My Possitions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:02:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Possitions
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Possitions  (Read 975 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:26:48 AM »

My possitions on some selected issues of the day are as follows, I will try to be as indepth as possible with each one, so I will take a couple of days on this:

Mideast Ban on Discrimination Against Homosexuals

This is not really my area, but I will be representing citizens of this region, so...

I suppor this measure.  I think it is an all around good bill.  If given the opportunity to see legislation liek this in the Senate, it will have my full support.

I believe that discrimination against anyone based on anything is wrong.  In terms of sexual orientation, if everyone is acting in a professional and mature manner, then there is no reason that sexuality in the confines of the workplace should ever be an issue and this is no less true of homosexual employees.  If the sexuality of an employee becomes a problem, then it should be dealt with as sexual harasment, just as it is dealt with among hetrosexual employees.

The sexuality of an applicant should never be a consideration in an interview and an employer who asks it should be as guilt of harasment as he would be if he were to ask a female applicant for a sexual favor.

I hold this standard as being true for everyone, all the way from the the janitor's office to the military.

Speaking of which, if elected, I will try to advance a bill to end "Don't Ask-Don't Tell" and bring homosexuals fully into the military.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 01:30:57 AM »

Speaking of which, if elected, I will try to advance a bill to end "Don't Ask-Don't Tell" and bring homosexuals fully into the military.

A bill that abolishes discrimination against homosexuals in the military was passed in August:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=27527.0
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 01:31:30 AM »

Elimination of the Department of Housing and Urban Development
I have arleady expressed my oppinion of this bill in the Government Folder, but I will state it again.  

I am against any measure to eliminate HUD.  Quite simply put, doing so would result in the eviction of millions of elderly, single mothers, handcaped and infirm people out onto the streets.

HUD also performs other services in the realm of acctual urban planning which are vital to the success and order of our older and newer cities in this country.

The elimination of this department would be down right irresponsable.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 01:33:09 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2006, 01:38:13 AM by Supersoulty »

A bill that abolishes discrimination against homosexuals in the military was passed in August:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=27527.0

Of course... I knew that.

Erm... no acctually... I was talking about the Salvation Army... there that will do.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 01:46:33 AM »

Withdrawl of Conventional Forces in Europe

I am opposed to this bill for three reasons.

First, I think it is based on a kind of isolationist mentality that I have always been rather weary of.

Second, there are many regions around these based that are economically dependent upon the money that the troops bring in.  full removal could be damaging to thier economies and, thus, damaging to our foriegn relations with those countries.

Third, I am not entirely convinced that the threat as ended in that part of the world.  Islamic extremists could cause serious problems in European countries (as seen in France) or it might even be possible that a conflict could break out in the Balkins in the near future, or that the Russians might, once again, try to apply presure on our allies the Ukrainians.

I believe that a partial pullout could be reasonable, but I am against a full withdrawl.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »

Public Interest Amendment

If this holds out until I get in, I intend to vote "Aye".  I have long been a proponent of such a measure, and I think we now have a reasonable bill that a majority of the Senate can agree on.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 05:21:23 PM »

Minority Business Development Agency Abolition Bill

Ummm... if this bill just did what it said it was going to do, then I would be for it.  However, I think that any talk of eliminated the Department of Commerce would be a grave mistake.  Commerce is just far too complicated these days to go back to the old, and often times corrupt, systems that were in use before the advent of the DoC.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »

Comprehensive Energy Bill for the 21st Century

This bill has my full and complete support.  Energy independence and the develpoment of practical renewable forms of energy should be one of the primary concerns for this government in the up coming century.  Well done, Jake.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »

Ummm... if this bill just did what it said it was going to do, then I would be for it.  However, I think that any talk of eliminated the Department of Commerce would be a grave mistake.  Commerce is just far too complicated these days to go back to the old, and often times corrupt, systems that were in use before the advent of the DoC.

It was amendment do get rid of only that, maybe you should have taken another look before you posted this. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=35617.msg808290#msg808290
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 05:28:19 PM »

It was amendment do get rid of only that, maybe you should have taken another look before you posted this. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=35617.msg808290#msg808290

Oh, I was unaware that it was the same bill.  I approve then.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »

Electoral System Reform Bill

My candidate claims that he has a better record with forum affairs than I do.  I'm not going to lie, he is right.  I will carefully examine every part of this bill before I make any real decisions on it.  I think reform is needed but how and to what extent, well, I will just have to wiegh the provisions of this bill and see what I think on the whole.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

Consumer Price Index Reform

This is a measure that I will propose.  The government keeps track of price of 400 basic goods that consist the "Market Basket".  Every month, all transfer payments that are made from the government are adujusted based on these numbers.  The problem is, the method for keeping track of the amounts has changed very little over the past 20 years.  Thus, it does not take into account the effect of discount stores like the Dollar General or Wal-Mart.  When it fails to take these figures into account, it acctually over-states the acctual level on inflation.  So, not only do we send out more money in transfer payments than we ought to, but the economy is negatively affected by over-stated inflation numbers, which then acctually causes inflation and other nasty problems to occure.

If we changed the way these figures are counted, to include discount numbers and prices, not only could we save the government $100 billion over the next five years (that is an estimate from 1990, so it is probably far greater by now), but we could also deflate the cost of living, curb inflation and keep the economy more stable.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies