Office of Senator OBD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:58:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator OBD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of Senator OBD  (Read 4753 times)
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2020, 01:32:45 PM »

Congrats!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2020, 11:51:33 PM »

I'd like to offer thanks to everyone who voted in Frémont. I am honored to receive a mandate to serve in the 17th Parliament. I'd also like to congratulate First Minister Truman and my fellow MP-Elects Scott, DeadPrez and PSOL on their victories.

As IRL events begin to take precedence, I will not be able to complete the job of Speaker at a level I consider adequate - therefore, I will be yielding the gavel to my fellow MP-Elect Scott. Scott's a dedicated and experienced public servant, and will be an excellent Speaker. It has been a great honor to serve as Speaker of Parliament, one that I will not soon forget. Regardless, I hope to serve out the entirety of the term. And lastly, I'd like to congratulate my former colleague MP Ted Bessell on his apparent ascendance to the Atlasian Senate, thank outgoing MP Tirnam for an excellent term in Denver, and thank outgoing MP AustralianSwingVoter for his many terms of dedicated public service. I wish y'all well. 

Thank you again for this win, and I eagerly await the commencement of the next Parliament and Congress. While the results do not appear to be favorable at this time, this is not the beginning of the end - it's merely the end of the beginning. Good night.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2020, 12:20:26 AM »

You did great either way, hopefully your workload gets lighter soon.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2020, 12:35:20 AM »

Congrats on your reelect. I know firsthand how overwhelming the IRL thing you're dealing with can be -- you'll do great as long as you keep your nose to the grindstone, and I would expect nothing less from someone who works as hard as you. Break a leg, both out there and in Parliament!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2020, 12:35:35 AM »

Congrats!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2020, 06:09:11 PM »

Thanks to Ted Bessell and the Labor Party for entrusting me with this appointment to the Atlasian House. I've consulted with legal experts and I won't have to resign my seat in the Fremont Parliament (due to this being an appointment), so I look forward to serving y'all in both chambers.

This is now my official House office, so any inquiries can be directed here.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2020, 12:03:13 AM »

You're going to do a great job! Proud of ya.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2020, 12:21:34 AM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 1, 2020

While forever wars in far-flung countries with dubious oil-based justification have been some of the darkest taints on our nation's history, our position as the world's superpower means that we must act in clear-cut cases to support democracy against the scourge of authoritarianism and fascism. And such a case the nation of Paflagonia is - after years of iron-fisted rule and electoral by the dictator Kummerspeck, freedom fighters are at last rising to call for free elections and the restoration of free will of the people. I believe strongly that it is our duty as the arsenal of democracy to come to the aid of these freedom fighters, the Paflagoninan Unity Party, and throw the full weight of Atlasia behind their push for liberation.

As your Representative, I am calling for the President to immediately recognize the PU government, and lead an international push with the European Union for fair elections. When adversity calls, Atlasia shall not shy away to help free oppressed peoples, and must act with the urgency of the world's premier democratic power.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 04:31:02 PM »

Portland, Oregon
social distancing and masks mandatory, streamed live on OR Labor website

Hello, Portland! It's great to be home.

When I first entered politics under the banner of the Labor Party, Atlasia was a vastly different place. Adam Griffin was still president. Schools and businesses were still open and bustling, a stark contrast to the thousands of closures still lingering across Oregon and the nation today. But, as your representative in Parliament, and now in the People's House, my fundamental philosophies have not changed. I'm still committed to being a pragmatic, progressive voice for the people in government. And I'm still committed to actively fighting for the values y'all believe in - whether it's taking initiative on the impeding climate crisis, advocating for racial justice, or ensuring that the coronavirus crisis is seen to a successful close.

I'm here tonight, in part, to announce my campaign for a full term in the House of Representatives. I received the great honor of a House appointment last month to replaced esteemed Representative Adam Griffin, and since then I've been one of the House's most active voices. If re-elected, I'll continue to pursue a progressive legislative agenda - passing bills that invest in our people while standing firmly against bills that negatively impact Oregonians or promote outlandish conspiracy theories. I hope y'all will join me in this fight, and I'd be honored to receive your vote.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 04:35:56 PM »

Endorsed my man.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2020, 04:38:35 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2020, 04:43:26 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2020, 04:46:30 PM »

Endorsed!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »

Endorsed with enthusiasm!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2020, 02:11:39 PM »

Thanks, friends! Let's go get 'em!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2020, 11:09:39 PM »

Beaverton, Oregon

Good evening, friends!

As the first day of voting closes, I'm glad to say that our campaign is ahead and in solid position to take a House seat come Sunday night, and by my numbers, our progressive Labor majority will likely be returned as well. I'd like to take this time to thank the good folks that voted for me already, and to encourage anyone who hasn't yet turned out to cast their ballot for a better Atlasia! Thanks again, y'all, and let's bring Oregon Values to Nyman!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »

Officially going on a leave of absence - will be on highly limited activity until January 1.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2020, 11:19:36 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 30, 2020

I was horrified and saddened to hear that a group of so-called "pro-Fremonter" radicals would attempt to kidnap a sitting governor, James Benson of Kansas, in an attempt to extrajudicially overturn the results of an election that were clearly free and fair. While we may disagree on the issues, there is no political dispute great enough to merit the blatant display of anti-democratic thuggery these vandals attempted to put on. I condemn the acts of the "Pathfinders" in the strongest possible terms, thank the FBI under Attorney General Truman and President MB for acting to protect the legitimate elected government of Kansas, and send my best wishes to Governor Benson and his family as they recover from these shocking, despicable events. Furthermore, I urge all "pro-Fremont" Kansans to reconsider any notion of violence they might be considering due to the recent string of electoral victories for the Southern side - we must have the utmost respect for our nation's free and fair elections, and in no instance is attempting to cast aspersion upon these results through violence acceptable.

I am also surprised and angered by Paflagonian dictator Adolf Von Kummerspeck's attempts to further subvert the democratic apparatus of his country while imprisoning and intimidating political enemies like a second Stalin. His behavior is unacceptable, and we cannot let it stand. As a member of the People's House, I condemn Kummerspeck's brutal, inhumane "retribution, reiterate my support for Gerta Baer and the Paflagonian resistance, and urge unified international pressue, and if needed, action, to end Kummerspeck's illegitimate regime once and for all.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »

I thank the Senate for their unanimous confirmation. I look forward to getting to work for the Atlasian people.

I aim to get the noticeboard set up by this afternoon.

My statement on my confirmation to the Vice Presidency.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2021, 02:03:07 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 10, 2020

Pursuant to the Vice President Reform Amendment, I am hereby delegating VP-administered Senate slots to Deputy Pres. of Congress FalterinArc. This will be noted on my noticeboard, which I am currently in the process of compiling. I will retain the duty of managing bills sent to the House from the Senate.

Additionally, I am announcing an official Leave of Absence from March 20 to March 28. During this time the entirety of my duties will be delegated to the DPOC.

I expect to have a completed noticeboard up by late this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2021, 04:05:59 PM »

Two suggestions for you and falterin, keep the constitution and notice board tabbed.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »

Noticeboard is now updated. Please contact me promptly if I have made omissions or errors.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2021, 07:19:52 PM »

Noticeboard is now updated. Please contact me promptly if I have made omissions or errors.

I will look it over when I get home. I usually track vp Senate threads to provide a backup. Also allows vp and in this case deputy PoC to get back on track if things go wrong.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2021, 07:40:11 PM »

I will look it over when I get home. I usually track vp Senate threads to provide a backup. Also allows vp and in this case deputy PoC to get back on track if things go wrong.
Sounds good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies