Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31483 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 07, 2020, 12:36:04 PM »
« edited: March 07, 2020, 12:45:08 PM by Mycool »

Tammy Baldwin Speech in Des Moines

“Running in this campaign has been the highlight of my entire career in public service. Getting to travel this country, meeting people and hearing their stories will forever shape who I am, and will propel the fight for progress that this campaign has been all about. However, it’s become abundantly clear that this race is consolidating, and quickly, behind the top three. It’s with a heavy heart that I announce the suspension of my campaign. However, we cannot allow ourselves to be disheartened, as there is still a real chance for the same big, structural change that we’ve been fighting for. My friend and fellow Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand, represents this push for progress, and I fully endorse her run for President, and ask that you do too. I know this is hard, but we can all work together to enact the change that we want to see in this country, and I believe Kirsten is the best chance for us to get it.”
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #476 on: March 07, 2020, 12:42:21 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2020, 09:41:24 PM by Entropy In Action »

Current Endorsements:
Democrats

Stacey Abrams
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Karen Bass, US Rep. from CA-37
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05 and civil rights activist
Al Sharpton, minister and civil rights activist
Moms Demand Action
Post and Courier
Oprah Winfrey, former TV show host
Jaime Harrison, former chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party and candidate for US Senate
American Federation of Teachers
Beto O'Rourke, US Rep. from TX-16
Roy Cooper, Governor of North Carolina
Mark Warner, US Senator from Virginia
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State and 2016 nominee for President
Progressive Change Campaign Committee

Steve Bullock
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Tom Miller, Attorney General of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, US Senator from New Hampshire
Las Vegas Sun
Steve Shurtleff, Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives
Douglas Ley, New Hampshire House Majority Leader
Joyce Craig, Mayor of Manchester, New Hampshire
Carolyn Goodman, Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada
Kate Marshall, Lieutenant Governor of Nevada

Kirsten Gillibrand
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Abby Finkenauer, US Rep. from IA-01
Jacky Rosen, US Senator from Nevada
NARAL Pro-Choice America
IUOE Local 234, labor union (IA)
Cedric Crear, Las Vegas City Councilor, Ward 5
Planned Parenthood
Susie Lee, US Rep. from NV-03
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
Catherine Cortez Masto, US Senator from Nevada
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
Steve Sisolak, Governor of Nevada
League of United Latin American Citizens
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Dianne Feinstein, US Senator from California
Joyce Beatty, US Rep. from OH-03
Smart Solutions PAC
Cory Booker, US Senator from New Jersey
Jim Clyburn, House Majority Whip, US Rep. from SC-06
NAACP, civil rights organization
Harry Reid, former US Senator from Nevada and former Senate Majority Leader
Donna Shalala, US Rep. from FL-27
Ilhan Omar, US Rep. from MN-05
Jon Stewart, former television show host, comedian, and activist
Stephen Colbert, television show host and comedian
John Oliver, television show host and comedian
Tammy Baldwin, US Senator from Wisconsin
Tony Evers, Governor of Wisconsin
Cindy Axne, US Rep. from IA-03
Service Employees International Union
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California
Culinary Workers Union Local 226, labor union from Nevada
Ayanna Pressley, US Rep. from MA-07
Jared Polis, Governor of Colorado
Priorities USA Action
Sheila Jackson Lee, US Rep. from TX-18
Julian Castro, former US HUD Secretary
Al Green, US Rep. from TX-09

Tom Steyer
John Lynch, former Governor of New Hampshire
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington
Ted Lieu, US Rep. from CA-33
Sierra Club, environmentalist organization
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Michael Bennet, US Senator from Colorado
UNITEHERE, labor union
Seth Moulton, US Rep. from MA-06
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
AFL-CIO, major labor union
Chris Pappas, US Rep. from NH-01
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Des Moines Register
New Hampshire Union Leader
Dina Titus, US Rep. from NV-01
Joe Cunningham, US Rep. from SC-01
Terri Sewell, US Rep. from AL-07
Nina Turner, former Ohio State Senator and chair of Our Revolution
Gavin Newsom, Governor of California
Harley Rouda, US Rep. from CA-48
Tim Kaine, US Senator from Virginia
Raphael Warnock, pastor and candidate for US Senate from Georgia
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
Tom Wolf, Governor of Pennsylvania
Xavier Becerra, Attorney General of California
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor

National Polling (29-31 January 2020)

Democrats
Kirsten Gillibrand - 32%
Stacey Abrams - 27%
Tom Steyer - 24%
Steve Bullock - 9%
Undecided - 8%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 79%

Other - 13%
Undecided - 8%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 86%
Other - 8%
Undecided - 6%

Credits:
Tom Steyer: 0
Stacey Abrams: 0.4
Kirsten Gillibrand: 3.3
Steve Bullock: 0.8

Mike Pence: free to announce the endorsement of any current Republican Party members except Bill Weld (non-Republican endorsements become available once the general election phase starts)

Austin Petersen: free to announce the endorsement of any current Libertarian Party members + Bill Weld (non-Libertarian endorsements become available once the general election begins)

Also, for those feeling like they're missing credits, early purchases and reservations were accounted for prior to posting.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #477 on: March 07, 2020, 01:32:22 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Speech in Des Moines

“Running in this campaign has been the highlight of my entire career in public service. Getting to travel this country, meeting people and hearing their stories will forever shape who I am, and will propel the fight for progress that this campaign has been all about. However, it’s become abundantly clear that this race is consolidating, and quickly, behind the top three. It’s with a heavy heart that I announce the suspension of my campaign. However, we cannot allow ourselves to be disheartened, as there is still a real chance for the same big, structural change that we’ve been fighting for. My friend and fellow Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand, represents this push for progress, and I fully endorse her run for President, and ask that you do too. I know this is hard, but we can all work together to enact the change that we want to see in this country, and I believe Kirsten is the best chance for us to get it.”

Got it.
RGM2609
« Reply #478 on: March 07, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Great to see Tom Steyer aka DemocRAT Koch or Chief Swampist going down hard. He's over and probably should be packing for his holiday to prison already. Now with Abrams or Gillibrand it will be a cakewalk! #MAGA #DrainTheSwamp #NewGOP #FourMoreYears
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #479 on: March 07, 2020, 02:43:51 PM »

Bill and Hillary Clinton endorse Stacey Abrams
Images from Wikimedia Commons, Tweets from simitator.com

In a last ditch effort to get a 2nd place finish in Iowa, Stacey Abrams has scored the endorsement of two very influential figures: President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Mr. and Mrs. Clinton endorsed Ms. Abrams on Twitter this morning, saying they plan to campaign for her in New York and all around the country:

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2020, 05:14:15 PM »

(Images of hosts are from Wikimedia Commons; vote count/projection/SDE/delegate totals were made by SouthCarolinaAaron and are used with his express permission)

Election Results 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And we're here to bring you the first Election Results of this 2020 cycle, the Iowa Caucuses. The President is, of course, running virtually unopposed in the Republican caucuses despite numerous primary challengers at this time last year, and so our main focus tonight is on the Democratic race.

Blitzer: Indeed it is, John. We are now getting in the first results as the caucus centers begin to report. While the Iowa Democratic Party debated using an app to speed result reporting, the Baldwin campaign, in particular, condemned this as "an easy way to let the Russians decide our nominee." As a result, the votes will be counted and reported in the traditional fashion. Speaking of which, here are the first results, out of several more rural counties across the state.

Blitzer: Gillibrand currently leading by a single percentage point, but this margin is expected to widen as the night goes on according to most forecasts, including FiveThirtyEight, and our own.

King: Indeed, Wolf, but something I'd like to draw our viewers' attention to is how much support Governor Bullock is getting. While it's nowhere near enough for him to win, at this point, this was a state his campaign wrote off months ago, only for him to be running on the edge of viability tonight.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch as the night goes on. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »

(Images of hosts are from Wikimedia Commons; vote count/projection/SDE/delegate totals were made by SouthCarolinaAaron and are used with his express permission)

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're back to bring you more results from the unfolding Iowa Democratic caucuses.

Blitzer: Indeed we, John. We are now getting in the first results from more urban areas, such as Cedar Falls and Davenport, and, as expected Senator Gillibrand's lead has grown significantly.

Blitzer: Gillibrand currently leading by eight percentage points, much more in line with how we expect her to finish tonight, but several university campuses, where she is expected to do particularly well, are still out. The most notable of these is Iowa State University, where her caucus captains have suggested she may get an outright majority of the final vote.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and this is not surprising, given Gillibrand's support in the state from both moderates like Amy Klobuchar, who are helping keep her viable where she's not outright ahead in rural areas, and progressives like Tammy Baldwin, who are, of course, helping her rack up immense margins in urban areas and on college campuses.

Blitzer: Definitely a trend to watch to see if it continues as the primaries rage on. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »

Hey, so can I play as Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer? (D)

Uhh...sorry, but it's a bit late for signups (if you look directly above your post, you'll see the ongoing Iowa caucuses). I think GoTfan's planning a game in the near future, though.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2020, 06:10:16 PM »

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're back to bring you more results from the unfolding Iowa Democratic caucuses.

Blitzer: Indeed we do, John. We are now getting in more results from across the state, including Iowa State University, and, as a result, we have a projection to make.

Blitzer: Gillibrand currently leading by a whopping seventeen percentage points, far ahead of how we expect her to finish tonight, but it is still uncertain how well she will do in what remains out, with the only large urban area not yet showing many results being Des Moines.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and this is not a surprising victory, given Gillibrand's support from I believe all three Democratic US Representatives from the state, as well as Tom Harkin, the long-serving former Senator, as well as all the time and money she spent here, 18 days since November 1 alone.

Blitzer: Definitely a hard-earned win, and so now the only question is how large Senator Gillibrand's margin of victory will be. We will be back with a better idea of that after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're back to bring you yet more results from the unfolding Iowa Democratic caucuses, which we have projected Senator Kirsten Gillibrand will be the winner.

Blitzer: Indeed we have, John. We are now getting in more results from across the state, including Des Moines, and we are getting the following results overall.

Blitzer: Gillibrand currently leading by a solid twelve percentage points, hence why we have projected the race for her. Now, of course, we expect a little more decline as the rural counties come in, but overall we expect a sizable win for the Senator here tonight.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and this is not a surprising victory, given Gillibrand's support from I believe all three Democratic US Representatives from the state, as well as Tom Harkin, the long-serving former Senator, as well as all the time and money she spent here, 18 days since November 1 alone.

Blitzer: Definitely a hard-earned win, and so now the only question is how large Senator Gillibrand's margin of victory will be, as we have stated. We will be back with the final results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2020, 07:26:46 PM »

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're back to bring you the final results from the Iowa Democratic caucuses, in which we have projected Senator Kirsten Gillibrand will be the winner.

Blitzer: Indeed we have, John. We are now getting in the last results, mostly from rural counties, which should lessen the Senator's margin some, but not enough to put her at risk of losing, or even coming close to doing so.

Blitzer: Gillibrand currently leading by a solid seven percentage points in these final results, good for an even greater margin among state delegate equivalents.

King: Indeed, Wolf, and this is not surprising, as Gillibrand's team focused on both urban and rural areas, with Senator Klobuchar pulling her weight and then some in getting rural voters out for Gillibrand and preventing other candidates from running it up out there. This means Senator Gillibrand will receive 20 delegates, Ms. Abrams will receive 13, Mr. Steyer will receive 8, and Governor Bullock will receive zero, but Governor Bullock has already stated he is laser focused on a much better showing in New Hampshire next week.

Blitzer: And that will be all for tonight. Thank you so much for joining us as we took you through the results of the Iowa Democratic caucuses, and we hope you will join us again as the race continues. Until then, I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And thanks for tuning in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2020, 07:28:11 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 07:32:39 PM by Entropy In Action »

Running Democratic delegate total (in case of emergency):

Kirsten Gillibrand - 20
Stacey Abrams - 13
Tom Steyer - 8
Steve Bullock - 0

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2020, 07:49:43 PM »

PHASE III, TURN I: THE FIRST PRIMARY

Senator Gillibrand's victory in Iowa has bolstered her already surging numbers heading into New Hampshire, but she faces two fiercely entrenched opponents in Tom Steyer and Steve Bullock, both of whom have made clear that New Hampshire is a key part of the respective strategies. Steyer has spent millions in ads in the Granite State, while Bullock has spent eight weeks on the ground since just November 1. Between them, the hold more than half a dozen endorsements from state officials, but that hasn't stopped the Senator from making a bid for the first-in-the-nation primary herself. Meanwhile, Ms. Abrams hasn't been seen in New Hampshire in months, leading many to believe she may be planning to risk a defeat there while bolstering her apparatus and campaigning in more diverse states where she can expect greater support from nonwhite voters. Only time will tell who of these four made the smartest move...

Current Polling (4-5 February 2020)

Democrats
Kirsten Gillibrand - 34%
Stacey Abrams - 28%
Tom Steyer - 25%
Steve Bullock - 9%
Others - 0%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 84%

Other/Undecided - 16%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 89%
Other/Undecided - 11%

Schedules for February 4th through 11th will be due March 10. There will be no debate this turn.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2020, 08:17:44 PM »

Tweet Profile Picture from Wikimedia Commons, Tweet from simitator.com
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2020, 08:52:03 PM »

Abrams gives speech in Des Moines

Today, presidential candidate Stacey Abrams gave a brief speech in Des Moines, Iowa after her 2nd place finish behind Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. Here are her remarks:

Hello Iowa!

Thank you so much for your help, your support, and your hard work. Tonight was not the result I had hoped for, but I still see tonight as a win. I just got off the phone with Senator Gillibrand and I congratulated her on her well-deserved victory. Senator Gillibrand and I may disagree on some very small issues, but what we do agree on is the importance of defeating Mike Pence.

Tonight was a great night for women! Never before has the top 2 performers in the Iowa caucus been women!

I also want to congratulate the 2 other great men in the race, Governor Steve Bullock and Tom Steyer. Governor Bullock has fought all of his careers for fair votes, equality, and a fair shot for all Americans. Mr. Steyer has used his personal wealth to fight for issues that are near and dear to him while in the private sector. All of these men and women would be much better Presidents than the guy in the White House right now.

I want to say a few thank you’s right now. First to our staff and our volunteers. What you did here in Iowa, and what you’ve done in New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, and beyond is making a difference. I’ve lost elections before. Whether it’s been as a candidate or as a volunteer or surrogate for someone. It hurts. It’s discouraging. But look, about 1% of the total delegates that will be awarded were given out tonight. Anything can happen.

I want to thank a few specific people on my staff. My campaign manager David Axelrod, my campaign chair and one of my best friends Symone Sanders, my communications director Brian Fallon, and my national field director Jen O’Malley-Dillon. I would be nowhere in this race if it were not for you, thank you so much.

Next, I want to thank our many surrogates. President Jimmy Carter, Congressman John Lewis, Reverend Al Sharpton, Oprah Winfrey, and Congressman Beto O’Rourke! Your support means the world to me.

This morning, I got an endorsement from a couple that I admired when I was a young girl. I wanted to be a politician the way Bill Clinton was a politician. I wanted to be a policy expert the way that Hillary Clinton was a policy expert. Hillary taught me that anything is possible. A young girl from Illinois that was raised as a Republican during the fight for civil rights can be the Democratic nominee for President. That same little girl can win the most votes in a presidential election. That little girl was about 80,000 votes away from being President of the United States of America. Hillary Clinton, you are one of my heroes and I appreciate your endorsement.

If you asked me 30 years ago, or 20 years ago, or 15 years ago, or 10 years ago, if a black woman from Atlanta, Georgia that was the former Minority Leader of the Georgia House of Representatives could get 2nd place in the Iowa caucus and be a frontrunner for President of the United States, I would call you crazy. I didn’t do this alone, though.

In the coming days, more diverse states like Nevada and South Carolina will get their say on who our nominee should be. I think our party and our ticket should reflect the United States. It pains me to be the sole person of color in the race. However, I do feel reassured that 50% of the remaining candidates are women!

Thank you, Iowa! On to New Hampshire and Nevada and South Carolina and then to Super Tuesday!

Graphic made by me
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2020, 10:23:11 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: This was not the result we wanted, but I congratulate @KirstenGillibrand for making history tonight. Together we will beat Mike Pence.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #491 on: March 08, 2020, 01:20:30 AM »

Quote from: Gov. Steve Bullock
Thank you Iowa! Though we didn't get the finish we were hoping for, I'm immensely proud of my Iowa team for the support they could get us. Now, onwards to New Hampshire!
RGM2609
« Reply #492 on: March 08, 2020, 05:30:07 AM »

Mike Pence rally - 3rd February 2020 - Warren, Michigan

A crowd of over 30.000 people was summoned by both the Michigan Republican Party and the Mike Pence campaign to attend the unofficial launch of the general election campaign. Several GOP officials from the Rust Belt held fiery speeches, attacking the Democrats and their socialist policies, such as Medicare for All, the Green New Deal or Free College for All, in an attempt to mobilize the conservative base still not keen on re-electing President Mike Pence, as well as touting his social conservative record on issues like abortion, marriage and religious liberties.  Interestingly, this surrogates did not seem to let the policies passed by the Administration stand in their way when making the case for a conservative warrior in Mike Pence, instead they picked some of them, like the tax cuts or the school choice proposals, as well as mentioning his record before the Presidency. The campaign intends to use this surrogate technique extensively in the campaign. Then, President Pence came on stage and gave an hour long speech. In it, he covered a lot of topics and campaign talking points. Here are the main themes and highlights -

1. The accomplishments of the Administration - We have done more then any other Administration in its first year, in recent history. Because of our efforts, your taxes and your family taxes are lower by a lot, centers to fight the opioid crisis are being built as we speak, our infrastructure is being rebuilt especially in poor, rural communities, women can get affordable childcare and paid family leave, lobbying is declining in Washington and your representatives are starting to listen to you again. Just imagine how much we could get done in 4 years.

2. The Democratic opposition to a lot of initiatives - The crooked Democrat Party has been fighting us all along. They were opposed, let me remind you, they were opposed to the tax cuts, and Tom Steyer even blackmailed Representatives into voting against. If they had their way, your taxes would still be very high. They were opposed to the infrastructure package, to the childcare and paid family leave bill, both things that they were criticizing the Trump Administration for not doing. They voted down the school choice bill, which is why so many of our children, especially minority ones, are trapped in falling schools, taking away their chances to prosperity and a better future. They voted down the healthcare bill, which is why now drug prices are still high and rising, and your hospital can still hide their prices from consumers. Shameful!

3. Attacks on the Democratic candidates, especially Tom Steyer - They are proposing against the most accomplished Administration in recent history the weakest field ever. Kirsten Gillibrand, who was fighting with our great Representatives while in the House to protect the Second Amendment and to stop illegal immigration, turned overnight into a socialist to keep her Senate seat. Stacey Abrams, who voted against a bill to save Georgian children from being trafficked and is too busy campaigning to do anything about the issues facing America, which is why when I invited her to the White House, she, pay attention, DECLINED! Yes, she declined to help with the opioid crisis. And the worst of all, Tom Steyer. He is a corrupt billionaire, a conman, who should be in jail not running to be President, and it will be a priority to me to see him ending up there. (Crowd chants - LOCK HIM UP)

4. Appeals to minority moderates - While the Democrat Tom Steyer was fighting against the Americans right to a decent life, I was fighting for Americans right to prosperity, especially for minorities! I fought for minority children to have a chance to build a better future for themselves by granting them the right to choose their school, I fought for minority mothers to be able to afford childcare and to have paid family leave, for minority families to have more money to invest in their plans, for minority communities to have better infrastructure. There is much more to be done, but we have started the work. This is my message to my African American, Hispanic and Asian friends and fellow citizens - this is not the GOP of the 1960s. For 50 years, the Democrat Party has done nothing for you, other than ensuring through their misguided policies that you do not enjoy the prosperity that you deserve. You need to end this at the ballot box.

5. Appeals to the Rust Belt - In 2016 you have given the swamp the biggest hit it could have imagined by electing Donald Trump and me. Now, in 2020, I am coming to you again saying - we have kept our promises to you! The swamp is reeling, our lobbying act did a lot to clear up Congress, NAFTA was reformed into a much better deal, we have canceled the unfair trade deals and organizations, our manufacturing jobs are coming back, the economy is booming, the taxes are lower for hard workers like you, the opioid crisis is being solved. I know that much more needs to be done, which is why I came here to ask you to allow me to fight for the revival of the Rust Belt for another 4 years. The alternative is returning to 2016, when the swamp was dictating your life, when politicians cared more about the welfare of China and Mexico then about USA! The choice is yours.

6. Appeals to moderate Democrats - I must speak now to the Democrats, because not all are bad, believe me, there are some great people there. Do you agree with socialism? With the government taking over healthcare, education and probably soon, the means of production? If yes, you are doing great where you are now. If not, I might suggest a different alternative. The new GOP is decided to tackle the issues facing America without killing off capitalism, the only economic system which shows that it works and is the only way to lift people out of poverty.

7. Appeals to the conservative base - I know that some conservatives plan to vote for someone else. But let me make something clear, I am a conservative to my bone. I have fought my entire life for liberty, capitalism and small government! This is my record and I am proud of it. Let us all come together, moderates and conservatives, to defeat the swamp and the hard left once and for all and solve the issues America is facing! The alternative is handing over the election to some swampist like Steyer, who wants Medicare for All, who wants government to take over everything while he and his rich friends continue to influence elections and Congress. I am here to fight for conservative values despite everything the Fake News media tells you.

Mike Pence ended his speech by saying that 2020 is an opportunity once in 100 years to make history and build a better country for our children and grandchildren with a vision focused on building real prosperity for every American.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #493 on: March 08, 2020, 12:20:29 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Iowa Victory Speech

Excerpt:
Iowa, you have made history! From Rock Rapids, to Fort Madison, Iowa has changed the landscape of this Presidential Campaign! Who would've guessed that a little girl growing up in Albany, who went on to serve in the Congress--in a district where farm animals outnumbered Democrats--and then on to the United States Senate, and now onto the White House! I'd like to thank Ms. Abrams, Governor Bullock, and Mr. Steyer on their well run campaigns here in Iowa. We won this race in Iowa, not because it was easy, but because it was hard. Iowa rewards hard work, and it is evident tonight. We won by around 7%, and about 44% of State Delegate Equivalents. This is what Brave looks like. When we see something unjust happening, we fight for it. When we see President Pence fighting to take away Healthcare of Americas, we fight back! When we see President Pence fighting to lower taxes for those who make the most, we fight back! When we see President Pence refusing to acknowledge that everyone is a human, and everyone deserves human rights, we fight back! So, President Pence, this message is for you. It starts in Iowa, but come November, the American People are going to be sending you packing, and we are going to take our country back.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #494 on: March 08, 2020, 01:52:52 PM »

Abrams Schedule before NH

February 4-6 | Nevada
February 4:
-Barnstorm Reno with Congresswoman Karen Bass and Congressman Beto O’Rourke
-Hold town hall at the University of Nevada
-Attend the opening of a temporary office in Manchester via Skype
February 5:
-Meet with local leaders with the Chair of Moms Demand Action to discuss gun violence in Las Vegas
-Roundtable with women to discuss healthcare, reproductive rights, and child care
February 6:
-Major rally in Henderson, aiming for big turnout and courting Latino voters by emphasizing immigration and education issues
-Fly to South Carolina

February 7-8 | South Carolina
February 7:
-Major rally with Congressman John Lewis and Reverend Al Sharpton in Columbia
-Barnstorm Columbia with Congressman Lewis and Reverend Sharpton
February 8:
-Hold a “Women for Stacey” rally with Oprah Winfrey and Hillary Clinton
-Tour rural areas of the state, discuss how to boost infrastructure spending, increasing the minimum wage, and closing income inequality
-Fly to New Hampshire

February 9-11 | New Hampshire
February 9:
-Barnstorm Manchester with Hillary Clinton and Beto O’Rourke
-Hold major rally with Clinton and O’Rourke, focusing on turning out women (which were 57% of the voting population in the IRL 2020 primary)
-Hold town hall at the University of New Hampshire
February 10:
-Hold round table with Bill and Hillary Clinton with seniors (people over 45 being the highest voting bloc, 65% of voters in NH were over 45)
-Major rally in Nashua
February 11:
-Shuttle voters out to the primary
-Barnstorm, doorknock, and phonebank in Concord
-Major rally in Concord with Congressman O’Rourke, Secretary Clinton, the head of the American Federation of Teachers, the NH Chair of Moms Demand Action, and President Carter
-Watch returns at local hotel, give speech at watch party in Manchester

Graphic made by me
RGM2609
« Reply #495 on: March 08, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

Entire Republican Senate Caucus announces support for the re-election of President Mike Pence, as well as the Republican National Committee and all separate Republican state parties. The GOP machine seems to be preparing to fight against whoever the Democrats nominate and the Pence campaign will try to use the endorsements to limit any lost votes to Peterson.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #496 on: March 08, 2020, 06:45:47 PM »

Bullock Schedule February 4-11
The Bullock campaign intends to make one last push before New Hampshire, where they believe the Governor has the best chance of winning or coming in a close second. All campaign staff from Iowa have been moved here, and Bullock will exclusively focus on the state leading up to February 11th.

February 4: Head to Northern New Hampshire. Make campaign stops in the small towns of Pittsburg, Errol, Berlin, Jefferson, Bartlett, and Conway. Hold a town hall in Conway.
February 5: Head to Western New Hampshire. Make campaign stops in the small towns of Woodstock, Plymouth, Tilton, Lebanon, Claremont, and Chesterfield.
February 6: Campaign in southern New Hampshire, stopping in Keene, Hillsboro, Peterborough, Amherst, Loudon, and Laconia.
February 7: Rally with Sen. Hassan and surrogates in Concord. Go door-to-door, hitting as many Concord-area residences as possible. Town hall in Concord.
February 8: Head east, stopping in Northwood, Dover, Durham, Hampton, and Exeter. Town hall in Portsmouth.
February 9: Go door-to-door in Portsmouth and the New Hampshire coast, hitting as many residences as possible. Hold town hall in Nashua.
February 10: Go door-to-door in Manchester, hitting as many residences as possible. Rally with Sen. Hassan.
February 11: Barnstorm Manchester in the morning, turning out voters. Then, head south to Nashua to campaign more and drive turnout. Watch returns with surrogates at Nashua hotel.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #497 on: March 08, 2020, 11:41:01 PM »

"Hillary"
Ad Aired in New Hampshire

Hillary Clinton appears on camera, sitting in her living room:

Hi, I’m Hillary Clinton. Over the last year, we’ve started discussing who should be our nominee to defeat President Pence. And now, New Hampshire, you get to make your decision. So here are a few things I hope you’ll think about:

First, it’s not just about Stacey Abrams’s name or Tom Steyer’s name, Kirsten Gillibrand’s name, or Steve Bullock’s name on the ballot. It’s about the kind of country we want for our children and grandchildren. In November, we’ll need a nominee who can encourage people to think about what our country will be like if we have 4 more years of Mike Pence. We need someone that can ask the question, “Is America dark and divisive or hopeful and inclusive?” Our core values are being tested in this election but everywhere Stacey goes, people are refusing to be defined by fear and division.

Look, we all know we’ve come through some really tough economic times. We’ve seen some pretty big changes. Stacey believes in our people. Stacey loves this country and she’s convinced that our best days are still ahead of us if we reach for them together. Stacey wants to be President for ALL Americans, not just those who support her. For everyone, because we all have a role to play in building a stronger, fairer and more welcoming America.

The second thing I want you to know is this: Stacey will work her heart out as president to make your life better for you and your family. She won’t always get it right, but count on this: She’s never quit, and she never will. She gets up every day determined to keep our nation stronger and safer and to make our economy work for everyone, not just the top 1%. And finally, working for children and families has been the cause of her life but has never been more important than it is right now. This has to be our mission together to give our kids and every American the chance to live up to their God-given potential. Tonight, I’m asking you to vote and support Stacey Abrams for President of the United States. We need a uniter, not a divider and someone who can win. I am on Team Stacey!

Image from Wikimedia Commons
RGM2609
« Reply #498 on: March 09, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »

Mike Pence ad - Choices, airing in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Nevada, Maine and Nebraska 2nd district

President Mike Pence is making America great again. Just in one short year, he managed to create an economic boom, to cut taxes for poor Americans in half or more, revive the failing American infrastructure, offer more opportunities to minorities, provide mothers with paid family leave and affordable childcare, start solving the opioid crisis, pass the new deal to replace the NAFTA disaster and drain the swamp in DC with heavy restrictions on lobbying. America is once again safe, prosperous and on the right track. We need to continue down this road, not go back in the past. When the Democrats were given power, they created the Obamacare disaster, managed to collapse the entire Middle East into terrorism, Iran and North Korea were rising, the economy was having its weakest recovery ever. We need to go forward. Re-elect Mike Pence and Make America Great Again.

Mike Pence - I am Mike Pence and I approve this message.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #499 on: March 09, 2020, 03:27:16 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer New Hampshire GOTV and Schedule

The Steyer campaign does not mince words, Iowa was a disaster. They expected to be competitive and they lost by 20 points. This makes New Hampshire critical for the Steyer campaign. They expect to win, but nothing short of a double digit victory will satisfy them. Failure to achieve a double digit win will result in a reevaluation of the campaign's future. This is why flights to Nevada and California were cancelled for a total focus on the Granite State. Tom is spending the entire week campaigning and trying to win over the good folks of New Hampshire on his agenda of cracking down on corruption and achieving progressive change. 

On Primary day, the entire NH surrogate team will be deployed. Senators Bennet and Warren, as well as Senator Shaheen, former Governor Lynch and Representative Moulton will be out in full force across the state in demographics suited to them. For instance Governor Lynch will appeal to centrist, older Dems who fondly remember his governorship on Tom's business experience and ability to get things done. Senator Warren will rile up progressive voters in the city. Tom is trying to build a broad coalition to win the White House. But first, he must win New Hampshire. Tom will be in Manchester on primary day to do just this.

February
February 4: Fly into Manchester, campaign with volunteers and organizers
February 5: Rile up Union Organizers, Pledge to Support Unions as President, Rally with Jeanne Shaheen
February 6: 10 County Tour in One Day: An Hour Town Hall in every county
February 7: 10 County Tour with John Lynch and Jeanne Shaheen
February 8: Major Rallies in Manchester, Concord, and Nashua
February 9: Meeting with Volunteers in Keene, knock on doors and meet and greet
February 10: Meet and Greets in Manchester, Major Rally that night with Elizabeth Warren and Seth Moulton and Jeanne Shaheen
February 11: GOTV in Manchester

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies