Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:08:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 32361 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: April 13, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »

(Images of hosts are from Wikimedia Commons; vote count/projection/SDE/delegate totals were made by SouthCarolinaAaron and are used with his express permission)

Election Results 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And we're here to bring you the results of the Northern Mariana Islands Democratic caucuses, and, later on, the results from Alaska, Hawaii, Wyoming, and Louisiana.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from Alaska.

Blitzer: Ms. Abrams currently holding on to her narrow lead, but only a few dozen votes ahead of Senator Gillibrand in Alaska.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and it's interesting to see how well Steyer is performing right now in Alaska, not far behind his standout performance in Wyoming a few hours back, although he is slumping a bit from where he was half an hour ago.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch to see how it plays out as the night rages on. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #676 on: April 13, 2020, 05:26:39 PM »

(Images of hosts are from Wikimedia Commons; vote count/projection/SDE/delegate totals were made by SouthCarolinaAaron and are used with his express permission)

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're here to bring you the results of the Northern Mariana Islands Democratic caucuses, and, later on, the results from Alaska, Hawaii, Wyoming, and Louisiana.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in the final results from Alaska.

Blitzer: Ms. Abrams will carry the state of Alaska.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and it's interesting to see how well Steyer performed even as many believe his campaign is just trying to accrue delegates to play queenmaker at the convention.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch to see how it plays out as the primaries rage on. We would like to thank you so much for tuning in tonight, and invite you to join us for our coverage of the Wisconsin primary. See you then.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #677 on: April 13, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »

Running Democratic delegate total (in case of emergency):

Map made by me in Photoshop and posted to Imgur (hence why it looks a little funny)

Stacey Abrams - 1019
Kirsten Gillibrand - 836
Tom Steyer - 751
Steve Bullock - 93 (endorsed Abrams)

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #678 on: April 13, 2020, 06:01:44 PM »

PHASE III, TURN XI: WILDNESS IN WISCONSIN

With the latest slate of states giving Abrams a majority of their delegates, but Gillibrand and Steyer continuing to increase their own totals, the campaigns turn to Wisconsin, a key state in Steyer's strategy to ensure he'll have a solid say in who gets to be the next nominee, and thus one in which he has heavily invested. However, as his campaign is taken less and less seriously by the media, can he get a decent result, or will Abrams and Gillibrand finally make this a purely two-woman race?

Current Polling (4-5 April 2020)

Democrats
Stacey Abrams - 43%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 37%
Tom Steyer - 19%
Undecided - 1%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 90%

Other/Undecided - 10%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 94%
Other/Undecided - 6%

Schedules for April 5th through 7th will be due April 15. There will be no debate this turn.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #679 on: April 14, 2020, 10:36:35 AM »

Abrams Schedule

April 5: Major rally in Milwaukee with Senator Feingold, hold town hall in Madison
April 6: Major rally in Philadelphia, hold town hall in Philadelphia
April 7: Fly back to Milwaukee to watch election returns and give speech following results

Image from Wikimedia Commons
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #680 on: April 14, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »

Gillibrand Schedule
Credit to NBC News for the Photo

April 5th: Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Rally with Sen. Bob Casey
- Put up Signs with Campaign Staff
- Townhall
- GOTV Events across Pittsburgh

April 6th - 7th: Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Major Rally with Rep. Gwen Moore and Rep. Mark Pocan
- Townhall
- Major GOTV Events across Milwaukee

Madison, Wisconsin
- Major Rally with Rep. Mark Pocan and Rep. Ron Kind
- Townhall
- Major GOTV Events across Madison
- Go back to Election HQ then to Election Results Watch Party
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #681 on: April 16, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're here to bring you the results of the Wisconsin Democratic primary.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in the first results from the state, and here they are.

Blitzer: Senator Gillibrand seemingly the favorite coming into tonight, and leading by some eight points over Ms. Abrams. Mr. Steyer, meanwhile, in third again, but, teetering on the edge of that ever-critical 15% threshold to earn statewide delegates.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and of course Steyer has been cutting back on his campaign in recent days, leading many to believe that, with his already impressive delegate haul leading many to believe he can play queenmaker at a contested convention, which will become all the more likely if Gillibrand wins Wisconsin tonight.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch to see how it plays out as the night rages on. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #682 on: April 16, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're here to bring you the results of the Wisconsin Democratic primary.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from the state, and here they are.

Blitzer: Senator Gillibrand seemingly the favorite coming into tonight, and leading by some eleven points over Ms. Abrams. Mr. Steyer, meanwhile, in third again, and crashing from the early returns, which many believe were bolstered by the early vote, which would, of course, favor Mr. Steyer.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and of course Steyer has been cutting back on his campaign in recent days, leading many to believe that, with his already impressive delegate haul leading many to believe he can play queenmaker at a contested convention, which will become all the more likely if Gillibrand wins Wisconsin tonight.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #683 on: April 16, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »

Election Results 2020

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from the state, and we can now make a projection.

Blitzer: Senator Gillibrand the winner tonight, and leading by some thirteen points over Ms. Abrams. Mr. Steyer, meanwhile, in third again, and crashing from the early returns, which many believe were bolstered by the early vote, which would, of course, favor Mr. Steyer.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #684 on: April 16, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »

Election Results 2020

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from the state, and we can now make a projection.

Blitzer: Senator Gillibrand the winner tonight, and leading by some eleven points over Ms. Abrams. Mr. Steyer, meanwhile, in third again, and crashing from the early returns, which many believe were bolstered by the early vote, which would, of course, favor Mr. Steyer.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and of course Steyer has been cutting back on his campaign in recent days, leading many to believe that, with his already impressive delegate haul leading many to believe he can play queenmaker at a contested convention, which will become all the more likely now that Gillibrand has won Wisconsin.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #685 on: April 16, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »

Election Results 2020

Blitzer: Senator Gillibrand the winner tonight, carrying the state by some fourteen points over Ms. Abrams. Mr. Steyer, meanwhile, in third again, and failing to win delegates in this state, one of the two pillars his continued campaign was built upon, according to sources.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and of course Steyer has been cutting back on his campaign in recent days, leading many to believe that, with his already impressive delegate haul leading many to believe he can play queenmaker at a contested convention, which will become all the more likely now that Gillibrand has won Wisconsin.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch to see how it plays out in the remaining weeks of the primaries. That said, thank you so much for tuning in, and don't forget to join us for the ACELA primaries in three weeks' time. See you then.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »

Running Democratic delegate total (in case of emergency):

Map made by me in Photoshop and posted to Imgur (hence why it looks a little funny)

Stacey Abrams - 1043
Kirsten Gillibrand - 896
Tom Steyer - 751
Steve Bullock - 93 (endorsed Abrams)

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: April 16, 2020, 07:20:28 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2020, 10:17:52 AM by Entropy In Action »

PHASE III, TURN XI: APRIL AND ACELA

With Senator Gillibrand victorious in Wisconsin, the focus of the candidates is now on the gaggle of Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic states that make up the ACELA primaries: Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New York. Mr. Steyer has already spent several days in these states, in anticipation of a final push before suspending further efforts at delegate acquisition, while Senator Gillibrand can naturally feel confident about her chances among the more than two hundred delegates awarded to her home state. Ms. Abrams, meanwhile, while not exactly on her home turf, is seeking to cement her frontrunner status heading into the convention by preserving her lead through these states, with potential wins in one or more of them working to further this cause. Only time will tell who emerges victorious.

Current Polling (8-10 April 2020)

Democrats
Stacey Abrams - 42%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 38%
Tom Steyer - 17%
Undecided - 3%

(after Abrams dropout)
Democrats
Kirsten Gillibrand - 76%
Tom Steyer - 17%
Undecided - 7%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 90%

Other/Undecided - 10%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 94%
Other/Undecided - 6%

Schedules for April 8th through 28th will be due April 23. There will be no debate this turn.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #688 on: April 16, 2020, 08:14:13 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2020, 08:53:43 AM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Abrams Concession Speech and Major Announcement

Today, former Georgia House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams conceded the Wisconsin primary to Senator Kirsten Gillibrand as well as announcing major personal news that will affect her status in the race. She gave her speech in Milwaukee shortly after results were certified in the badger state.

Hello Milwaukee!

Tonight, was not the best night for our campaign. This past year, has been the best year of my life. Meeting with people all over this country, is the greatest feeling I have ever had. I met people I never thought I’d get to meet. Farmers in Missouri, teachers in Virginia, union workers in Ohio, or regular folks in South Carolina.

It has been the honor of my life to be your candidate. But recently, on the advice of doctors and medical professionals, they have advised that a presidential campaign would be unwise at this time. So, today I’m announcing that I will suspend my presidential campaign.

This isn’t how I expected our campaign to end. I want to thank my campaign staff and more importantly you. You, the voters. You, the volunteers. Those who dedicated their hard-earned money and time. Those who drove miles to come to a town hall, those who lined the streets with homemade signs, those who knocked on doors, called voters, to the Moms and Dads who lifted their little girls and little boys on their shoulders and whispered in their ears “You can be anything you want to be.”

The way we continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passion, our strength, and do all we can to help elect Kirsten Gillibrand, the next president of the United States.

Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate her on the victory she has won and the extraordinary race she has run. I endorse her and throw my full support behind her.

As a friend once said, although we weren’t able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling, there are about 18 million cracks in there and I’m confident that Kirsten Gillibrand will shatter that glass ceiling.

Thank you all so much for everything. I promise, I will not stay quiet. I will remain engaged as a fervent supporter of Kirsten Gillibrand. Thank you and God bless America!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2020, 09:39:21 PM »

Gillibrand Responds to Wisconsin Win and Abrams Drop Out
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #690 on: April 17, 2020, 11:58:17 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2020, 11:15:53 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Schedule
Credit to Michigan Radio for the Photo

April 16th - 18th: Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland
- Rally with Sen. Kamala Harris
- Townhall
- Homelessness Round Table

Annapolis, Maryland
- Rally with Sen. Kamala Harris
- Townhall
- Economic Growth Round Table
- Interview with local TV Network

April 19th - 20th: Rhode Island
Providence, Rhode Island
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Townhall
- Interview with local TV Network
- Attend Festival
- Meet with Undecided Voters
- Attend Parade

April 21st - 22nd: Connecticut
Stanford, Connecticut
- Townhall
- Income Inequality Round Table

New Haven, Connecticut
- Townhall
- Minimum Wage Round Table

April 23rd - 27th: Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Townhall
- Interview on local TV Network

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Townhall
- Attend Parade

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Townhall
- Homelessness Round Table
- Door to Door with Campaign Staff

Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Townhall
- Major GOTV Event with Surrogates

April 28th: New York
New York City, New York
- Major Rally with Sen. Klobuchar, Sen. Harris, Fmr. VP Biden, Sen. Baldwin, Ms. Abrams, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, and Sen. Booker
- Townhall
- Parade in NYC Streets with Campaign Staff
- Go to Election HQ, thank staffers, and head to Election Watch Party
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2020, 07:46:37 AM »

Current Endorsements:
Democrats

Kirsten Gillibrand
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Abby Finkenauer, US Rep. from IA-01
Jacky Rosen, US Senator from Nevada
NARAL Pro-Choice America
IUOE Local 234, labor union (IA)
Cedric Crear, Las Vegas City Councilor, Ward 5
Planned Parenthood
Susie Lee, US Rep. from NV-03
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
Catherine Cortez Masto, US Senator from Nevada
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
Steve Sisolak, Governor of Nevada
League of United Latin American Citizens
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Dianne Feinstein, US Senator from California
Joyce Beatty, US Rep. from OH-03
Smart Solutions PAC
Cory Booker, US Senator from New Jersey
Jim Clyburn, House Majority Whip, US Rep. from SC-06
NAACP, civil rights organization
Harry Reid, former US Senator from Nevada and former Senate Majority Leader
Donna Shalala, US Rep. from FL-27
Ilhan Omar, US Rep. from MN-05
Jon Stewart, former television show host, comedian, and activist
Stephen Colbert, television show host and comedian
John Oliver, television show host and comedian
Tammy Baldwin, US Senator from Wisconsin
Tony Evers, Governor of Wisconsin
Cindy Axne, US Rep. from IA-03
Service Employees International Union
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California
Culinary Workers Union Local 226, labor union from Nevada
Ayanna Pressley, US Rep. from MA-07
Jared Polis, Governor of Colorado
Priorities USA Action
Sheila Jackson Lee, US Rep. from TX-18
Julian Castro, former US HUD Secretary
Al Green, US Rep. from TX-09
Joaquin Castro, US Rep. from TX-20
Steve Adler, Mayor of Austin, Texas
Bill de Blasio, Mayor of New York City, New York
London Breed, Mayor of San Francisco, California
Jason Carter, former Georgia State Senator and grandson of Jimmy Carter
Rashida Tlaib, US Rep. from MI-13
Maria Cantwell, US Senator from Washington
Pramila Jayapal, US Rep. from WA-07
College Democrats of America
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, US Rep. from FL-23
Ann Kirkpatrick, US Rep. from AZ-02
Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, US Rep. from FL-26
Darren Soto, US Rep. from FL-09
Raul Grijalva, US Rep. from AZ-03
Tom O'Halleran, US Rep. from AZ-01
Tim Ryan, US Rep. from OH-13
Marcia Fudge, US Rep. from OH-11
Charlie Crist, US Rep. from FL-13
Wanda Vázquez Garced, Governor of Puerto Rico
Tulsi Gabbard, US Rep. from HI-02
Bob Casey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Mark Pocan, US Rep. from WI-02
Carmen Yulín Cruz, Mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico
Cathy Connolly, Wyoming State House Minority Leader
Casey Steinau, Chair of the Alaska Democratic Party
Ed Case, US Rep. from HI-01
Ron Kind, US Rep. from WI-03
Gwen Moore, US Rep. from WI-04
Stacey Abrams, former Georgia House Minority Leader and former candidate
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Karen Bass, US Rep. from CA-37
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05 and civil rights activist
Al Sharpton, minister and civil rights activist
Moms Demand Action
Post and Courier
Oprah Winfrey, former TV show host
Jaime Harrison, former chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party and candidate for US Senate
American Federation of Teachers
Beto O'Rourke, US Rep. from TX-16
Roy Cooper, Governor of North Carolina
Mark Warner, US Senator from Virginia
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State and 2016 nominee for President
Progressive Change Campaign Committee
Jesse Jackson, Sr., reverend and political activist
John Kerry, former US Secretary of State and 2004 nominee
Kyrsten Sinema, US Senator from Arizona
Debbie Stabenow, US Senator from Michigan
Debbie Dingell, US Rep. from MI-12
Steve Bullock, Governor of Montana
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Tom Miller, Attorney General of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, US Senator from New Hampshire
Las Vegas Sun
Steve Shurtleff, Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives
Douglas Ley, New Hampshire House Majority Leader
Joyce Craig, Mayor of Manchester, New Hampshire
Carolyn Goodman, Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada
Kate Marshall, Lieutenant Governor of Nevada
Ben McAdams, US Rep. from UT-04
John Hickenlooper, former Governor of Colorado
Jared Golden, US Rep. from ME-02
Jason Crow, US Rep. from CO-06
Bob Graham, former Governor of Florida
JB Pritzker, Governor of Illinois
Bill Nelson, former US Senator from Florida
Sherrod Brown, US Senator from Ohio
Brian Schatz, US Senator from Hawaii
Russ Feingold, former US Senator from Wisconsin
Carlos Romero Barceló, US Shadow Senator from Puerto Rico
Mark Begich, former US Senator from Alaska
John Fetterman, Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania
Dwight Evans, US Rep. from PA-03
John Bel Edwards, Governor of Louisiana

Tom Steyer
John Lynch, former Governor of New Hampshire
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington
Ted Lieu, US Rep. from CA-33
Sierra Club, environmentalist organization
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Michael Bennet, US Senator from Colorado
UNITEHERE, labor union
Seth Moulton, US Rep. from MA-06
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
AFL-CIO, major labor union
Chris Pappas, US Rep. from NH-01
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Des Moines Register
New Hampshire Union Leader
Dina Titus, US Rep. from NV-01
Joe Cunningham, US Rep. from SC-01
Terri Sewell, US Rep. from AL-07
Nina Turner, former Ohio State Senator and chair of Our Revolution
Gavin Newsom, Governor of California
Harley Rouda, US Rep. from CA-48
Tim Kaine, US Senator from Virginia
Raphael Warnock, pastor and candidate for US Senate from Georgia
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
Tom Wolf, Governor of Pennsylvania
Xavier Becerra, Attorney General of California
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor
Tammy Duckworth, US Senator from Illinois
Lauren Underwood, US Rep. from IL-14
Cheri Bustos, US Rep. from IL-17
Nikki Fried, Florida State Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Gretchen Whitmer, Governor of Michigan
Val Demings, US Rep. from FL-10
Marcy Kaptur, US Rep. from OH-09
Philip Levine, former Mayor of Miami Beach, FL

National Polling (17-19 April 2020)

Democrats
Kirsten Gillibrand - 80%
Tom Steyer - 18%
Undecided - 2%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 86%

Other - 9%
Undecided - 5%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 89%
Other - 5%
Undecided - 6%

Credits:
Tom Steyer: 14.6
Kirsten Gillibrand: 22

Mike Pence: free to announce the endorsement of any current Republican Party members except Bill Weld (non-Republican endorsements become available once the general election phase starts)

Austin Petersen: free to announce the endorsement of any current Libertarian Party members + Bill Weld (non-Libertarian endorsements become available once the general election begins)

Also, for those feeling like they're missing credits, early purchases and reservations were accounted for prior to posting.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #692 on: April 20, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »

Note:

Tom Steyer will be dropping out and urging his delegates to back presumptive Democratic nominee Kirsten Gillibrand.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #693 on: April 21, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »

PHASE IV, TURN I: SO IT BEGINS

With a shocking dropout by Ms. Abrams cementing Senator Kirsten Gillibrand as the Democratic nominee, so we come to the Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee. While the media has been rife with speculation as to Gillibrand's VP pick, the Senator has kept her cards close to her chest. Top contenders include her main competition for the 2020 race, Stacey Abrams and Tom Steyer, while others believe she may seek to go her own way with her second-in-command. Regardless of which of these paths she takes, however, two things are certain: 1) with 2,092 pledged delegates, she is certain to become the nominee on the first ballot, and 2) this is the beginning of one of the wildest elections in American history.

Current Polling (8-11 July 2020)

President Mike Pence - 44%
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - 42%
Mr. Austin Petersen - 8%
Other/Undecided - 6%

DNC outline/speeches/etc., as well as the White House's responses to it, will be due April 26, with extensions available until April 28.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #694 on: April 22, 2020, 02:35:24 PM »

Gillibrand VP Shortlist
Credit to Vox for the Photo

As Kirsten Gillibrand receives the support of her formal rivals, she was declared the Presumptive Nominee, and begin drafting a VP Selection Team. The team has been meeting for weeks leading up to the DNC, attempting to find the perfect person to balance the ticket. The team said that, "We are going to ensure whoever is picked is the best person for the job, and has a long history of fighting for the interests of the American People."
Stacey Abrams
Amy Klobuchar
Cory Booker
Sherrod Brown
Steve Bullock
Tammy Baldwin
Bob Casey
Mark Warner
Catherine Cortez-Masto
Michael Bennet
Tulsi Gabbard
Andy Beshear
Kamala Harris
Kyrsten Sinema
Tom Steyer
Debbie Stabenow
Beto O' Rourke
Jay Inslee
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #695 on: April 22, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »

Election Results 2020

June 2, 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're here to tell you that, with her victory in the New Jersey Democratic primary...

Blitzer: This is, of course, merely a formality, as all of Gillibrand's major challengers in the Democratic primary had jumped out by the end of April, but still, an important part of Gillibrand's all-important nomination on the first ballot. That said, thanks for tuning in to this update, and we will see you for our coverage of the Democratic National Convention next month. See you then.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #696 on: April 24, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Accepts Democratic Nomination for President
Credit to Crain's NY Business for the Photo

Thank you, thank you for that amazing welcome. And to Stacey, thank you. I am so proud to be your friend, and I’m so proud of what you’ve been able to achieve. Thank you for bringing new ideas, and perspectives to the minds of so many people across our nation.

We had the opportunity to hear from President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Senator Amy Klobuchar, and so many other great Americans in the last couple days here in Milwaukee.

Gathered here in Milwaukee, we have been able to see just exactly what our Founding Fathers wanted. People gathering together in the pursuit of freedom and working together to better our nation, and to create a better place for all of God’s children to live.

I want to say thanks to all of those who attempted the Democratic Nomination. You inspired millions, and strengthened our democracy with your sacrifice. From Senator Jeff Merkley, to Senator Tammy Baldwin, the Democratic Party was able to put forward candidates that are looking forward to what our nation can do, not looking backwards. Together, we are going to take our movement to the White House in November.

This time in history, America is once again at a moment of reckoning. Powerful forces are threatening to pull us apart. Bonds of trust and respect are fraying. And just as with our founders, there are no guarantees. It is truly up to us. We have to decide whether we all will work together, so that we can all rise together. Our country’s motto is e pluribus unum: out of many, we are one. Are we going to stay true to that motto?

We’ve heard Mike Pence’s answer to that at the RNC last week. He wants to divide us -- from the rest of the world, and from each other. He’s betting that the perils of today’s world will blind us to its unlimited promise. He has taken the Republican Party a very long way, from “Morning in America” to “Midnight in America.” He wants us to fear each other, and to fear the future.

As President Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said, “the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” Now we are cleareyed about what our country is up against. Yet, we are not afraid. We will rise to the challenge, just as we always have.

We are not going to build walls, we are going to build an economy that works for every man, woman, and child in this nation. We will not shut people out, we will create a pathway to citizenship and bring our families together. We will not ban a religion, we will work American allies to defeat terrorism.

here is so much work to do. Too many people still haven’t received a pay raise, inequality is rampant, there is little social mobility, too much paralysis in Washington, too many threats here at home as well as abroad.

These challenges do not intimidate us, we have the most dedicated team in American History ready to take a stand for our American Values. We have three values that we shall never waiver on, freedom, opportunity, and justice. We should be so proud that these words are associated with our party. That way the American People know that the Democratic Party is a grassroots movement dedicated to the people of our nation.

Many years ago, I embarked on a journey, by joining the field of politics to fight for an America in which everyone can succeed. I took this leap, because I could see what was happening in the communities surrounding me. Too much inequality, too little action. So, I went to Washington and fought for the American People to get results that we could all be so proud of.

Now, I stand here on this stage today. Asking for your help, your energy, your talent, your ambition, to defeat the most dangerous President in American history. I believe that we can do just that, with all of my heart.

That is exactly why “Brave Wins” is not just a slogan, or a lesson from our past, it is a guiding principle for the country we’ve always strived for.

A country where the economy works for everyone, not just those at the top. Where you can get a good job, no matter what ZIP code you live in. A country where all of our children can dream, and those dreams are within reach. Where our families are strong, and our communities are safe.

That is the country that we are fighting for, that is the future that we are working towards. And so it is with honor, determination, and extreme love of the nation that we are going to build together, that I accept your nomination for President of the United States!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #697 on: April 26, 2020, 10:58:25 AM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Announces VP Pick in Press Release
Credit to CBS New York for the Photo

The Gillibrand Campaign is honored and ecstatic to have received the Democratic Nomination, and is optimistic for the future, and for the remainder of the DNC. After over two weeks of deliberation and discussion, interviews and lists, the Gillibrand Campaign has made our pick for Vice President of the United States. We believe that the best type of person to lead with Kirsten is someone with values, new fresh ideas, and determination to lead this nation together.

We are proud to announce the pick of Governor Andy Beshear to be the next Vice President of the United States. We believe that Kirsten and Andy have the experience, determination, and hundreds of new ideas for the future. Together, we are going to defeat Mike Pence and show that Brave Wins.

We ask all Americans to look into their hearts and realize what is happening in the world around them. Mike Pence and the GOP is focusing on tearing families apart, cutting benefits, and destroying what so many spent decades fighting for. We are in this fight together, because there is no alternative. This is the most crucial election in American History, and failure to win will result in the complete destruction of programs such as Medicare, Social Security, and CHIP.

Please join our campaign today to ensure that we take America back and put the values, and interests of the American People First.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #698 on: April 29, 2020, 03:08:07 PM »

PHASE IV, TURN II: BETWEEN THE CONVENTIONS

With Senator Gillibrand tapping moderate Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear for her Vice President, the intervening month now allows her time to capitalize on her convention bounce. Meanwhile, President Pence was left to debate whom he would tap. Vice President Reed is...all right, but he was kind of putting a hat on a hat, and hopefully Georgia wouldn't be competitive for long. It is rumored that the President is down to a shortlist of three, none of which are the incumbent, but all of which would bring something unique to the ticket. Time will tell which he chooses...

Current Polling (18-21 July 2020)

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - 49%
President Mike Pence - 40%
Mr. Austin Petersen - 6%
Other/Undecided - 5%

Schedules for July 17 through August 16 will be due May 5, with extensions available until May 8.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #699 on: May 04, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »

Gillibrand Summer Schedule
Credit to NBC News for the Photo

July
July 17th - July 31st: Michigan
Detroit, Michigan
- Major Rally with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Gov. Andy Beshear
- Large Voter Registration Drive across Metro Detroit and Dearborn
- Set up 5 new Campaign Offices across Detroit

Grand Rapids. Michigan
- Large Voter Turnout Rally in High Schools and Colleges throughout Grand Rapids
- GOTV Events and opening of 3 new offices across Grand Rapids

Flint, Michigan
- Townhall with MSNBC
- Meet with families affected by the Flint Michigan Water Crisis

Lansing, Michigan
- Speak in front of the State Capitol and call on the Legislature to pass adequate protections for Social Security, and Healthcare
- Deliver a Speech to Graduating Students at Michigan State University

Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Major Rally with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Gov. Andy Beshear
- Meet with Students at the University of Michigan: Ann Arbor and speak about tuition costs at the Student Union Building
- Townhall with CNN
- Put up Signs across Ann Arbor with Campaign Staffers

August
August 1st - August 5th: Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Major Rally with Sen. Tammy Baldwin
- Speak at the University of Wisconsin: Milwaukee about high tuition costs and student loans
- Open 2 new Campaign Offices and have a Voter Registration Drive

Madison, Wisconsin
- Major Rally with Sen. Tammy Baldwin
- Televised Round Table with Gun Violence Survivors
- Meet with Mothers who are victims of Gun Violence or have lost family and friends due to Gun Violence

August 6th - 8th: Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Major Rally with Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Visit underfunded and poorer areas of Minneapolis to door knock and speak with people about the issues that are important to them
- Speak about Abortion Rights and LGBTQ Rights

Duluth, Minnesota
- Major Rally with Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Speak at the University of Minnesota: Duluth about Healthcare and Call Washington to "Get To Work"
- Meet with Union Workers and visit Abandoned Factories with Sen. Amy Klobuchar

August 9th - 10th: Nebraska
Omaha, Nebraska
- Major Rally with Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Gov. Andy Beshear
- Canvass throughout Omaha and meet families while canvassing
- Open new Campaign Office and speak about "American Values" of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

August 11th - 13th: New Hampshire
Hanover, New Hampshire
- Major Rally with Sen. Jeanne Shaheen
- Visit Dartmouth and old College Dorm Building, and hold townhall
- Go out to local restaurant and have dinner while meeting with families

Manchester, New Hampshire
- Major Rally with Sen. Jeanne Shaheen
- Speak about the importance of Social Security and how a Gillibrand Administration will protect the program
- Speak with Undecided Voters at local coffee shop

August 14th - 15th: Arizona
Tuscon, Arizona
- Major Rally with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema
- Speak with Arizona Democrats about the importance of flipping Arizona and voting blue up and down the ballot
- Speak about immigration with Undecided Voters at Townhall

August 16th: Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Major Rally with Gov. Tom Wolf and Sen. Bob Casey
- Speak at the University of Pennsylvania about rising tuition costs and inaction on Climate Change
- Open 3 new Campaign Offices and put up Signs with Campaign Staff
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies