Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:21:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31579 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »

Source: Wikimedia Commons

OFFICIAL SENATE AND HOUSE VOTE ON PRESIDENT PENCE'S LOBBYING LEGISLATION

Senate:
Ayes: 98
Nays: 2 (Gary Peters, Cory Gardner*)

*: the two Senators with the highest confirmed receipts from lobbyists, per Open Secrets

House:
Ayes: 433
Nays: 2 (Richard Neal, Frank Pallone*)

*: while the House GOP leadership received significantly more from lobbyists than these two, they saw themselves as having more to lose from a "nay" vote than from an "aye"

Any changes to votes as requested by presidential candidates running as members of Congress will be taken into account as necessary.

Bill passes.
RGM2609
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2020, 05:19:51 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

I probably won't get any credit for it by the Dems and opponents, but we just passed one of the most sweeping government reform bill EVER that in combination to the EOs I signed will make the unlimited power of the lobbyists ancient history. Great accomplishment, and from now on DC will listen to the people again! #KeepDrainingTheSwamp
RGM2609
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2020, 05:40:19 PM »

Mike Pence's speech on the economy in Iowa - June 2019

My fellow Americans, today I want to speak to you about an issue that I know it is on your mind - the economy. The reality is that the economy is not benefiting the middle and lower class of America as it should be, but remember where we were in 2016, when I accepted Donald Trump's offer to join his ticket. Unemployment was very high, 14 million people left the labor force, the lowest labor force participation rate since President Carter, real GDP growth was 1.1%, hourly earnings and weekly earnings the lowest since President Nixon, millions of African Americans and Lations were living in poverty, the weakest recovery ever, 20% of young people were unemployed or in jail, debt and trade deficit were rising, student debt was rising. It was a mess. Ever since the Trump-Pence Administration was sworn in in 2017, we have turned things around radically, and I am proud of being a part of that wonderful Administration who started to tackle America's deepest problems. However more is still to be done. We need to ensure that the economy is dynamic, booming and benefiting everyone. Which is why my economic goal for 2024 is to have an additional 15 million new jobs. It is a very ambitious goal, but I think it is possible if we get our growth at about 4% per year. Here is how I will do that: I will first of all pass the tax reform bill that Paul, Portman and Steyer killed in Congress a few months ago. It is badly needed and, as such, I will rewrite it, modify it and submit it again to Congress, hopefully this time it will pass. That bill would be a tremendous help for our growth and most importantly for the American people living paycheck-to-paycheck, making our tax code simple, fair and an advantage for the American worker, not for millionaires. I will also start an full-blown War on Regulations, continuing what Donald Trump started. I will put a ban on new regulations not required by law or necessary for public safety. At the same time, my Administration will work to find and kill all job-killing regulations that are in place, including work with Congress to scrap laws which increase regulations. By 2024, I think that 50% of the regulations we have right now will be abolished, including 80% of the disastreous EPA ones. This will keep about 2 trillion dollars in wealth in the USA, keep companies here and allowing them to expand while also bringing thousands new ones into the game. I will also continue bringing our trade into balance, label China as a currency manipulator and take them to trial in the WTO while identifying all other abuses. And my Administration will, very importantly, do everything it can to boost energy production: We will support coal production. We will support safe hydraulic fracturing. We will allow energy production on federal lands in appropriate areas. We will also open up vast areas of our offshore energy resources for safe production. The Pence Administration will ensure a reliable, streamlined regulatory and permitting process for energy infrastructure projects, and will work with their sponsors to find workable solutions so that worthy energy infrastructure projects can be completed on time and on budget.
With this plan we will ensure the economy is booming and also that the prosperity is being felt by the working people! Let's Make America Great Again!
RGM2609
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2020, 07:04:18 PM »

Pence, Murkowski and Collins announce new health care initiatives

Mike Pence, Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins worked together a package of health care reforms that they think will have a positive effect on the very high costs of medicine.

Mike Pence: "Health care is a very important issue on the minds of a lot of American people and I believe that this legislation will help very much in making health care affordable not just in name but in practice"

The pretty moderate reform package consists of:
1. A requirement to full price transparency from doctors, clinics, hospitals and other health care providers (law proposal)
2. An order to the HHS to do whatever is needed to make the process of approving generic drugs a lot faster and efficient (EO)
3. Banning the tactics of the drug companies to extend patent protection like "pay for delay" (paying generic drugmakers not to produce a drug that has come off of patent protection), "evergreening" (making a change in the original drug and call it a new drug more worthy of patent protection) and simply refusing to give samples to generic drug makers that would allow them to reverse engineer a generic copy (law proposal)
4. Allowing drugs to be imported from other countries with no regulation if they are cheaper than the drugs in the US markets (law proposal)

The Pence Administration plans to submit this proposals to the US Congress once the infrastructure bill gets voted on. A more conservative wish list of the Pence campaign for a second term was also spread around. It includes selling insurance across state lines, tax deductability of premiums, expansion of HSAs, the administration of Medicare through block grants and defunding Planned Parenthood.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2020, 08:28:28 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And this is your election update.

Blitzer: And this week marked by the landslide passage of the President's lobbying reform bill, coming on the heels of his narrow defeat on tax cuts earlier this year. Even Pence detractors and primary challengers Rand Paul and Rob Portman voted in favor of the bill in the Senate. Also in the news, the President continues his ongoing feud with billionaire megadonor Tom Steyer, with the two trading jabs over Twitter once again.

King: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at cnn.com.

Blitzer: Numerous endorsements also flying, with almost all candidates receiving at least one.

Blitzer: That said, tonight we have a very special guest, Tom Steyer himself. Mr. Steyer, glad to have you on here.

Steyer: Glad to be here, Wolf. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Blitzer: Glad to hear it. Now, you’ve called to impeach President Pence much in the same way as you did with former President Trump; many, particularly on the right, argue that there’s “even less of a case against Pence than there was against Trump.” How do you defend you calls to impeach the President?

Steyer: The Trump/Pence disaster has been the most corrupt administration in history. It's gotten so putrid and vile, and the White House's strategy has been to try and normalize it. But I won't stand for it, I'm not tied up in the special interest cash, so I'll say what needs to be said. Children are dying at the border, the White House is filled with people connected to foreign governments, illegal wars are being started in Syria and supported in Yemen, and the White House lies to the American people every day. This didn't suddenly become okay, these are high crimes and misdemeanors, and the House ought to follow their constitutional duty.

Blitzer: Abuse of power clearly at the core of such an argument. Now, numerous members of your own party have accused you of trying to buy the Democratic primaries with your vast personal resources. How do you respond to these statements?

Steyer: This election will be decided by the American people. I'm trying to spread my message, and I hope people agree. We have to do whatever we can to end the corporate stronghold on our government, to end the Trump/Pence catastrophe before the damage becomes totally irreparable. I'm going to do whatever I can to achieve that, whoever wins the nomination, I'm going to support them, and use my efforts to help them defeat whoever the Republicans nominate. Once a Democrat, hopefully myself (laughs), wins the White House, we're going to achieve public financing of elections, we're going to enact massive anti-corruption reforms, and we will take back our democracy for the people away from the corporations.

Blitzer: No longer the best government money can buy then, I see. Now, assuming you do win, what would your first 100 days be like?

Steyer: My first 100 days will roll back the Trump disaster. We're going to stop leasing out public lands to developers and fossil fuel companies. We're going to end the family separation. We're going to end every criminal, every unjust, every unfair executive action this Presidency has carried out. The actions that target working people, the actions that damage our environment, and the actions assault women and minorities. Then we're going to move into the future. My administration will roll out our Climate Plan to reshape our economy to benefit people and communities, rather than fossil fuel executives. We also look forward to transformative plans regarding ending the corruption in Washington and growing our economy and rebuilding the middle class.

Blitzer: Sweeping reform ahead, I see. Now, before you go, Mr. Steyer, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be.

Steyer: I'd like to ask the American people to check out my campaign at tomsteyer.com and to explore our policies to heal the gaping wound opened up in this country by the Trump/Pence administration, and that we can stand up for truth in this country. We don't have to tolerate the lies that come out of the White House, we do have a voice, and with that voice we will take back our democracy.

Blitzer: Tom Steyer, always a pleasure to have you on.

Steyer: Always, Wolf.

Blitzer: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in on Saturday for our interview with former Georgia House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams.

Blitzer: Until then, I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2020, 08:35:22 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2020, 09:21:21 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Releases LGBTQ Equality Plan
Credit to medium.com for the photo

Equal Treatment for LGBTQ Americans
Kirsten will fight for and sign the Equality Act and take executive action to protect LGBTQ federal employees and contractors; create new opportunities for all Americans, including LGBTQ people, to thrive and succeed economically; protect LGBTQ housing rights and increase access to affordable housing; and increase investment and resources, like rural broadband access and community health centers, to support LGBTQ people living in rural communities.
HIV/AIDS Epidemic
Kirsten will expand health coverage through a Medicare for All Who Want It, ensure coverage of gender-affirming care, and fund bias training for health professionals that includes the LGBTQ+ community; invest in research, care and prevention to end HIV/AIDS by 2030, including fully funding the Ryan White CARE Act and making PrEP available without a prescription; and ensure mental health coverage, improve screening and treatment for depression and address substance use disorder.
Promoting Fairness and Equality for LGBTQ Youth and Seniors
Kirsten will launch a federal “Respect for All” initiative to combat bullying, harassment and discrimination; promote school-based mental health programs and strengthen suicide prevention efforts; protect LGBTQ youth from the harmful practice of conversion therapy by banning the practice; expand support for shelters and services for homeless and runaway youth; and ensure equal treatment of child and families in the child welfare system, as well as LGBTQ seniors in federally funded long-term care facilities.
Violence Against Transgender Women of Color
Kirsten will make hate and bias crimes a top federal priority; reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act and fund family justice centers and community-based programs like Cure Violence; mandate oversight, accountability and training for federal law enforcement, pressure states to follow suit, fund training in de-escalation and implicit bias nationwide, and investigate and reform police agencies with an abusive history, including against LGBTQ people; and, as part of her commitment to reforming the criminal justice system, work to drastically reduce incarceration, fund mental health and substance use disorder services for incarcerated people, and reverse the Trump administration policy that prevents transgender people from accessing facilities, services and basic necessities that are consistent with their gender identity.
Reflecting our Diversity in the Executive
Kirsten will do so by appointing staff and cabinet members who reflect the full diversity of the country; recommitting the U.S. to the Global Equality Fund and the effort to eradicate HIV/AIDS worldwide by 2030; working to ensure that foreign countries work towards Equality and commit to the UN's Equality Goals, and more.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2020, 08:49:47 PM »

Gillibrand Releases Teachers' Pay and Support Plan

Triple Funding for Title I Schools
Those schools with high numbers of students from low-income backgrounds need more resources if their students are to have equal opportunities to succeed. Kirsten will triple funding for Title I Schools to support additional services for low-income students above and beyond state and local funding resources, as well as to raise teacher salaries.
Teachers Wage Gap
Kirsten will eliminate the wage gap for Title I teachers. Kirsten will increase salaries for teachers, school leaders, and school support staff; support recruitment, training, and retention of diverse educators; and expand funding for supplemental services for students. Districts will be required to use the increased funding to first close the salary gap in Title I schools so these jobs are competitive with other jobs in their area that require similar education and training. They will also have to invest in additional supports for students, including mental health services and curricular innovation.
Diversifying the Workforce
Kirsten will invest in diversifying the teaching workforce and growing the leadership of school leaders of color, who currently make up less than one-quarter of all school principals. Districts submitting school improvement plans to states will also be asked to identify strategies to improve teacher racial diversity which research has shown is a driver of success for all students as a key component of their plans.
Supporting Teacher Unions
Kirsten will guarantee the right to collectively bargain for all educations in the United States. She'll pass a 21st Century Education Reform Act within her First 100 Days, and create a Safer and Fairer Environment for all Educators. She'll also attend Annual Summits and Events for the NEA, AFT, and other Teachers Unions to support their push for a Fairer Education System.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2020, 08:55:58 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 04:53:59 AM by raymundoflx »

KLOBUCHAR 2020 SCHEDULE

Credits: Mobilize.us

Joseph R. Biden and Senator Catherine Cortez Masto Endorse Amy Klobuchar

Senator Amy Klobuchar reveals two high-profile endorsements among the release of her campaign schedule which greatly focuses on the early primary states of Iowa and Nevada. Senator Klobuchar has revealed the endorsement of Nevada Senator, Catherine Cortez Masto, and of Former Vice President, Joseph R. Biden. Biden stated that Amy has the “morality, determination, and will to accomplish great things for the country and heal the wounds caused by racial bigotry and hatred being exemplified throughout the country.” The Former Senator also stated, “just take a look at Amy’s legislative and electoral history and you’ll see why she is the best person for the job and for the party” Along with these endorsements comes a 99-country tour which will include Vice President Biden as a guest speaker in multiple events throughout Iowa. This also includes a massive advertisement push throughout both Iowa and Nevada.

Credits: DesMoinesRegister

Iowa (January 1st-31nd)

January 1st: Opening Iowa rally in Des Moines, Iowa with Joseph R. Biden. Multiple meet and greets throughout Des Moines and Louisa county.
January 2nd: Event with veterans in Lee county and multiple townhalls in Henry and Van Buren county.
January 3rd: Rally in Muscatine regarding our plan to increase affordable housing, along with meet and greets held in Cedar county.
January 4th: Massive joint-rally with Joseph Biden in Scott county, discuss prescription drug prices and infrastructure plan. Meet with Scott county Democratic party regarding endorsements and campaign strategy.
January 5th: Rallies in Clinton and Jackson count along with event with local businessmen in Jones county.
January 6th: Townhall at University of Dubuque, reveal plan regarding student loan assistance and other education plans. Door to door campaigning with volunteers in Delaware county.
January 7th: Campaign office opening in Linn county. Hold rally and meet & greets with Joseph Biden, as well as interview with CNN.
January 8th: Hold open door fundraisers in Johnson county as well as attend phone banks in campaign county office.
January 9th: Meet with farmers in Washington to discuss about agribusiness dominance and the need for investment in our agriculture grid. Townhall in Keokuk along with meet and greet.
January 10th: Hold Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids accompanied by Joseph Biden with all proceeds going to the Human Rights Campaign citing the need to protect LGBTQ+ rights everywhere. Attend door to door volunteer led events in Iowa and Benton county as well as hold meet and greets there.
January 11th: Hold townhalls in Tama and Poweshiek county introducing our plan to protect Native Americans across the country. Hold a roundtable with tribal leaders in Mahaska county on how we can adequately protect the indigenous community.
January 12th: Hold a voter registration drive in Marshall county accompanied by attending local community events in Jasper county.
January 13th: Senate duties
January 14th: Senate duties
January 15th: Hold a roundtable with major Iowa unions in Marion county and accompany McDonald workers as they strike for a higher minimum wage in Warren county.
January 16th: Hold a rally with Joseph Biden in Polk county and meet with Polk county Democratic Party officials to discuss campaign strategy and support.
January 17th: Hold townhall in Story county and attend a radio show in Boone county, discussing our plan to fix and invest in our crumbling infrastructure citing the bridge incident in Minnesota.
January 18th: Attend a Dallas county meet and greet with local African-American community leaders. Meet with farmers in Madison county.
January 19th: Attend church services in Adair county as well as going door to door with volunteers in Guthrie and Greene county.
January 20th: Attend meeting with union leaders in Carroll county, make short campaign stops in Audubon and Cass.
January 21st: Rally with Joseph Biden in Pottawattamie county highlighting criminal justice reform and the legalization of marijuana. Hold townhalls in Harrison and Shelby county.
January 22nd: Meet with teacher union leaders in Monona and Crawford country, introduce details of our education plan.
January 23rd: Campaign with Iowa Democrats in Mills and Fremont county, release new advertisement push throughout Iowa and Nevada. Attend Page county community event, give short rally regarding our prescription drug plan.
January 24th: Go door to door in Montgomery and Adams county with volunteers. Phonebank with campaign in Taylor and Ringgold county.
January 25th: Meet with donors in Union and Clarke county, hold townhalls in Decatur and Wayne county.
January 26th: Attend fundraisers in Lucas and Monroe county, discuss with farmers on the monopolies of multinational agribusiness corporations in Appanoose and Davis county.
January 27th: Attend Jefferson county fair, hold selfie lines and meet and greets with Joseph Biden in Wapello. Hold roundtable discussion with business leaders in Wapello county.  
January 28th: Hold rallies in Woodbury and Plymouth county with Joseph Biden, open campaign office in Sioux county.
January 29th: Hold townhalls in Lyon and Osceola county with healthcare workers, discuss our plan to introduce a public option.
January 30th: Attend volunteer organized events in O’Brien and Cherokee county, spend the rest of the day making visits to multiple ships in Ida county.
January 31st: Hold townhall in local community college in Sac county, meet with Buena Vista Democratic Party officials as well as go door to door in Clay county.  

Iowa & Nevada (February 1st-28th)

February 1st: Go door to door with volunteers in day of action throughout Dickinson, Emmet, and Palo Alto county.
February 2nd: Hold roundtable with climate change activists in Pocahontas and Calhoun county. Hold rally with Joe Biden in Webster county.  
February 3rd: Attend parade in Humboldt county and attend fundraiser in Kossuth county. Make a short speech in Winnebago county.
February 4th: Hold meet and greets in Hancock, strike with workers in Wright and Hamilton county.
February 5th: Attend a phonebank event in Worth county. Rally with Joseph Biden in Cerro Gordo. Go door to door with volunteers in Franklin county.  
February 6th: Attend townhall with several leaders of the African-American community in Hardin county, introduce our plan to stop the harmful abuse done by prosecutors towards marijuana users in Grundy.  
February 7th: Voter registration drive in Butler county, meet with Floyd and Mitchell council community leaders.
February 8th: Meet with doctors in Howard county, discuss best healthcare options. Hold meet and greets in Chickasaw county. Hold townhall in Bremer county, outline climate change plan.
February 9th: Hold rally in Black Hawk county with Joseph Biden, attend campaign office opening in Black Hawk.
February 10th: Hold rallies in Winneshiek, Fayette, and Buchanan with Joseph Biden.
February 11th: Hold townhall in Alamakee before the announcement of the end of the 99-county bus tour at the last campaign stop in Clayton county, thank Joseph Biden for his support.
February 12th: Opening rally in Las Vegas with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto, attend campaign office opening in Las Vegas.
February 13th: Attend Latino Presidential Forum held in Carson City by UnidosUS, hold a townhall in Carson City.
February 14th: Go door to door with volunteers in Henderson, make phone calls with campaign in Henderson campaign office.  
February 15th: Hold rally with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto in Reno, discuss the need for comprehensive immigration reform and the protection of DACA.
February 16th: Meet with Nevada Democratic party officials, make a visit to the Laughlin. Discuss the dangers Climate Change has to our environment and economy and our plan to combat it.
February 17th: Hold voter registration drive in Sparks, hold fundraiser with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto.
February 18th: Meet with community leaders in Elko, discuss our infrastructure plan. Hold roundtable In North Las Vegas with local businessmen.
February 19th: Attend Hispanic community event in Las Vegas, meet with American labor leaders and discuss our plan to ensure Latino American civil rights and ending cruel labor conditions for immigrants.
February 20th: Hold rally in Carson City with Catherine Cortez Masto, hold a town hall in the University of Nevada Reno, talk about protecting the status of our Dreamers and ending child separation at the border.
February 21st: Go door to door with volunteers in Mesquite, hold meet and greets. Attend a Clark county Democratic Party event.  
February 22nd: Campaign for Nevada Democrats with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto, hold interview with local Henderson TV and radio shows.
February 23rd: Meet with seniors in Laughlin, discuss our plan to decrease prescription drug prices and to expand medicare. Attend campaign office opening in Reno, hold roundtable with small businessmen in Henderson.
February 24th: Hold townhalls in North Las Vegas, meet campaign donors winners and fundraise for Nevada Democratic Party.  
February 25th: Meet with teachers in Carson City, discuss our plan to invest in the Department of Education and increase the affordability of college tuition.
February 26th: Strike with workers in Las Vegas, discuss the need to raise the minimum wage and lower tax rates for the middle and lower class.
February 27th: Attend community events in Elko, hold meet and greets in Mesquite.
February 28th: End Nevada tour with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto and Joseph Biden in Las Vegas.

Quote from Klobuchar on the Campaign Trail

Credits: Sean Rayford/Getty Images

"Starting on day one of my administration, I will take aggressive executive action to confront the climate crisis. We will introduce sweeping climate legislation in the first 100 days of my presidency, but we also won’t wait for Congress when it comes to the full range of legal actions a President can take to address climate change. Specifically, in the first 100 days of my administration I will: Get the United States back into the Paris International Climate Agreement, restore the Clean Power Plan, bring back the fuel-economy standard, introduce legislation that will put our country on a path to achieving 100% net-zero emissions, and end fossil fuel subsidies.”
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »

Gillibrand January Campaign Schedule
Credit to medium.com for the photo

January 1st - 25th: Iowa
Des Moines, Iowa
- Open Campaign Office
- Rally with Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
- Meet with Iowa Democrats
- Deliver Speech at Simpson College
- Door to Door with Volunteers
- Train and Hire New Staffers
- Interview on CBS
- Town Hall
- Attend Church Service

Dubuque, Iowa
- Open new Campaign Office
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Interview on Secular Talk via Skype
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Meet Teachers at Bryant Elementary School
- Speak at the University of Dubuque
- Voter Registration Drive
- Meet with Local Union Workers

Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Train and Hire new Staffers
- Meet with Local Social Care Workers
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Fundraiser
- Hold Town Hall

Waterloo, Iowa
- Voter Registration Drive
- Speak with Students at East High School
- Meet with Iowa College Democrats
- Town Hall
- Attend Local Music Festival
- Meet with Union Leaders

Sioux City, Iowa
- Train and Hire new Staffers
- Town Hall
- Speak at Iowa Democrats Event
- Meet with Teachers
- Fundraiser
- Reveal "Western Iowa" Initiative

Fort Madison, Iowa
- Hold Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Town Hall
- Speak at Southeastern Community College
- Meet with local Union Leaders
- Attend PTA Meeting at Local High School

Boone, Iowa
- Speak with College Democrats of Iowa
- Attend Local LGBTQ Event
- Meet with Seniors in Retirement Home
- Volunteer Training
- Ordering more Campaign Material
- Fundraiser

January 26th - 30th: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Meet with local Union Leaders
- Town Hall
- Speak at Nevada State College
- Meet with High School Democrats of Nevada
- Speak about Gun Violence on the Las Vegas Strip
- Rally with Moms Demand Actions
- Interview with the NY Times
- Interview with POLITICO
- Hire and Train new Staff

January 31st: New Hampshire
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Speak on the Opioid Epidemic at Southern New Hampshire University
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2020, 11:24:08 PM »

Rob Portman debate answers

(Cleveland Scene)

Opening Statement

I would first like to thank the moderators of this debate, the candidates around me for participating, and the American people for watching. My fellow Americans. We are in a crisis as a country. Our industries are collapsing, our retail sector is collapsing, our economy is falling behind, we as a nation are falling behind. But the media won't tell you that. Congress won't tell you that. The Pence administration won't tell you that. Because they profit from it. They are letting us fail, for profit. The rest of the international community is laughing at us in our decline, while our government busies itself with internal affairs and conflicts. This is not the greatest nation on earth. We should be the greatest nation on earth. We were the greatest nation on earth. What happened? It's simple. We shipped our industry overseas. We outsourced. We allowed other nations to get ahead of us in technology and economics. The previous administrations slacked off, instead getting us into random, meaningless wars in the middle east. We shouldn't be there. We shouldn't be repairing other nations. We should be repairing ourselves. I am running on a platform of repairing us. As your president, the United States will be the greatest nation on earth. That's why I'm here.

Similarly to Senator Paul, will you oppose the President's new infrastructure legislation, and why or why not?

If the President can ensure spending cuts that balance it out, absolutely. Our infrastructure in this nation is crumbling, and it's going to take more than private groups to come in and do it all. However, we are talking about costs going into the hundreds of billions. That's extreme, and if the President could ensure a cut that balances out the cost of the bill, then yeah, I would optimistically support the bill.

Closing statement

It's time for us to move into the 21st century as a nation. The GOP of the old, it's time to move on from that. If we want to win in November, we have to embrace the aspects which really unite this party, such as protectionism and patriotism, and call out the Democratic candidates for what they are, frauds. The establishment doesn't want it, but we are growing, faster then they could believe. It's time to move on from the Trump/Pence administration, and it's time to move on from weak libertarian values. We must now try something different, unite behind a fresh face. I am that fresh face that the establishment and the democratic party doesn't want leading the party, or to have power. It's time to do something new for America, for the America today, for the America tomorrow, for America, forever. That's what this campaign is about, America, forever. I'm asking for your support.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2020, 11:46:19 PM »

Portman tweet

raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2020, 12:02:27 AM »

Klobuchar 2020 Ad
Airing in: Iowa & Nevada

"What it Takes"

“They’ll do everything they can to help themselves and the companies that own them, I’ll take the fight to them. I’ve won in rural, urban, and suburban areas every time.”

“Whether it’s passing 100 laws or standing up to partisan Supreme Court nominees, I’ve always known that you do a job no matter how hard it is. Because it’s the work that needs to get done.”

“Our job now is to elect someone who will fix the mess that Mike Pence created and take on the challenges facing America."

“Like the high costs of prescription drugs, rebuilding our infrastructure, and tackling climate change.”

“If you feel stuck in the middle of the extremes in our politics and you’re tired of the noise and the nonsense, you’ve got a home with me.”

“I’m Amy Klobuchar. I don’t want to be the President for half of America, I want to be the President for all of America.”

“That’s why I approve this message”
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2020, 12:15:46 AM »

Jon Stewart 2020: Stoned Slackers Unite!

[credit: US Army]

"You know, when I left The Daily Show, I intended to keep a low profile. Maybe watch some movies. Go to the park. Not have to yell at people who wanted an autograph, that sort of thing.

Then not that long ago I was confronted by a cause that hit close to home: the 9/11 first responders. Congress refused to renew the bill that would give these brave men and women the healthcare they needed. These people died because of the services they rendered on September 11, 2001, and then Congress refused to renew the bill and make it permanent until we made our voices heard.

This made me realise that there is a hell of a lot of work to do. So, with this in mind, I, after short and careless thought, with no sense of what I'm supposed to do and mainly because I have nothing else to occupy my time, declare that I will be seeking the Democratic nomination for President of the United States!

Credit: Wikimedia Commons
"Jon fostered an incredible atmosphere at The Daily Show. Everyone felt welcome, and everyone was always able to achieve their best. I truly believe he's the guy who can lead us to re-becoming the greatness we never were."

[credit: Wikimedia Commons]
"Jon used to be my boss and as Stephen said, he created an environment where everyone was capable of succeeding. More than that, he knows what he's on about. Whether it's verbally smacking down some Senator who's making compairsons to Nazis or telling the truth, Jon Stewart is the right man to lead this adopted nation of mine.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2020, 12:21:55 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 12:25:18 AM by Oregon Blue Dog »

Steve Bullock Schedule August-October
This is more of a 'broad strokes' schedule, @DatGOTtho please message me if a more detailed schedule would be appropriate/would help.

August
After taking a campaigning break following a grueling 2-month stretch of near-constant campaigning, Bullock returned to the campaign trail in New Hampshire. During the month of August, Bullock campaigned across the state, visiting every county and nearly every major town in a manner similar to the One Iowa Tour. Working from north to south, Bullock held town halls in the 10 largest cities in the state, and held rallies in Concord and Manchester. He also visited many other small towns in the state. His main focus would to build campaign infrastructure and sell his pro-ordinary Americans platform to the state.

September-October
During this month, Bullock campaigned mostly in the West (though he visited New York from September 10-12 to honor the victims of the 9/11 attacks, and also attended debates and such). Kicking off in Missoula, Bullock swings through the states of Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas on a bus tour, focusing on Nevada and Super Tuesday states. Campaigning with surrogates, Bullock continues to stick to his talking points of unity and real legislative progress. Strategically, his campaign combines the usage of town halls in medium and large sized cities with meet-and-greets and aggressive canvassing in all locations.

Campaigning in Montana and Idaho: 0.5 week (stops in Missoula, Couer D'Alene, Boise, and Twin Falls, as well as smaller towns).
Campaigning in Utah and Colorado: 1 week (stops in SLC, Provo, St. George, Moab-Grand Junction, Aspen, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Ft. Collins, and Denver, as well as smaller towns).
Campaigning in New Mexico and Texas: 2 weeks (stops in Albequerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces, Roswell, Amarillo, Lubbock, El Paso, San Antonio, McAllen, Corpus Christi, Houston, Waco, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, Wichita Falls, as well as smaller towns).
Campaigning in California: 1.5 weeks (stops in Redding, Sacramento, San Francisco, Monterey, Stockton, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardio, and San Diego, as well as smaller towns).  
Campaigning in Nevada: 1.5 weeks (stops in Reno, Carson City, Henderson, Searchlight, Pahrump, and Las Vegas).
Campaigning in Minnesota: 0.5 weeks (mostly in Minneapolis metro and Duluth).
Campaigning in Maine: 0.5 weeks (focus on the northern rural areas, and Bangor/Augusta)

Endorsements
Quote from: Iowa AG Tom Miller
Steve's dedication both to normal Americans and to this nation's unity have convinced me that his is the campaign to back. I encourage my fellow Iowans to support his campaign come Feburary.
RGM2609
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2020, 04:14:41 AM »

Is this some kind of a joke? Dem Koch saw I am draining the swamp, faster than he could imagine, and wants to IMPEACH me to STOP me! I've done nothing wrong!
RGM2609
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2020, 04:49:12 AM »

Mike Pence submits 551 billion infrastructure bill to Congress, gives speech on it in Iowa

"My fellow Americans,

Today I had the honor to go to the Senate and submit a great infrastructure bill that will offer 551 billion additional federal money to fund very needed projects. America has a crumbling infrastructure, but this Administration plans to transform it into a golden opportunity for accelerated economic growth and more rapid productivity gains that will pay for itself. Make no mistake, this 551 billions in federal grants aren't just for transportation, we'll also them to pay for clean water, a more modern and reliable electric grid, telecommunications, security infrastructure and other pressing infrastructure needs. We will also provide maximum flexibility to the states in the process of building this things. With this strategy we will create thousands of new jobs in construction, steel manufacturing, and other sectors to build the transportation, water, telecommunications and energy infrastructure needed to enable new economic development in the U.S., all of which will generate new tax revenues. So if anyone tells you again that this bill will bankrupt the country, they're lying to you again. If this bill passes, I also plan to sign an Executive Order saying that everything built with the help of this bill needs to be built with American steel. However, I am aware that the government is not enough to solve this pressing issue, which is why at the next tax bill I will also propose tax incentives for infrastructure companies taking on risky projects. Our policy experts say that 137 billions in tax incentives will be enough to spark 1 trillion in new investments. Win-win!
With this plan, we will rebuild our crumbling infrastructure while providing a new boost to our economy, helping everyone living paycheck-to-paycheck! Let's Make America Great Again!
RGM2609
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2020, 05:50:57 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 06:05:15 AM by RGM2609 »

Mike Pence and Michelle Rhee present the "Pence-Rhee School Choice and Education Opportunity Act of 2019"

The Pence Administration and Michelle Rhee's staff have been working for a long time on an sweeping education reform bill. Now, they presented it to the public. Here is what it does:

1. It adds 20 billion dollars additional money to the School Choice program immediately
2. It gives states the option to allow these funds to follow the student to the public or private school they attend. Distribution of this grant will favor states that have private school choice, magnet schools and charter laws, encouraging them to participate.
3. It gives all 11 million school aged children living in poverty access to the School Choice program, and provides 110 billion dollars to the states to pay for their access
4. Provides universities with federal tax breaks in exchange for reducing the cost of college and student debt, with periodic controls to ensure they are keeping their promise
5. Expands the existing programs to help students afford college, vocational and technical education
6. Provides grants to states for eliminating Common Core and building their own standards
7. Institutes merit-pay for teachers, with wages based on their classroom results and ability to get fired for very poor results
8. Protects funding for HCBUs, forbids cuts for 10 years
9. A dramatic scale back of the US Education Department, placing an official goal of cutting 50% of it by 2024 and give those attributions back to the states (mainly education supervision)

The Pence Administration is fully aware that the Act will likely fail in the Democratic House, however they hope for popularity among the American people, making it easier to pass in a second term.

RGM2609
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2020, 06:47:31 AM »

Pence signs Executive Orders on Trade, Regulations

In an Oval Office ceremony, President Mike Pence signed numerous executive orders to "fight China's currency manipulating and unfair tactics in order to protect American workers" and "start the War on Regulations to save jobs and wealth". The executive orders were:

1. An order for the Treasury Secretary to label China as a currency manipulator
2. An order for the Trade Representative to sue China at the WTO for trade abuses
3. An order banning any new regulations not necessary for public safety or required by Congress
4. An order for the EPA to repeal all regulations harming coal or energy production not required by law
5. An order for all agency heads to find and repeal all regulations harming jobs not required by law
6. A declaration stating the Administration's goal to repeal 50% of regulations and 80% of EPA regulations by 2024

Mike Pence hopes this new orders will help American workers and boost the economy by reducing the government regulation and interference in the free market.
RGM2609
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2020, 07:04:20 AM »

Mike Pence's campaign schedule in August 2019

With July being largely dedicated to drafting legislation, Mike Pence returns in full force on the campaign trail, holding over 100 rallies and town halls. He started with campaigning in Iowa, which is the central focus of his campaign strategy, together with Governor Kim Reynolds, and went on a few trips to the Plains, namely Nebraska, South Dakota and Montana, presenting his plans to help American farmers and agriculture as well as his evangelical faith and beliefs. However, he focused his attention mostly on the South where, with Senator Ted Cruz on his side, campaigned fiercely, especially in Tennessee, which is a state where Rand Paul is focusing his attention too and the President strategists think it is crucial for a Super Tuesday big lead. According to the Administration, Pence does not want to do any more major policies, except for a few Executive Orders meant to appeal to the immigration hardliners that also backed Trump, and run on his already presented bills. However, his strategists are planning to do tax reform 3.0 as close to the Iowa caucuses as possible, and a Senate vote on it with a week before. It is unknown if the Administration policymakers, who said they need a lot of time to draft this bill, agreed to the plan.
RGM2609
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2020, 09:06:04 AM »

Mike Pence's speech in Nashville, Tennessee, August 2019

"Hello, my fellow Americans! It feels so good to be back here with all of you and thank you for coming to this event! Together we really are Making America Great Again! I can't do it without you!

Ever since tragedy stroke and our very great President Donald Trump was stopped by the forces of nature from continuing with his revolutionary agenda, I have been fighting hard to fulfill his legacy, bring prosperity to our shores and give a voice to the people of the country over the swamp. And while the final say belongs to the people at the ballot box, I can say that I am satisfied with what we've managed to do. We've managed to pass the most significant weakening of lobbying in DC ever enacted, we have passed some Executive Orders that will weaken the power of billionaires and China as well as start a War on Regulations, we proposed a tax reform bill that would have helped middle and lower class Americans substantially, a major infrastructure package, health care and education reforms that will improve the system for people like you. I am very proud of what I have done and I came here to ask for your support, which is crucial if we want to accomplish even more.

I know the DC Swamp told you a lot of lies about me and my Administration. They did it because they are desperate, they are scared that we have started draining the swamp. The Democratic Koch has just called for my impeachment. This is probably the most laughable statement coming from him, and that is not an uncontested award. I have trouble thinking for a single reason for which I need to be impeached. And that is for a simple reason: there is no reason! I have done nothing in office except fighting for working people against the swamp that seeks to profit of them! There is no corruption accusation, let alone evidence for it, against me and there will never be because I am having a clean, moral conduct in office due to my upmost faith in God and the Christian values. You can have the upmost confidence that I will never do anything illegal or immoral in office. Instead, Tom Steyer is the one threatening US Representatives to vote against a bill that was 100% for working people, he should be behind bars and I am certain that he will get there for his many crimes.

Now, one of my opponents is also campaigning here, and he got the Governor to agree to help him in his misguided campaign. When you go to the polls, think very clear about your options. On one side, you have me, a President who fights for you, wants to lower your taxes, improve your infrastructure, get you to afford health care and child care, stop illegals flooding in, rebuild the military, reform the education system and drain the swamp. On the other side, you have a traitor to the Republican Party and to the people who voted against the tax reform bill that would have done wonders for the economy and the Americans who live paycheck-to-paycheck and all just for political gain. As a reason for his vote, he cited a study made by his partisans! The choice is as clear as day.

Look, I know your life isn't perfect, far from it. But with me, if reelected, you have the guarantee of a President who knows your issues and wants to solve them. If one of my opponents gets elected, well, they won't do anything for you. Let's look at one example: someone spoke about the opioid crisis, I invited them to join me in solving it and they pivoted to an unrelated issue, refusing the meeting. All they care about is politics, all I care about is you! Let's Make America Great Again everyone! Thank you, God bless you and God bless the USA!

RGM2609
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2020, 09:21:47 AM »

President Pence opens "Real News TV" on his Facebook page

In a move that reminded many of President Trump, Mike Pence started live-streaming daily a 30-minutes talk show called "Real News TV", hosted by Fox News judge Jeanine Pirro in which the Administration sells its vision of events in contrast with the liberal, "Fake News" media like CNN, NBC or the New York Times. It started last night, in which Pirro invited the WH Chief of Staff and the WH Chief of Council of Economic Advisors. They all reached the conclusion that the tax reform, infrastructure package, deregulation and pro-energy policies of the Administration will create massive economic growth and millions of jobs for the American people. The show will broadcast every 2 days.
RGM2609
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »

This caused a lot of controversy but I stand by it: TOM STEYER AKA DEMOCRATIC KOCH OR THE CHIEF SWAMPIST SHOULD BE BEHIND BARS!

Tweet retweeted by:
Pence 2020 campaign
Kim Reynolds
Ted Cruz
Ron Johnson
Jeanine Pirro
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2020, 10:33:18 AM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: President Pence is out of control and dangerous. Every day we're reminded why we have to defeat him and clean up government in 2020.

RGM2609
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2020, 10:50:02 AM »

Tom Steyer aka Democratic Koch or Chief Swampist is no cleaner of government! In fact he wants to get me, who achieved more than anyone else in cleaning up the DC mess and draining the swamp, IMPEACHED for NO reason! He should be behind bars for threatening US Representatives! #ToJail
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2020, 02:08:25 PM »

Jeff Merkley Debate Answers

Opening Statement:

"This administration has been a disaster for working people, with their broken promises, tax cuts that mainly benefit the rich and the corporations, and the continued outsourcing of jobs overseas that hurt the American workers that the administrations have claimed to represent. They have also tried to take away what little healthcare that Americans have by trying to repeal Obamacare multiple times, they have unnecessarily increased military spending despite us already spending more money than any other nation on the military, and increasing aid to the dictatorial Saudi Arabian regime, which has only increased the deaths that are happening in Yemen as we speak.
Not to mention that these administrations are ones that are reeking of corruption and corporate influence, while they promised to "drain the swamp". The failures of these administrations are why i am running, and why i am on a bold progressive platform that will bring hope to our working and middle-class families, by giving them quality healthcare through Medicare For All, by making our public colleges and universities tuition free, by cancelling student debt, by reforming our campaign finance system, by investing in our crumbling infrastructure, passing a Green New Deal and creating a progressive taxation system that will pay for all of these investments into America and it's citizens. It's about time we made America a country where everyone once more can have opportunity, and where the government works for everyone's interests, not just the 1%"

Personal Question:
"I am always inclined to vote for infrastructure bills, especially with the state of infrastructure in our country, so i am positively inclined towards the infrastructure plan that President Pence has released, with my only worries being that there is not enough money is being given towards fully revitalizing our infrastructure. But i do not believe i am going to vote against the bill just because of a disagreement over the amount of funding, because it's still going to be an improvement nonetheless. So yes i am inclined to support the President's bill, even if i think the amount of money spent is lower than i want it to be."

Closing Statement:
"Our party must not err on the side of caution when it comes to standing up for bold progress, our party should be the one standing for progress, and yet our party stands divided because of corporate influence, and has made it so that our party only offers half-solutions and compromises with the increasingly right-wing Republicans and moved our party the right along with it. That's not how you motivate your voting base, you motivate the voting base by standing for bold proposals like Medicare For All, tuition free public colleges, getting money out of politics, a living wage, cancelling student loan debt and other progressive ideals. This is the path we should follow, our base will come out in force if you give them something to vote for, and that's not what the establishment is currently doing. That's why i stand as the candidate of the continued political revolution of Bernie Sanders, that's why stand i for the continuation of the ideas he has brought into mainstream conversation in our party, that is why i am running in the first place. The Democratic Party should not be one beholden to corporate interests, it should be one beholden to the interests of the grass-roots, the working and middle class, as well as minorities and other marginalized groups in society, a party that will stand for hope and change as it did during the days of FDR. This party should be for us, not the 1%."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies