Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:22:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31370 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 11, 2020, 11:56:11 AM »

ABRAMS ANNOUNCEMENT

2020 presidential candidate and former Georgia House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams made an announcement in South Carolina today:

We've been spending quite a bit of time in the early states, and we're really appreciative of the support we've gotten in Iowa, South Carolina, Nevada, and New Hampshire. I'm going to be also helping out with our Democratic governor candidates so we can win a majority of State Houses this November. Tomorrow evening, I'll host a rally with Attorney General Andy Beshear in Kentucky. The week after that I'll be with my good friend, Governor John Bel Edwards. The following week, I'll be in my birth state of Mississippi rallying support for Attorney General Jim Hood. I hope my colleagues that are also running will join me in helping our friends running for Governor so we can take back the State House. The real change we can make isn't just through the federal government. It's through the state and local governments as well. I can't wait to help and I wish Mr. Beshear, Mr. Hood and Mr. Bel Edwards.

Images from Wikimedia Commons
adamevans
United States

« Reply #301 on: February 11, 2020, 03:23:34 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2020, 04:57:30 PM by adamevans »

(source hyperlinked)
Cory's Summer + Fall Schedule

Campaign Constants
Always periodically travel to local campaign HQs & meet staff, emphasize crucial campaign volunteering
Always meet with campaign officials & discuss strategy, fundraising, grassroots, social media
Always visit with local Democratic, non-partisan groups, political groups, local leaders, emphasize campaign message
Always talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is
Always periodically hold interviews with local radio stations and newspapers, emphasize campaign message

Manhattan (June 21)
Deliver speech regarding historical & modern LGBTQ+ discrimination
Visit local pride organizations, discussing ending LGBTQ+ discrimination.
Tour the original site of the Manhattan Stonewall Riots.

"The United States has made remarkable progress on equality in a relatively short amount of time. But there is still much work to be done. In many states, it is still legal to fire someone for being LGBTQ+. Incredibly, it is still legal to deny someone housing or service in the military for being transgender. That is unacceptable and must change. We must end discrimination in all forms."

South Carolina (June 22 - 30)
Hold campaign rallies in Columbia, Florence, Spartanburg, Greenville
In Columbia: tout mayor record as model for "urban revitalization"
Visit college campuses in town halls and Q&As, discussing debt, tuition cost
Appear at Clyburn Fish Fry event, emphasize Dr. King's economic justice message
Deliver policy speech on gun violence and taking on the NRA in Charleston

"In communities across the country, from Newark to Charleston, from Pittsburgh to Las Vegas, Americans are being killed and families are being torn apart by an epidemic of gun violence. We face an epidemic of gun violence in this country. A significant majority of Americans want common-sense gun reform. But the NRA, now a full-fledged, right-wing political organization, spends millions on TV and internet ads attacking candidates who dare to stand up for what voters want. When we are in the White House, we will move aggressively to end the epidemic of gun violence in this country and pass the common sense gun safety legislation that the overwhelming majority of Americans want."

Nevada (July 1 - 15)
Hold campaign rallies in Las Vegas (2), Henderson, Carson City, Reno
Visit minimum wage minority workers to discuss raising the minimum wage
Host town halls and Q&As with working families regarding healthcare costs
Launch phone-banking operation targeted at working-class minorities

"For the first time ever, the next generation will be worse off than the last. Our kids, our teens, young adults entering the economy, will be worse off than the generation before them because of stagnant wages and the skyrocketing prices of healthcare and tuition. I'm proud to stand up for a $15 living minimum wage because we need good jobs for our youth. I'm proud to stand up for tuition-free, debt-free college because in order to make certain that the next generation is stronger, they should not have to bear the cost of this trickle-down economy. We should invest in tax cuts for young people and middle class families, not blowing up the deficit with tax cut after tax cut for the rich. No more to an economy that works for only a wealthy few, it's time to make certain that the next generation can make by, and that can be done with a strong minimum wage and universal education."

Los Angeles (July 16)
Hold major campaign rally in Los Angeles
Emphasize: housing affordability, economic justice

Roll out "Equal Justice" criminal justice reform plan:
1) End harsh mandatory minimums for nonviolent drug offenses.
2) Eliminate the racially-targeted sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine.
3) Extend clemency to individuals serving excessive sentences for nonviolent drug offenses.
4) Decriminalize marijuana, expunge records, and restore justice to communities devastated by the War on Drugs.
5) Reinstate the right to vote in federal elections for formerly incarcerated individuals.
6) Improve the ability of those behind bars to stay in touch with their loved ones.
7) Remove barriers to employment for former felons by “banning the box”

"Today, we say to the prison-industrial-complex that we are going to bring about real criminal justice reform. We are going to end the international embarrassment of having more people in jail than any other country on earth. Instead of spending $80 billion a year on jails and incarceration, we are going to invest in jobs and education for our young people. No more private prisons and detention centers. No more profiteering from locking people up. No more 'war on drugs.' No more keeping people in jail because they're too poor to afford cash bail."

Iowa (July 17 - 25)
Hold campaign rallies in Ames, Iowa City, Des Moines
Tour across small towns in town halls and Q&As
Discuss bringing back commerce to rural America
Emphasize rebuilding "forgotten America"

New Hampshire (July 26 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Nashua, Portsmouth, Concord
Host town halls and Q&As in colleges and universities, discussing debt, tuition
Visit local working moms in town halls to discuss childcare, healthcare
Meet with families affected by the opioid epidemic in meet-and-greets

Alabama (Aug. 1 - 6)
Hold campaign rallies in Huntsville, Birmingham, Mobile
In Birmingham: emphasize ending gerrymandering and equal justice
Meet with families affected by marijuana incarceration in town halls
Visit local NAACP officials in round-table discussions regarding police reform

South Carolina (Aug. 7 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Columbia (3), Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg (2), Charleston (3)
In Charleston: emphasize rebuilding urban America, eliminating college tuition fees, police reform
Visit college campuses in town halls and Q&As, discussing debt, tuition cost
Tour senior centers discussing social security expansion and cutting drug costs
Meet with working families forced to file bankruptcy over medical bills and insurance costs
Deliver major policy speech regarding Cory Booker's plan for environmental justice

Cory Booker's Plan for Environmental Justice
1) Create a Climate Justice Resiliency Fund to aid climate-vulnerable, low-income communities
2) Repair the nation's water systems with significant reinvestment & guarantee clean water as a right
3) Ensure a hunger-free transition with universal public school meals & significant reinvestment in SNAP
4) Increase funding for firefighting to deal with more frequent and severe wildfires.
5) Retrofit our public infrastructure to withstand climate impacts.

"In the words of Dr. King, 'wait' has almost always meant 'never.' Wait for clean water, wait for decent-paying jobs, wait your turn, wait. In the face of injustice, there is no 'wait.' There must be work. When I am President, we won't wait on clean water or economic justice or affordable housing. Our history is a perpetual testimony to impatient, demanding, unrelenting people who in every generation stood up for justice, and now it is our turn. Now, it is our turn to stand up for justice and opportunity for all of God's children."

New Hampshire (Sept. 1 - 10)
Hold campaign rallies in Keene, Nashua and Portsmouth
Visit local working moms in town halls to discuss childcare, healthcare
Deliver major policy speech discussing climate change
Meet with college students in round-table discussions about debt, tuition

New York City (Sept. 11)
Visit the 9/11 World Trade Center for remembrance

North Carolina (Sept. 12 - 16)
Hold campaign rallies in Raleigh, Charlotte and Greensboro
In Charlotte: slam GOP gerrymandering and Pence's inaction on medical bankruptcy
Visit local NAACP officials, discussing ending gerrymandering, police reform
Deliver policy speech on police reform, bringing up people killed to police violence in NC

South Carolina (Sept. 17 - 31, Oct. 1 - 15)
Hold campaign rallies in Charleston (4), Columbia (4), Greenville (3), Florence (2), Spartanburg (2)
Tour local churches in town halls and Q&As, emphasize MLK Jr's economic justice message
Visit inner-city schools and housing units, highlight affordable housing & public school reinvestment
Travel to majority-black small towns, visit black moms, stress universal childcare & child tax credit expansion
Tout record revitalizing Newark in inner-city town halls and campaigning

Nevada (Oct. 16 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Las Vegas (2), Henderson, Carson City, Reno
Visit minimum wage minority workers to discuss raising the minimum wage
Host town halls and Q&As with working families regarding healthcare costs
Emphasize raising the minimum wage and creating good-paying jobs

Same campaign messaging as previous schedule.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2020, 05:38:07 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Mark Levin

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin. And this is your election update.

Carlson: This week marked by the buzz surrounding the 2019 gubernatorial elections, as incumbent governors John Bel Edwards of Louisiana and Matt Bevin of Kentucky struggle to hold their seats, while the race to succeed Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant tightens yet further on the verge of election day.

Levin: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at foxnews.com.

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, Senator Tammy Baldwin. Senator, how are you tonight?

Baldwin: Good, Tucker. Happy to be here.

Carlson: Glad to hear it, Senator. Now, one of your biggest out-of-state endorsers is Representative Cindy Axne from Iowa’s 3rd congressional district. Do you view a win in Iowa as critical to your campaign’s success?

Baldwin: Iowa is of obvious import, given its first in the nation status, and the fact that it is a state that swung from Obama to Trump. That being said, our campaign follows a 50 state strategy and isn't ready to put all of our eggs in one basket. I'm so grateful for Cindy Axne's endorsement, and that she is chairing the Iowa arm of my campaign. Cindy knows something about beating a Republican incumbent, and her help is so valuable in this race.

Carlson: Experience on the congressional scale helping for a victory on the national. Now, many more moderate members of your party have expressed concern about the general election viability of an ardent progressive such as yourself, citing former Senator George McGovern’s crushing loss to Richard Nixon in 1972. How do you respond to these claims?

Baldwin: I would direct them to my re-election, where I won a swing state by eleven points. The pundit class would have you believe Democrats can only win swing states by hedging on our values, and I'm proof that isn't true. The truth is, Americans want to know where you stand and would rather hear what you truly believe, not a watered-down, focus tested message. I don't find it at all radical to fight for a minimum wage that is a living wage, for billionaires to pay their fair share in taxes, or for healthcare to be recognized as a human right. The truth is, Americans are ready to shake up the status quo that only works for the wealthiest among us, and we can't do that with small ideas, only with a structural change to the broken system.

Carlson: Structural change, coming soon to a capital city near you. So, then, if you do become President, what would your first 100 days be like?

Baldwin: I hope to make Congress a more functional place by making Mitch McConnell the former Majority Leader. Even with that, I know there are limits to the legislating process, so my first 100 days will include executive orders to address pressing issues that can not wait for Congress to act. First, I plan to address the opioid epidemic with a drug task force. This will fundamentally change how our country treats addiction and drug abuse, making it a public health issue, not a criminal one. Next, I will put forward my plan to fight the biggest issue that our world faces, climate change. My climate plan pledges the US to be run by 100% clean energy by 2030, it will require corporations to pay for pollution, and introduce a massive green infrastructure package that not only reduces our emissions but creates good-paying jobs. The last of my major goals for the first 100 days is to tackle an issue that has sadly impacted too many Americans, gun violence. On day one, I will reinstate the Violence Against Women Act and put forward a bill that introduces a universal background check to buy a gun. If Congress refuses to do its job and protect the American people, I will pass this via Executive Order, as it is paramount to our safety.

Carlson: Sometimes the law must be challenged for the betterment of all. Now, before you go, Senator, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Baldwin: The one thing I would say to the American people is that now is not the time for small ideas. If Democrats are to beat this President in November, we can't be afraid to stand up for our values. I know many of you are worried about winning; so am I. We cannot let this fear be what runs our campaign. That's not what the freshmen class of House members did last year, and it's not what I did either. How we win is to take our big, bold goals and turn them into action. How we win is to speak directly about the concerns of everyday Americans. That's how I plan on winning, and I hope you'll join me.

Carlson: Senator, always a pleasure to have you with us.

Baldwin: Glad to be here, Tucker.

Carlson: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in on Thursday for our interview with comedian and former TV show host Jon Stewart.

Carlson: Until then, I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2020, 06:23:22 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Jeanne Shaheen by Tim Pierce, on Flickr
Jeanne Shaheen Remarks in Manchester

It's been my honor and privilege to serve New Hampshire for the past twenty years. And I hope to do it for six more! You and I know New Hampshire deserves competent and direct leadership. Granite Staters deserve results. I've done my best to deliver that as Governor and Senator. But look there's a lotta work to be done. We've gotten progress sure, on rural hospitals, on the opioid crisis, on creating economic opportunity. But there's only so much progress we can get while an unstable, extreme, chaotic Administration runs the show. This whole Trump/Pence thing, it's failed Granite Staters. It's failed every American. We all deserve better than this. We deserve better than bigotry and hate. Divisive leaders that divide up Americans for their own benefit. We deserve better than this Administration, who tries to pass tax cuts for the rich at the expense of working families. We deserve better than denial and ignorance while climate change hits our communities. I think we have the man to fix Washington. He'll end the Trump/Pence disaster and their Tax Scams and middle class crushing. That man friends, is Tom Steyer!

Tom will break obstruction. He'll bring in big Democratic majorities, and he'll bring in moderate Republicans and Independents into a big coalition that'll beat Mike Pence or Ivanka Trump. He'll win big and then work for you. I trust Tom, and I urge you all to as well. He's fighting for us, he's fighting for working people. It's time we got somebody who fought for working people, not big donors and lobbyists. Tom doesn't take their money, and he'll send them packing. It's time for the people's house, the people's government, and the people's Democracy, with Tom Steyer! Thank you folks and let's get out there and win this election!
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2020, 07:24:14 PM »

Alex Jones Debate Answers

Donald Trump won the presidency 4 years ago by being bold. He wasn’t afraid to stand up to the elite. He wasn’t afraid to stand up to the establishment. He didn’t care who was standing in his way. He won because that is what we, Americans, want in a leader. We want someone who will put America first. So why, may I ask, are so many of my fellow candidates shying away from Trump? They are saying we need to go to the center, embrace liberalism, and then we can win. They are using the false word of “bipartisanship” to pass things that don’t help the American people one bit. Let me tell you, now is not the time for compromising with the far left Democrats. Now is the time to show the American people that we are the only party that cares about you and your family and we are not controlled by the elites. Only then can we take back Congress and pass real, meaningful, conservative legislation. That is what I will do if I’m the nominee.

To Mr. Jones: Breitbart managing editor Wynton Hall referred to you as "the logical successor to Donald Trump" following your standout debate performance last month in Albuquerque. Would you say you agree with this statement, and, if so, why you and not President Pence?

He is absolutely correct. I stand alone on this stage of wanting to continue Trump’s war against the elites and the establishment. Other candidates up here want to abandon our values and work with the Democrats. I want to work with the American people to kick out the far left Democrats and pass legislation with Republicans majorities in both houses of Congress. And I understand some people will be fooled by Pence being Vice President. Listen here, Mike! Let’s be honest, you weren’t Trump’s Vice President because you shared your goals, values, or policies. If that was the case, you wouldn't be changing Trump’s tax plan or pushing for more government intervention in the economy. You were picked because you couldn’t be trusted to win in Indiana. See, folks, Mike Pence was governor of deep red Indiana. However, he only won by 3 percent in 2012! In 2016, some polls had you losing! If Trump didn’t trust you to win in deep red Indiana, how can we trust you to win the most important election in our lifetimes?

You might not have heard of me much before this debate. You might have only heard about me from the first debate. The truth is I am not being treated like the other candidates. I don’t blame my opponents on stage for that. The corporate media is staging a black out of my campaign on the largest scale in history. They realized that the coverage they gave Trump in 2016, however bad it was, was still giving him exposure to the people. They aren’t trying to make the same mistake with me. The media knows I am just as dangerous to them as Trump. That's why they refuse to give me time, refuse to cover anything about me. If you want a candidate who the media hates, that candidate is me. Thank you!
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2020, 02:27:20 AM »

Klobuchar 2nd Debate Answers

Credits: Politico

Opening Statement: Thank you Anderson. Look America, the division we’ve seen from this White House is polarizing our country further every single day. We need someone to head up this ticket that actually brings people together instead of shutting them out and when you look at a state like Minnesota where we received the highest voter turnout of any state in the country, we can win by reaching those independents and soon to be former republicans that are looking for a candidate that’s not in the extremes but in the middle. We can win by preaching to those that are tired of the noise and the nonsense and have had enough of such lack of empathy from this White House. Together we can win back the Heartland of America, together we can pass an agenda where every single American is paid a minimum of $15 an hour, where every single American has access to affordable prescription drugs, and where every single American regardless of color, gender, or sexuality is treated with respect, dignity, and value.

Question: You and Senator Baldwin are Senators from neighboring states, yet you've been running almost on opposite sides of the field to each other. Why do you think a more moderate approach is better for the nation?

Answer: Look Anderson, while I may disagree with many of the candidates up on this stage, it is our duty as Democrats to unite behind whichever candidate becomes our nominee and I pledge to do just that. As you all know, we have differences in our policies and in our approach to how we can not only win this election and defeat one of the most consequential presidents in American history, but also to how we can heal the morality and dignity of our country after the amount of hatred and division we’ve seen the last couple of months which has largely, and sadly, been fueled by the comments of the President. I fully believe we can restore the great American promise and character by uniting the country, red and blue, if we truthfully speak and give real solutions to the issues Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike face because in the end we have so much more in common than what separates us. That means we have to nominate someone that has a proven record of being able to bring all sides to the table and compromise when need be so we can finally put the interests of the country ahead. That means we have to nominate someone that has demonstrated leadership in office and that is willing to fight when the interests and security of our nation is at stake. That means we have to nominate someone that doesn’t spread those ineffective innuendos against those that disagree with her, something which this White House has lacked. Democrats, now is the time to stand up for a vision that is wholesome and grasps our powerful potential because once we stand as one, nothing can stop us. That is the message my campaign has been spreading, so if you are sick of the noise and the nonsense, the extreme impractical ideas, you’ve got a home with me.

Closing Statement: Look America, it’s clear that I don’t have the biggest name up on this stage nor do I have the biggest bank account but what I do have is a record of standing up for the people and getting things done. From fighting to prevent a scenario where you have to choose between paying the rent and paying for those life-saving drugs, I have fought for you and I am in this fight for you. I believe we need someone that is able to unite all corners and coasts of our country and move not left and not right but forward. Together we can regain that bold American spirit and deliver on the great American promise of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Walt Whitman, the great American poet, once wrote these words: “I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear.” For Whitman those were the songs of the mechanics, the carpenters, the masons and the shoemakers. And those carols are still being sung today.  They are now also the songs of our sisters and brothers, a chorus of different faiths, races, creeds and ways of life. E pluribus unum. Out of many, one. It is more than a motto. It is the North Star of our democracy. It is the North Star of this effort. I’m asking you to join us on this campaign. It’s a homegrown one. I don’t have a political machine. I don’t come from money. But what I do have is this: I have grit. I have family. I have friends. I have neighbors. I have all of you who took the time to watch us today, all of you who are willing to stand up and say people matter. I’m asking you to not look down and not look away. I’m asking you to look up. To look at each other. To look to the future before us. Let us rise to the occasion and meet the challenges of our day. Thank you.
RGM2609
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Alex Jones, the Conspiracy Nut, who is now silently pushed as the swamp's new hope against me (NEW LOW even for them) after their candidates had to drop out in disgrace - dares to claim that I am not a match for President Trump's values - because I didn't keep his tax reform. As this man who desperately needs a committee doesn't know, I'll tell him - the 2017 tax cuts weren't supposed to be the end of tax reform, President Trump talked in 2018 of middle class tax cuts similar to what I proposed and I'm still proposing! Nature stopped him, so I am trying to fulfill his legacy.

This mentally unstable demagogue is also claiming that I somehow am pushing for more government intervention! Pathetic! My Administration has declared War on Regulations and is actively destroying them to lower bureaucracy and government intervention.

And since the question of winning was raised - I was leading by big margins (+5%) in the IN 2016 election! I am very popular in the country, most popular president in the 21st century! The more obvious question is how could I not win, or how could this lunatic win??
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

LEGISLATION ROUNDUP

CHILDCARE REFORM (PENCE)
Senate:
Aye: 61
Nay: 39
Bill continues to House.

House:
Aye: 256
Nay: 176
Bill passes.

As usual, if anyone wants their vote changed, let me know.
RGM2609
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2020, 05:54:46 PM »

Today we have achieved a great victory for the American people - at the proposal of my Administration, Congress passed a bill providing affordable childcare and paid family leave to millions of mothers. This great bill will have an immediate positive effect on the life of millions of families, especially married and single mothers! Now we've got this done - we're moving on to tax reform! It will be a great bill, even greater than the last one and I've got full confidence that it will pass despite all attempts by the swampists to stop us!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2020, 11:40:51 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
Baldwin wins second Dem debate; GOP a statistical tie.
Jones narrowly edges Pence in GOP debate, Steyer runner-up in Dem debate

Surveys of 2456 voters (evenly conducted among Democrats and Republicans, with 702 independents) conducted by Gallup found that 51.4% of Republicans and conservative leaning independents believe InfoWars host Alex Jones won last week's Republican presidential debate, while 48.6% said President Mike Pence performed the best. Interestingly, this is within the poll's 4-point margin of error, meaning that Pence may actually have won the debate overall. Jones, however, continued his previously unthinkable rise with another solid debate performance as he moves to become the main challenger to the President.

Among Democrats and liberal-leaning independents, 34% said they most approved of Senator Tammy Baldwin's performance, followed by those of Mr. Tom Steyer (22%), Governor Steve Bullock (19%), and Senator Cory Booker (13%). No other candidate was most supported by more than 10% of voters, although no candidate received an approval rating of their debate performance lower than 75%.

OOC: Per this, come Saturday, Messrs Jones and Pence, as well as Ms. Baldwin, will receive three additional endorsement credits, and Mr. Steyer, will receive two additional credits. Also, these debates were very close, so don't despair if you didn't do as well as you hoped.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2020, 12:15:20 AM »

Klobuchar Airs New Hampshire TV Ad

TV Advertisement #2

America deserves a President who has their back, who demonstrates empathy in their leadership..Who isn’t afraid to take on powerful forces. Who has a record of bringing people together.

And most importantly, who can get things done. I know what it takes to win in the Midwest, it’s not a flyover country to me. It’s home

America, there is a complete lack of empathy from this White House, I will restore it. If you have trouble paying the rent, I hear you and I will fight for you. If you have trouble paying for those prescription drugs, I hear you and I will fight for you. If you can’t afford to pay for the groceries and pay for a quality education, I will fight for you.

I’m Amy Klobuchar and I approve this message.”
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:39 AM »

"TRUSTED"
Stacey Abrams Ad, aired in Iowa, South Carolina, California, and Texas

Narrator: Stacey Abrams, a proven leader that delivers for America:

Stacey: I have a boundless belief in America’s future. The future where more have the opportunity to thrive.

Narrator: A fighter for Medicaid…

A newspaper headline that says “Abrams expands Medicaid,” dating from April of 2018

Narrator: She put a stop to unfair tax hikes on working families.

A headline from the Associated Press that says “Abrams stops tax increases on Working Families” dated from April of 2011

Narrator: She put her home state of Georgia on mass transit…

A headline from The Emery Wheel flashes on the screen that says “Ms. Abrams increased funding for transportation” dated from April 2018

Narrator: As President, Stacey Abrams will promote opportunities for working families to not just survive, but thrive. She will put working families first by funding programs that promote raising bold and ambitious children. Stacey Abrams: A President Who Puts Working Families FIRST.

Stacey Abrams: I’m Stacey Abrams and I approve this message.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2020, 09:56:05 AM »

BREAKING NEWS
LA, KY, MS ELECTION RESULTS

KENTUCKY
Andy Beshear - 49.34% (GAIN)

Matt Bevin (I) - 47.96%

MISSISSIPPI
Tate Reeves - 50.64%

Jim Hood - 47.75%

LOUISIANA
John Bel Edwards (I) - 50.35%

Ralph Abraham - 49.65%
RGM2609
« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »

Congratulations to newly elected Governor Tate Reeves of MS - GREAT WIN, and I'm highly confident in his ability to bring much-needed changes to the state. Also congratulations to John Bel Edwards and Andy Beshear for their wins. I don't think they belong in the DemocRAT party with Steyer and Abrams and Gillibrand and all other socialists, as such I am going to personally invite them to join the GOP, a party which their constituents like and love.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Congratulates Newly Elected Governors

“I want to send a congratulations to the Governors Elect of Louisiana and Kentucky. I’m so proud of Democrats for running nationwide, and for our candidates running such strong campaigns. The truth is, Democrats can win if we run to the state we’re in, and if we have to listen to the concerns of the communities we expect to represent. Andy Beshear and John Bel Edwards ran strong campaigns, and both of their states are better for their leadership.”
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2020, 01:45:59 PM »

Bullock Tweet on Election Results
Quote from: Gov. Steve Bullock
I'd like to offer congratulations to my good friends John Bel Edwards and Andy Beshear. I'm glad to see fellow red-state Democrats get elected, and I believe these results show that our party is ready to compete anywhere in 2020, so long as we have a wholesome, unifying message.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2020, 02:57:39 PM »

ABRAMS MEETS WITH BEL EDWARDS AND BESHEAR

Today, 2020 presidential candidate Stacey Abrams (D-GA) met with the Governor-elect of Kentucky Andy Beshear and Governor of Louisiana John Bel Edwards:

I was happy to meet with Governor Bel Edwards and Governor-elect Beshear today. I campaigned for these two men and I'm really happy to see our party make gains in red states. We need a nominee who knows red states and can flip red states. Whoever is the nominee needs to take a page from Andy and John's playbook on how to win red states. The key to winning here is local issues. We need to focus on issues that affect voters at home.

Governor Bel Edwards spoke shortly after Ms. Abrams (OOC: This is NOT an endorsement from JBE):
I've known Stacey for a long time, we're both Democrats from red states. I helped her campaign in 2018 for Governor, so I really appreciate her help in our close race. Stacey's right, we talked about local issues and we won. Granted, it wasn't easy, but we won. My opponent tried to make this race about President Pence, the Supreme Court, 2020, and socialism. We didn't stoop to lows like he did. We focused on making Louisianans lives better, and we won.

Governor-elect Beshear spoke after Governor Bel Edwards (OOC: Also not an endorsement):
Stacey's help really made the difference. We got an immediate fundraising boost when Stacey announced she'd be campaigning for us, so I really appreciate her help. I appreciate all of the presidential candidates and party leaders that did everything they could to help us win. We ran on local issues, we won. Governor Bevin cut teacher pay and cut the education budget. That's local. That affected real people at home. By cutting the education budget, he essentially spat at those teachers working hard for their students. If we're gonna win in 2020, we've gotta focus on healthcare, education, foreign policy, and respect for the presidency.

Image from Wikimedia Commons
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2020, 03:05:31 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 03:09:12 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Image from Tweetgen

Transcript just in case this gets removed:
I'm at a loss for words. When the president has nothing to say substantially, which happens a lot, he just calls all of his opponents "socialists". I am advocating for bringing America to a modern era, not bringing us to a Venezuela-esque government. @MikePence, grow up.
RGM2609
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2020, 03:19:13 PM »

Stacey Abrams was nowhere to be found when discussing opioids, yet can be found now...TWEETING. Stacey, you've got a career of nothing but playing politics. Name ONE thing you ever done for the people. Still thinking?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: Congratulations to Governor Edwards and Beshear! Voters want progress and change, not obstruction and corruption. #BlueWave

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2020, 04:06:33 PM »

Abrams Statement on Pence's Tweet

The President once again brought up me skipping the opioid meeting at the White House. I would've showed up if he clarified his position on gay marriage. A simple question about equal rights in our nation.

He also said that I've gotten nothing done. That's simply not true. Shortly after I became Georgia House Minority Leader, I worked directly with Governor Nathan Deal to reform the HOPE Scholarship award, which was created by Governor Zell Miller. The only way we could keep the HOPE Scholarship around was by slightly decreasing the amount of money awarded and lower taxes. We compromised to keep the scholarship for Georgia students.

Time Magazine, I "single-handedly stopped the largest tax increase in Georgia history."

I worked with Governor Deal to reduce prison costs and crime overall.

I also authored the largest transportation packet in Georgia history, which got signed into law by Governor Deal.

I worked with whoever the Governor was no matter what party they were.

We got a lot done. I'm proud to be one of the most effective minority leaders of a lower state legislative chamber in the United States.

It's true: my record isn't the same as President Pence's. As Governor, he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which on paper sounds great. But in reality, all this does is treat LGBTQ+ individuals like they're a different species. The RFRA basically allows individuals to ignore any law that defies their religion. People are already using this to demonize and target LGBTQ+ Americans and others. According to the Freedom for All Americans group, a New Mexican local religious leader cited the state RFRA when he appealed a conviction for sexually abusing two teenagers. Domestic violence and women’s rights organizations across the country have opposed such measures, because, as one advocate wrote, “Too often in our history, religion has been used as a justification for the abuse of women and children, often by family members.” In addition to issues relating to child welfare and domestic violence, a RFRA law could allow a police officer to refuse to even interact with certain members of the community, even while on duty. There has already been an example of this in Oklahoma, where an officer cited a RFRA law in defense of his refusal to even attend a community event hosted by a local Islamic Society.

Gay and transgender Americans work hard to earn a decent living and provide for their families—just like everyone else. When a gay or transgender person walks into a business or government office, they shouldn’t have to worry if they will be turned away simply because of who they are. No matter how you feel about marriage for gay and lesbian couples, treating all people with respect is something we can all agree on.

So, Mike Pence has a record of partisanship and division. I have a record of bipartisanship and unity.

Image from Flickr
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2020, 04:28:45 PM »

Final Abrams Schedule: November 2019

November 1-16 | Kentucky, Mississippi, Louisiana

November 1-3: Campaign for Andy Beshear in Kentucky

November 4-5: Campaign for Jim Hood in Mississippi

November 6-10: Campaign for John Bel Edwards in Louisiana
November 11-13: Barnstorm for JBE in swing areas
November 14-16: Bus tour for JBE before election night

November 17-26 | South Carolina
November 17-18: Rest in Charleston
November 19-20: Barnstorm in Charleston
November 21: Town Hall in Mount Pleasant
November 22-23: Barnstorm Columbia
November 24: Visit various Columbia churches
November 25: Roundtable with African American women to discuss income inequality, women’s issues, and healthcare
November 26: Town Hall in Rock Hill, board flight to Des Moines, Iowa later that night

November 27-30 | Iowa
November 27: Arrive in Des Moines, host town hall, and rally voters
November 28: Town hall in Dubuque
November 29: Host Healthcare roundtable with local leaders to discuss how to fix the broken system
November 30: Rest in Council Bluffs

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2020, 07:48:31 PM »

Gillibrand November Schedule
Credit to Flickr for the Photo

November 1st - 5th: Michigan
Detroit, Michigan
- Open new Campaign Office
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Speak about Plan for Healthcare
- Criticize President Pence on his handling of Inner Cities
- Tuition Costs Round Table
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Attend Local Festival

Flint, Michigan
- Interview via Skype
- Speak about Flint Michigan Water Crisis
- Record Ads

Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

November 6th - 8th: New Mexico
Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Speak about Plan for American Indians
- Attend Local Festival
- Speak about Immigration

November 9th - 15th: Washington
Seattle, Washington
- Speak about Climate Change Plan
- GOTV Rally
- Voter Registration Drive
- Attend Local Festival
- Hold Round Table with Undecided Voters

Spokane, Washington
- Hold Round Table with Undecided Voters

November 16th - 25th: Iowa
Dyersville, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rep. Abby Finkenaeuer
- Attend Local Festival
- Hold Round Table with Seniors

Webster City, Iowa
- Round Table with Farmers

Ottumwa, Iowa

Sabula, Iowa
- House Party

Elk Horn, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenaeuer
- House Party
- Farmers Round Table

Le Claire, Iowa
- Put up Yard Signs

November 26th - 30th: Nevada
Fallon, Nevada
- Speak about Plans for Small Businesses
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen
- Attend Local Festival

Primm, Nevada
- Speak about Plans for Seniors

Tonopah, Nevada
- House Party

Jean, Nevada
- Put up Billboards
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2020, 10:43:10 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Mark Levin

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin. And this is your election update.

Carlson: This week marked by the buzz surrounding the conclusion of the 2019 gubernatorial elections. Republican Tate Reeves and Democrats John Bel Edwards and Andy Beshear winning those races, with the President offering to let them into the Republican Party. Both chose to respectfully decline.

Levin: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at foxnews.com.

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, Jon Stewart. Mr. Stewart, how are you tonight?

Stewart: Vaguely surprised by the fact I'm on this particular network, but good nonetheless, Tucker.

Carlson: *chuckles* Glad to hear it, Mr. Stewart. Now, you’ve compared the current economic situation in the United States to feudalism. Would you also say that the top 1% wields the level of influence of feudal lords, and, if so, how do you intend to combat them when they inevitably attempt to thwart your progressive agenda?

Stewart: Well let's get one thing straight, I said we're on a track to feudalism, and I stand by it. The wealthy people of this country hide their money in tax havens to avoid paying their taxes. In fact, after 2008, the banks took the bailout money, paid themselves guant bonuses then used the remainder to kill major reform.

How would I get around their opposition? I would take this information to the public. Put it out there for everyone to see. Draw it to their attention. These are the people who are robbing you blind, don't you think they should start paying their upkeep to the nation? I don't care about charity donations because they use that as an escape hatch to get out of paying their taxes. We need to beef up the IRS, give them the staff they need and remind these people that no, paying taxes is not optional.

Carlson: Not only closing the loopholes, but locking them tight. Now, you’ve said that you believe that President Pence “must be one of the shortest-serving Presidents in American history.” Would you, then, support impeaching the President if the matter came up for a serious vote in the House?

Stewart: If he committed an impeachable offence, then absolutely. But regardless, we must do everything we can to ensure his defeat. It's why I signed the 'We Are Indivisible' pledge before I kicked off the campaign. At the same time, we need to win on the right ideas. Democrats should start standing for something other than 'we're less bad than the other guys'.

Carlson: A movement toward become a party people want to vote for. So, then, if you do become President, what would your first 100 days be like?

Stewart: My first priority will be creating an Independent Commission Against Corruption. The task of the commission would be to investigate everyone, and I mean everyone, for instances of corruption. It would root out pay for play schemes, waste and fraud, campaign donations and other forms of corruption. It would make our government more transparent, open and honest. An honest government is something everyone wants, and we're not getting that; I mean when Edward Snowden said 'Hey the Men in Black are spying on you!' The focus was on how the documents were leaked, not on what they meant. I think that the media bears some responsibility for that as well.

Carlson: Fight now for a peaceful tomorrow. Now, before you go, Mr. Stewart, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Stewart: Regardless of your opinions, vote for the person who best represents your views. I want tocreate a governemny that is honest and transparent. I want to reform our tax system to make sure it's fairer to our middle and working classes . I want to invest into public education and universal healthcare. If you don't feel I represent your views best, that's fine. But if you don't votefor what you believe in, then you're always going to regret it.

Carlson: Jon Stewart, always a pleasure to have you with us.

Stewart: Thanks for having me on, Tucker.

Carlson: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in on Saturday for our interview with New Jersey Senator Cory Booker.

Carlson: Until then, I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2020, 07:05:34 AM »

Reply to Mike Pence (Since Jones' twitter was deleted a year ago, this is in the form of a press release)

"I never said tax cuts weren't good. I have repeatedly said I would support Mike's cuts because they are better than nothing. But let's be honest, does cutting taxes on the middle class 10x more than the poor make sense? I support tax cuts for everyone. Mike disagrees."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies