Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:59:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should be the news source for election updates/primary results?
CNN

FOX

NBC

CBS

Alternate among them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread  (Read 7770 times)
RGM2609
« on: January 25, 2020, 02:06:35 PM »

Mike Pence for me please
RGM2609
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:42:49 AM »

President Mike Pence's announcement speech in Le Mars, Iowa (February 1st, 2019)
Hello, Le Mars! Hello, Iowa! Hello, America!

I must say that this is one of the most important days in my lifetime, and I decided that, unlike many other candidates who went to large, liberal cities to announce their presidential ambitions, I want to do it here. Because this is the part of the country that I feel part of: the beautiful rural communities, the small towns, the families that fight and pray everyday for a better life for them and more importantly their children. And to you, I say this: I hear you, I respect you, I admire you and I will do everything in my power to help you. And the fact that such people came here to listen to me and talk to me means to me more than a large, grandios rally could ever mean.

Now, in 2016 I had the honor and privilege to be picked by Donald Trump himself to serve as his Vice President. I knew from the start that the campaign won't be easy, that Crooked Hillary Clinton would do anything in order to win, but nevertheless I accepted to join President Trump in this great battle, because I believed in him and in his vision for our country, After we defied all odds and won the Presidency despite having all the political establishment against us, we started to Make America Great Again day by day, bit by bit. And the results speak for themselves. The economy is booming, wages are going up for people like you and you and you (points to random people in the crowd), unemployment is at historic lows. We passed the greatest tax cuts since President Reagan, cuts that we needed so much, we started making trade deals fair, we slowed down illegal immigration and deported criminals, we passed VA choice, we drastically cut unnecessary regulations. It is one of my biggest regrets that President Trump, who will be remembered as one of the greatest in history, couldn't continue carrying out his plans and accomplish everything that he wanted to. And that's why I am here. I was the one that President Trump trusted to keep making America great if any unfortunate event happened to him. And I am running to do just that.

I am disappointed to see that many in our great party allow their ambition to damage party unity and are opposing us instead of joining this new Administration in fighting to pass a conservative agenda and keeping the pledges we made to the people in 2016 and 2018. However, I will not relent and I will continue the fight because I've got you, the American people, on my side. I am running to pass more tax cuts for the middle class, continue balancing the trade deals, bring back the jobs lost to Mexico and China, make health care more affordable, build the Wall and deport all the criminal aliens, continue rebuilding the military, protect entitlements and most importantly, make the life of the American people better.

And I will not wait until 2020 to do this! I will stay here, in Le Mars, for another 3 days, in which I will knock on doors, go to restaurants and cafeterias, to parks and stores and listen to all of you. I will write down everything you tell me and then I will go to Washington and call on the Congressional leadership, experts, civil organisations and Governors to work with the Administration to write down legislation and finding solutions for every crisis our country is having. Our people will not suffer any longer because some politicians only care about their careers!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and your enthusiasm, and trust me, we will Make America Great Again! God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!

RGM2609
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »

Kim Reynolds joins President Pence in Le Mars, Iowa: 2-4 February 2019
After President Mike Pence's announcement that he will be spending the next 3 days talking to voters in Le Mars, Iowa, no one expected another high-profile guest to join him. However, at 8 am in the streets of the city, IA Governor Kim Reynolds unexpectedly showed up next to the candidate. Following numerous questions from shocked reporters, Reynolds said: "Yes, I endorse President Pence in 2020 because I believe he is the only candidate who can pass a conservative agenda which will help Iowans and the country. I will also take time to campaign until the caucuses in the entire state for this great man and patriot." After this, Pence and Reynolds proceeded to knock on doors and talk to hundreds of people, from dawn until dusk. They received questions from people on various issues, like health care, economy, Social Security, the environment, immigration, education, terrorism and gun control. On immigration, the President promised to continue building the Wall, remove criminal ilegal immigrants, cancel funding for sanctuary cities, boost up ICE funding and lower the number of visas in order to protect the American people and their jobs. He was also happy to talk about the economy, promising to keep up the growth by continuing Donald Trump's policies and also reduce the "dangerously high" deficits and debt by cracking down on waste and fraud. He also pledged to "not touch a penny" of the Medicare and Social Security budgets. However, questions on the environment or health care, usually asked by Democrats he ran into, showed themselves to be more challenging to the President. However, he bounced back, admitting that AHCA, while an improvement from Obamacare, was not what the country needed, and pledged to replace Obamacare with a plan which will "dramatically" lower costs that he will soon submit. On the issue of the environment, he said that the EPA has to much power over busniesses in America, and he pledged to protect the environment in a better way than by bureaucracy. He left Le Mars for Washington in February 4th at noon, after talking to hundreds, maybe even 1.000 people, pledging to swiftly submit legislation to help the people he met in Le Mars.
RGM2609
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Just saw the ads of Tom Steyer, the phony billionaire running for President. Ignoring the fact that he just repeated slogans, he also showed a horrific amount of disrespect to President Trump. I pray for his (Trump's) health every day, and for all the good he has done he doesn't deserve to be used by Democrats as a target. Shameful!
RGM2609
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 12:31:02 PM »

Mike Pence presents ambitious tax reform plan to the media

In an somewhat surprising move, President Pence presented a very comprehensive tax reform plan that he seeks to push for in his first 100 days.

Mike Pence: "When we crafted this legislation, we had two main inspirations. The first one was President Trump and his vision, which remains in our thoughts every day, and what the American people told me in Le Mars a few days ago. This plan will make America better for them."

The plan Pence proposed is:

The President proposed a comprehensive tax bill, cutting income taxes further for everyone. However, the ones who benefit the most from the Pence plan is the middle class, whose taxes lower by a third or even half in some cases. The other economical groups only get very modest cuts. The business tax rate is lowered too from 21% to 15%, as Trump promised in 2016. Other less big, yet important changes Pence seeks to implement are the increasing of the Child Tax Credit by 25%, the complete elimination of the AMT and the marriage penalty, as well as the 3.8% tax on investment. The bill also eliminates the carried interest loophole and the estate tax. Another important part of the bill is cutting the number of tax brackets from 7 to 3.
RGM2609
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 02:24:43 PM »

Ad from Mike Pence's campaign
Yesterday President Mike Pence proposed a revolutionary plan related to tax reform, one that will cut taxes for middle class families and small businesses, greatly simplify the tax code and forms as well as making the code fairer. This plan will help rebuild America's middle class and economy by putting more money in the hands of the American people and companies.

We must not allow this opportunity to pass by because Congress was more concerned with politics. Call your Congressperson and Senator and tell them to put you, their constituent, ahead of their political and partisan interests by backing the President's plan.

Mike Pence: I'm President Mike Pence, and I approve this message
RGM2609
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 03:41:18 PM »

Mike Pence's schedule in February 2019
1st-4th February 2019
Announcement rally and knocking on doors with IA Governor Kim Reynolds in Le Mars, Iowa

5th- 10th February 2019
5-6: Drafting up the tax reform plan
7: Presenting it to the public
8-10: Meetings with Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Senators and Congresspersons related to the tax reform plan
(During this time period, Kim Reynolds campaigned on the behalf of the President, mainly praising the tax reform plan)

11th February 2019
Fox News town hall on taxes

12th-17th February 2019 - Iowa
12: Rallies in Rock Rapids, Osceola, Orange City and Primghar, Iowa
13: Rally in Le Mars, Iowa, and meeting with local leaders
14: Rallies in Sac City and Rockwell City, Iowa
15: Rally and Town Hall in Dakota City, Iowa with Kim Reynolds, interview on CNN
16: Rally and Town Hall in Corydon, Iowa with Kim Reynolds, interview on MSNBC
17: Rallies in Bloomfield and Keosauqua, Iowa with Kim Reynolds

18th-20th February 2019 - Washington DC
Meetings with Nancy Pelosi and moderate Democrats from the House related to the tax reform plan, interviews on various networks about it

20th-24th February 2019 - Iowa
20: Rallies in Algona, Forest City, Garner, Mason City and Charles City, Iowa
21: Rallies in Allison, Grundy Center, Eldora, Webster City, Clarion and Hampton, Iowa
22: Interviews on major networks and local press
23: Rallies in Dakota City, Fort Dodge, Nevada, Boone and Jefferson, Iowa
24: Taking part in evangelical religious service in Carroll, Iowa, and Town Hall with Church members

25th-28th February 2019 - Washington DC
Meetings and interviews to promote the tax reform plan

RGM2609
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 05:40:58 PM »

Kim Reynolds @governoreynolds

I notice that OH Sen Portman has no platform of his own and is running on the Trump-Pence platform. Another ambitious politician who won't allow the party to unite around our President. IA must reject him!
RGM2609
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 05:43:47 PM »

I once again call on Congress to put on the floor the plan to reduce taxes for the middle class and simplify the tax code. Badly needed!
RGM2609
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 05:58:48 PM »

Did Seth Moulton even read the tax bill?? I doubt it, because he just called cutting the tax rates for the middle class, giving tax credits for child care and eliminating the carried interest loophole a billionaire bailout. It's honestly sad.
RGM2609
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »

Pence Administration, campaign to pressure House Blue Dogs[/size]

Seeing the recent reports that the tax bill is facing long odds in the House, the Pence Administration and his campaign started putting pressure on the Blue Dogs, hoping to see just enough of them cracking in favor of the bill. Mike Pence and Vice President Reed invited them to numerous meetings in the White House, even offering to help them with some of their own policy proposals shall they vote for the tax cuts. Meanwhile the Pence 2020 campaign is airing ads in all of their districts, touting the benefits the bill will bring to the middle class as well as asociating opposition to it with unpopular Democrats like Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Nancy Pelosi. They are also planning to send in surrogates in the aforementioned districts, trying to swing public opinion enough for the Blue Dogs to feel intense pressure from back home.
RGM2609
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 07:44:53 PM by RGM2609 »

President Pence's press release, on the numbers of the tax bill:

The tax reform plans are as follows:

1. The middle class families (those making between 40K and 122K a year individually) will pay 35% less in income taxes compared to what they are paying right now. However, the middle class families with a child will pay 37% less, with two children 39% less and so on, with 2% added with every child.

2. The upper class families (making over 122K a year individually) will pay about 3% less in income taxes

3. The lower class families (making under 40K a year individually) will pay about 3% less in income taxes

4. The business tax rate is cut from 21% to 15%

5. Create targeted tax credits for child care, unappliable to those making over 250K a year, for working parents to deduct spending on child care from their income taxes for up to 4 children or elderly dependents.

6. The complete elimination of the marriage penalty, already reduced by the Trump tax cuts

7. The complete elimination of the AMT, already reduced by the Trump tax cuts

8. The complete elimination of the estate tax, already reduced by the Trump tax cuts

9.  The complete elimination of the 3.8% Obamacare tax on investment income

Some of this cuts will be paid for by the only tax increase from the reform:

1. The elimination of carried interest loophole, which allows the profit earned by the general partner of a private investment fund to be taxed at a lower rate.

President Pence is also willing to work with Congress in order to find other unfair loopholes in the tax code and close them down in order to generate revenue.

The tax reform bill also proposed the simplification of the tax code by reducing the number of tax brackets from 7 down to 3 with rates of 12%, 25% and 33% over the next 7 years. He seeks to address the various details of this modification in another bill which will be written with the help of the Democrats and Republicans from Congress.
RGM2609
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 07:51:18 PM »

I think we should have gameplay before this spirals out

Excited Cheesy

Yeah, I'm not posting any scheduling for Portman until the game thread is up.

Plus, i'm quite sure the turn lasts from January until November? I don't see why people are posting so intricately for a few weeks like it's already 2020 or something.

I just want Pence to have an accomplishment to run with XD
RGM2609
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »

I hope I don't have to repost everything in the gameplay thread too.
RGM2609
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 04:43:13 PM »

Pence opposes Citizens United?

GOP donors won’t like that
Or the conservative establishment in Congress

Citizens United is an insanely unpopular decision, opposed by even 70% of Republicans. I doubt the establishment will be able to do much (especially as, even with the Citizens United thing, Pence is their best choice)
RGM2609
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 07:38:35 AM »

Since the tax bill was modified in the House, does the Senate have to pass it again afterwards?
RGM2609
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 07:46:59 AM »

Well now the bill has to back through the senate again

Although I suspect support will be the same

I think the House has to pass it first and then go back to the Senate
RGM2609
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 12:24:50 PM »

Also I find it interesting that the Republican primary is so far much more heated than the democratic one, even though there’s like 10 Democrats. Lol.
That's what happens when Mike Pence spends too much time around Trump
RGM2609
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:02 PM »

@RGM, just so you’re aware;

Ads will be limited to one per player per week to prevent overload until there are fewer than 10 candidates.

Though I do believe there should be exceptions for candidates with the ability to self finance (Steyer, Ivanka) and perhaps the President, like an additional one or two ads.

Agreed
And can we limit the twitter war a bit? A bit clogging
Yes, I'll try not to use twitter much anymore
RGM2609
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »

I was actually supposed to deliever a speech before the vote...
RGM2609
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 02:48:47 PM »

I was actually supposed to deliever a speech before the vote...

Sorry. I factored in the recent numbers and the possibility of a speech when I was putting to vote totals together.
What possibility? I didn't give it
RGM2609
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 02:56:49 PM »

For the guy playing Rand Paul, didn't you have the right to only one endorsement before the first polls?
RGM2609
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:20 PM »

For the guy playing Rand Paul, didn't you have the right to only one endorsement before the first polls?

This is coming out of his first round of credits.
I am not sure I get how this credits work without any polls. And anyway, do I have credits too?
RGM2609
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 04:22:12 AM »

Any debate happening soon?
RGM2609
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »

First primary debate will be up tonight (due Feb. 4).
Great! Would love to have back-and-forths too but well that's admittedly very difficult to do. MAYBE when there are only 2 candidates we can do those by agreeing on an hour for both to do it idk
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies