Coronavirus & 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 03:13:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Coronavirus & 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: Coronavirus & 2020  (Read 10953 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2020, 07:17:21 PM »

They're not talking about it in this forum because there's already an active thread in USGD: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=355597.0.
Oh, I see.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »

Well when it comes to the candidates talking about it, Bloomberg did. Biden and Sanders should definitely discuss it more though.

Even better, I think that this would be a great opportunity for the candidates to unveil or draw attention to a national paid leave plan. Think about how many people get sick because they find themselves choosing to work over taking a day off and not infecting other people. That sort of prevalent behavior is bad for the health of workers and their co-workers as well. I could see this becoming a very popular proposal in the midst of this health crisis.

I also welcome more general vilification of the Trump administration's incompetence in handling the outbreak of course.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2020, 09:46:54 PM »

Just wait until it affects the homeless and the uninsured. Neoliberals have no solutions for that.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2020, 09:51:20 PM »

Because Democrats are dumb. Biden and Bernie should be hitting on this outbreak every rally they make. America will suffer far more from Covid due to our crap healthcare system and our awful leaders. At this point, we are poised to be worse than China.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »

Large rallies will be gone. The huge area rallies that Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders hosted in 2016 aren't going to happen in the GE this year.

This is obviously going to hurt Trump. Big rallies were his stable in 2016, and was his way of differentiating himself from Clinton in terms of momentum. With that gone, he will be reduced to Biden's level with smaller events.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2020, 08:05:46 PM »

Stop. You, me and everyone has no idea what the effect this will have and if the virus will die down soon.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2020, 08:27:37 PM »

Do you really think that Trump cares about the health and safety of his supporters? I don't think they even care, they'll still line up around the corner in order to see the living embodiment of their id babble about whatever meandering thoughts he has, and in turn Trump will keep holding rallies for that reason. It's symbiosis.
538Electoral

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2020, 08:31:01 PM »

No effect.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2020, 08:39:24 PM »

There's, what, a 15% chance of dying for a patient in his 70s? That sounds like a potentially huge impact on the nominees.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2020, 09:14:50 PM »

No one will have rallies on the west coast anyway.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2020, 09:29:29 PM »

I'm gonna megathread all the coronavirus topics. Can someone do me a small favor and use the search function to link me all the threads on this board we have regarding the wuhan coronavirus? Thanks.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2020, 09:57:14 PM »

Do you really think that Trump cares about the health and safety of his supporters? I don't think they even care, they'll still line up around the corner in order to see the living embodiment of their id babble about whatever meandering thoughts he has, and in turn Trump will keep holding rallies for that reason. It's symbiosis.

I know a couple of Trump supporters who think the virus is no big deal ("not as bad as the flu" one told me today) because that's what they pick up from Trump and Facebook.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2020, 09:58:14 PM »

Trump convinces the dumbs**t American public that it's a Chinese hoax. That's the impact.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2020, 10:06:07 PM »

Let's say the virus recedes in the summer and then returns in October. Turnout will plummet, and the results could be heavily influenced by which areas have better voting infrastructure or have been less hard hit, or have mail in voting.

Then, if it's anything like the clusterf**k that this century has been so far, Congress will pass the Help America Vote Act 2.0 which institutes Internet voting that is subsequently hacked at some point in the 2020s or 2030s.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2020, 10:31:52 PM »

Call me crazy but it’s possible hundreds of thousands or millions of Americans die (mainly elderly) and the healthcare system is shot up and unable to hold. Trump increasingly bungles his response and Pence....well check his Indiana record. Democrats win by a landslide in the presidency and house and may even steal the senate if it gets really bad. The cost is high and Americans are outraged.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2020, 02:40:11 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2020, 02:44:08 AM by eric82oslo »

To tell Trump that he can't hold rallies is like telling him that he can't treat USA like a banana republic. He won't care, even if he ends up being infected himself. The only thing that can keep Donald Banana Trump away from holding rallies is if he somehow ends up dying during the campaign.

We should all be rooting for the virus, cause it's great for the environment and democracy, the two by extremely far most important values throughout human existence. Anyone who argues against are either a moron or named Donald B. Trump.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2020, 02:46:39 AM »

There's, what, a 15% chance of dying for a patient in his 70s? That sounds like a potentially huge impact on the nominees.

And with Trump's extremely bad health, only having eaten hamburgers during his entire adulthood and not even one single vegetable, the chance of him dying from the virus would easily far exceed 50%.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2020, 02:51:05 AM »

Let's say the virus recedes in the summer and then returns in October. Turnout will plummet, and the results could be heavily influenced by which areas have better voting infrastructure or have been less hard hit, or have mail in voting.

Who would benefit the most from that?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2020, 08:23:17 AM by YE »

Why would something that is basically no more harmful than the common cold and that can easily be cured with a flu shot, so harmless that anyone suffering from it should feel more than comfortable going to work with it and that the government will have a totally effective vaccine completely taking care of it any day now, be a concern to any Trump supporters?

After all, that is exactly what Der Fuhrer has said about it.

Unless, of course, you are suggesting that Trump could possibly have... LIED about something?HuhHuh

NO!!!!

Impossible!

Serious:

I have NEVER understood how retarded one would have to be to support Trump in the past.

I do NOT understand how retarded one would have to be to support him now.

And I DEFINITELY will not understand how retarded one would have to be to support him when they are literally dying of a global pandemic after our government's response was neutered by CDC budget cuts and Mike "God Will Take Care of It All" Pence, and Trump demonstrably lied about the cause and effect of the virus from the beginning.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2020, 09:28:59 AM »

Call me crazy but it’s possible hundreds of thousands or millions of Americans die (mainly elderly) and the healthcare system is shot up and unable to hold. Trump increasingly bungles his response and Pence....well check his Indiana record. Democrats win by a landslide in the presidency and house and may even steal the senate if it gets really bad. The cost is high and Americans are outraged.

This is an interesting, and favorable scenario. Trump loses in a landslide and gets royally kicked out of the WH, the landslide is attributed to him and his administration, not the GOP. It leaves 2024 open.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2020, 11:18:45 AM »

It puts the good news about the economy on the back burner. By, the tourism industry taking a hit on tourism due to the virus. The tourist industry is the economy as well, if they sustain losses, as well as the airlines, then the jobs report, and improving economy wont matter.

Airlines and Cruises are taking a hit, they are slashing prices to half off, a Cruise for 2K is 800 and airlines from 500 round trip to 200
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »

I'm actually worried about the two remaining candidates because they're in their 70s. Uncle Joe and Bernie, please stay safe.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2020, 04:50:56 PM »

Fear of getting infected at the polling places will lead to lower turnout, and lower turnout helps Republicans. What do you guys think?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2020, 04:52:51 PM »

lol
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »

Okay, I have serious doubts that we beat Trump in the end, but COVID-19 is becoming more and more of a disaster for him. If we lose, it'll be in spite of his cartoonishly craptastic response to the virus.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies