Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 155
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 148504 times)
bilaps
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 10:14:51 AM »

If you people want, I could maybe post the caucus results live here as I listen to the headcounts while I observe my precinct in real time. Granted, my main commentary will be on the Lokcord, but I still might post on the forum if I feel like it.

Where's your precinct?

W103, Waterloo, held at Irving Elementary School

Please do, why not. Do you have any sense in your area how's gonna play out? Biden really needs to do well in Waterloo.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »

How absolutely glorious it would be for Biden to come in fourth.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 10:19:21 AM »

Whatever happens, Biden is guaranteed to improve his numbers from the last time he ran in Iowa.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2020, 10:19:53 AM »

NBC's Mark Murray in a Tweet an Hour ago said if Biden finishes fourth it's OVER for him, if he wins he might glide to the Nomination.
What would happen in between? I don't know!
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »

If you people want, I could maybe post the caucus results live here as I listen to the headcounts while I observe my precinct in real time. Granted, my main commentary will be on the Lokcord, but I still might post on the forum if I feel like it.

Where's your precinct?

Please do, why not. Do you have any sense in your area how's gonna play out? Biden really needs to do well in Waterloo.

Go Amy!!!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »

That report that Biden is missing precinct captains is the first thing in his campaign to actually disturb me.

Say what you want about the insularity, inflexibility and overconfidence of the Clinton campaign, that unwieldy behemoth, but it was always a 100% professional outfit.  You would never imagine Clinton missing precinct captains.

In general it seems like the Biden campaign hasn't quite risen to the level of its predecessor establishment tentpole campaigns.  A lot of the highly competent and experienced staffers are working for Warren, Bloomberg, or Buttigieg.  It's also kind of irritating that Revolution Messaging, which is a lot of Obama-Biden 2008 alums, has been essentially running the Sanders campaign (or the part of the Sanders campaign that works really well).  But I guess they couldn't switch sides from 2016.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »

Finally, the 2020 election begins! Aren’t we going to be getting results from Tbilisi at noon? Or will those not be available until the caucus sites close within the state itself? Also, what county/CD will those be counted in?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 10:36:05 AM »

Finally, the 2020 election begins! Aren’t we going to be getting results from Tbilisi at noon? Or will those not be available until the caucus sites close within the state itself? Also, what county/CD will those be counted in?

Not sure when we will get those results reported, but I have to imagine something will leak out as they are a public event. Also, they will not count towards a County/CD, but will count towards the At-Large and PLEO delegates.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »

Where's your precinct?

Please do!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 10:38:30 AM »

How many Iowans are there in Tbilisi anyway?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »

The Needle has returned to haunt us
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 10:47:14 AM »

Not only that, it's multiplying!  There will be FOUR needles tonight (SDE, first alignment, final alignment, and pledged delegates).
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 10:47:47 AM »

Where's your precinct?

To be honest, I don't know much about my specific precinct, but Biden might do well in this city because of the industry here. However, I think the neighboring Cedar Falls might align more with Sanders, especially considering that they're the location of the University of Northern Iowa.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2020, 10:49:50 AM »

They say there are "three tickets" out of Iowa. Besides McCain '08, no presidential candidate has won their nomination without AT LEAST getting in the top 3 in Iowa. If Biden gets fourth, I doubt that would mean good things for his political career.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »

I'm really not sure either. I almost wonder if it was just so they could say there was a caucus in the Caucuses. Maybe one of the universities have a study abroad program there?

The other two international caucus locations make a bit more sense, Glasgow and Paris, but I also would have expected a few other places like London, Rome, etc.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »

I doubt that's happening, but I wouldn't be shocked if he drops out then. Especially if he ends up with less than 15% and Sanders, Butti and Warren are well ahead of him. But again, that's unlikely. He'll most likely finish 2nd, maybe close 3rd.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2020, 11:00:01 AM »

The Caucus in the Caucasus should be starting right now!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2020, 11:04:14 AM »

I'm really not sure either. I almost wonder if it was just so they could say there was a caucus in the Caucuses. Maybe one of the universities have a study abroad program there?

The other two international caucus locations make a bit more sense, Glasgow and Paris, but I also would have expected a few other places like London, Rome, etc.

According to some articles, the caucus host there has one friend from Iowa, and they tried to search for other Iowan expats in the area and found one more. So 3 people are expected I think.

Glasgow host has said he expects 6-10 while Paris host says she’s had 26 preregistrations (though not all are guaranteed to show up).
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 11:05:39 AM »

How well will the other candidates perform?
bilaps
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »

It certainly would be, though I doubt it's going to happen.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2020, 11:10:58 AM »

If I recall, as long as Trump gets over 50% of the vote he gets all the delegates, so the other candidates are screwed.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2020, 11:39:50 AM »

Apparently there is a cold front moving in on Iowa. It is forecast to be slightly below freezing, but it is fairly windy with a pretty significant wind chill.

Which candidate does a cold-weather caucus put at risk?

With a cold front moving in through Sunday night and into Monday, the day of the caucus, the same crowds drawn to the rallies may not be as eager to weather the cold to support their candidate.

In the past, weather played a role in shaking up voter turnout in the 2016 Iowa Caucus when a major snowstorm swept across the region, complicating travel conditions. At this caucus, Ted Cruz took the win over Donald Trump by three percentage points, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the win over Bernie Sanders, also by three percentage points.

Goldford told AccuWeather based off of 2016 stats, weather may factor into the age groups of voter turnout.

"Older folks might be a little more respectful of weather and especially bad weather conditions," Goldford said. "Kids think they're invulnerable. They'll go out at any time for any reason to any destination."

Goldford theorizes that since Biden's supporters skew older with little support from younger voters, bad or even dangerous weather conditions could have an impact on people who would otherwise turn out for him.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »

Trump wins all delegates. The end.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »

The Caucus in the Caucasus should be starting right now!

There is reportedly very high turnout, infinitely higher than in previous years actually! However, the Iowa Democratic party has come under criticism for only allowing Caucasians to participate in the Caucasian Caucus. This caucus is said to not be representative of America's full diversity. Still, high turnout.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 155  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies