Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:10:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31330 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: January 28, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »

Moulton TOWN HALL ANSWERS

Credit to the Wikimedia Commons for the photo above

Opening Statement

Hello, I'm Seth Moulton. A United States Representative from Massachusetts, a combat veteran from the war on terror, a recipient of the Bronze Star for valor, a graduate from Harvard, and a fan of the Boston Red Sox. If elected, I will be the youngest man elected to the office of the Presidency, and I will be the first combat veteran in over 30 years to be elected. With hard work, unity, and a clear message I believe we will defeat the Republican nominee in November, and we will renew the liberal ideas of our Democratic forefathers when we began this campaign we promised to take on the Washington insiders and billionaires and we're keeping to that same message. In the 2020's we will bring America into a clean, safe, and prosperous future this our decade America we need to step up!

1) Many of you have very strong views on the President's tax cuts, which recently passed the Senate 53-47, with six of you even voting on it (all against). Would each of you care to once again clarify your position on the issue, and would the Senators explain the reasoning behind their votes?

I do have a strong view on the President's "tax cuts", I was the first candidate here tonight who came out against them. what President Pence was proposing wasn't a tax cut for the American people, it was a tax cut for the billionaire donors he is beholden to. When this nation was founded there were no major corporations or Super PACs which could rule American politics and policy, so we can't look at the first amendment to decide if these groups millions are free speech, because it's simple. In a 21st century America, corporate speech is not speech, it's Electioneering simple as that. When I am President, we will finally achieve a goal of millions of Americans throughout the years, the passage of a constitutional amendment which overturns Citizens United, and enshrines the voting rights act as apart of our nation's core values.

2) Healthcare is the #1 issue Americans are concerned about this election cycle. How would each of you format healthcare under your administration?

During my time in Iraq, I met a little boy named Mahmoud, this was in a hospital in Baghdad. Mahmoud's family had been the victim of a revenge killing, because of his father's work with the United States military. A young boy no older than 10 or 11 years old watched his entire family get tortured and killed and then he was shot and left for dead, but that isn't the story of a boy who died, it is a story of a boy who lived, because of American doctors from the doctors without borders program. Under my administration, we will expand upon the Affordable Care Act and we will finally achieve what President Obama set out to achieve, every American no matter the income, race, religion, or age will receive the necessary healthcare that won't put them in crippling debt, the right to life is enshrined in the constitution, we need to send a message to the Big Pharma lobbyists in Washington, we won't be bought and we will fight for what's right! 

3) Climatologists now say we have little more than a decade to roll back our global greenhouse gas input before disastrous irreversibility strikes. Do you agree with this assessment? If so, how would you move to lessen this nation's carbon footprint? If not, why do you believe it not to be the case?

Do I agree with the statement? If I disagreed with it, it would be like if I disagreed with gravity, or if the moon was real. Apart of my first term is a massive infrastructure package that will commit $1.3 trillion dollars over the next decade to building clean, renewable, or carbon-neutral infrastructure in the United States. Already the cost of global warming is staggering, imagine a city like Jackson, Mississippi or Kansas City, Kansas being whipped off the face of the earth every year that is what climate change is doing today in 2020 imagine what it will be doing to our children or our children's children. This isn't just a solution for us, this is a solution for our children and our grandchildren. I went to Washington to offer bipartisan solutions, we won't achieve our goal if we don't work hard, and I am willing to commit to expanding green energy through renewable energy and a $10 billion commitment to the development and production of Thorium reactors.

4) You've been one of the staunchest critics of President Pence's tax cuts in the House. Do you believe your voice may resonate more with House Democrats than those of the other candidates in this race?

I've been one of the staunchest critics of the quote on quote tax cuts because they only cut taxes for people like Mr.Steyer and other billionaires. No offense Tom. My voice doesn't just resonate with the House Democrats, and it just isn't my voice. It is the people's voice, we don't need more tax cuts in this time of political instability in Washington, right now what is really needed is a new face of the Democratic party and a new leader for the past generation to pass the torch to. As President, I cannot promise you I will always do the most popular option, but I will always pick the option which is the best for the American people in my eyes. I will work to combat the deficit, I will work to combat the climate crisis, and we will work to turn America away from being the laughing stock President Pence has made it and make it again into the global power it was under President Obama.

rebuttal to Abrams

Mrs.Abrams, you never answered the question. You said, "I was wrong" you didn't say what your plan was for nuclear energy or renewable energy in general. Mrs.Abrams I ask you this if the President of the United States can't even make up their own mind on the issue of nuclear energy how will the President of the United States make up their mind on issues that are much more critical and time sensitive. 

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 05:38:42 PM by JacksonHitchcock »

wikimedia commons

Trumka on MSNBC Moulton's the one.

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
In the current Democratic field the only candidate who truly stands up for and represents the working class middle American values is Seth Moulton. I think I can say this he has the full support of the AFL-CIO in the primary and the general election. We need to take the fight to Union busting Mike Pence in the fall, and America need Seth Moulton as the Democratic nominee come November. He is a very smart man, and maybe we need an outsider to lead the fight for the middle class.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:18 PM »

Opening
Hello, I am Seth Moulton and I am running for President of the United States this upcoming November, I have served as a Marine infantry commander, a fighter for freedom and equality, and a United States Congressman from Massachusetts. When I commanded one of the first Marine platoons into the city of Baghdad in 2003, it was not for a war I believed in, but it was for my brothers and sisters in uniform that I did it. the motto of the corps is Semper Fi, Always Faithful, words for every citizen to live by. I won't make my experience in the military an issue in this campaign, because if you ask a veteran what they think of grandstanding politicians, who don't walk their talk, they don't care about party they care about policy. That's why I ran for Congress, and that's why I'm running for President. We need a President who puts country over party and puts the people over politics.

Question
I didn't work to fight the tax cuts, to be known for it here on the debate stage. I fought the tax cuts because they didn't help who would need them the most. In Iowa, I met a farmer who's struggling to make ends meet because of the tariffs, In New Hampshire, I met a family who had lost a father and son to the opioid crisis, and in Lowell, Massachusetts I saw a town get ripped to shreds over my entire life by the loss of the textile industry. I won't fight legislation put forward by anyone that helps those people, those in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Lowell who need the help. I will fight legislation that puts the people in the back seat and the President's "image" in the driver's seat. We need a President who has seen the dark side of things, and I have a message for President Pence today, I would like to work with you, to help fix Veterans Healthcare in this nation, why? Because those who have spent their lives protecting this nation and working for freedom and safety have been neglected, by both Democrats and Republicans for too long.

Closing statement

When I came to Washington, I came to create a better nation for my children. One where they will not be hampered by the bad policies of their predecessors, one where they won't be afraid of being shot and killed in school, and one where no parent and no child has to lose a loved one to opioid addiction. Together with me on this stage tonight is a group of career politicians and insiders. When I was in Iraq, it was to protect the men and women around me from harm. When I am in Washington it is to protect my constituents and my nation from harm, and when I am President my duty will be to my nation, my people, and my family. As I run for President, I am running not just in my own future, but the future of my children, and the future of our nation. I plead for you to give me the chance to launch America into a bright future, and not into a misguided, dark path.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:11:31 PM »

I am sorry to announce that I will be dropping out to continue my work in Congress, and my main priority which is raising my family. I will be endorsing Tom Steyer!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies