Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:22:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer  (Read 2391 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »

This will not be the hill I get banned on.

My thoughts exactly.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 08:06:38 PM »

Not the way I thought he'd go back when he was still relevant. Nowadays, he doesn't even get mocked by comedians.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 08:29:04 PM »

I don't have anything nice to say, so I'm not going to say anything at all, other than to echo Koharu's sentiments:

My sympathy to him, his family, and those who care about him. May he be able to fight well through this disease and may those around him show him compassion.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »

Say what you will about Rush, but at least he can be entertaining, unlike most other right-wing radio personalities like Mark Levin or Sean Hannity.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2020, 09:36:59 PM »

I pray for Rush Limbaugh to get saved, if he's not saved already.  I say this because on the day I rededicated my life to Christ in July, 1993, I was talking about many folks, and I mentioned Rush Limbaugh.  My Christian friend who walked up to the altar with me said to me, "Rush Limbaugh is not a Believer."  I don't know if this is true, or if it's still true, but I pray that he be saved and healed.

i always found Limbaugh engaging and entertaining, even when I was a Democrat.  He's an absolute hoot, and he's one of the very few who can do what he does well.  His type of Talk Radio is a medium that he brought to the forefront to where it's a major force in politics; it's the right wing's counterpoint to the print media and, to some degree, the Internet Left.  Whatever you think of him for his political views, he's a major figure as a BROADCASTER.  I understand why many don't like him, and he's a partisan who deliberately gets under people's skin.  But he's an amazingly significant political and cultural figure, love him or hate him.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »

I hope Mr. Limbaugh makes a full recovery. And if he does, I hope that his experience will cause him to take back his comments on the April 11, 1994 broadcast of his show:

Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentleman, I just - he was a worthless shred of human debris.

It is--this Kurt Cobain stuff and this is all symptomatic of what we in this country are doing. We're trying to make a victim out of everybody, absolve anybody of responsibility, and that's just absolutely wrong because the people who play by the rules are the ones on whose backs the burden of supporting these losers falls. And it's about time it came to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind he likely went home and did Oxycontin later that day.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2020, 10:30:51 PM »

I hope Mr. Limbaugh makes a full recovery. And if he does, I hope that his experience will cause him to take back his comments on the April 11, 1994 broadcast of his show:

Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentleman, I just - he was a worthless shred of human debris.

It is--this Kurt Cobain stuff and this is all symptomatic of what we in this country are doing. We're trying to make a victim out of everybody, absolve anybody of responsibility, and that's just absolutely wrong because the people who play by the rules are the ones on whose backs the burden of supporting these losers falls. And it's about time it came to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind he likely went home and did Oxycontin later that day.

He well may have, and his position on drugs is more than a little hypocritical. 

Still:  Are drug addicts scumbags or sick people who need specific types of help?  Rush shouldn't be judged any more harshly than an anonymous addict needing to stop.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 09:26:47 AM »

One of the worst political commentors who deserves a lot of criticism, but I still do wish him well. Recovery sadly seems unlikely though, as advanced lung cancer doesn't have a high surviving rate.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »

Horrible person, horrible diagnosis. Considering how horrible Stage IV cancer is, there is one thing even worse, and at least he seems to have time in which to atone for his irresponsibility.

If Dante Aligheri is right, then he has much to fear. He is a man of shame.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

End of an era, in conservative talk, even if Limbaugh lives on, Hannity is the future of conservative talk.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:13 PM »

It’s funny how not hard it is to not comment on this.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »

Rush will be at the SOTU tonight and Trump is expected to give him the Presidential Medal of Freedom in the coming months.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »

Say what you will about Rush, but at least he can be entertaining, unlike most other right-wing radio personalities like Mark Levin or Sean Hannity.
Agree with u here
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 11:51:52 PM »

End of an era, in conservative talk, even if Limbaugh lives on, Hannity is the future of conservative talk.

that's a depressing thought.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2020, 06:44:41 PM »

Still:  Are drug addicts scumbags or sick people who need specific types of help?  Rush shouldn't be judged any more harshly than an anonymous addict needing to stop.

There's a fundamental difference between an anonymous drug addict and an addict who's also a public figure supporting harsh treatment of fellow addicts. The latter is not just your average poor soul needing to stop, but a massive liar and a hypocrite, and should be judged accordingly.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »

I pray for Rush Limbaugh to get saved, if he's not saved already.  I say this because on the day I rededicated my life to Christ in July, 1993, I was talking about many folks, and I mentioned Rush Limbaugh.  My Christian friend who walked up to the altar with me said to me, "Rush Limbaugh is not a Believer."  I don't know if this is true, or if it's still true, but I pray that he be saved and healed.

i always found Limbaugh engaging and entertaining, even when I was a Democrat.  He's an absolute hoot, and he's one of the very few who can do what he does well.  His type of Talk Radio is a medium that he brought to the forefront to where it's a major force in politics; it's the right wing's counterpoint to the print media and, to some degree, the Internet Left.  Whatever you think of him for his political views, he's a major figure as a BROADCASTER.  I understand why many don't like him, and he's a partisan who deliberately gets under people's skin.  But he's an amazingly significant political and cultural figure, love him or hate him.
I don’t think he should hold his breath on it. Lung cancer has some of the lowest survival rates and he does have a substance abuse history.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2020, 11:09:20 AM »

Still:  Are drug addicts scumbags or sick people who need specific types of help?  Rush shouldn't be judged any more harshly than an anonymous addict needing to stop.

There's a fundamental difference between an anonymous drug addict and an addict who's also a public figure supporting harsh treatment of fellow addicts. The latter is not just your average poor soul needing to stop, but a massive liar and a hypocrite, and should be judged accordingly.

Well, he was hypocritical on that issue.  That's for sure.  Bill Clinton is a hypocrite on the various issues of feminism, is he not?

I like to think that Rush has developed an appreciation of the predicaments addicts who can't afford Roy Black as their legal counsel.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2020, 11:20:29 AM »

Video. Baldwin: These words came from Medal of Freedom recipient.

CNN's Brooke Baldwin reacts to President Donald Trump's decision to award Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio host, with the Medal of Freedom-- the highest honor a civilian can receive.

Click this link to watch ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/02/05/rush-limbaugh-medal-of-freedom-award-reaction-baldwin-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/stories-worth-watching/
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »

Think of this: Rush Limbaugh (whom I have mocked as "Rash Libel", the politest possible such mockery that I can think of -- and it fits!) has succeeded mostly in developing "Donald Trump Thought" that has become the norm over forty years before appearing as the Trump personality. "Rash Libel" is the Prophet of Donald Trump. He is for Donald Trump what John the Baptist is for Jesus. Donald Trump is obviously not Jesus.

Limbaugh's thought is hollow and divisive at best. It is relevant to a society that keeps women and minorities in subordinate places, with any "Talented Tenth" getting a chance to speak while living well but to have no influence upon political life. (Just look at the Deep South!) He coined the smear "feminazis", trying to connect feminists to the likes of Irma Grese, a young woman who went so far as to loose half-starved dogs upon concentration-camp inmates (she was executed for her cruel treatment of inmates that she abused) or to Magda Goebbels, the woman behind the man Josef Goebbels. He mocked the Parkinsonism of Michael J. Fox, who got a reputation as a conservative Republican. Seeking sympathy? Have you ever seen Parkinsonism in action? I have, with my mother who died of it!

By the way -- finding a cure for Parkinsonism will likely be good (as was the Salk vaccine for polio) for a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

One recipient is Billy Graham, who has been able to offer moral guidance to every President from FDR to Barack Obama. Regrettably, Donald Trump needed such guidance even more -- but something tells me that he would have never heeded it.

Want to discuss the "Freedom"  part of it? Rosa Parks and Vaclav Havel both struggled against repressive regimes, whether the Jim Crow South or Communist Czechoslovakia,- and succeeded. I look at the corpus of Rush Limbaugh and I see a rejection of freedom, unless that of elites to treat workers harshly. Francisco Franco did that quite well. No award.

Creativity? Aaron Copland, Duke Ellington, and Irving Berlin received it  for music. Bob Dylan received it arguably as much for the lyrics as for the music itself. Something telling: those who programmed the supercomputer "Watson" for IBM modeled much of the computer's speech upon the lyrics of Bob Dylan. Good choice! Definitely not upon the prose of Rush Limbaugh.

The only future that I can see for Limbaugh prose is as punishment for left-wing extremists in Hell. His influence will die with him. People will see snippets of his "work" and wonder how people could fall for that. Sure, he has advanced-stage (probably terminal) lung cancer. But so do many others. Today, smoking is clearly a denial and defiance of science. One denies science at great risk of bad consequences, whether on smoking or global warming.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2020, 12:31:07 PM »

Video. Baldwin: These words came from Medal of Freedom recipient.

CNN's Brooke Baldwin reacts to President Donald Trump's decision to award Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio host, with the Medal of Freedom-- the highest honor a civilian can receive.

Click this link to watch ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/02/05/rush-limbaugh-medal-of-freedom-award-reaction-baldwin-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/stories-worth-watching/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

Look at that list and put this in perspective.  

John Wayne.  Doris Day.  Rita Moreno.  Robert DeNiro.  Bill Cosby.  These, too, are your Medal of Freedom Winners, and many of them have been purely political picks.

One can criticize Limbaugh's selection.  He was, indeed, a remarkable Broadcaster.  His genre of Talk Radio is something he pioneered; there was no Rush Limbaugh before he came along, just him and the phones and the airwaves talking politics.  

Rush has gone over the top on occasion, but he's also exposed hypocrisy, and often done so with no little humor.  His comments toward Sandra Fluke were not right, but his issue position on their disagreement was hardly outrageous.  Why, indeed, should individuals who have religious objections to Birth Control have to pay to provide these things for their employees in their healthcare policies?  Now I don't agree with Limbaugh on that issue, but his position asks the question of why should I, as an individual entrepreneur, be required to pay for healthcare services for others that I oppose for reasons of conscience.  His position is far more in line with "Freedom" than Sandra Fluke's was.  Perhaps it's an instructive lesson in how "Feminism" and "Freedom" are, indeed, in conflict.  That's actually a pretty deep thing to ponder.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2020, 06:57:12 PM »

Only days after awarding Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom, Mr. Trump suggests he should have been handed over to a kangaroo court and executed. As Mr, Trump said earlier today,
"Countries with a powerful death penalty, with a fair but quick trial, they have very little if any drug problem. That includes China."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2020, 06:58:40 PM »

Who the hell is Rita Moreno?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »

Only days after awarding Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom, Mr. Trump suggests he should have been handed over to a kangaroo court and executed. As Mr, Trump said earlier today,
"Countries with a powerful death penalty, with a fair but quick trial, they have very little if any drug problem. That includes China."

Consistency has never been Trump's strong suit, to say the least.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 07:39:42 PM »

Legendary actress, EGOT winner.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies