Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:05:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31334 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: May 22, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »

FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE 2020
REBUTTAL PHASE

And now for rebuttals.

Each candidate will be allowed 1000 total words (but are free to use fewer, if so inclined) to rebut statements they disagreed with in their opponent's debate answers. Candidates are free to separate their responses into segments in order to criticize specific statements more directly, but this will not be required. As both candidates have posted schedules and debate answers, and the due date for the VP debate is fixed (GE final coverage will not begin until after all debates are concluded and assessed), the turn will end when all rebuttals are in, and so it is advised that these be the last things you post for this turn.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #726 on: May 22, 2020, 09:27:52 PM »

Gillibrand Rebuttal
Credit to Flickr for the Photo

Rebuttal
I'd like to say, that the President tonight has been contradicting himself left and right with his actions in the past few weeks. If you even look at his Twitter page for a second, you'll see the unwarranted and completely false attacks that have been launched on me. Just a few days ago, he said that I did extremely immoral things and illegal things to receive the support of Tom Steyer. I believe that I speak on behalf of all women when I say, how dare you. How dare you attempt to say that I have engaged in immoral, hinting at sexual, actions with Mr. Steyer. Shame on you Mr. President, shame on you. I am a proud woman, and I hope to finally break that ceiling that so many people have sought to break, from Shirley Chisholm to Stacey Abrams. The women of America are sick and tired of being sold out by Washington elites who promise to be on their side, then vote to roll back protections for a Woman's Right to Choose. As President of the United States, I will promise right now, a Woman's Right to Choose will always be a Human Right in the United States. Along with that, throughout our country, we see women being disproportionately affected by stereotypes on who can be in the military, who can have high paying jobs, and we have to put it to an end. Within the first month of me launching my President Campaign, I released a plan on the Gender Pay Gap, Sexual Assault in the Workplace, and Equality in our Military. As President, the women of America will have a home with me. I will ensure that no one is treated unfairly based on their gender, and that everyone has the right to prosperity and freedom. We must end discrimination, we must end the Gender Pay Gap, we must end Sexual Assault in the Workplace, and yes, we must end the attack on Women's Rights. Let's end these downright nasty attacks on the women in America. I am running for President, not because I did "immoral" things with Tom Steyer, but because when I was a little girl my mother told me "Kirsten, I came to this country because here, you can do whatever you want. You can run through the fields outside, you can make friends, you can go to school, and when you grow up, you can do whatever you want in this world." Let's stand together, as Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike and take a stand for what is right in this election, restoring the Soul of our Country, and showing the world that Brave will Win.
RGM2609
« Reply #727 on: May 23, 2020, 02:34:56 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2020, 02:38:19 AM by RGM2609 »

The rebuttal of President Mike Pence

To Question Two

Well, that was one of the most weird responses I have ever heard. Because just as Representative and Senator Gillibrand changed ideologies by the minute, in this response, Presidential candidate Gillibrand changed topics by the minute. She is insulting the intelligence of our viewers by thinking they can not remember an one-sentence question, but well, as a matter a fact, they can. And the reason she is doing this is that she has no justification for the hundreds of thousands of dollars she has received from persons and institutions fighting against her new-found progressive cause. Morgan Stanley gave her 200.000 dollars. Goldman Sachs gave her 200.000 dollars. JPMorgan gave her 200.000 dollars. Why would all of this banks give money to support a candidate who will fight against them, like progressives claim they will do? Well, because as a Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand has been fighting hard. And no, not for the people of New York, for her donors. She fought against multiple Wall Street regulations, such as derivatives trading regulations. For this, Wall Street gave her their money and their full backing. And no matter how much Senator Gillibrand tries to change topics, her record is as clear as day.

General rebuttal

Well, tonight, Senator Gillibrand attempted to paint a picture of an America that is in disarray, weaker then ever, collapsing on the international stage, collapsing with the economy, an America that is getting worse and worse. The problem is, that is not true. And you, the people, know it and feel it every day. She claims that there is constant uneasiness about America on the international stage. Well, four years ago, ISIS was on the rise, radical Islamic terrorists were taking control over significant parts of the Middle East and North Africa, North Korea was becoming a country with nuclear weaponry, China was ripping us off in trade deals, Russia was attacking Ukraine and threatened to be more to follow. And the Obama Administration failed to fix any of these issues. After four years of Republican Administrations, there is a lot more peace and prosperity in the world. Of course, there is a lot more to be done, but the progress is undeniable. Then, she claims that people are constantly losing their jobs. Well, guess what, millions of new jobs have been added. She says that we want to keep the same old tax systems, but we have passed two revolutionary projects to reform the tax code, and as a result, millions of working families in America got a significant tax cut. Senator Gillibrand can say whatever she wants, but between her and the reality you see every day, who would you believe?

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #728 on: May 23, 2020, 11:34:52 AM »

PHASE IV, TURN IV: AND SO IT ENDS

With October coming to a close, the race for the Presidency is razor thin. Senator Gillibrand's victory in the first presidential debate has put her on top in the popular vote, and thus the race is coming down to the wire. Despite this, however, the President, continues to lead in several key battlegrounds, raising the question: could this be 2016 all over again?

Current Polling (29-31 October 2020)

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - 48%
President Mike Pence - 46%
Mr. Austin Petersen - 4%
Other/Undecided - 2%

Who won the first presidential debate?

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - 56.4%
President Mike Pence - 43.1%
Undecided - 0.5%

Non-Tossup Electoral Votes
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand/Governor Andy Beshear - 238
President Mike Pence/Fmr. Ambassador Nikki Haley - 218
Mr. Austin Petersen/? - 0

U.S. Senate Elections

ALABAMA
Doug Jones (I) vs. John Merrill
Rating: Tossup

ALASKA
Al Gross vs. Dan Sullivan (I)
Rating: Safe R

ARIZONA (SPECIAL)
Mark Kelly vs. Martha McSally (I)
Rating: Leans D [GAIN]

ARKANSAS
Tom Cotton (I) vs. Ricky Harrington, Jr.

COLORADO
Andrew Romanoff vs. Cory Gardner (I)

DELAWARE
Chris Coons (I) vs. Lauren Witzke
Rating: Safe D

GEORGIA
Jon Ossoff vs. David Perdue (I)
Rating: Leans R

GEORGIA (SPECIAL)
Raphael Warnock vs. Doug Collins vs. Kelly Loeffler (I)

IDAHO
Paulette Jordan vs. Raúl Labrador

ILLINOIS
Cheri Bustos vs. Mark Curran

IOWA
Michael Franken vs. Joni Ernst (I)

KANSAS
Barbara Bollier vs. Roger Marshall

KENTUCKY
Amy McGrath vs. Mitch McConnell (I)

LOUISIANA
Mitch Landrieu vs. Bill Cassidy (I)

MAINE
Sara Gideon vs. Susan Collins (I)

MASSACHUSETTS
Joe Kennedy III vs. Shiva Ayyadurai

MICHIGAN
Gary Peters (I) vs. John James

MINNESOTA
Tina Smith (I) vs. Tim Pawlenty
Rating: Leans D

MISSISSIPPI
Tobey Bartee vs. Cindy Hyde-Smith (I)
Rating: Likely R

MONTANA
Steve Bullock vs. Steve Daines (I)
Rating: Leans R

NEBRASKA
Chris Janicek vs. Ben Sasse (I)

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Jeanne Shaheen (I) vs. Don Bolduc

NEW JERSEY
Cory Booker (I) vs. Hirsh Singh

NEW MEXICO
Ben Ray Luján vs. Elisa Martinez
Rating: Likely D

NORTH CAROLINA
Cal Cunningham vs. Thom Tillis (I)

OKLAHOMA
Abby Broyles vs. Scott Pruitt

OREGON
Jeff Merkley (I) vs. Jo Rae Perkins

RHODE ISLAND
Jack Reed (I) vs. Allan Fung

SOUTH CAROLINA
Jaime Harrison vs. Lindsey Graham (I)

SOUTH DAKOTA
Dan Ahlers vs. Mike Rounds (I)

TENNESSEE
James Mackler vs. Manny Sethi

TEXAS
MJ Hegar vs. John Cornyn (I)

VIRGINIA
Mark Warner (I) vs. Daniel Gade
Rating: Likely D

WEST VIRGINIA
Richard Ojeda vs. Shelley Moore Capito (I)

WYOMING
Gary Trauner vs. Jillian Balow

Map:
(DC rating is meant to symbolize GA-S)

Schedules through November 3 will be due May 27, with extensions available until May 31. The second presidential debate will be up today or tomorrow.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #729 on: May 24, 2020, 09:02:53 AM »

SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE 2020
(all images are from Wikimedia Commons)

Cooper: Good evening. I'm Anderson Cooper.

Ingraham: And I'm Laura Ingraham. And we're here at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor to bring you the second and final presidential debate of the 2020 election. Candidates will give an opening statement, answer three questions, and give a closing statement. With that said, let's meet our candidates.

(OOC: Preferably 100-500 words for statements and 100-250 words for question answers).

Cooper: And they are:

Cooper: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand from New York...

Ingraham: ...and President Mike Pence from Indiana.

Cooper: With that out of the way, let's begin:

To Senator Gillibrand:

Your victory over the President in the last debate has seemingly made you the favorite to win the election. Do you believe another win tonight could seal the deal?

The President has criticized you for "misrepresenting the country" as in disarray and chaos, pointing to things such as the weakening of the opioid crisis, for example. How do you respond to these criticisms?

With the election just days away, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

To President Pence:

Despite Senator Gillibrand's victory in the last debate, RealClearPolitics still shows you with the edge in a majority of battleground states. Do you believe this is proof you have a stronger movement behind you?

Senator Gillibrand, in her rebuttal to your statements, criticized a Tweet you posted that, to her, suggested you believed she had performed sexual acts for billionaire megadonor Tom Steyer. You have responded by saying these ideas are an "utter misconstrual" of the Tweet's actual meaning. Would you care to elaborate?

With the election just days away, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

(Statements and answers will be due by May 31.)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #730 on: May 25, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »

Tom Steyer Tweet
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #731 on: May 25, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Schedule

November
November 1st: Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Major Rally with Senator Gary Peters, Senator Debbie Stabenow, President Barack Obama, and Governor Andy Beshear
- "Take Back the Senate" Rally with Senator Gary Peters
- Townhall with Senator Gary Peters
- Major GOTV Operations, Rallies, and Campaign Events with Campaign Staff

November 2: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Major Rally with Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto, Senator Jacky Rosen, and Governor Steve Sisolak
- "Keep the House" Rally with Representative Dina Titus, and Representative Susie Lee
- Fundraiser
- Major GOTV Operations, Rallies, and Campaign Events with Campaign Staff

November 3rd: Florida
Miami, Florida
- Major Rally with Former Senator Bill Nelson, President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and Governor Andy Beshear
- Deploy Campaign Staff to rent vans to take people to the polls, while meeting voters on the streets
- Major GOTV Events with President Barack Obama and Governor Andy Beshear
- Fly back to New York for the Election Night Watch Party at the Jacob Javits Center
RGM2609
« Reply #732 on: May 25, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2020, 03:29:14 PM by RGM2609 »

Where will Mike Pence be?

1st November - North Carolina
2nd November - Florida
3rd November - Florida

Where will Nikki Haley be?

1st November - North Carolina
2nd November - North Carolina
3rd November - Florida
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #733 on: May 27, 2020, 10:18:20 PM »

Gillibrand Debate Responses
Credit to the WikiMedia Commons for hte Photo

Opening Statement
Thank you Laura and Anderson, and for the University of Michigan for hosting myself and the President here in beautiful Ann Arbor. The University of Michigan has long been a home to thousands of students who strive to fight for a greater country. The University of Michigan was home to some of the largest protests during the Vietnam War. Some of the largest Pro-Civil Rights events were held here in this very campus. Our country has a rich history. Full of patriotism, love, and brilliant ideas. We also have another side of our history clouded with strife, inequality, and discrimination. I am sad to say that America still sees the effects of these not so good things. We see the effect of these on our children, our Criminal Justice System, our School System, and even our Healthcare System. If you go just up North a little bit to Flint, this is more evident than ever. People don't even have access to clean drinking water because it is dis-proportionally more racially diverse then the rest of the state. African Americans are losing their lives because the State of Michigan has refused to take responsibility, and has blamed it on Local Governments who are doing everything they can. This is a national embarrassment. As President, I will use my Executive Authority to ensure the proper testing of water in places like Flint or in Denmark, South Carolina. The time for talk is over, it's time for real action. It's time that we have an Administration dedicated to the success of all Americans, no matter race, gender, sexuality, or religion. Let's build the America that we always striven for.
Question #1
I think my performance in the last debate put to bed the myth that women in this country can't serve in politics. People like the President have made it their mission to use sexist and bigoted attacks on my campaign, Stacey Abrams' campaign, and Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign. If you look at the Opinion Polling, we didn't just win the debate because we had plans for the future of the nation. I believe we won the debate because our message resonates with that Corn Farmer in O' Brien County Iowa, or that Teacher in Charleston, South Carolina. This whole campaign has never been about me and it never will. It's about transforming the country that we love. Showing that there is more to a Presidential Campaign that baseless attacks and demeaning statements. It's about bringing hope to the most Rural Areas in the country, as well as the country's Urban Centers. We are connecting Small Cities and Big Cities through love, dedication, and hope for the country that we are going to build. Democrats, Republicans, Greens, Libertarians, and Independents know that our campaign is about bringing that message of Bravery to little girls, single parents, and seniors across the country. I think we are going to win tonight's debate, and we are going to change this country. Let's restore dignity to this country, let's change the way we're seen around the world. We can't face this fight alone though. We need to bring people together, and that is exactly what we're going to do on November 6th.
Question #2
May I remind the President he had no plan for the Opioid Crisis until myself, Mr. Steyer, and Ms. Abrams pressured him to take action on the issue. The United States still ranks one of the highest in the world for obesity, and one of the lowest in the world for test scores. There is clearly a reason for this. The President may disagree and say that people aren't "working hard enough" or that "we're going to fix it," but the fact of the matter is he won't. This President is all talk, no action. In Congress I stood up to big corporations and PACs and actually fought for the people I represented. As President, I'll ensure that we don't just tell our School Districts to "figure it out." We must ensure that every child in this country has the necessary resources to succeed and achieve Higher Education if they wish to. We must work to ensure that every person in this country is ensured on a Healthcare Plan. We must work to ensure that racism and Police Brutality is ended in the Land of the Free. We must ensure that our country has big change, with big results. Let's stand up to tyrannical politicians that are just working to win their next re-election, and work for some damn results. Let's get our hands dirty and change the system, end the gridlock, and build the country that we've instilled in our children's mind. The America where everyone succeeds, and no one is left behind.
Question #3
America, the most pivotal election in our history is in a few days. From California to Massachusetts people will head to the polls. I'd like to quote James Freeman Clarke, "A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation." This country is about to make a choice that will change the course of Modern America. Will we embrace love, hope, and bravery? Or will we continue on with the same old attack ads, demeaning attacks, and lying statements. America, on November 7th I believe it will be Morning Again. I believe children will wake up, see that our country has made a choice that will place the first woman in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. We must ensure that every person in this country has the opportunity to prosper, and together we can build the country of our dreams. Let's bring it home, and show the world, show that little girl who wonders if she can be President, that Brave will Win.
Closing Statement
Thank you to the moderators, and for the State of Michigan for displaying excellent hospitality here tonight. I grew up in Upstate New York in a Congressional District where the number of Farm Animals outnumbered the number of Democrats. I grew up with traditional values, and the values of hard work. I worked for everything I've earned and I grew up Catholic and I am still a practicing Catholic today. I want my campaign to be about the story of us. The story of our country. A nation that rose out of the ashes in a fight that seemed unwinnable. We've always been the underdog, and in this campaign we've been the underdog for a large part of this campaign. However, I believe that come Election Day our country will make a choice that puts hope over fear, and results over lies. I believe that this country has a lot more in store, lots of good, and some bad. However, I believe that in order to build the country of our dreams we must have a leader that is dedicated to our future. Dedicated to our children, grandchildren, and generations after that. I ask that you go to kirstengillibrand.com today and help us win this election, for the future of our country. Thank you.
RGM2609
« Reply #734 on: May 28, 2020, 04:59:21 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 05:26:22 AM by RGM2609 »

Opening statement -

Let me also thank you, Anderson and Laura, and the University of Michigan for hosting this debate, as I believe that it is important for the American people to be provided with a debate based on facts and hard evidence, not just talking points and meaningless attacks. And I will tell the American people the facts. The GDP is growing at a stable rate, and I am sure that we can make it to go even higher with smart economic policies such as deregulation and tax cuts aimed specifically at small businesses, the unemployment rate is lower then ever, 7 million new jobs have been added during the past 3 and a half year, including 500.000 new manufacturing jobs, wages grew by about 10% since 2015, the stock markets rose by 60%, taxes are lower then ever for working and middle class Americans, the opioid addiction crisis is coming to an end, affordable childcare is now reality and not a distant dream, lobbying activities have been lowered dramatically in Washington DC, the infrastructure all around the country is being rebuilt as we speak. These are the facts. Politicians have tried to distort them, to ignore them, to outright lie about them, but the truth is the truth. And on November 3rd, when you go at the ballot box, remember that the truth does not cost you anything, but a lie could cost us all everything.

Question 1 -

Well, thank you for the question. I must say that I do not pay close attention to the polls anymore, after in 2016 Hillary Clinton lead President Trump by 7% for most of the electoral cycle and by 10% in Wisconsin and Michigan. I take my information directly from the people that I am meeting and the communities that I am visiting, and from what I see, I do have a stronger movement behind me. Because while Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is giving high priority to her wealthy donors like Mike Bloomberg and Tom Steyer or to her Wall Street supporters, I give high priority to the voters of this nation and that can be seen on the campaign trail every day. And while Senator Gillibrand gives scripted, generic answers, edited months before this debate in focus groups, I speak my mind and tell the American people just like it is. And for those reasons, I am ahead in the battleground states, and I am very proud of my campaign and my supporters for all the hard work they have been putting into this election so that we can Make America Great Again for all, together.

Question 2 -

Thank you for the question. First of all, let me begin with an apology to the American people, but especially to all the women and girls who felt like their President was expressing misogynistic views. I made a mistake by phrasing my tweet in that particular way, but I assure you that it was never my intent to insinuate anything sexist or sexual. Whatever Senator Gillibrand does in her personal life is none of my concern, however, what she does in governing is, and that is what I was talking about. I am worried about certain favors Tom Steyer asked for in return for his money from a potential Gillibrand Administration. I have personally witnessed his way of operating, when I tried to pass the tax reform to help the working and middle class Americans struggling to put food on their table or living in constant fear of losing their source of income. He did not like how it was closing loopholes that advantaged him as a billionaire, so he threatened sitting US Representatives with funding primary challenges if they voted in favor. I am worried that he asked Kirsten Gillibrand to restore the closed loopholes and to pass tax reforms which advantaged him personally in order to fund her campaign. And it is not just Steyer. Why would Mike Bloomberg, the Mayor of the stop-and-frisk hated so much by socialists, fund the campaign of a so-called socialist in Senator Gillibrand? Not to mention all the money she got from banks like Morgan Stanley. These are all legitimate questions that someone has got to ask.

Question 3 -

I would tell them to vote for actual results instead of vague promises. In 2016, you sent Donald Trump and myself to the White House, hoping for us to finally deliver results for the people of this nation, after years of broken promises and disappointments. And we have. No matter what platitudes tested in focus groups is Senator Gillibrand telling us, no matter what dirty attacks her donors are spouting in ads, no matter what lies the mainstream media is promoting, you know that is true. And when I meet people around the country, that is clear to them as well. So I hope that on November 3rd, Middle America will once again send its message to DC, that it can not continue down this path, and that politicians need to be honest with voters and actually represent them if they want to win an election ever again in the United States of America.

Question 4 -

My fellow Americans, tonight you have heard me and Senator Gillibrand discussing our plans for America. While one is backed by actual facts, one is backed by platitudes and talking points, and contradicted by the actions of its promoters. The campaign has been long, but we must not lose perspective, because the choice we have to make on November 3rd will be decisive for the future we will create together. When you go to the polls, do not think about petty issues, but about what country do we want to live in. Do we want to live in a country in which the politicians stand by their word, or in one in which they change positions as if they were socks? Do we want to live in a country in which the President tells it as it is, or one in which he is guided by polls? Do we want to live in a country in which the government is by the people, with the people and for the people, or one in which some wealthy billionaires are dictating everything? Do we want to live in a country with low taxes and regulations, or one with overbearing government influence? Do we want to live in a country where children are left to get poor education in low performance schools because some bureaucrats said so, or one in which they and their families can choose for themselves? Do we want to live in a country led by lobbyists and by those who opposed regulating drug prices, or in one led by those who fought the Big Pharma and the lobbyists? And do we want to live in a country led by those who tolerated the opioid crisis or by those who managed to scale it back dramatically? These are the questions that I am asking you to think about tonight, and I hope that on November 3rd, you will join me to Make America Great Again for everyone.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #735 on: May 28, 2020, 10:45:16 AM »

SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE 2020
REBUTTAL PHASE

And now for rebuttals.

Each candidate will be allowed 1000 total words (but are free to use fewer, if so inclined) to rebut statements they disagreed with in their opponent's debate answers. Candidates are free to separate their responses into segments in order to criticize specific statements more directly, but this will not be required. The game will end and we will move on to election night once the rebuttals for this and the VP debate are in.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #736 on: May 28, 2020, 02:29:46 PM »

Gillibrand Debate Rebuttals

Rebuttal #1
I'm not really sure why the President continues to obsess over Tom Steyer. He ran for the Democratic Nomination and didnt' win. He isn't on this stage. I am on this stage, maybe the President is still having trouble realize that a woman can win. No favors were given to Tom Steyer for any reason. He is a dedicated public servant, who ran for President to bring light to issues regarding race, climate change, income inequality, and so much more. I am proud to be endorsed by Tom Steyer, because his infrastructure and his plans for this country are going to help elect the first Woman President of the United States.
Rebuttal #2
This election must stop straying away towards personal and vindictive attacks. People want to know how we're going to put food on the table, how we're going to get their jobs back, not who said something to someone on Twitter two ago. As President, I will never give nup on issues that the American People support. Affordable College, action on Climate Change, Gun Reform, these are all popular ideas, but someone is in the way. Mitch McConnell. Mitch refuses to send bills that address these issues to the Senate Floor, because he is beholden to big lobbyists and corporations. I take no money from PACs or Corporations, and I proudly stand with the American People in calling on Mitch McConnell to take action. I believe that something special is going to happen on Election Night. The President, and Mitch McConnell are going to wake up to see that their schemes aren't working anymore, and that Democrats have been elected across the boards. Let's make this election about policy, not partisan bickering. Let's change something.
RGM2609
« Reply #737 on: May 28, 2020, 03:29:04 PM »

The rebuttal of President Pence

Well, Senator Gillibrand has certainly put forward quite an broad, appealing-to-all platform in this election. And I agree with her that we must change something, but the problem is that she does not know what we need to change. Because while she has said some platitudes about making college affordable, improving test results and helping school districts out tonight, in 2019 she voted against a project near and dear to my heart called the Pence-Rhee School Choice and Opportunity Act of 2019, which would have expanded the government programs to help students get to college and worked with universities to dramatically reduce costs and the student debt. If this passed college affordability would have been solved, but Kirsten Gillibrand and the Democratic Party have decided that giving up on that is worth it to win this election. She has also said that we need to put food on the table of the American people. Well, agreed, but when I proposed my middle tax cuts plan which has unleashed tremendous economic growth and helped middle class Americans, she said that the Middle Class was cut out, joining Steyer in lying to the people, and then fighting tooth-and-nail to prevent it from passing. She said that she thinks the healthcare system needs to be reformed. Great, so do I! But I tried twice to pass a bill implementing full price transparency and drug price controls, and the Senator voted no and the House Democrats blocked it. She said she supports Gun Reform. Well I am afraid that the Senator forgot the times when she was fighting together with Steve King against gun control measures, or when the NRA was promoting her as their poster girl. She claimed that I started to combat the opioid crisis because she and her donor, together with Stacey Abrams, pressured me to do so, before weirdly switching to the problem of obesity. Probably the Senator is trying her best to be an alternate historian, because that is not what happened. We all remember when Ms. Abrams was running from meeting with me at the White House to discuss the problem. And after they so-called pressured me, her and Steyer proceeded to fight against the bill anyway, a bill which has saved thousands of lives. This is the reality we are facing right now, and the truth is, we just do not know what Kirsten Gillibrand would do in office, because her actions and her speech are contradicting each other at every sentence. We need to have a President who knows exactly what to do in office, and tells that to the American people with honesty and openness. Thank you.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #738 on: May 28, 2020, 06:01:33 PM »

Beshear has no rebuttals
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #739 on: May 28, 2020, 06:27:42 PM »

Who won the second presidential debate?
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - 49.7%
President Mike Pence - 49.4%
RGM2609
« Reply #740 on: May 28, 2020, 06:32:27 PM »

(You do not have anything to do a rebuttal to)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #741 on: May 28, 2020, 07:45:59 PM »

That's because Nikki Haley didn't respond to the VP debate
RGM2609
« Reply #742 on: May 29, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »

That's because Nikki Haley didn't respond to the VP debate
The deadline is on the 31st.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #743 on: May 29, 2020, 05:13:54 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 08:27:55 AM by Cabbage »

Who won the vice presidential debate?
Ambassador Nikki Haley - 50.1%
Governor Andy Beshear - 49.3%

(Election night will be up later today, as graphics are completed.)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: May 30, 2020, 10:29:40 AM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

Carlson: And I'm Tucker Carlson. And we're here to bring you the results of this year's presidential election between the sitting President, Mike Pence, and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand from New York.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, Tucker. And we have the first calls to make in the presidential race:

Carlson: Gillibrand winning in Vermont, while the President wins his home state of Indiana, Kentucky, and South Carolina. That gives him 28 electoral votes to Gillibrand's 3. We cannot call the states of Virginia and Georgia at this time, Virginia having 13 electoral votes and Georgia 16.

Blitzer: Gillibrand leading in Virginia's first vote totals, while Pence leads in Georgia. Meanwhile, in the Senate, we can make two calls: Virginia will go for Democratic incumbent Mark Warner, and South Carolina will go for Republican incumbent Lindsey Graham. Something of a disappointment tonight for South Carolina Democrats, as many hoped Jaime Harrison could unseat Graham, but no such luck, unfortunately. Meanwhile, good news for Republicans on the gubernatorial front, as Phil Scott has easily smashed Lieutenant Governor David Zuckerman. We will be back with more results after the break.

Current Maps:

Presidential

Senate
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #745 on: May 30, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Welcome back. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

Carlson: And I'm Tucker Carlson. And it is now 7:30 in the East, and we can now bring you more calls from the presidential race.

Blitzer: Indeed we can, Tucker, and here they are:

Carlson: Gillibrand winning in Virginia, while the President wins West Virginia. That gives him 33 electoral votes to Gillibrand's 16. We cannot call the states of Ohio or North Carolina, with their respective 18 and 15 electoral votes.

Blitzer: The President is currently leading in all three races we cannot call at this time. Meanwhile, in the Senate, we can make another call: West Virginia will go for Republican incumbent Shelley Moore Capito. Another unsurprising win, another defeat for populist star Richard Ojeda. We will be back with more results after the break.

Current Maps:

Presidential

Senate
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: May 30, 2020, 11:15:04 AM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Carlson: And I'm Tucker Carlson. And it is now 8:00 in the East, and we can now bring you more calls from the presidential race.

Carlson: Both candidates picking up numerous wins at this time. That gives him 110 electoral votes to Gillibrand's 88. We cannot call the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, or Florida with their respective 4, 4, 20 and 29 electoral votes.

Blitzer: The President is currently leading in Pennsylvania, Florida, and North Carolina, while Gillibrand leads in New Hampshire and Maine. Meanwhile, in the Senate, we can make more calls: The Republicans will win Tennessee (Manny Sethi), Mississippi (incumbent Cindy-Hyde Smith), and Oklahoma (Scott Pruitt), while the Democrats will win New Hampshire (incumbent Jeanne Shaheen), Massachusetts (Joe Kennedy III), Rhode Island (incumbent Jack Reed), New Jersey (incumbent Cory Booker), Delaware (incumbent Chris Coons), and Illinois (Cheri Bustos). None of these particularly surprising wins, although we may be able to make some calls in marquee races soon.

Current Maps:

Presidential

Senate
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: May 30, 2020, 11:30:56 AM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Carlson: And I'm Tucker Carlson. And it is now 8:30 in the East, and we can now bring you more calls from the presidential race.

Carlson: Both candidates picking up wins at this time. That gives Pence 117 electoral votes to Gillibrand's 95. We still cannot call North Carolina, Pennsylvania, or Florida with their respective 15, 20 and 29 electoral votes.

Blitzer: The President is currently leading in Pennsylvania, while Gillibrand has taken the lead in Florida and North Carolina. Meanwhile, in the Senate, we can make another call: Republican incumbent Tom Cotton will be reelected in Arkansas against only token opposition. Not at all a surprising win, although we may be able to make some calls in marquee races soon.

Current Maps:

Presidential

Senate
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: May 30, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Carlson: And I'm Tucker Carlson. And it is now 9:00 in the East, and we can now bring you more calls from the presidential race.

Carlson: Both candidates picking up wins at this time. That gives Pence 202 electoral votes to Gillibrand's 148. We cannot call Arizona, Michigan, Nebraska's 2nd congressional district, or Wisconsin with their respective 11, 16, 1, and 10 electoral votes.

Blitzer: The President is currently leading in Florida and North Carolina, while Gillibrand has the lead in Arizona, Wisconsin, Nebraska's 2nd district, and Michigan. Meanwhile, in the Senate, we can make more calls: The Republicans will win in Louisiana (incumbent Bill Cassidy), Texas (incumbent John Cornyn), Kansas (Roger Marshall), Nebraska (incumbent Ben Sasse), South Dakota (incumbent Mike Rounds), and Wyoming (Jillian Balow). The Democrats, meanwhile, will carry New Mexico (Ben Ray Luján). We also have two key races to call from the state of Georgia:

Carlson: Warnock representing a pickup for the Democrats in Georgia, the first of the night. Meanwhile, Senator Perdue will hold his seat for the Republicans. Remember, folks, that it will take 3 net flips for the Democrats to take the Senate if Senator Gillibrand wins tonight, and 4 if it's President Pence.

Current Maps:

Presidential

Senate
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #749 on: May 30, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Carlson: And I'm Tucker Carlson. And it is now 10:00 in the East, and we can now bring you more calls from the presidential race.

Carlson: Gillibrand carrying a razor-thin race in North Carolina; results suggest she has only won by about 1,052 votes. Both candidates picking up wins at this time. That gives Pence 211 electoral votes to Gillibrand's 174. We cannot call Iowa or Nevada with their 6 electoral votes apiece.

Blitzer: The President is currently leading in Florida and Wisconsin, while Gillibrand has the lead in Nevada, Iowa, Nebraska's 2nd district, and Michigan. Meanwhile, in the Senate, we can make more calls:

Carlson: Both of these races critical holds for their parties, and a relief for Senator McConnell, whose feud with the President early in the year nearly brought him low tonight. Whether the President can also pull off a win remains to be seen.

Current Maps:

Presidential

Senate
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies