Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:46:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31324 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

While the Democrat Party was suddenly Big Pharma-friendly in DC after years of screaming against it, some idiotic AGs sued against my order for a border wall. They are trying to stop an action that would reduce drug abuse and crimes DRAMATICALLY, as well as keep jobs for the American workers, for some made-up, abhorrent reasons! They should go to Mexico if they love it so much, or better said, go back to Mexico! I am sure the Courts will see past this pathetic attempt to bolster name recognition by 2 triggered Democrats and follow the laws on the book!
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Holds Press Conference in El Paso
'

"I'm here at the border to call attention the inhumanities being committed by this administration. Instead of focusing on threats to our election security or fighting human trafficking, the President has decided to separate families at the border, take land from people who have lived here for generations, and waste taxpayer money on a wall. The truth that the President is afraid to admit is that border crossing is not tantamount to an increase in crime, or even undocumented immigration. As President, border crossings without documentation will be a civil offense, not a criminal one, and ICE will be entirely restructured and abolished in its current form. The American people deserve better than a wasteful wall and taxpayer-funded family separation."
RGM2609
« Reply #277 on: February 08, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2020, 06:29:49 PM by RGM2609 »

Mike Pence's campaign ad - "Produced by Johnson&Johnson" - airing nation-wide

*Images of Democrats giving angry speeches and old people counting their few pills are combined on a sad music*

Narrator: The Big Pharma has been ripping you off for years. They increased drug prices without mercy, trying to boost their profits at the expense of the sick and the poor. People are dying because of it. And the Democrats, they said they get it. They said they will fight Big Pharma and make healthcare affordable.

*An image of President Mike Pence presenting new bill on healthcare shows up*

Narrator: And then, Mike Pence proposed a bill stopping the greed of the drug companies. What did the Democrats do? They blocked it!

*Images of leading Democrats with the logos of drug companies behind them show up*

Narrator: While the Democrats always screamed about the companies and the broken health care system, they never did ANYTHING to fight them. Obamacare was written with the companies at the table, actively writing it.

*Images of the Democrats with masks put on appear on screen*

Narrator: The American people have been scammed by this politicians. They were with Big Pharma while lying to fight them. Under them, the healthcare carnage will continue, because they are not with the American people, but produced by Johnson&Johnson

Mike Pence: I'm Mike Pence, and I approve this message.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2020, 06:25:59 PM »

OOC: What were the details of Pence’s healthcare reform? I can’t seem to find anything about it.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »

Abrams tweet after national poll shows her leading narrowly

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »

OOC: What were the details of Pence’s healthcare reform? I can’t seem to find anything about it.

Pence, Murkowski and Collins announce new health care initiatives

Mike Pence, Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins worked together a package of health care reforms that they think will have a positive effect on the very high costs of medicine.

Mike Pence: "Health care is a very important issue on the minds of a lot of American people and I believe that this legislation will help very much in making health care affordable not just in name but in practice"

The pretty moderate reform package consists of:
1. A requirement to full price transparency from doctors, clinics, hospitals and other health care providers (law proposal)
2. An order to the HHS to do whatever is needed to make the process of approving generic drugs a lot faster and efficient (EO)
3. Banning the tactics of the drug companies to extend patent protection like "pay for delay" (paying generic drugmakers not to produce a drug that has come off of patent protection), "evergreening" (making a change in the original drug and call it a new drug more worthy of patent protection) and simply refusing to give samples to generic drug makers that would allow them to reverse engineer a generic copy (law proposal)
4. Allowing drugs to be imported from other countries with no regulation if they are cheaper than the drugs in the US markets (law proposal)

The Pence Administration plans to submit this proposals to the US Congress once the infrastructure bill gets voted on. A more conservative wish list of the Pence campaign for a second term was also spread around. It includes selling insurance across state lines, tax deductability of premiums, expansion of HSAs, the administration of Medicare through block grants and defunding Planned Parenthood.

This.
RGM2609
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2020, 07:05:56 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

The BIG PHARMA Party has been wrong on almost every major issue, but the minimum wage isn't one of them. If I am re-elected, I will raise the federal minimum wage to $10 an hour with the states possibly raising it higher.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2020, 07:13:52 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2020, 08:07:32 PM by Barron »

Senator Booker voted in favor of the President's recent legislation on prescription costs out of principle, but he continues to criticize the President's approach to healthcare, calling for a guaranteed health insurance program by expanding Medicare to everyone. Booker is repeating this campaign message in town halls and speeches, criticizing the private healthcare industry for corporate greed and price fixing.
RGM2609
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »

OOC: Obviously nothing changed, since it failed...
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2020, 08:02:09 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2020, 11:16:02 PM by raymundoflx »

Senator Klobuchar Unveils New Endorsements

Steve Sisolak - Governor of Nevada

Credits: Human Rights Campaign

The Democratic governor, a single father to two adult daughters, started his political career in 1998, when he was elected to serve on the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Board of Regents. Three subsequent stints on the Clark County Board of Commissioners saw him gain a reputation as a tenacious presence at public meetings, where he hasn't always shied away from loud, red-faced exchanges with a fellow commissioner, or even the county sheriff. He's also known as a formidable campaign foe, a ferocious fundraiser with a big personality and no shortage of high-powered political allies, among them former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and President Barack Obama. Governor Sisolak announced his support for Senator Amy Klobuchar after weeks of discussions with many of the candidates, stating that “Amy’s tenacious personality and her vision of a collected country among her many years of service in Washington D.C. shows she has the right ideas and character to serve as Commander-in-chief. I look forward to joining her on the campaign trail across the Silver State.”

Steven Horsford - U.S. Representative from Nevada (NV-D4)

Credits: Foxx5Veags

Steven Horsford is a businessman serving as the U.S. Representative for Nevada's 4th congressional district since 2019, previously holding the position from 2013 to 2015. A member of the Democratic Party, he served in the Nevada Senate, representing the 4th district, in Clark County, from 2005 to 2013. Horsford was the first African American to serve as Majority Leader (2009–2013) and the first African American to represent Nevada in Congress. Regarding his endorsement of Klobuchar, Horsford stated that “Amy is the strongest candidate in the field to defeat Pence demonstrating her ability to unite the country and win swing states like mine. Senator Klobuchar has also repeatedly demonstrated her devotion to communities of color, spreading her message of bringing people of all races and zipcodes together.”

League of Latin American United Citizens

Credits: The Austin Chronicle

The League of United Latin American Citizens, the largest and oldest Hispanic civil rights organization has revealed its coveted support for Senator Amy Klobuchar for President of the United States. The organization stated that “Amy has been chosen as our endorsement because of her passion and involvement in the Hispanic community fighting for health care and immigration reform, stronger hate crimes protection, improved education and the elimination of discrimination. While the Senator clearly does not share our culture, she has fiercely protected and worked on the issues that matter to Latinos across the country.”
adamevans
United States

« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2020, 08:11:00 PM »

Booker's criticizing Pence for calling out Democrats on not passing the prescription drug bill but not addressing the cost of medical bills and bankruptcies ("what changed" meaning why Pence addresses one but not the other, implying profit and corruption is what changed). None of these posts necessarily reflect my actual views because it's just a game.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »

Gillibrand Unveils New Endorsements
Credit: NARAL
NARAL is an Organization founded by women, for women. They're dedicated to ensuring that all women in the United States can maintain their right to do what they want with their bodies. After releasing her Plan for Women's Rights, Kirsten Gillibrand met with the NARAL Board of Advisers, where they spoke about Kirsten's plans for America and for women. They soon after released their endorsement of Kirsten Gillibrand, citing that she is "a dedicated and fearless leader."
Credit: IUOE Website
The IUOE Local 234 is a Labor Union ran by, and for, Operating Engineers. The 234 Local Union is located in Des Moines, Iowa. When asked why they decided to make an endorsement for President, they said, "we believe that this is the most crucial election in history. We believe that it is our civil duty to endorse Kirsten Gillibrand, for the sake of our families and our country."
Credit: Las Vegas Review-Journal
Cedric Crear is a local City Councilor from Las Vegas, representing Ward 5. Cedric grew up grew up poor, but was able to work his way into Howard University on a full ride scholarship. Cedric worked in State and Local Office before becoming a City Councilor, and has devoted his life to working hard for his children, and his country. He had this to say, "I know it probably doesn't matter much who I support outside of Las Vegas, but this election is important. It's damn important. I have always told my children that they have to lead with courage and perseverance. What kind of father would I be if I didn't go with my gut and endorse the right person for President? So, for the sake of the future, I'm endorsing Senator Kirsten Gillibrand for President of the United States."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2020, 01:06:48 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2020, 05:05:06 PM by adamevans »

(note: Booker's campaign cited scheduling conflicts again for the 1st Democratic Debate, but he hopes his first appearance here at tonight's debate will significantly boost his national profile.)

Debate Answers

Opening Statement

Thank you, Anderson. Tonight, I am on this stage on behalf of people who have sent me here which are struggling and which are questioning the decisions this President, and others in the past, have made. The major question is how do we end up in the wealthiest nation in the world and be afflicted with so many injustices that deprive working people the ability to achieve a good and meaningful life? Today, we live in an America where small businesses and manufacturers across this country have shuttered, devastating and hollowing out small communities. We live in an America where children, moms and dads are being trapped into cycles of poverty and incarceration; trapped in low-income neighborhoods and ghettos with little opportunity and little justice. We live in an America where half of our wage-earners make less than 30,000 per year, and the outrageous burden of student debt and college tuition continues to suppress the next generation of young Americans.

The question is who in the hell is making these decisions that cause these problems for so many people in the wealthiest nation in the world? How come all that new wealth flowing into our economy only comes to benefit the wealthiest among us, when working America's productivity has continued to rise? I'm here, tonight, on this stage to represent that question; because it has been made abundantly clear this President has only revolved his decisions around making sure all the new wealth falls into the top 1%. If we come together, we can take on incredibly powerful institutions that control the economic and political life of this country: the insurance companies, the drug companies, the military-industrial complex, the prison-industrial complex, the fossil fuel industry and a corrupt campaign finance system that enables billionaires to buy elections. If we stand together, if we don’t allow Pence and his friends to divide us up, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

Both you and Ms. Abrams have been endorsed by prominent members and organizations from the African-American community. What makes you think you would be the better President for black America?

I'm not on this stage to knock anyone else down, especially not Stacey Abrams, who has spent so much time and dedication towards modern-day voting rights, but I will say this. Serving a majority black city as Mayor and being raised by low-income, minority parents, I have witnessed the injustices so many in this country have faced living in ghettos, in dangerous streets, in crumbling communities, but make no mistake, these issues are not just black America issues. These are issues that are affecting all races and origins: white, black, men, women, gay, straight, immigrant, native. We are all affected when someone dies because they could not afford health insurance. We are all affected when a young adult is incarcerated for marijuana possession. We are all affected when a man or woman works 40 hours a week and lives in poverty. We are all affected when our children are shot in the streets of Detroit or when small businesses shut down in small communities. We must channel these common pains which we all share into a common purpose. When we come together and build a mass movement to guarantee healthcare to all, cancel outrageous student loan debt, eliminate egregiously high college tuition fees, ensure all men and women who work 40 hours a week earn a living wage, end the era of mass incarceration, and challenge the special interests protecting the status quo allowing these injustices to persist in the wealthiest nation in the world, it is not just communities like mine who benefit. It is all of us who benefit.

Closing Statement

One of my favorite writers growing up was a man named James Baldwin, and I remember him saying this. "You asked my father to wait, my brother to wait, my uncle to wait, how long must I wait on freedom? How long must I wait on rights and equality and liberty?", and as someone surrounded by communities carnaged by gun violence, pervaded with substandard housing, and personally affected by housing discrimination, that resonated with me because I knew my communities had been denied, and I personalized that. As I grew, though, I started to understand that it wasn't just communities like mine who had been denied. Poor white people had been denied. Women had been denied. Gays, lesbians and transgender people had been denied. Immigrant children had been denied.

Everyone outside of the special interest had been denied.

When you go to that booth next year and cast your vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is, I want you to remember the memory of this room: Black. White. Straight. Gay. Men. Women. We are together. We are united. Our time is right now. We will not wait twenty more years. We will not wait four more years. We will not wait next year, next month, next week. The time is right now to challenge the special interests that have corrupted our government originally framed to represent us. If we stand together, we will channel those common pains into our collective common purpose, we will defeat President Pence in November, and we will build a government which ensures that justice and opportunity can be achieved by everyone. Thank you.

RGM2609
« Reply #288 on: February 09, 2020, 02:18:58 AM »

Booker's criticizing Pence for calling out Democrats on not passing the prescription drug bill but not addressing the cost of medical bills and bankruptcies ("what changed" meaning why Pence addresses one but not the other, implying profit and corruption is what changed). None of these posts necessarily reflect my actual views because it's just a game.
I know, I just didn't understand the point you were trying to make
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2020, 03:43:28 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2020, 03:58:33 AM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand October Schedule
Credit to Riverfront Times

October 1st - 10th: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (x5)
- Speak at Local High School
- Door to Door with Staffers
- Speak about Lower Tuition Costs
- Put up Yard Signs with Staff
- Put up Billboards
- Design and Decorate Campaign HQ
- Interview via Skype
- Launch new Digital Ads
- Go on Local TV Show
- Fundraiser
- Voter Registration Drive
- Local Fair

Reno, Nevada
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen (x2)
- Speak about Plan for Seniors
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Door to Door with Staffers
- Launch new Digital Ads
- GOTV Efforts with Ground Team
October 11th - 31st: Iowa
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenauer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (x5)
- Door to Door with Campaign Staff
- Speak with Local Teachers
- Speak about Plan for Farmers
- Put up Yard Signs
- Fundraiser

Sioux City, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (x5)
- Meet with Local Union Members
- Speak with Seniors about Plans for Medicare for All Who Want It
- Speak about Plans for a Fair Democracy
- Put up Yard Signs
- Put up Billboards
- Fundraiser

Des Moines, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (x2)
- Fundraiser
- Speak about Plan for Prescription Drug Prices
- Attend Local Concert
- Students Round Table
- Launch "Invest in Iowa" Initative
- Launch Digital Ads
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2020, 05:58:28 AM »

Klobuchar 2020 Campaign Schedule

Credits: NBC News

May - Iowa (May 1st-20th), Nevada (21st-31st)

Throughout the month of May, Senator Amy Klobuchar focused on the states of Iowa and Nevada, spending roughly half of the month in each.The Minnesota Senator is joined in Iowa by Vice-President Joseph Biden, Representative Dave Loebsack, and Former Senator Tom Harkin as they all have all announced their support for the 2020 candidate and pledged to campaign alongside her. Senator Klobuchar revealed her massive Infrastructure Plan garnering support from officials and unions across the Hawkeye State. The Senator additionally placed much attention to the Silver State where she recently announced the endorsements of Governor Steve Sisolak, Representative Steven Horsford, and the LULAC among her already released endorsement from Senator Catherine Cortez Masto. While in the state of Nevada, Klobuchar enfocused on the Hispanic Community holding town halls moderated by UnidosUS and meeting with Latino Labor Unions. The following is a quote from the Senator while campaigning in Des Moines, Iowa:

“I've put together a plan that is paid for. It's not just a mirage. The President keeps talking about infrastructure, but he really hasn't put the money down that you'd need. I believe we can get this done, and it's my number one priority. We’re going to rebuild America's infrastructure, invest in our future, and create millions of good-paying American jobs. Our proposal does just that. It places a tight focus on the country's transportation system, which will turn into a "world-class" system that will better serve low-income communities and communities of color. It calls for the repairing and replacing of roads, highways and bridges, as well as an expansion of public transportation and the creation of high-speed rail systems. It aims to connect every American household to the internet by 2022 which will have tremendous benefits such as creating jobs, opening new economic opportunities, and allowing America to compete and succeed in an increasingly digital world. It also places an emphasis on climate change and the country's reliance on fossil fuels and investing in green infrastructure, modernizing our aging energy infrastructure and investing in renewable energy development. Our nation’s infrastructure is one of my first major policy rollout because it has been so long neglected and someone has to take the lead on infrastructure. It is something where there is common agreement, there always has been, and it's an example of something that I believe we could easily get done in the first year. I believe there is a will to get it done across the nation and I’m proud to be the first campaign to reflect that"

June - Iowa (June 1st-20th), Nevada (June 21st-30th)

Throughout the month of June, Senator Klobuchar once again split her time between Iowa and Nevada. The Minnesota Senator, continued to campaign with her Iowa and Nevada surrogates along with the opening of many new campaign offices in those two states. Klobuchar also released an ad in the Hawkeye State in light of her 99-county tour which has demonstrated to be a massive success. The Senator has also released an ad in the state in the Silver State featuring Catherine Cortez Masto, Steve Sisolak, and Steven Horsford delineating why they support her for Presidential campaign. The following is a quote from the Senator while campaigning in Cedar Rapids, Iowa:

“America needs a strong voice from the Midwest when it comes to climate change. In the Senate, I have lead the fight to combat climate change by serving on the Senate Climate Action Taskforce, I’ve fought for legislation to reduce greenhouse gases, and have led a Senate resolution recognizing that global climate change is occurring and will continue to pose ongoing risks unless we take action. I’ve authored legislation setting a national renewable electricity standard and have successfully extended renewable energy production tax credits. The first bill I ever introduced was a carbon counter bill to establish the first national greenhouse gas registry to track emissions by major industries. We can’t wait. That’s why I’m committed to taking immediate action, without Congress, to transform our energy sector, unlock scientific breakthroughs, hold the fossil fuel industry accountable, and support workers and communities that are on the front lines of the climate crisis.”

July - Iowa (July 1st-15th), Nevada (July 16th-21st), New Hampshire (July 22nd-31st)

Throughout the month of July, Senator Klobuchar continued to place much of her effort into the states of Iowa and Nevada while adding a trip to the Granite State. Senator Klobuchar shifted her attention to lowering the cost of prescription drug prices highlighting her legislation in the United States Senate with Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley among many other pieces of legislation. Among this, the Minnesota Native opened various campaign offices throughout Nevada where she has begun an intensive effort to win the second caucus of the primary. The Senator has made her first appearance in New Hampshire, meeting with various state officials and opening her first campaign office in the state. The following is a quote from Senator Klobuchar while campaigning in Reno, Nevada:

“Everywhere I go, I meet seniors who tell me about their struggles to afford everyday costs like prescription drugs or health care. I meet family members who face challenges caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s and urgent action is needed to take on these problems. I believe we owe it to our seniors to make sure they have the care and support they need as they get older, and as President I will prioritize tackling Alzheimer’s, strengthening health care and retirement security, and reducing prescription drug costs. As President,  I will continue to stand up for our seniors and the 10,000 Americans who turn 65 each day.”
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2020, 08:38:00 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Mark Levin

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin. And this is your election update.

Carlson: This week marked by endorsement fever, including a surprising one: the NRA has stated it is backing InfoWars host Alex Jones, a man written off just months ago as "a conspiracy nut," but who is now polling in double digits in the GOP primary.

Levin: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at foxnews.com.

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, Senator Rand Paul. Senator, how are you tonight?

Paul: Wonderful, Tucker. I've been looking forward to this.

Carlson: Glad to hear it, Senator. Now, you've called repeatedly for the President to abolish wasteful government agencies, often saying you would back his economic legislation if he did. Why do you think the President hasn’t taken you up on this offer?

Paul: Well, first of all, I really want to thank you for allowing me to have a platform to speak here. I truly do appreciate the honor of allowing me to speak openly and honestly to the American people without my political opponents trying to interrupt me every five second, haha. Now, as for the question, I think it's because the President doesn't really want to give me any ground to stand on. If he took my advice on these wasteful government programs being slashed, one could say he was admitting I was right to challenge him on fiscal responsibility. He doesn't want to give me legitimacy as an opponent to him, but my message is growing in support and eventually, he'll have to listen to my ideas, even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Carlson: As a certain 2016 candidate once said, "the establishment is trying to suppress me." Now, you've described the President’s attacks on you on Twitter as “rabid rants.” Does this mean you think he’s unfit to serve?

Paul: Ok, I don't even know how you can consider me saying the president should stop tweeting about his opponents every five minutes to saying he's unfit to serve. I do respect the President on a personal level, so I never attack his character or his mental state, and I made it a rule of my campaign to never do that. I was only saying that if the President wants to tweet so much, he should tweet on his policy, what he's planning to do, and to attack his opponent. Doing that wastes his time, it wastes my time, it wastes everyone's time.

Carlson: Clearly, then, merely a misunderstanding of a strongly worded statement. So, then, if you do become President, what would your first 100 days be like?

Paul: Well, I'm sure you can guess what'll come first. The very first thing I'll do is cut as many wasteful government programs as possible. There are very long, very detailed list on the internet about the tens, if not hundreds, of billions of dollars of spending we waste a year when we could cut the programs that is wasting the money and put it back into the hands of the American people. Then, I'll also pull back on the the foreign wars as, by this point, it has become clear that we're just wasting our time in these countries that don't like us. President Trump had the same message of America First in 2016, so when warmongers attack me and say I don't want to keep America safe, they should remember that the American people are sick of seeing young men and women dying in places they shouldn't be. What comes next will be me pushing for my congressional term limits amendment being passed, a decentralization of the federal government, and a work toward the end of our federal debt until we run a profit, though all this will be years down the line. So, to summarize it, this will be my first 100 days in office : Cut spending, Congressional Term Limits, end to foreign wars.

Carlson: A plan that will most likely be more successful from the Oval Office. Now, before you go, Senator, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Paul: Well, if there is anything that I want to make clear with the American people, it's this. I respect the President on a personal level. I always have and always will. It's his policies that I have some disagreement with. However, if there is a major lie spewed by a Democrat against him, I will jump to his defense and I expect my three colleagues to aid me in that endeavor. Should the President win the Republican Presidential Nomination, I will gladly endorse him and support his campaign. As for what the President said about not being willing to support me in the Senate, I think that's fine because I'm already planning on leaving the senate in 2023, by retiring. I made a term limit pledge and I am determined to see it through. Thank you for having me on.

Carlson: Senator, always a pleasure to have you with us.

Carlson: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in on Sunday for our interview with Senator Tammy Baldwin.

Carlson: Until then, I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #292 on: February 09, 2020, 11:45:09 PM »

MOMS DEMAND ACTION ENDORSE ABRAMS

Today 2020 presidential hopeful Stacey Abrams held a rally in Parkland, Florida. Her rally centered around gun violence and her plan to combat that. She also got the endorsement of Moms Demand Action, a sub-division of Everytown for Gun Safety, a group founded by former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Image from Flickr
A sample from Ms. Abrams's remarks are below:
I remember the shock and horror I felt when I heard about the shootings in El Paso, Virginia Beach, Parkland, Las Vegas, Orlando, Sandy Hook, San Bernadino, and Charleston. It's a feeling that I don't normally get. It's the feeling of losing all hope of the people in charge. It makes you want to scream "WHY!" Why would anyone want to slaughter the lives of innocent children, students, adults. I'm honored to have the support of a great group that is destined to end this endless tragedy. Since the Columbine shooting, there have been over 2,300 mass shootings in the United States. Over 8,000 have died since Columbine. This has to stop. I'm honored to stand hand and hand with Moms Demand Action in this fight to end gun violence once and for all.

A sample from the founder of Moms Demand Action, Shannon Watts also said a few words at the rally:
There's a crowded field running for President. It can be overwhelming watching this election unfold. But there's one person in this race that isn't overwhelming. Someone who is a breath of fresh air. Someone that has government experience that isn't from Washington. Stacey knows how to get things done, she is one of the few people running that I know will stop gun violence. Moms Demand Action isn't asking for much. We are asking for universal background checks, close the loopholes, pass a Red Flag Law, and reduce the stranglehold that the gun lobby has on Washington. I started Moms Demand Action in 2012 after the Sandy Hook shooting. I went on Facebook and started a group conversation with some Moms I knew. We had to stop this. So we did. If that isn't grassroots, I don't know what is! Stacey is grassroots, effective, pragmatic, and electable. Everything we need in the next President of the United States of America. Join Stacey and I and we will stop gun violence once and for all!

Image from Wikimedia Commons
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2020, 12:47:08 AM »

Tammy Baldwin September and October Schedule

Tatiana with Tammy Baldwin by Wisconsin Jobs Now, on Flickr

September:

1-4th: Michigan

- Rally in Detroit
- Speak with supporters on unions and fight for 15
- Open Detroit campaign office
- Townhall in Dearborn on the gun violence epidemic
- Rally in Dearborn on Medicare for All
- Rally in Ann Arbor on paid family leave
- Townhall in Lansing
- Rally in Lansing
- Rally in Grand Rapids on winning back the Midwest

5-7th: Virginia

- Rally in Fairfax
- Townhalls on a fairer economy across Fairfax County
- Rally in Arlington
- Rally in McClean
- Townhalls in Dumfries, Stafford, and Fredericksburg
- Rally in Richmond
- Open campaign office in Richmond

8-12th: Massachusetts

- Rally in Springfield on implementing a wealth tax
- Townhalls in Chicopee, Palmer, and Auburn
- Rally in Worchester
- Townhalls in Westborough and Framingham on strengthening unions
- Rally in Boston on fair trade deals
- Open campaign office in Boston
- Rally in Lowell

13-16th: New Hampshire

- Rally in Nashua
- Meet volunteers in Nashua campaign office
- Townhall in Londonderry
- Rally in Manchester on protecting the agricultural industry while transitioning to green energy
- Townhall in Manchester on the opioid crisis
- Townhalls in Auburn, Raymond, and Exeter
- Townhalls in Hampton and North Hampton on passing the Equality Act
- Rally in Portsmouth on a green infrastructure plan

17-21st: Maine

- Townhalls in York, Wells, and Saco on fair trade deals
- Rally in Portland on canceling student loan debt
- Rally in Portland on the benefits to the economy with fair trade deals
- Tour Portland public schools, meeting with union members
- Rally in Freeport
- Rally in Brunswick
- Open campaign office in Augusta
- Speak with Maine SEIU members in Augusta, meeting with them after

22-30th: Iowa

- Rally in Sioux City on fair trade deals
- Rally in Le Mars
- Townhalls in Cherokee, Lake View, and Fort Dodge on rooting out corruption
- Rally in Ames
- Rally in Des Moines with Cindy Axne on making college debt-free
- Tour of Des Moines public schools, meeting with teachers to talk education
- Meet with volunteers in Des Moines campaign office
- Rally in West Des Moines, pledge to make the Secretary of Education someone who has been a public school teacher
- Townhalls in Newton, Grinnell, and Williamsburg
- Meet with SEIU members in Iowa City
- Rally in Iowa City on strengthening unions
- Open campaign office in Iowa City
- Townhalls in West Branch, West Liberty, and Wilton
- Rally on passing the ERA and codifying Roe in Davenport

October:

1-5th: Colorado

- Rally in Denver on preserving national parks through environmental protections
- Townhall in Denver on the opioid epidemic
- Rally in Aurora pledging action on gun violence
- Townhalls in Westminster and Thorton
- Rally in Boulder on debt-free college and canceling student loan debt
- Speak at University of Colorado
- Townhalls in Longmont and Loveland
- Rally in Fort Collins

6-9th: Nevada

- Rally in Las Vegas on passing the DREAM Act
- Townhall in Henderson
- Rally SEIU members in Las Vegas, taking their questions and staying for photos after
- Tour Las Vegas public schools
- Hold virtual town halls on the road in between Las Vegas and Carson City
- Rally in Carson City
- Visit campaign office in Reno
- Meet with SEIU members in Reno
- Rally in Reno

10-12th: California

- Rally in Roseville
- Rally in Sacramento on criminal justice reform
- Town halls in Vacaville, Davis, and Fairfield on immigration reform
- Rally in Berkeley at University of California on canceling student loan debt and making college tuition completely free
- Rally in San Francisco

13-16th: Minnesota

- Rally in Duluth on fair trade
- Townhall in Duluth
- Open campaign office in Duluth
- Virtual town hall on the road from Duluth to the Twin Cities
- Tour of Minneapolis public schools
- Rally in Minneapolis
- Meet with leaders of the SEIU and members in Minneapolis
- Rally in St Paul
- Meet with SEIU Healthcare members on the details of a transition to Medicare for All
- Rally in Woodbury
- Rally in Rochester

17-23rd: South Carolina

- Rally in Charleston on the fight for 15
- Tour North Charleston public schools
- Rally in North Charleston
- Speak at College of Charleston on canceling student loan debt
- Townhalls in Goose Creek and Summerville
- Meet with volunteers in Charleston office
- Townhalls in St. George, Santee, and Manning
- Rally in Florence
- Townhalls in Bishopville, Camden, and Elgin
- Rally at the University of South Carolina in Columbia on making college tuition-free
- Open campaign office in Columbia
- Rally in Columbia on making the wealthy pay their fair share with a wealth tax
- Tour Columbia public schools
- Rally at Allen University
- Townhalls in Lexington, Batesburg-Leesville, and Monetta
- Rally in North Augusta

24-31st: Georgia

- Rally in Augusta
- Open campaign office in Augusta
- Townhalls in Grovetown, Thomson, and Warrenton
- Townhalls in Greensboro, Madison, and Covington
- Rally in Atlanta on addressing gun violence
- Rally in Atlanta on fighting voter suppression
- Speak at the University of Georgia on the benefits of free college
- Rally at Atlanta University Center
- Townhalls in College Park, McDonough, and Forsyth
- Rally in Macon on the benefits of a green infrastructure bill
- Townhall in Macon on fair trade
- Tour Macon public schools
- Speak at Mercer University
- Rally in Warner Robins
RGM2609
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2020, 06:41:47 AM »

President Pence's starting points in childcare affordability and paid family leave reforms were leaked

A fact sheet worked by the Pence Administration related to the planned childcare affordability and paid family leave reforms was leaked to the press today. Here are the main points of the 25-page document:

1. Pass a child care and elder care tax deduction (main point of the plan but not yet clear whether it will be included in this reform package or in the tax reform 3.0): The deduction will exclude child care costs from income tax for kids up to the age of 13, will include parents, foster parents and adoptive parents and will cover up to 4 children per family. The exclusion will apply to all different kinds of childcare, but limited to the average cost of child care in the state of residence. Similarly, there will be a deduction for elder care of up to $5000 per year, but limited to only those who need it to stay in the workforce, and cover costs of home care or adult day care. For those not paying income tax due to their very low income, President Pence plans to raise the Earned Income Tax Credit for those who have costs of child care and elder care and don't pay income tax. The credit boost will be half of the payroll tax paid by the lowest earning parent.

2. Create child care savings accounts: This will provide Americans with the option of creating child care saving accounts. Annual contributions to a dependent care savings account and earnings on the account will not be subject to tax. Immediate family members and employers will also be able to set aside funds in these accounts, which will be established for the benefit of specific individuals, including unborn children. Total contributions could not exceed $2,000 per year from all sources, but balances in a DCSA will rollover from year-to-year so that substantial amounts could be accumulated over a period of years. When established for a child, parents can use the accumulated funds to enroll their kids in a school of their choice or for other enrichment activities that prepare them for their future. Funds remaining in the account when the child reaches 18 can be used for higher education expenses. To encourage low-income families to establish DCSAs for their children, the government will provide a 50 percent match on parental contributions of up to $1,000 per year. That’s an extra $500 per child for families that qualify. When established for an elderly dependent, the funds can be used for adult day care, in-home or longterm care services.

3. Create a new market for family and community-based solutions: The plan will reduce regulations that disproportionately favor center-based care to create a new, dynamic market for family-based and community-based solutions. Families will be given the power and information to choose who will be providing care and where that care will be provided without fear of loss of government benefits. The marketplace will be free to develop alternatives that provide care where needed, and at the times when people who work irregular hours need care. In addition, informal networks of friends and relatives are an important source of childcare. The costs of such care will be excluded from tax under the plan if allowed by the state.

4. Incentivize employers to offer child care at the workplace: The plan will incentivize employers to provide childcare at the workplace by making the existing tax credit for employer-based childcare facilities more effective, and will allow the same income tax exclusion allowed to individuals to businesses that contribute to an employees’ cost of childcare.

5. Provide 6 weeks of maternity leave to new mothers: The plan will enhance Unemployment Insurance (UI) to include 6 weeks of paid leave for new mothers so that they can take time off of work after having a baby. This would triple the average 2 weeks of paid leave received by new mothers.

This plan was not officially endorsed by the Administration but it seems to be the leading option. The Press Secretary admitted that this is under consideration.

President Mike Pence confirmed today that his Administration is officially proposing this plan to Congress, as Ivanka Trump seems unable to meet with him.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »

Bullock Debate Answers
Opening: Hello, Michigan! It’s great to be here in Detroit tonight, and I’d like to offer another thanks to CNN and Anderson for hosting this event. It is highly appropriate that this is where our debate is taking place. Michigan will be a critical swing state in 2020, but more importantly, the people of Michigan and similar states deserve to be heard. The Republican governments of Rick Snyder, Scott Walker, and others, have failed the Rust Belt. As other parts of America modernize and grow, the Midwest’s economic and population growth have stalled as factories shutter and middle-class Americans find themselves out of work. Instead of listening to their plight and taking actions, our politicians have turned a blind eye, and have allowed travesties like the Flint water crisis in 2014 to inflict even more suffering on those already on the margins. Desperate, these voters turned to Trump’s siren song and handed the Rust Belt to the Republican Party - and it’s critical that we Democrats win them back in 2020. The Trump and Pence administrations, like those before them, have done nothing for the working class. In 2017, they tried to rob millions of their healthcare coverage, and they would have given the rich the same cut as the poor in their 2019 tax plan unless the outcry from my office and others had not forced them to reconsider. Republicans in Congress have been complacent with their so-called leaders, and politicians like McConnell and McCarthy have suppressed all of our attempts for reform. I ran for President to change this dynamic and turn the focus in Washington from petty partisan conflicts to a focus on meaningful reform and change. Instead of picking fights with Republican leaders, I’ll extend an olive branch and offer to work together to pass much-needed healthcare reforms, a comprehensive plan to combat climate change, a gun control code that’ll stop the plague of school shootings that has perpetuated a state of fear across our nation, as well as other legislation both sides are willing to back. It’s critical for people in Michigan and America that we get things done in Washington, and I believe I am the candidate that can facilitate these changes.
Question: Despite the terrible tragedies that have occurred across the nation over the last decade we haven’t seen any serious gun control initiatives. Why is this? NRA-funded politicians in the Republican-controlled Congress and White House have made the passage of such legislation effectively impossible. The situation has been worsened by the widening partisan divide that has made voting with the opposite party an act subject to retribution. There are two reasons why I think my presidency will be different. Firstly, I am confident that Americans who want REAL progress in Washington will lift Democratic congressional candidates to victory in 2020, allowing candidates free from NRA influence to take majorities in both houses. In this environment, Congress will be much more conducive and motivated to pursue gun control. Secondly, I intend to pressure Republicans to back this measure instead of merely acting as puppets of the NRA. But, instead of tuning them out entirely, I’ll listen to their critiques and proposals so a bipartisan act truly representative of the will of the people can reach my desk for a signature. Also, I’d like to mention that as Governor of Montana, I convinced Republican members of the legislature to vote for Medicare expansion. I don’t think anyone else on this stage can make the claim that they passed liberal agenda by building relationships with GOP representatives.
Closing: Before I close, I’d like to note that everyone on this stage is united by a singular goal - ensuring the defeat of Mike Pence and the GOP on Election Day 2020 as well as retaking the Senate and holding the House. This is no small undertaking - rich financiers are determined to keep the White House in their hands, and corrupt organizations like the NRA will join them in flooding the election with dirty money. To win, we need to forgo corporate money, go directly to the people, and run a campaign that reaches and unites all Americans. Simply pouring money into a campaign without a message and hoping that the sheer volume of coverage will sway voters is not the way to go. But, experience is also important. We need a candidate that has served in an executive position before, and who has won difficult elections. A candidate may have an attractive message, but they don’t have what it takes to win in 2020 if they haven’t won a competitive election before. I believe I’m the candidate that has both experience and a winning record in elections. I served Montana for 12 years as attorney general and governor, and I won three consecutive elections in a state that voted for Trump by 20 points. I’m also the only person on this stage who has led a state before. Tonight, I urge Democrats to consider which candidate will best be able to unite the country behind a liberal ticket and lead the party to decisive victories next November. I’d like to offer another thank you to our gracious hosts, Detroit and CNN, and I hope to continue working with you to end the malaise of hyperpartisanship plaguing our nation.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2020, 05:40:20 PM »

Klobuchar 2020 Schedule

Credits: Flickr

August - Iowa (August 1st-31st)

Throughout the month of August, Senator Klobuchar devoted her entire efforts to the Hawkeye State announcing another tour with surrogates Joseph Biden,  Congressman Dave Loebsack, and Former Senator Tom Harkin. The Minnesota Senator continues her massive push in the state after multiple polls showed her in the lead  or tied for first in the state along with a handful of influential Iowa endorsements. Senator Klobuchar shifted her policy to healthcare as she reveals her plan to build off of the Affordable Care Act and the legislation she has proposed in the United States Senate regarding prescription drug prices.

September - Iowa (Septemeber 1st-6th) & Nevada (September 7th-18th) & South Carolina (September 19th-31st)

Throughout the month of September, Senator Klobuchar divided her efforts between the Hawkeye, Palmetto, and Silver State as the first and the latter seem to be the largest areas of attention from her Presidential Campaign. The Senator revealed her immigration plan and discussed how she would go about protecting and fighting for DACA recipients. Among this, she discussed the horrific conditions at the detention sites near the border, stating that America’s morality and world-wide perception needs to be restored, we are not a country that will permit this cruel treatment. The following is a quote from Senator Klobuchar while campaigning in Las Vegas, Nevada:

“One last obstacle which we must overcome to move forward together is that of stopping the fear-mongering and stopping the hate. We may come from different places. We may pray in different ways. We may look different. And love different. But we all live in the same country of shared dreams. In Minnesota we have the biggest Somali population in the country. And we’re very proud of that community. A few years ago at the height of the angry rhetoric, a Somali-American family of four went out to dinner. This guy walked by, looked down at them and said “you four go home. Go home to where you came from.” And the little girl looks up at her mom and said “Mom, I don’t want to go home. You said we could eat out tonight. I don’t want to eat dinner at home.” Think of the innocence of that little girl. She didn’t even know what he was talking about. Because she only knows one home. And that home is our state. She only knows one home, and that home, that home is the United States of America.”

October - Nevada (October 1st-15th) & New Hampshire (October 16th-31st)

Throughout the month of October, Senator Klobuchar halted her Iowa push instead focusing on the Silver and Granite States. The Senator continued a batch of town halls hosted by UnidosUS and other Latino Civil Rights Organizations. While in New Hampshire, the Senator discussed the growing income inequality among equal pay in the workplace between genders and races. Mrs. Klobuchar also met with many labor unions across the two states and joined workers in striking for a $15 minimum wage. The following is a quote from Senator Klobuchar while campaigning in Concord, New Hampshire:

“I stand strongly with you in your fight for $15. We must ensure that every American, no matter their color or gender, has the ability to provide for themselves and for their families. The current federal minimum wage is grossly negligent of that so that’s why I’m proud to join my colleague Senator Cory Booker, in making the Living Wage Pledge. It’s time for the United States to stand firm behind it’s promise of guaranteed prosperity and happiness as well as  reaffirm our commitment to abolish all poverty from the single greatest developed nation in the world. We can do this, I’m with you in this fight”
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2020, 07:11:22 PM »

Jim Jordan's presidential announcement speech in Urbana, Ohio

My fellow Americans, we're living a time of prosperity : 7 million new jobs created, an unemployment rate at its lowest rate in 5 decades, secured borders and strong progress against terrorism. Now what needs to be done to accomplish our path to permanent economic prosperity is to reduce government spending to balance our budget and bring our deficit under control. But too many politicians have failed to do so and even to make it their top priority. But that's what I'm going to do by stopping wasteful spending, vetoing earmarks and trust the private sector to settle our problems and I'm running for President to accomplish that crusade. Thank you, God bless you and God bless America.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2020, 09:23:47 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2020, 06:35:59 PM by adamevans »

(source hyperlinked)
Cory's Spring Schedule

Campaign Constants
Always periodically travel to local campaign HQs & meet staff, emphasize crucial campaign volunteering
Always meet with campaign officials & discuss strategy, fundraising, grassroots, social media
Always visit with local Democratic, non-partisan groups, political groups, local leaders, emphasize campaign message
Always talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is
Always periodically hold interviews with local radio stations and newspapers, emphasize campaign message

Texas (Mar. 1 - 7)
Hold campaign rallies in Houston, San Antonio and Arlington
In Houston: emphasize police reform, housing expansion, taking on big money
Tour colleges and universities, hold Q&As and town halls discussing debt, tuition
Deliver major immigration policy speech in border city
Applaud recent actions to challenge border wall in court

Unveil plan for fair, compassioniate and humanitarian immigration reform:
1) Immediately reinstate DACA for 1.8 million young people currently eligible for the program.
2) Expand DACA to all who came to the United States under 18 and remove arbitrary cut off dates.
3) Enact a swift, fair pathway to citizenship for the 11 million unauthorized immigrants working in America today
4) Ensure justice and due process for immigrants in court, including the right to counsel and an end to cash bail.
5) Ensure all children who were separated from their families by the U.S government are reunited swiftly.
6) End President Pence's  “zero-tolerance” policy and Operation Streamline

South Carolina (Mar. 8 - 23)
Hold campaign rallies in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg, Anderson
In Charleston: emphasize rebuilding urban America, eliminating college tuition fees, police reform
Launch barnstorm campaign across rural South Carolina, strengthening support among senior African-Americans
Emphasize increasing social security benefits and expanding Medicare benefits to dental and vision to seniors
Tour across universities and colleges, meeting with students and discussing college debt and tuition
Deliver policy speech on campaign finance reform and the importance of running a "grassroots" campaign
Receive endorsement from Joe Cunningham in major Charleston rally

"If we claim to be the wealthiest country in the world, why is our economy plagued with so many illnesses? Why are so many afflicted with dead-end jobs and starvation wages? Why does our life expectancy continue to decline? Why do so many of the next generation reach less success than their parents? So many questions, yet so little answers from the people leading this nation. As Martin Luther King Jr. espoused more than a half-century ago, 'there is nothing new about poverty. What is new is that we now have the techniques and the resource to get rid of poverty.'"

New Hampshire (Mar. 24 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Keene, Nashua and Portsmouth
Visit local working moms in town halls to discuss childcare, healthcare
Deliver major policy speech discussing climate change
Meet with college students in round-table discussions about debt, tuition

South Carolina pt.1 (Apr. 1 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Charleston (4), Columbia (4), Greenville (3), Florence (2), Spartanburg (2)
Tour local churches in town halls and Q&As, emphasize MLK Jr's economic justice message
Visit inner-city schools and housing units, highlight affordable housing & public school reinvestment
Travel to majority-black small towns, visit black moms, stress universal childcare & child tax credit expansion
Tout record revitalizing Newark in inner-city town halls and campaigning

"The United States, as the wealthiest country in history, should have the best education system in the world. Today, in a highly competitive global economy, if we are going to have the kind of standard of living that the people of this country deserve, we need to have the best educated workforce. But let me be very honest with you, and tell you that, sadly, that is not the case today."

South Carolina pt.2 (May 1 - 31)
Hold campaign rallies in Charleston (2), Columbia (4), Greenville (4), Myrtle Beach (2), Spartanburg (2)
Visit teachers in inner-city schools, discussing public education reinvestment and teacher pay raise
Host town halls and Q&As in inner-cities, emphasizing message of urban revitalization
Meet with working families forced to file bankruptcy over medical bills and insurance costs
Tour across housing units in inner-cities, meeting tenants, stressing housing for all
Roll out "Affordable Housing for All" plan in major policy speech surrounded by tenants

Cory Booker's Affordable Housing for All Plan:
1) Invest $148 billion annually constructing affordable housing units over the next decade.
2) Repeal the Faircloth Amendment to allow the construction of new public housing units
3) Fully fund tenant-based Section 8 rental assistance at $410 billion over the next decade
4) End exclusionary and restrictive zoning ordinances, including incentives to repeal zoning laws
5) Implement a “just-cause” requirement for evictions

"For more than 40 years, we have had an affordable housing crisis in America that has only gotten worse. How are families in America supposed to pay for food, transportation, health care, prescription drugs, education, and childcare when over half of their income is going to pay the rent or the mortgage? The sad and painful reality is that many of them cannot, and millions of Americans are going deeply into debt just to make ends meet."

Iowa (June 1 - 9)
Hold campaign rallies in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and Dubuque
Visit factories, farms, college campuses, emphasize economic justice message
Host town halls and Q&As at college campuses, discussing college debt, tuition
Deliver policy speech on local agricultural markets and breaking agricultural monopolies

Senate Duties (June 10 - 20)
Travel to Washington D.C

Campaign Messaging
- Ditch any previous "identity politics" messaging for an all-encompassing, anti-status quo campaign
- Hammer away on Cory's message of economic justice and open opportunity for all.
- Grow base among African-American women and, especially, African-American youth.
- Present Booker as the candidate of MLK's dream message.
- Increase focus on issues affecting youth: college cost, minimum wage, healthcare
- Use social media to build the campaign and reach out to young people.
- Present Booker as the candidate of "forgotten America" and the 99%.
- Tout successful record as 'superstar mayor.'
- For other references, read Cory's debate answers.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2020, 12:00:36 PM by Entropy In Action »

Phase II, Turn I: November 2019

As Iowa approaches, the campaigns kick into high gear, with the Democrats determined to break out of the pileup their primary is threatening to become. Meanwhile, President Pence, despite having bested the two Senators who challenged him for the nomination, finds himself on increasingly unsteady ground, with both Ivanka Trump and Alex Jones surging heading into the penultimate month of 2019. However, with a childcare reform vote on the horizon, he is likely hoping to attain a significant win in November which will carry him to outright victory in February and beyond.

Current polling:
Same as it was Saturday (post-Saturday schedules haven't been factored in yet)

RCP Averages of 2019 Gubernatorial Elections

KY-GOV:
Andy Beshear - 48.0%
Matt Bevin (I) - 47.2%

MS-GOV:
Tate Reeves - 50.3%
Jim Hood - 45.0%

LA-GOV:
John Bel Edwards (I) - 49.6%
Ralph Abraham - 48.7%

All November schedules will be due Feb. 17; there will not be a debate this turn (current debate is due Feb. 12).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies