Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash (pg 2 - all 9 onboard dead)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:35:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash (pg 2 - all 9 onboard dead)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash (pg 2 - all 9 onboard dead)  (Read 3021 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 05:56:07 PM »

Words can’t even describe how sad this is .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 05:56:48 PM »

Got to see this : https://youtu.be/wV9CMVdY3dM
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2020, 06:20:05 PM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2020, 06:22:33 PM »

Trump should fly flag at half staff for this man, he was a national icon.
Hollywood
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »

I love that both teams took a "24" second shot clock violation in the Pelicans/Celtics game.  Very clever way to honor the man. 
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2020, 06:36:49 PM »

I love that both teams took a "24" second shot clock violation in the Pelicans/Celtics game.  Very clever way to honor the man. 
Agreed.

Thus far, every NBA team to play today has done it, and I hope the remaining teams all will. This has been a terrible tragedy, for both the Bryant family and the basketball world.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 06:51:31 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2020, 07:02:33 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »

Really sad day. 

Lebron just passed Kobe Bryant on the scoring list yesterday in Philadelphia.  It's now a bittersweet accomplishment.
Yeah, Bryant's last tweet was about James too Sad
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »

The reason its so hard to describe how sad it is , is because it feels like a piece of my childhood has died.

As a diehard Blazers fan , I hated Kobe for years but always had the utmost respect for him and whenever I used to play basketball with my friends, whenever someone made a great shot we would always compare that player to Kobe.

Today I have been watching some of his highlights from many of his games: From games from that 40 points steak to his 62 points in 3 quarters, to his 81 points to his 09 finals highlights.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »

Devastating. There just is nothing to say but I am praying for his family, and pains me so much that he and his daughter were taken way too early from this world. It is so hard to believe that tomorrow and every day thereafter we will all have to wake up in a world without Kobe.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 08:39:16 PM by YE »

jesus christ shut the  up you
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »

I've never been one for basketball or sports in general, but I know that Kobe was not just a big name but an inspiration for many people, and the loss of his daughter in this terrible crash makes this all the more tragic.

RIP.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2020, 08:21:38 PM »

Glad I got to see Kobe play once (at a Blazers vs Lakers game during his last season). These 2 guys in my row were cussing him out the whole time. Wonder how they feel now.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2020, 09:06:55 PM »

Very sad.  He was just 41 years old, and his 13 year old daughter died with him.

Hebrews 9:27-28 King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

James 4:14 King James Version (KJV)

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

These were two (2) young people whose death was totally unexpected and not predictable.  It was a shock that it happened so young, but it WILL happen to all of us. 

The question is:  Where will you spend Eternity?  "Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law, having been made a Curse for us."  Your forgiveness from Sin has been paid for by His suffering; He has atoned for each one of us.  "He that believeth on Him shall not perish, but have Everlasting Life."  You have until the last vapor of your life to give your life to Him, but you don't know the dime and date of you appointment with death.  I plead with all of you reading this to secure your place in Heaven before it is too late. 

SALVATION PRAYER
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. AMEN.

I hope Kobe Bryant and his daughter believed upon Him during their lifetimes.  For better or worse, nothing can be done from them now.  I post this because I care deeply about each person on this Forum and where they will spend Eternity.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2020, 09:07:37 PM »

Glad I got to see Kobe play once (at a Blazers vs Lakers game during his last season). These 2 guys in my row were cussing him out the whole time. Wonder how they feel now.

Well, I really wasn't a big fan of his, especially over his last few seasons when he was a rather inefficient selfish player (I'm not one to get so wound up over sports to cuss out any player), but I'm sure even his greatest detractors view it as a tragedy made even greater by the death of his daughter and others. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2020, 09:23:02 PM »

I am sure they are just as sad as well all are. Back during the Peak of Kobe's career , I went to a few Blazers-Lakers Games and we booed and heckled Kobe all game but we still respected him a lot
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2020, 09:23:21 PM »

Huge loss.

RIP to his daughter, the pilot, and the other people on the plane. This is gut wrenching.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2020, 09:26:29 PM »

go here.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=356254.0
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2020, 09:38:46 PM »

RIP Sad
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2020, 10:00:45 PM »

As I have learned with my recent tragedy in 2015, a passing is also a remembrance of the deceased life, Kobe would've want us to remember him, not just weep him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2020, 10:08:52 PM »

RIP. Way too young.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2020, 10:30:50 PM »

Very sad.  He was just 41 years old, and his 13 year old daughter died with him.

Hebrews 9:27-28 King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

James 4:14 King James Version (KJV)

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

These were two (2) young people whose death was totally unexpected and not predictable.  It was a shock that it happened so young, but it WILL happen to all of us.

The question is:  Where will you spend Eternity?  "Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law, having been made a Curse for us."  Your forgiveness from Sin has been paid for by His suffering; He has atoned for each one of us.  "He that believeth on Him shall not perish, but have Everlasting Life."  You have until the last vapor of your life to give your life to Him, but you don't know the dime and date of you appointment with death.  I plead with all of you reading this to secure your place in Heaven before it is too late.

SALVATION PRAYER
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. AMEN.

I hope Kobe Bryant and his daughter believed upon Him during their lifetimes.  For better or worse, nothing can be done from them now.  I post this because I care deeply about each person on this Forum and where they will spend Eternity.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2020, 10:45:24 PM »

Finally something we can all agree on...  Tongue
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2020, 11:08:30 PM »

I'm not a huge basketball fan and a lot of what I knew about Kobe had, unfortunately, to do with the events of 2003, but I had heard more recently that he turned his life around and was a role model and inspiration to a ton of people. What a horrible loss.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies