Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31456 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« on: January 26, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2020, 09:22:07 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Response to Pence Tax Plan

Well, once again, the Middle Class is cut out. President Pence has decided that he will prioritize his Corporate buddies, instead of the farmers in Iowa, or the Single Mother in Nevada. It's shameful. He is cutting the Corporate Tax Rate by 6 percent, and cut the Income Tax for the richest in America by 3 percent. Why are they paying less? His logic makes no sense, and is an embarrassment to the American People. As President, I will reverse this Tax Plan, and institute a Fair Plan that cuts taxes for those that do the most, but make the least, and increase the tax for the Top 1 Percent. We must change this country for the better.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 08:01:52 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2020, 09:22:42 PM by jakobisgood »

BRAVE WINS

America, today we are embarking on a long, long adventure. We'll have our highs. We'll have our lows. But, we will never give up. We will never quiver at the sight of a challenge or competition. Nothing has ever been easy in my life. From running for Congress in a district where farm animals outnumbered Democrats, to running for Senate against a Corrupt Republican. Nothing has ever been easy, and I don't expect it to be. This race has so many great candidates, but I have something special to offer to the American People. I'm tested. I'm dedicated. I'm prepared. I am Brave. We need a President that is Brave, that won't back down at any point. I will never allow our country to become a laughing stock, as some Republicans like Mike Pence would do. This election, we must do something brave. We're going to take our message across this country. To Iowa, to New Hampshire, to Texas, to California, to Georgia, to Idaho, and everywhere else in this country. Together we will bridge this divide that the Republican Party has crafted, and put the issues that so many Americans hold dear. Medicare for All, Ending Wars, Comprehensive Gun Reform Legislation, and so much more. I hope that you all join me in this race, because this country is brave, always been, so let's elect a President that'll be Brave, together.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »

General & Personal Questions
I was proud to be the first candidate to call out the President on this Tax Plan. He told me to read the bill, well, Mr. President I did read the bill. I know what you're doing, Mr. President. You are trying to cut taxes for your friends in the Cayman's instead of the hardworking mothers and fathers across the country. It's shameful. I will never vote in favor of this tax legislation, as it stands. The President needs to meet with Senate and House Democrats and negotiate this Tax Bill. You cannot pass this by yourself, Mr. President, you need the Democratic Party to agree on this bill.
I have always stood for a Medicare for All Healthcare System. Even though I support Medicare for All, I do not support the abolition of Private Insurance. I believe that every American should have the access to Quality, Affordable, Healthcare, but if you want to keep the insurance that your employer provides, you should be able to do that. I am for Liberty, and Freedom, and that includes our Healthcare System. I met a little girl in Des Moines, Iowa a couple days ago. Her mom had just lost her job, which meant that little girl didn't have Health Insurance. That little girl had got sick and needed medicine critically. When they went to the pharmacy, guess how much that medicine cost? $800. $800 for medicine, because they didn't have Health Insurance. Are you kidding me? This is absolutely disgraceful. There has to be major change in this country. I am willing to say on Day One, we will pass Universal, Medicare for All, and finally establish a Fair Healthcare System in this country
I am proud to be endorsed by one of the authors of the Green New Deal. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has endorsed my campaign, and has joined me in Iowa for multiple campaign events. Listen, we've got to do something. Ecosystems are being destroyed, animals killed, families damaged, and so much more. Just think about the people living in the Amazon, or the families living in Australia right now. Their home is on fire. The only way of life that they remember, and know, is burning. Yet, our citizens look to the President, and what does he do? Nothing. He continues to allow our ecosystem to be destroyed, and our world continues to burn. Our home is on fire, and we have to change it. On Day One, I will declare Climate Change a National Emergency, and immediately meet with members of Congress to develop comprehensive, and effective Climate Plans. I will always fight for our environment, and will advance our agenda of putting Climate First.

Personal Question
Well, Wolf, they've made our Government look life a laughing stock. President Pence has done nothing except demean our people, destroy our environment, sell out our workers, and completely destroy the image of our country. We've always been known as a strong nation, but under this Administration, we aren't seeing that. I cannot believe that he is sitting there, day by day, and just watching this. In the Senate, I've presented bills and motions throughout my careers to actually do something. Advance our Gun Safety Laws, Protect our Environment, Raise the Minimum Wage, Protect Workers' Rights, and so much more. I have always fought for this country, and the things that our Founding Fathers stood for. As President, I'll restore dignity to our country, and get things done. I know the Republicans and President Pence are scared of me, because they know that I can get things done, and that I will fight for the American People, something they haven't been doing for year.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »

Gillibrand Releases Plan for Infrastructure
Photo made by myself

Smarter:
Kirsten will set National Goals for a Transportation Network that will connect people to jobs, increase equity, and more. She'll create the first-ever national map that traces all road, rail, transit, air, and freight routes, to identity where obstacles exist, and where we need to fix them. She'll work with both the Public and Private Sector to rebuild our transportation systems, and invest back into the system, while creating more jobs.
Faster:
Kirsten will repair over 240,000 miles of roads, and over 15,000 bridges by 2025. She'll also open up an Infrastructure Lockbox, and introduce a Carbon Tax to help fund Major Repair and Creation Projects. She'll work to create millions of jobs repairing our far too long neglected infrastructure. She'll also invest $1 billion a year for Emergency Repairs as well as Potholes and other Surface Problems. Kirsten will also triple the Government's annual investment into the Public Transportation System, and create thousands of new jobs along the way.
Safer:
Kirsten will save over 20,000 lives by 2025 by creating the first ever National Safety Plan for all Americans. She'll also address the Top 100 Cities with the worst Water Infrastructure, and declare a National Emergency on our Water Infrastructure System. She'll also increase the EPA's Clean Water State Revolving Fund and the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to $6.5 billion annually to ensure proper protection of our Water.
Greener:
Kirsten will create a Climate Resilience Finance Corporation will $90 billion annually in treasury credit authority to provide loans, and grants to cities and state, as well as the Private Sector, to build and upgrade the Transportation, and Grid Infrastructure across the country. Kirsten will also modernize our nation's power grid to fit the 21st century and build a greener future. She'll also provide funding to transition to pollution-free electric vehicles and implement standards to build a pollution-free transportation system running on clean energy. She'll also launch a  Zero-Emissions Trucks and Buses Hubs Program in 10 to 15 big metro areas to bring ports, shippers, and other private and public operators of trucks and buses together with manufacturers to jump-start electrification of ports and freight hubs.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2020, 08:37:53 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Debate Answers
Credit to Flickr for the Photo

Opening Statement
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Ni hao, Ola. We all come from different backgrounds, but we all have something in common. We're proud Americans. We're proud of what our country has become, a place where all citizens have the opportunity to live the American Dream. I grew up in a small city, with a small family. I didn't know much else about what was out there. I ran for Congress, beat a corrupt Republican, and took the fight that so many of us stood for to Washington. I fought for American Farmers, for Equal Rights for all Americans, and voted multiple times to ensure that our citizens had everything they needed. Then, I moved down to New York City. This is what I didn't know about. It was different, so much different, than where I had grown up. I wasn't a city girl, I was a country girl. There was people getting hurt, families getting destroyed, business owners losing their businesses, I knew I had to do something. So, I went to the United States Senate. I work bi-partisanly to get things done for all Americans. I know what it's like to be in a tough situation, because I lived it for 30 years. I'm ready to be your champion in the Oval Office, and bring the issues that we care so deeply about to the frontlines.
Debate Question
Thank you for the question, Anderson. To clarify, I support Medicare for All who want it. I believe that we must still have the option for Private Health Insurance. It's obvious that something has got to change in this country. When we have people rationing their insulin to be able to feed their kids, something is wrong. When we see School Teachers choose to buy school supplies instead of buying their cholesterol prescription, something is wrong. We have a lot of problems, and Mike Pence doesn't care. He doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about your family. And he sure as hell doesn't care about your problems. I've always been a fighter for the American People. I am proud to be endorsed by a champion of Affordable Healthcare, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I know that we can change our Healthcare System, because I was there when President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law. There is opportunity for some big change, we just need the right leader to do so.
Closing Statement
I'd like to thank Anderson, my fellow candidates, and the audience for joining us here tonight. We discussed a bunch of issues tonight. The cost of Healthcare, Immigration, Taxes, Climate Change, and more. What we haven't discussed is how the people in Rural Iowa are feeling. How they don't believe that this President is representing their issues, and that some people on this stage don't represent their issues. I grew up a Small Town Girl. I represented a Congressional District where Farm Animals outnumbered Democrats. Yet, I won my election, twice. Expanding on my lead, and winning counties that went safely to Donald Trump. I know how to win, I know what voters care about. I have fought my whole career for the average American. As President, I'll lower taxes for the middle class, ensure Healthcare becomes affordable, protect our workers, create millions of new jobs, fix our broken infrastructure, put an end to climate change, and build a stronger America. I'm not afraid of Mike Pence or the Republican Party. Nothing has ever been easy for me. This election, I hope that I can earn your vote, so that we can tell the Republican Party and Mike Pence, Brave will Win.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:01 PM »

Gillibrand Announces New Endorsement
Credit to Flickr for the photo

Quote from Rep. Finkenauer
I believe that we have to answer those questions that so many Americans are asking. How will we defeat Climate Change? How can we ensure our children can go to school without having to think about if this is the day that a School Shooting occurs? How can I pay the bills with three kids? We have to answer those questions. I'm new to Washington, but I understand that a lot of things don't get done there. I know someone though, that has set partisan politics aside and actually worked for the American People. Kirsten Gillibrand, that is why I am proud to stand with her today, and officially endorse her campaign for President of the United States.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 08:35:22 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2020, 09:21:21 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Releases LGBTQ Equality Plan
Credit to medium.com for the photo

Equal Treatment for LGBTQ Americans
Kirsten will fight for and sign the Equality Act and take executive action to protect LGBTQ federal employees and contractors; create new opportunities for all Americans, including LGBTQ people, to thrive and succeed economically; protect LGBTQ housing rights and increase access to affordable housing; and increase investment and resources, like rural broadband access and community health centers, to support LGBTQ people living in rural communities.
HIV/AIDS Epidemic
Kirsten will expand health coverage through a Medicare for All Who Want It, ensure coverage of gender-affirming care, and fund bias training for health professionals that includes the LGBTQ+ community; invest in research, care and prevention to end HIV/AIDS by 2030, including fully funding the Ryan White CARE Act and making PrEP available without a prescription; and ensure mental health coverage, improve screening and treatment for depression and address substance use disorder.
Promoting Fairness and Equality for LGBTQ Youth and Seniors
Kirsten will launch a federal “Respect for All” initiative to combat bullying, harassment and discrimination; promote school-based mental health programs and strengthen suicide prevention efforts; protect LGBTQ youth from the harmful practice of conversion therapy by banning the practice; expand support for shelters and services for homeless and runaway youth; and ensure equal treatment of child and families in the child welfare system, as well as LGBTQ seniors in federally funded long-term care facilities.
Violence Against Transgender Women of Color
Kirsten will make hate and bias crimes a top federal priority; reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act and fund family justice centers and community-based programs like Cure Violence; mandate oversight, accountability and training for federal law enforcement, pressure states to follow suit, fund training in de-escalation and implicit bias nationwide, and investigate and reform police agencies with an abusive history, including against LGBTQ people; and, as part of her commitment to reforming the criminal justice system, work to drastically reduce incarceration, fund mental health and substance use disorder services for incarcerated people, and reverse the Trump administration policy that prevents transgender people from accessing facilities, services and basic necessities that are consistent with their gender identity.
Reflecting our Diversity in the Executive
Kirsten will do so by appointing staff and cabinet members who reflect the full diversity of the country; recommitting the U.S. to the Global Equality Fund and the effort to eradicate HIV/AIDS worldwide by 2030; working to ensure that foreign countries work towards Equality and commit to the UN's Equality Goals, and more.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 08:49:47 PM »

Gillibrand Releases Teachers' Pay and Support Plan

Triple Funding for Title I Schools
Those schools with high numbers of students from low-income backgrounds need more resources if their students are to have equal opportunities to succeed. Kirsten will triple funding for Title I Schools to support additional services for low-income students above and beyond state and local funding resources, as well as to raise teacher salaries.
Teachers Wage Gap
Kirsten will eliminate the wage gap for Title I teachers. Kirsten will increase salaries for teachers, school leaders, and school support staff; support recruitment, training, and retention of diverse educators; and expand funding for supplemental services for students. Districts will be required to use the increased funding to first close the salary gap in Title I schools so these jobs are competitive with other jobs in their area that require similar education and training. They will also have to invest in additional supports for students, including mental health services and curricular innovation.
Diversifying the Workforce
Kirsten will invest in diversifying the teaching workforce and growing the leadership of school leaders of color, who currently make up less than one-quarter of all school principals. Districts submitting school improvement plans to states will also be asked to identify strategies to improve teacher racial diversity which research has shown is a driver of success for all students as a key component of their plans.
Supporting Teacher Unions
Kirsten will guarantee the right to collectively bargain for all educations in the United States. She'll pass a 21st Century Education Reform Act within her First 100 Days, and create a Safer and Fairer Environment for all Educators. She'll also attend Annual Summits and Events for the NEA, AFT, and other Teachers Unions to support their push for a Fairer Education System.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »

Gillibrand January Campaign Schedule

January 1st - 25th: Iowa
Des Moines, Iowa
- Open Campaign Office
- Rally with Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
- Meet with Iowa Democrats
- Deliver Speech at Simpson College
- Door to Door with Volunteers
- Train and Hire New Staffers
- Interview on CBS
- Town Hall
- Attend Church Service

Dubuque, Iowa
- Open new Campaign Office
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Interview on Secular Talk via Skype
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Meet Teachers at Bryant Elementary School
- Speak at the University of Dubuque
- Voter Registration Drive
- Meet with Local Union Workers

Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Train and Hire new Staffers
- Meet with Local Social Care Workers
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Fundraiser
- Hold Town Hall

Waterloo, Iowa
- Speak with Students at East High School
- Meet with Iowa College Democrats
- Town Hall
- Attend Local Music Festival
- Meet with Union Leaders

Sioux City, Iowa
- Train and Hire new Staffers
- Town Hall
- Speak at Iowa Democrats Event
- Meet with Teachers
- Fundraiser
- Reveal "Western Iowa" Initiative

Fort Madison, Iowa
- Hold Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Town Hall
- Speak at Southeastern Community College
- Meet with local Union Leaders
- Attend PTA Meeting at Local High School

Boone, Iowa
- Speak with College Democrats of Iowa
- Attend Local LGBTQ Event
- Meet with Seniors in Retirement Home
- Volunteer Training
- Ordering more Campaign Material
- Fundraiser

January 26th - 30th: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Meet with local Union Leaders
- Town Hall
- Speak at Nevada State College
- Meet with High School Democrats of Nevada
- Speak about Gun Violence on the Las Vegas Strip
- Rally with Moms Demand Actions
- Interview with the NY Times
- Interview with POLITICO
- Hire and Train new Staff

January 31st: New Hampshire
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Speak on the Opioid Epidemic at Southern New Hampshire University
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »

Response to Sen. Portman
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 09:29:55 PM »

Gillibrand Released Reproductive Rights Plan

Access
I will do everything in my power to protect access of safe, legal abortion. A large majority of Americans support Roe v. Wade, and our women deserve a President who will their right to make decisions about their own bodies. We have to reject politicians’ efforts to chip away at reproductive health care access in Congress and in states across the country. I would end harmful policies like the Hyde Amendment, which disproportionately restricts access to abortion for low-income women and women of color. I would repeal President Trump’s gag rule, because no politician should come between doctors and their patients.
Prevention
I will protect access to health care that prevents unintended pregnancy. Let’s state the obvious: If politicians really wanted to decrease abortion rates, rather than just interfere in women’s lives, they’d get serious about defending and expanding access to birth control, guaranteeing sex education, and investing in — not gutting — Title X family planning funding. This is basic health care, and we won’t go backward on it.
Care
I will protect doctors and organizations that provide abortion, not defund, silence, criminalize or endanger them. The lies Mike Pence peddles about abortion providers put them and their patients in grave danger. We must put a stop to clinic violence by protecting the doctors, nurses and clinic workers who provide abortion care. And I will always protect funding for Planned Parenthood, a life-saving, necessary health care provider for millions of Americans.
Courts
I will protect the courts from being taken over by anti-choice extremists. As president, I will only nominate judges — including Supreme Court justices — who will commit to upholding Roe v. Wade as settled law and protect women’s reproductive rights. mericans are guaranteed the constitutional right to legal abortion in Roe v. Wade, and it’s past time for Republicans to stop using the issue as a political football. In fact, it’s past time for Republican politicians to stop interfering in women’s personal lives, period. Our right to make personal health decisions for ourselves and our families is nonnegotiable. In the face of relentless attacks from the Trump administration and its allies in Congress, I have always stood up to protect women’s most fundamental human rights. As president, I won’t just continue to defend women’s civil rights from political attacks — I’ll make guaranteeing those rights a priority. Women are half of this country, and they deserve nothing less.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 12:36:52 AM »

Gillibrand February Campaign Schedule
Credit to WikiMedia Commons for the photo

February 1st - 9th: South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the College of Charleston
- Meet with South Carolina Democrats
- Town Hall
- Interview via Skype
- Speak at South Carolina Democrats Event
- Launch "South Carolina for Kirsten" Initiative

Columbia, South Carolina
- Meet with local Business Owners
- Speak at the University of South Carolina
- Town Hall
- Meet with High School Democrats of South Carolina
- Launch Economic Equality Plan
- Meet with Moms Demand Action

Greenville, South Carolina
- Fundraiser
- Town Hall
- Meet Seniors at Retirement Home
- Meet with local Union Workers
- Attend Local Concert
- Meet with local Teachers

February 10th - 25th: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Town Hall
- Meet with Students at Local Recreation Center
- Launch "Nevada for Kirsten" Initiative
- Attend Local Concert
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Speak at Nevada State College
- Meet with Moms Demand Action
- Launch LGBTQ Equality Plan
- Launch "Latinos para Kirsten" Initiative

Reno, Nevada
- Meet with Nevada Democrats
- Speak at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Town Hall
- Interview via Skype
- Film Campaign Ad
- Fundraiser

February 26th - 27th: Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Town Hall
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the University of Iowa

February 28th: New Hampshire
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Speak at St. Anslem College
- Fundraiser
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 11:33:17 AM »

Rosen Announces Endorsement
Credit to Flickr for the photo

I believe that it is necessary that we have a President that will reflect the diversity of our country in HER Cabinet. As Senator from Nevada, I represent a very diverse and active group of people, and I believe that it is my Civil Duty to endorse someone for the Office of President that will reflect that. That is why I am endorsing Kirsten Gillibrand to be the next President of the United States!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »

Gillibrand Response to Pence Tweet
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020, 05:16:54 PM »

Gillibrand Announces Campaign Team

Campaign Manager:
David Plouffe, Former Senior Advisor and Campaign Manager for Obama 2008

Financial Director:
Dennis Cheng, Former Hillary for America Finance Director

Campaign Chair:
Steve Hildebrand, Former Obama 2008 Deputy Campaign Manager

Vice Campaign Chair:
Marcus Jadotte, Former Kerry for America 2004 Deputy Campaign Chairman

Communications Director:
Stephanie Cutter, Former Kerry for America 2004 Communications Director

Iowa Field Director:
Derek Eadon, Iowa Democratic Chairman

National Field Director:
Amy Dacey, Former Kerry for America 2004 Political Director

Campaign Treasurer:
Martin Nesbitt, Former Obama 2008 Campaign Treasurer

Volunteer Coordinator:
Jon Carson, Former Obama 2008 National Field Director

Political Director:
Thomas Wheatley, Former Kate Brown for Governor Campaign Manager

Scheduler:
Jennifer Goodman, Former Obama 2008 Campaign Scheduler

Technology Manager:
Stephanie Hannon, Former Hillary for American Technology Coordinator

Office Manager For HQ:
Patty Solis Doyle, Former Joe Biden Chief of Staff

Legal Adviser:
Clifford B. Ammons, Lawyer from Mississippi

Campaign Lawyers:
David C. Ashburn, Lawyer from Ohio
Thomas J. Bond, Lawyer from Texas
Donald C. Brey, Lawyer from Ohio
Tom Clark, Lawyer from Louisiana

Press Secretary:
Dan Pfeiffer, Former Obama 2008 Traveling Campaign Press Secretary

Senior Advisor:
Jeff Weaver, Former Bernie for Us 2016 Campaign Manager

Director of Speech Writing:
Ben Stein, Former Speech Writer for many U.S. Presidents

Director of Internet Strategy:
Kenneth Pennington, Former Bernie for Us Digital Director

Pollsters:
Ben Tulchin, Founder of Tulchin Research
Paul Harstad, Former Pollster for Obama 2008
Cornell Belcher, Former DNC Pollster

Research Director:
Devorah Adler, Former Obama 2008 Research Director

Director of State Campaigns:
Brandon Maheu, Former Director of State Campaigns for Bernie for Us

Battleground State Director:
Robert Becker, Former Battleground State Director for Bernie for Us

Regional Directors:
Dulce Saenz, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico
Carlos Sanchez, Florida
Scott Siebel, New Hampshire and Maine
Javier Gonzales, California

National Student Organization Director:
Kunoor Ojha, Former NSOD for Bernie for Us

Lation Outreach Strategist:
John Podesta, Former Hillary for America Campaign Manager

Rapid Response Director:
Mike Casca, Former Bernie for Us RRD

GOTV Digital Director:
Melissa Byrne, Former Bernie for Us New Hampshire Digital Director

Digital Fundraising Director:
Tim Tagaris, Former Bernie for Us DFD

Digital Fundraising Manager:
Robin Curran, Former Bernie for Us DPD

Lead Graphic Designer:
Camilo Caffi, Former GD for Bernie for Us

African American Outreach Director:
Nadia Garnett, Former African America Vote Director for Hillary for America

Labor Outreach Director:
Fernando Losada, Former Labor Outreach Director for Bernie for Us

Native Outreach Director:
Nicole Willis, Former Bernie for Us NOD

LGBTQ Outreach Director:
Sarah Scanlon, Former LGBTQ Outreach Director for Bernie for Us

Muslim and Arab Outreach Director:
Ahlam Jbara, Former Bernie for US MAOD

AAPI Outreach Director:
Erica Lee, Former Bernie for Us AAPI Outreach Director

Women Outreach Director:
Alicia Toffoli, Former Bernie for Us Women Outreach Director

Director of Email Engagement:
Will Easton, Former DEE for Bernie for Us

Calling Program Director:
Kyle Machado, Former Bernie for Us CPD

Text for Alex Sink Director:
Daniel Souweine, Former Bernie for Us Text Director

National Data Director:
Willie Desmond, Former Bernie for Us NDD

National Targeting Director:
Kyle Cox, Former Bernie for Us NTD

Regional Data Desk:
John Miller, West Coast and Great Plains

National Director of Surrogates:
Rania Batrice, Former Bernie for Us NDS

National Surrogate Scheduler:
Julielyn Gibbons, Former Bernie for Us NSS

Travel and Logistics Coordinator:
Sarah Shaw, Former Bernie for Us TLC

Human Resources Director:
Aurora Hurd, Former Bernie for Us HRD
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »

Gillibrand March Campaign Schedule

March 1st - 19th: Iowa
Mason City, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the North Iowa Area Community College
- Launch "Northern Iowa for Kirsten" Initiative

Burlington, Iowa
- Fundraiser
- Launch "Southern Iowa for Kirsten" Initiative
- Meet with local High School Students
- Speak about Middle Class Tax Cuts

Sibley, Iowa
- Launch "Rural Iowa for Kirsten" Initiative
- Pick up Campaign Bus from local RV Park

Alvord, Iowa
- Meet with Local farmers

Gray, Iowa
- Meet with Local Teachers

Clinton, Iowa
- Fundraiser

Lansing, Iowa
- Speak with Local Union Workers

Cresco, Iowa

Decorah, Iowa
- Speak with Local Farmers

Fayette, Iowa
- Speak with Local Farmers

March 20th - 30th: Nevada
Carson City, Nevada
- Fundraiser
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Speak at Western Nevada College
- Launch "Western Nevada for Kirsten" Initiative
- Attend Local Concert

Smith, Nevada
- Fundraiser
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen
- Meet with Seniors at Local Retirement Home
- Speak with Teachers at Local High School

Vya, Nevada
- Speak about Opioid Crisis

Midas, Nevada
- Fundraiser

March 31st: New Hampshire
Concord, New Hampshire
- Speak about Opioid Crisis
- Fundraiser
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 09:20:23 PM »

Gillibrand Released Drug Prices Plan
Credit to medium.com for the Photo

Part One: I’ll create a Pharmaceutical Czar position through a presidential order to hold the industry accountable.
As part of my administration, I’ll appoint a Pharmaceutical Czar to lead an investigative and enforcement task force, which will exhaustively audit the predatory business practices of the pharmaceutical industry. The task force will work across agencies and include officials from the Department of Justice, Health and Human Services, Commerce, the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory agencies to assess every inch of their business dealings and marketing and sales practices.
Part Two:I’ll penalize and prosecute drug companies that hurt Americans.
As the joint investigative task force monitors and assesses pharmaceutical companies’ business dealings, we will penalize and prosecute where necessary. I’ll penalize drug companies that increase prices without justification, and reinvest the penalty revenue into drug research at the National Institutes of Health. I’ll also prosecute pharmaceutical companies and executives who knowingly push more addictive drugs and doses for the sake of their profits with criminal and civil charges.
Part Three: I’ll allow safe importation and negotiation of drug prices.
I’ll instruct Health and Human Services to set guidelines for the importation of safe, more affordable prescription drugs from licensed sellers in Canada. I’ll also put Medicare on the same footing as other federal health programs by allowing the program to negotiate for lower prices on prescription drugs. I believe health care is a right, and that includes having access to the medication you need. I don’t care how powerful Big Pharma is, or how infallible they think they are. I’ll fight to hold the industry accountable and lower prescription drug prices — and unlike President Pence, I’ll get it done.
Part Four: Fairier Prices
I'll Cap out-of-pocket drug spending for Medicare beneficiaries at $2,000 annually. I'll Authorize Medicare to negotiate the drug prices from the pharmaceutical industry. Allow commercial insurers to also use the negotiated price to lower drug prices for everyone, including those not on Medicare, and save taxpayers approximately $456 billion over ten years. I'll Require Medicare Part D health plans to promote the most cost-effective drugs, including generics, reducing premiums and co-pays for Medicare beneficiaries and overall U.S. health care spending.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »

Gillibrand Launches Iowa 99 County Tour
Photo Made by Me

Tour Launch: Alvord, Iowa
I'm proud to announce today that I will be emarking on a 99 County Tour of this beautiful state. I want to go from right here, in the very Northwest Corner of Iowa, all the way down to the South East. I want to meet so many of you, hear about your story, hear about your ideas, your family, and you. Politics to me has never been about myself, it's been about the people that I serve. A leader cannot truly act on the interests of their constituents and their citizens, if they don't know them, and know their problems. I hope that you all join me on this tour, and help us take this fight to the White House.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 04:52:05 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand April Schedule

March 1st - 27th: Iowa
99 County Tour:
Day One:
- Launch Tour, Alvord Iowa

Day Two:
- Speech in Sibley, Iowa
- Speech in Spriti Lake, Iowa
- Speech in Estherville, Iowa

Day Two:
- Speech in Algona, Iowa
- Speech in Forest City, Iowa
- Speech in Garner, Iowa
- Speech in Mason City, Iowa

Day Three:
- Speech in Northwood, Iowa
- Speech in Osage, Iowa
- Speech in Charles City, Iowa
- Speech in New Hampton, Iowa

Day Four:
- Speech in Cresco, Iowa
- Speech in Decorah, Iowa
- Speech in Waukton, Iowa
- Speech in West Union, Iowa

Day Five:
- Speech in Elkader, Iowa
- Speech in Waverly, Iowa
- Speech in Allison, Iowa
- Speech in Hampton, Iowa

Day Six:
- Speech in Clarion, Iowa
- Speech in Dakota City, Iowa
- Speech in Pocahontas, Iowa
- Speech in Emmetsburg, Iowa
- Speech in Spencer, Iowa

Day Seven:
- Speech in Storm Lake, Iowa
- Speech in Cherokee, Iowa
- Speech in Primghar, Iowa
- Speech in Orange City, Iowa

Day Eight:
- Speech in Le Mars, Iowa
- Speech in Sioux City, Iowa
- Speech in Ida Grove, Iowa
- Speech in Sac City, Iowa

Day Nine:
- Speech in Rockwell City, Iowa
- Speech in Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Speech in Webster City, Iowa
- Speech in Eldora, Iowa
- Speech in Grundy Center, Iowa

Day Ten:
- Speech in Waterloo, Iowa
- Speech in Independence, Iowa
- Speech in Manchester, Iowa
- Speech in Dubuque, Iowa
- Speech in Maquoketa, Iowa

Day Eleven:
- Speech in Anamosa, Iowa
- Speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Speech in Vinton, Iowa
- Speech in Toledo, Iowa
- Speech in Marshalltown, Iowa

Day Twelve:
- Speech in Nevada, Iowa
- Speech in Boone, Iowa
- Speech in Jeferson, Iowa
- Speech in Carroll, Iowa
- Speech in Denison, Iowa

Day Thirteen:
- Speech in Onawa, Iowa
- Speech in Logan, Iowa
- Speech in Harlan, Iowa
- Speech in Audubon, Iowa
- Speech in Guthrie Center, Iowa

Day Fourteen:
- Speech in Adel, Iowa
- Speech in Des Moines, Iowa
- Speech in Newton, Iowa
- Speech in Montezuma, Iowa
- Speech in Marengo, Iowa

Day Fifteen:
- Rest

Day Sixteen:
- Speech in Iowa City, Iowa
- Speech in Tipton, Iowa
- Speech in Clinton, Iowa
- Speech in Davenport, Iowa
- Speech in Muscantine, Iowa

Day Seventeen:
- Speech in Wapello, Iowa
- Speech in Washington, Iowa
- Speech in Sigourney, Iowa
- Speech in Oskaloosa, Iowa
- Speech in Knoxville, Iowa

Day Eighteen:
- Speech in Indianola, Iowa
- Speech in Winterset, Iowa
- Speech in Greenfield, Iowa
- Speech in Atlantic, Iowa
- Speech in Council Bluffs, Iowa

Day Nineteen:
- Rest
Day Twenty:
- Speech in Glenwood, Iowa
- Speech in Red Oak, Iowa
- Speech in Corning, Iowa
- Speech in Creston, Iowa
- Speech in Osceola, Iowa

Day Twenty One:
- Speech in Chariton, Iowa
- Speech in Albria, Iowa
- Speech in Ottumwa, Iowa
- Speech in Fairfield, Iowa
- Speech in Mount Pleasant, Iowa

Day Twenty Two:
- Speech in Burlington, Iowa
- Speech in Fort Madison, Iowa
- Speech in Keosauqua, Iowa
- Speech in Bloomfield, Iowa
- Speech in Centerville, Iowa

Day Twenty Three:
- Speech in Corydon, Iowa
- Speech in Leon, Iowa

Day Twenty Four:
- Speech in Mount Ayr, Iowa
- Speech in Bedford, Iowa
- Speech in Clarinda, Iowa

Day Twenty Five:
- Speech in Sidney, Iowa

Day Twenty Six:
- Rest

Day Twenty Seven:
- Finale in Des Moines, Iowa

March 28th - 31st: New Hampshire
Keene, New Hampshire
- Speech with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Put up Billboards and Signs
- Sign Wave
- Meet with Local College Students

Mount Washington, New Hampshire
- Sign Wave

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Meet with Local Seniors
- Attend Local Festival
- Put up Billboards
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 08:06:26 PM »

Gillibrand May Schedule

May 1st - 10th: Iowa
Ledyard, Iowa
- Speak with Teachers at Local High School
- Release Plan for Workplace Sexual Assault Prevention
- Barnstorm Rural Areas

Leon, Iowa
- Barnstorm Rural Areas
- Fundraiser
- Attend Local Concert

Logan, Iowa
- Barnstorm Rural Areas

Algona, Iowa
- Barnstorm Rural Areas

May 11th - 29th: Nevada
Rowland, Nevada
- Meet Local Union Workers

Mountain City, Nevada
- House Party

Austin, Nevada

Elgin, Nevada
- House Party

Lida, Nevada

Gabbs, Nevada

North Folk, Nevada
- House Party

Steptoe, Nevada

Thousand Springs, Nevada
- Fundraiser

Smith, Nevada
- House Party

Nixon, Nevada
- Meet Local Farmers

Charleston, Nevada

Ione, Nevada
- Meet Local Teachers

Unionville, Nevada

May 30th: California
Bakersfield, California
- Fundraiser
- Release Plan to End Climate Change
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »

Gillibrand Launches Ad, "Impossible" to be aired in IA, NH, NV, SC, CA, NY, and NJ
All Images Obtained on Flickr

They want to take away Healthcare from millions of Americans
They're attempting to make abortion illegal
They're trying to buy our elections.
We can't tune it out. We've got to shut it down.
I won't apologize for only nominating judges that support a Woman's Right to Choose.
I don't care if politicians are scared about my plan to get big money out of politics.
I'm proud that I supported Medicare for All Who Want It before it was popular.
Nothing is Impossible, if we fight for it.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, and I approve this message.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »

Gillibrand June Schedule

June 1st - 5th: New York
New York City, New York
- Fundraiser
- Attend Pride Parade
- Speak at NYU
- Door to Door with Staffers
- Sign Waving in Times Square
- Speak about College Tuition Costs

Albany, New York
- Fundraiser
- Attend Pride Parade

Buffalo, New York
- Fundraiser
- Door to Door with Staffers

Syracuse, New York
- Fundraiser
- Pride Parade

June 6th - 10th: Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pride Parade
- Fundraiser
- Speak about Reproductive Rights at Local Women's Health Center

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pride Parade
- Fundraiser

Erie, Pennsylvania
- Pride Parade
- Launch "Heartland for Kirsten" Initiative

June 11th - 18th: New Hampshire
Derry, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Fundraiser

Rochester, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Meet with Local Labor Unions

Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Fundraiser

Londonberry, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Attend Local Concert

Hampton, New Hampshire
- Fundraiser
- Meet with Homeless at Homeless Shelter

Durham, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade

Littleton, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Meet with Local Union Leaders

June 19th - 25th: Florida
Miami, Florida
- Pride Parade
- "Latinos para Kirsten" Event

Orlando, Florida
- Speak about Gun Violence at Pulse Night Club
- Pride Parade

Tampa, Florida
- Speak about Climate Plan

Jacksonville, Florida
- Speak about Plan for Racial Justice

Pensacola, Florida
- Speak about Plan for Social Security

St. Petersburg, Florida
- Fundraiser

Key West, Florida
- Meet with Seniors
- Speak about Plan for Social Security

June 26th - 30th: Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri
- Speak about Plan for Racial Justice
- Fundraiser

Springfield, Missouri
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez
- Pride Parade

Branson, Missouri
- Pride Parade
- Meet with Local Union Members

Kansas City, Missouri
- Speak about Plan for Healthcare
- Interview via Skype on CBS

June 31st: Iowa
Altoona, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Speak about Plan for Farmers
- Meet with Local Farmers
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Launches Digital Ad in IA, NH, NV, SC, CA, IL, and PA
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 09:20:52 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2020, 09:27:13 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Debate Answers
Credit to Wikimedia Commons for the Photo

Opening Statement
Thank you, Anderson. Tonight you will hear some very different ideas, from some very different people. I'm one of those people, and here's my story. I grew up a small town girl in a rural area of New York State. I didn't know much else about the rest of the world, except that it was very different from where I lived. My grandma was the head of the local Democratic Party, and she always fought for Progressive Issues, and taught me about the injustice of the world. When I became a Representative, I won in a district in which farm animals outnumbered the number of Democrats. Yet, I won twice, and brought Progressive Issues to the frontline. Then, I became a United States Senator and saw just how bad it was for people in different parts of country. That's when things changed for me. I never knew what it could be like to go days without eating so you could afford new shoes for your kid, or having to ration insulin. So, I took the fight that so many of you at home have to live through to Washington. I got things done, and I made life better for millions of Americans, and showed that Brave Wins.
Question
Thank you for the question, Anderson. It's true that some people on this stage are scared to stand up on issues that millions of Americans are demanding they fight for. From Healthcare, to Infrastructure, to Gun Control, and so many other things, our campaign has been the leading figure and the first to release a plan for. I've announced my ideas that I believe can transform our country for the better. I'd like to tell everyone here, and everyone watching at home, a little story. A little boy who was the son of a hardworking mother and father. The mom, was a Primary School Teacher, and the father was a Shipyard Worker. One day this little boy was walking home from school, when he had an allergic reaction. He was deathly allergic to Poison Ivy and many other harmful plants. He had fallen into a bed of Poison Ivy. When he reached for his Epipen, he remembered that his mother hadn't been able to get it refilled the week before because she didn't have enough money. That little boy laid there, hopeless, dying, simply because the price of Epipens were too expensive. This isn't just something that happens to one person, this has happened to over 110,000 Americans across our country. Tonight in the audience, is the father and mother of that little boy, Sarah and Dan. I'm running because people like Sarah and Dan shouldn't have to decide between their son's life, and putting food on the table. It's time for some real change on Prescription Judge Prices, and Healthcare, both of which I have released plans for. For those of you on this stage, who have yet to release plans on critical issues like this, you are being cowardly and are demeaning people like Sarah and Dan. Take a stand, even if it loses you votes, it is the right thing to do. When I am in that Oval Office, I will always put the correct, and just thing above my political career. Always, that's a promise.
Closing Statement
I want to thank Anderson, my fellow candidates, and everyone watching at home for listening to my plans tonight. This country was built by people like Pete from Michigan, or Susan from Idaho, or Jim from New Mexico. People that spend their daily life providing for their family, and working. The Middle Class. This country for too long has overlooked the Middle Class, and their contributions to our Economy. President Pence and his Crony Capitalist Friends would like to have you think that their way of Politics is the right way. Well, they're wrong. If I am President, I will reverse his horrible Tax Cuts and actually lower taxes for the Middle Class, I'll invest in our Infrastructure and build new Highways, Bridges, Schools, and Airports. I'll re-invest back into our Workers, and pass a Worker's Bill of Rights into Law, and I'll restore Dignity to the Office of President. I will work with both Republicans, and Democrats, to pass an agenda that is Pro-American, and Pro-Worker. I will never leave behind our Heartland, and will work to bring Economic and Social Justice back to the places that are under assault by the Pence Administration. I hope that you join me in this fight to show that Brave Wins, and take a stand with us now at kirstengillibrand.com. Thank you.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 08:28:28 PM »

Gillibrand July Campaign Schedule

July 1st - 10th: Illinois
Chicago, Illinois