not supplant other Federal, Regional, State, or local funds provided for such center.

“(e) Maintenance Of Effort.—A poison control center, in utilizing the proceeds of a grant under this section, shall maintain the annual recurring expenditures of the center for its activities at a level that is not less than 80 percent of the average level of such recurring expenditures maintained by the center for the preceding 3 fiscal years for which a grant is received.

“(f) Authorization Of Appropriations.—There is authorized to be appropriated to carry out this section, $28,600,000 for each of fiscal years 2020 through 2023.”.

TRANSFER TO A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT

(a) The president may, by executive order, move the execution of this bill from the Attorney General to any other cabinet official

(b) If the Department of Internal Affairs is revived, or another separate department dedicated to Domestic Policy is created, the execution of this bill shall be moved to said department, unless the president specifies otherwise through executive order within 30 days.

Passed the House of Representatives 7-0-1-1
X YE
People's Regional Senate
Passed the People's Regional Senate 5-0-0-1

Passed the People's House of Representatives 5-0-1-3 (amended version)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies