Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:30:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 [155]
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 148424 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3850 on: February 04, 2021, 11:31:38 PM »

Despite ButtiPete „winning“ it, I hope they kill off the Iowa (and any other) caucus in 2024 and forever.

I hate caucuses. They are a big mess.

I bet they will. Harry Reid expressed support for Nevada switching to a primary. And I also think Democrats will pick another state to go first, which makes sense. Why have a very white and largely rural state set the tone when the Democratic base is neither of those things?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3851 on: February 05, 2021, 02:22:03 AM »

And on this, the 1-year anniversary of the Iowa caucuses, we remember a simpler time, back when we all thought that it was the worst thing that could possibly go wrong in the year 2020. Boy oh boy, were we in for a penny, in for a pound.

I was honestly in a much better emotional state during the early lockdown months than in February grinding through this mess. But I know my experiences are not universal. Tongue
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3852 on: February 05, 2021, 02:45:28 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 02:49:15 AM by brucejoel99 »

And on this, the 1-year anniversary of the Iowa caucuses, we remember a simpler time, back when we all thought that it was the worst thing that could possibly go wrong in the year 2020. Boy oh boy, were we in for a penny, in for a pound.

I was honestly in a much better emotional state during the early lockdown months than in February grinding through this mess. But I know my experiences are not universal. Tongue

Honestly, can relate.

I still remember when the biggest controversy here on Atlas for a couple days was who exactly "won" Iowa (whatever "winning" meant). IIRC, somewhere in the archive of either this or one of the many Iowa threads that was created as a result of the chaos was even you & I going at it pretty strongly over the delegates/raw popular vote differentiation, with some pretty petty insults thrown in too. Really sorry for my part in that, promise to never let the heat of a moment get the best of us & allow what should be a good-faith discussion to get that heated ever again.

EDIT: found it. Yeah, definitely one of my least proud moments here on Atlas:

P.S. stop praising those you agree with (e.g. "We really do need a preemptive ban on Americans posting in the international boards. People who actually know their stuff like Brucejoel can subsequently be let back in, of course.") only to then immediately turn on them by getting all snappy & mean when they happen to espouse a view that you may disagree with. By no possible stretch of the imagination does such behavior even come close to resembling an attractive quality, let alone actually being one.

I genuinely thought you were a better poster when I made that post (and I still think you made valid arguments in that thread, not going to deny that). I have now been disabused of that notion. Be assured I won't be making this mistake again.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3853 on: February 05, 2021, 02:57:01 AM »

Honestly, can relate.

I still remember when the biggest controversy here on Atlas for a couple days was who exactly "won" Iowa (whatever "winning" meant). IIRC, somewhere in the archive of either this or one of the many Iowa threads that was created as a result of the chaos was even you & I going at it pretty strongly over the delegates/raw popular vote differentiation, with some pretty petty insults thrown in too. Really sorry for my part in that, promise to never let the heat of a moment get the best of us & allow what should be a good-faith discussion to get that heated ever again.

Oh yes, I do remember that. I appreciate your apology, and I'm equally sorry for my harsh words to you. In retrospect, this was a really stupid and petty thing to get so worked up about (who "wins" a state is a purely semantic question), but it really was a stressful time. I was also dealing with some personal stuff on top of the political drama, so that probably didn't help. Anyway, you're a good poster and I'm glad we see eye-to-eye more often now, and when we do disagree I'm confident we can have a productive exchange about it.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 [155]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies