Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:17:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Southern Delegate Spark - Term expired 9/3 - THANK YOU ALL!  (Read 3541 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2020, 05:41:00 PM »

Re-Election Campaign

Hello my fellow Southerners! I wanted to announce to you today that I will be seeking another term in the Southern Chamber in July. As Deputy Speaker, I've been able to keep the Chamber running so far this term. There is much to be improved, such as more debate, etc. However, I know that delegates will fulfill their responsibilities to the Southern people and we will get much accomplished.

Thank you for your support up until this point. I hope to continue serving you.

Deputy Speaker Spark
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »

Proudly endorsed for reelection to the chamber!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »

Endorsed for reelection - you are a thoughtful leader who listens to reason! Keep up the good work.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2020, 04:53:16 PM »

Proudly endorsed for reelection to the chamber!

Thank you Senator.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2020, 04:53:34 PM »

Endorsed for reelection - you are a thoughtful leader who listens to reason! Keep up the good work.

Means very much Tmth.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 08:38:20 PM »

Southern Chamber Overall Activity

My fellow Southerners, I remain open to your feedback and suggestions to make sure that your voices are heard. I also would like to encourage my colleagues within the Chamber to carry out their duties effectively to serve the interests of the Southern people. I will do whatever is necessary to ensure that proper upkeep of the Chamber. I lead by listening, I feel that is important. Please don't hesitate to let me know any of your concerns.

Best,

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2020, 08:41:12 PM »

IRL Activities

As my constituents in the South, I feel that you are obligated to know what is transpiring IRL. I am scheduled to begin evening courses for graduate school next week and have been doing some activities on the side. I hope to maintain optimal activity levels to vote and debate on bills. I will take a LOA if necessary, and hope to keep sufficient communication during this time.

Thank you for your understanding. I hope to continue serving the South.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2020, 08:42:21 PM »

Bills

I hope to introduce more bills to address various issues in the South this session. Governor MB has introduced most of the legislation this session and I commend him for that! I have been keeping things moving along with the Speaker.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »

Southern Leadership

I am surprised at the resignations of Speaker YoungTexan and Delegate Jayde but rest assured that the South will thrive. I will ensure that each citizen will be able to experience the opportunity of this region. I know that our new speaker Muaddib will do a wonderful job for the remainder of this session. I plan to remain in the Southern CoD and to stand for speaker next session. I believe that playing an active and important role in the Southern leadership is necessary. It is vital for the success of the region. I believe that I have proven this session that I am capable in stepping in during times of inactivity. I hope that I will have your continued confidence as I serve the South.

Thank you.

Deputy Speaker Spark
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2020, 08:31:36 PM »

Endorsed, of course (especially due to our shared positions on so many of the issues and for your continued activity in the Chamber)!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2020, 10:27:42 PM »

Endorsed, of course (especially due to our shared positions on so many of the issues and for your continued activity in the Chamber)!

Thank you Westy!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 10:36:02 PM »

Statement on Siren/Muaddib ticket

I would like to publicly endorse Siren and Muaddib for President and Vice President of Atlasia respectively. It is my firm belief that both Siren and Muaddib possess the necessary experience to serve our land. They present a clear vision of leadership and progress that will sustain Atlasia well into the future. Especially on the issue of foreign policy where much rampant differences exist. A Siren administration will restore the beacon of peace around the globe. A strong commitment to diplomacy and non-interventionism is what this nation needs. They have my full support.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 10:38:07 PM »

New Bills Introduced

My fellow Southerners, it was my commitment to you that I would introduce some more bills this session. I have introduced legislation related to juvenile justice and autonomous vehicles. The bills I've introduced can be found here in my office. I would like to again commend Governor MB for helping introduce most of the bills this session. I want to continue encouraging activity within the Chamber to serve the Southern people to the best of our abilities. I'll always put your interests first.

Thank you!

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2020, 08:17:29 PM »

June Presidential Election

I wanted to take a moment to wish the best of luck to all of the presidential and vice presidential candidates standing in this election. I'd like to make a special mention to Siren and Muaddib. I believe that the Peace-Federalist ticket is the best to lead Atlasia into the future. I urge you all to support the Siren/Muaddib ticket if you want a better life at home and abroad, fairness, and equity for all citizens of this land. Serving with Speaker Muaddib, he's a committed, dedicated, and loyal public servant who will put your interests first. I firmly believe that he is capable of being president on day one should the need come to that. He is an effective leader, legislator, and sensible in terms of negotiating on legislation. I know he can work with the Congress to pass important reforms for all of our citizens. Muaddib is not the far right candidate that his critics make you believe. In joining a compromise ticket, it shows he is willing to listen to other ideologies and engage into productive dialogue.

As for Siren, she will serve this nation honorably. As a Senator from Fremont and member of the House of Representatives, she has the necessary experience and skills to make a difference as our next President. She understands the inner workings of Congress and is open to negotiating with all parties in a bipartisan manner. Please give this ticket the utmost consideration in casting your votes this weekend. It can change the course of our nation.

Thank you all.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »

Moving Things Along

My fellow Southerners, during this election season I am working to keep the Chamber running. You should expect no less of me. As you may know, our Southern Speaker Muaddib is standing for election to become VP. He's been a fantastic advocate for our region. Should he prevail, I assure you that I am ready to be speaker of this chamber on day one. I have sufficient experience with legislating because I have served as deputy twice and worked well with our Governor. In my past two terms, I've been committed to being active and contributing to the discussion. I hope to be involved in the Chamber's leadership for the foreseeable future. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

As for the ongoing elections, I wish everyone the best of luck. Bless our land!

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »

Townhall w/ Delegate Spark

Hey ya'll. As we know that we are all still in this fight against the coronavirus. As I did last campaign, I will be holding virtual townhalls here at my office to hear your concerns. I plan to limit travel as much as possible. I plan to release my campaign schedule by at least early next week. You all deserve to hear what I accomplished this term and why I would deserve to be re-elected. Remember, I will always fight for you and keep the Chamber stable. The Southern Chamber needs a leader and I plan to stand in whenever necessary. I also hope to explain my past votes and any concerns you may have about the activity level in the Chamber. If I am speaker next session, I pledge to improve activity.

Thank you.

Deputy Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 12:48:32 PM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

Campaign Platform

Here are some of the things I have accomplished this term in the Southern CoD:

-Providing reliable leadership in times of need, e.g. YT stepping down, fulfilling duties as Deputy Speaker
-Encouraging votes in the CoD. Much still needs to be done to improve here but activity will likely increase next term
-Reintroduced Daylight Savings Time Amendment after it failed due to inactivity to improve voter awareness of poll closings
-Worked with Gov to pass bipartisan legislation - ex. traffic camera bans
-Supporting 2nd amendment right while advocating for common sense protections

Next session (if elected) I pledge to:

Social Issues
-Protect the rights of the unborn

Economy
-Cutting taxes and regulation to stimulate economic growth
-Providing an tax credit for childcare

Education
-Moving toward universal pre-K

Chamber related

-Remain active in voting and bringing bills to the floor and become even more active in debates
-Standing for Speaker to ensure that the South has a stable leadership and consistent vision for the future

Healthcare

-Reduce health insurance premiums for employees by providing tax credits to businesses
-Grant premium tax credits (regional subsidy) based on the poverty level in lower income communities across the South

Infrastructure
-Invest in regional infrastructure such as railways, highways, and bridges via subsidy
-Expand autonomous automobile technology by encouraging research and development

Environment
-Advocate for our coal miners but also allow for them to transition to other fields
-Safeguard our parks by allowing limited drilling and logging

Federal issues
-Urge federal admin to take tougher stance on China while avoiding foreign entanglements abroad
-Protect regional sovereignty of the state of Kansas

As for my stances on the issues, I continue to be an advocate for the unheard and oppressed. I am a moderate Federalist, rooted in the principles of fiscal centrism and social moderation. I embody the Moderate Federalist Caucus sentiment.

I plan to hold a town hall tomorrow to address any questions, comments, or concerns you may have before the election next week. Once again, campaign stops will be extremely limited due to the COVID-19 outbreak. But I do plan to hold some virtual events. Thank you all.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 07:13:59 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2020, 11:21:54 AM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

Voter Townhall

Voter Townhall will be at 3 PM ET today. You may ask questions below or via PM.  You also may feel free to submit after that up until the election next week.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Deputy Speaker Spark
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2020, 02:27:10 PM »

What will you do to address police brutality in Atlasia?

What is your proudest legislative achievement thus far in the game?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2020, 02:50:28 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2020, 02:56:19 PM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

What will you do to address police brutality in Atlasia?

What is your proudest legislative achievement thus far in the game?

To address police brutality, we must first address and acknowledge that these racial divisions exist. There are disparities in our communities related to schooling, residences, employment practices, etc. This is a result of discrimination. The systemic racism is evident in our society and it has to stop. Police brutality is part of a larger problem in our nation. To counteract this problem, it is important to equip our police departments with body cameras to ensure accountability. Secondly, we must ban dangerous restraining techniques. Thirdly, we must train our officers police departments in recognizing their innate biases to curtail racial profiling. Minority communities are most affected by racial profiling more than others. Each citizen must feel comfortable going about their daily lives and there is no excuse for it not to happen. Police are stewards of the public trust and they should not be abusing that confidence. If I am re-elected, I plan to take decisive action in limiting the bias prevalent in our policing as well as safeguarding our citizens from harm as well as vigilantism.

As far as my proudest legislative achievement in the game, arguably I'd say the Inmate Resources Act I've proposed is a signature one. I have done very much so far to encourage criminal justice reform and do expect that will continue. I also have proposed increased transitional services for our youth. Our youth deserve the best possible life and to reform their actions so that recidivism does not occur.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 02:39:56 PM »

Southern Chamber Candidates Debate

Hello my fellow Southerners, as you already may know I have decided to participate in a debate hosted by our Southern Senator and moderator LT. Please be sure to ask questions there.

Here is my response for Day 1:

Candidates, please make your opening statement

I would first like to thank Senator LT for hosting this debate and to the other candidates in the race here today. I know that you are all running to make this a better region for all of us. I have decided to run for re-election to the Southern Chamber because our region calls for leadership, duty, and transparency during a time of crisis right now. I have provided a steady hand throughout my time serving in the Chamber. During my time in office, I've heeded the concerns of my constituents. I am a principled advocate for those who are downtrodden and cannot speak, we give voices to those who are less fortunate than ourselves. My mission as a legislator is to bring the true promise of the Southern region and bring it to all of our citizens. Whether this may be to reform our criminal justice system as I have done, to protecting the rights of the unborn, and fostering economic growth. There is nothing we cannot accomplish when we all work together. I have worked extensively with Governor MB in passing bi-partisan legislation and have not hesitated to reach across to work with him or the Labor Party. We need more conciliatory debate and less division.

What do you believe is the best approach when handling law and order in Atlasia today. How should policing be reformed, and what is your position on race relations in our region?

The best approach to handling law and order in Atlasia today is to build bridges between the community and the police. Those who live in minority neighborhoods view the police differently. This is the reason community policing is important. The police should not only visit the neighborhood when something goes awry, but to engage with the residents in that neighborhood. In police reform, a multi-faceted problem exists which is systemic racism. During my time in office, I've focused on providing our youth and ex-offenders with the tools that they need to succeed after their release. The notion of qualified immunity should be eliminated because this grants police officers the opportunity to abuse their public trust placed in them by the people. Secondly, forceful restraints such as choke-holds should be banned. So many lives have been lost due to improper technique and this should be eliminated from the police training. In police academies, we should begin implementing bias recognition training for police to realize that their internal tendencies affect their actions.

How do you believe you can use your experience or lack thereof to guide the way you will work to govern for the people of our region and help get a new generation of players engaged in our region and game?

My experience in the game guides the way I govern for the people each day. My internal motivation and determination to make changes does not waver. I am a consistent officeholder in the game and have been active. I stood in during moments of uncertainty such as when former Speaker YT needed to step down. I kept the Chamber moving when it needed it most. I believe I am the best person positioned to lead and improve the legislative activity of this honorable Chamber. I also helped to begin the Moderate Federalist Caucus of the Federalist Party. I have been actively working to help recruit new members regardless of party to become involved in the game. The game does not flourish when there is a lack of new members or activity. I welcome newcomers and believe they have much to contribute to our region and Atlasia.

As you all may have heard, there have been several efforts to move Kansas from the Southern region to Fremont. What is your stance on irredentism regarding states along our regional borders?

As you recall from the post on my office, I am vehemently against the acquisition of Kansas by the Fremont region. Kansas is a sovereign entity which did not wish to leave the Southern region. As a legislator, I will continue doing everything I can to protect the sovereignty of the state of Kansas and to safeguard it from any attempts to threaten that sovereignty.

I'd enjoy hearing from you on the issues affecting the South. I hope to earn your support.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »

A few questions
1. What will you do to advance the traditional family?
2. What will you do to protect freedom of speech and expression?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 02:28:33 PM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

A few questions

These are great questions, thank you Jessica.

1. To advance the traditional family we must first recognize that we need to provide for the middle-class in the South. If I am re-elected, I will advocate for a child income tax credit adjusted by income to each family in the South for childcare. This will provide spouses with the opportunity to work to sustain their families. We should work to expand pre-kindergarten education so that our children begin to interact with others at an early age. Too many in the South live only with one parent who may struggle to provide for their children. Economic support is the least we can do to ease this burden.

2. Freedom of speech and expression should be at the forefront of our society. The government must recognize the rights of the people and be careful not to infringe upon them. Government must allow diversity of thought and perspectives. The government should never censor the citizens unless in times of exigency. Permitting free speech is not enough as we must strike down laws that inhibit it. If I am re-elected, I plan to review and excise any prior legislation that adversely affects the right to free speech.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2020, 02:21:27 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2020, 07:15:15 PM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

Write-in Campaign for Southern Governor

Hello my fellow Southerners, as you may know I am running for re-election to the Southern Chamber. I also would like to announce a write-in campaign for Southern Governor. I believe that the people of the South deserve a choice in this election. Governor MB, in my view, has fulfilled his duty so far this term. However, I still would like to offer a viable alternative. My platform remains the same. I will continue to fight for you each day.

Some of my priorities would be to increase economic development across the South by cutting taxes and regulations for individuals as well as businesses. I would also revitalize the healthcare system and make it more affordable for lower income individuals and families who feel constrained by the COVID-19 pandemic. While the Governor's focus is on freedom of choice during this time, we should also keep in mind that we need to maintain order and encourage a message of hard work, lawful and constructive behavior, and hope.

I'd be honored to have your support for this bid to foster some competition and freedom of choice in our region.

Thank you.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2020, 04:07:52 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2020, 08:18:55 PM by Deputy Speaker Spark »

2nd Round of Candidates Debate for Southern Chamber of Delegates

Hello again my fellow Southerners! You may view my responses in the debate here:

Round 2:

From Ted Bessell: How should the South continue to address the ongoing pandemic?

The South should address the ongoing pandemic by supporting our healthcare workers who work tirelessly to care for the infirmed. The South should grant subsidies to regional hospitals to ensure that they have the capacity to care for additional patients. A surge in cases causes hospitals to become strained, and without sufficient beds and a lack of funding, many lives can be lost.

As I described previously in addressing healthcare, we should also implement a child care tax credit to ease the burden for families during the pandemic. While the economic effects of the pandemic are widespread, we need to ensure that there are protections such as unemployment insurance available.

The pandemic also has caused a mental health crisis. It can only be solved by increasing funding to community centers so that they can hire additional mental health workers and meet the demands of patients' care. Another option can be to include mental health care into the primary care model. Screening for mental health issues through the primary care provider can be useful in treating our citizens.

From Thumb21: What sort of strategy should the Southern Government be taking over the next few years to get the South out of the recession?

The strategy that the Southern government should take to combat the recession is to reduce taxes. We need to cut the income tax and invest in infrastructure spending in our roads, bridges, rail-lines, and airports. Encouraging people to spend once the pandemic has ceased is an important driver to bring the economy out of the recession. The recession was caused by a decrease in consumer and business spending. The government's role should be to intervene during a time like this to safeguard our citizens and businesses.

From Ted Bessell: Should Confederate statues and monuments be moved out of the public eye?

While the statues are important as a historical and cultural perspective, they should be moved into museums. That said, it is important to defuse the tensions that these symbols cause and understand the impact that it has on the lives of so many of our citizens. Destruction of property or disorderly conduct is inexcusable, and should not be tolerated anywhere in the South.

From DeadPrez: What are your thoughts on the college access act that's being debated on in the senate?

I wanted to comment on how the sponsor of the bill seeks to eliminate AP courses in high schools. AP courses are fundamentally important in preparing our youth to attend colleges across the South. Enrolling our students in the Advanced Placement program is especially important for college readiness and has been proven to improve performance during the first-year of college. Receiving passing scores on the AP examinations is helpful for students because they receive college credits. This enables our students to "test out" of a particular course, saving them money which may cause an undue hardship for them. I am opposed to that provision of the bill. I believe that every Atlasian and citizen in the South deserves a quality education and educational opportunity to the fullest extent.

From Weatherboy: What is your plan to improve and expand our public transportation systems?

I actually have worked on a bill in the past to increase transportation access to rural areas. Upgrading and modernizing our transportation grid is important to lessening travel times and improving safety measures. We can benefit our regional transit by investing in our regional transportation centers. While I do not support raising taxes in many areas, I believe that some revenue should be devoted to increasing funding for reliable public transportation and keeping this funding in place.

From Jessica: How do you plan to advance the traditional family? How do you plan to advance freedom of speech and maintain it during this period of constant attack? What kind of punishments for the people that took part in the rioting, looting and thief of our businesses?

I previously addressed these questions here:

A few questions

These are great questions, thank you Jessica.

1. To advance the traditional family we must first recognize that we need to provide for the middle-class in the South. If I am re-elected, I will advocate for a child income tax credit adjusted by income to each family in the South for childcare. This will provide spouses with the opportunity to work to sustain their families. We should work to expand pre-kindergarten education so that our children begin to interact with others at an early age. Too many in the South live only with one parent who may struggle to provide for their children. Economic support is the least we can do to ease this burden.

2. Freedom of speech and expression should be at the forefront of our society. The government must recognize the rights of the people and be careful not to infringe upon them. Government must allow diversity of thought and perspectives. The government should never censor the citizens unless in times of exigency. Permitting free speech is not enough as we must strike down laws that inhibit it. If I am re-elected, I plan to review and excise any prior legislation that adversely affects the right to free speech.

As for the question regarding the rioting and looting, these citizens are taking advantage of an out of control situation. Many are in difficult circumstances and view it as an opportunity. However, this is no excuse for breaking the law. Penalties need to proportionate to the crimes committed. To maintain order, we must enunciate the consequences for errant actions.

From Spark: If elected, what will you do to address housing in our region?

I have addressed this before, but the overall theme is rooting out discrimination in housing and ensuring that gentrification is not a widespread phenomenon.  

I will continue to answer any questions posted here to my office as well. Thank you all.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies