Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:36:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should be the news source for election updates/primary results?
CNN

FOX

NBC

CBS

Alternate among them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread  (Read 7730 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 25, 2020, 11:28:22 AM »

I would like Kentucky Senator Rand Paul if possible.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) for President 2020 Announcement Speech at Manchester, New Hampshire (January 21st, 2019)

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfzoPQACPY

"After 4 years, I believe this message deserves to be heard once again!

The Washington Machine must fall!

It is time we take our country back! We have come to take it back from those in Washington who eagerly stunted the policies of the former President Trump to see him fail. We have come to take it back from the failed neoconservatives, such as Senator Romney who lost to Obama in 2012 and gave us 4 more years of his failed liberal policies. We have come to take it back from those who believe that the Constitution shouldn't define our laws.

We elected President Trump on his promises to keep America safe and Drain the Swamp! Sadly, the establishment in D.C. made sure these promises went unheard and the President tragically suffered a mental breakdown. Many of you may be asking why I'm running when a little over a month ago President Pence was sworn in. Why are we dividing ourselves when we should be uniting one another?

I'll tell you why : I don't believe President Pence's policies will bring America forward. No my friends, if you look closely at his policies, the President is more aligned with the policies of George W. Bush and others. We can no longer afford to be the Party of Evangelical Neoconservative warmongering. We must leave those days behind. It is time we put Americans first and foremost. It is time we stop being concerned about the worries of other nations and put more concern back home. It is time we end government surveillance on our citizens and instead allow everybody more freedom and personal responsibility.

This is not to be disrespectful to the President. He is a great man, an honorable man, and if anyone attempts to slander him personally, I will defend him. It is his policies and ideas that I agree with.

My friends, in the last four years, we tried to work with the Washington Machine. We tried to work with the Swamp. It didn't work. Now, I believe it is time we end it. It's time to bring an end to corruption in government, to force Congress to listen to the people and not their special interests groups. It is time we use that momentum to bring this country forward, not backward!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for the American Liberty Movement!
"

Hours after announcing, www.RandPaulforPresident2020 .com was published and he trademarked the slogan "A Time for Change!"
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 06:46:05 PM »

When someone picks Mike Bloomberg and prepares to blanket ads

Source : https://youtu.be/L8pj91SR3sw
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 06:54:19 PM »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT : RAND PAUL JOINS NO PAC PLEDGE

"Our movement is one of the people and is grassroots from the very start. I will not allow myself to be bought by major corporations and instead I rely on you, the people, to fund my campaign! I am proud to join the No PAC Pledge!"
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 07:23:12 PM »

Rand Paul Campaign Schedule : Bring the Revolution!

January 21st-March 4th : New Hampshire

Believing that Iowa is likely to go to Pence rather than him, Senator Paul has instead decided to invest resources into the state of New Hampshire, hoping to get anywhere between third place, second place, or winning the Primary. He focuses on building a relationship with small communities and towns, eating meals at local restaurant and shaking the people's hands  before asking them what they would like to see done if Paul wins election. The goal of this is to build a strong, underground support system that will be hard to undermine. Rand Paul will continuously hammer home the message that local communities, not the federal government, is what helps america succeeds. He only visited the urban cities a few times, but not as much as the rural areas to build popular support there.

March 5th-March 9th : Rest Days

Senator Paul takes a few days off from campaigning to spend time with his family and work in Congress. He also promises to pass any legislation that President Pence put to a vote on the Senate floor "unless it intervenes with my moral and ethical values."

March 10th-May 7th : South Carolina

Rand Paul uses much the same strategy as he did in New Hampshire, as well as bringing Senator Scott with him on the campaign trail. He decides to use the term Libertarian Populism and states "Our founding fathers were some of the smartest people to ever exist and they were also the most libertarian. They understood that absolute power corrupts even the most humble man and just fought to have as small a government as possible. Libertarianism is by definition designed to help the people as it allows those in local communities to participate and govern themselves. The weaker the federal government, the stronger our communities will be and the stronger our communities are, the stronger we will be as a nation." He visited Charleston and Columbus several times, though continues to stick to the smaller towns and villages in the state to build grassroots support there.

May 8th-14th : Rest Days

Rand Paul does much the same thing that he did in his prior rest days. He pledges to do this after every extended state tour.

May 15th-July 12th : Tennessee

The same strategy is once again employed, this time putting more emphasis on the need of more support for the rural communities if they require it. Senator Paul believes he can build a strong support base across the upper south with his platform and plans to focus most of his efforts there.

July 13th-18th : Rest Days

July 19th-September 10th : Texas

Much the same strategy as his other three states, Senator Paul offers to help bring communities together and host book clubs for these communities as well as social gatherings. He also speaks with Immigrants, mainly legal ones, and states that while the government won't be able to do much and shouldn't he'd be glad to offer these citizens community programs that can better integrate them into American Society.

September 11th

Senator Paul doesn't campaign at all on September 11th in respect to those who have fallen.

September 12th-October 31st : Vermont

Senator Paul uses the same strategy he used in all other states while also meeting with local government leaders, mayors, state legislators, and the like in order to help build a better community with the state. He also agrees to sign a pledge to have a personal checklist of all the things he'd do if elected and will allow every supporter of his to have a copy to keep him accountable.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »

Senator Rand Paul on Pence's tax plans

Quote from: Rand Paul 2020 Twitter Account
Recently, President Pence has introduced a new tax plan that he hopes will garner support over time. I will look over this bill and determine if it deserves my vote or not. But first, I must say : It is time to balance the Budget, Mr. President. To cut taxes, we must end spending on something else. What will you cut spending on?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »

I think we should have gameplay before this spirals out

Excited Cheesy

Agreed.

If anyone is curious about what I did, I just posted my mainstream early schedule that way I have a focus. The first few days of the game I'll spending in the Presidential Debates and writing ads/getting endorsements/doing speeches and/or rallies in these areas focused on specific issues. They'll be posted sporadically however.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »

I think we should have gameplay before this spirals out

Excited Cheesy

Yeah, I'm not posting any scheduling for Portman until the game thread is up.

Plus, i'm quite sure the turn lasts from January until November? I don't see why people are posting so intricately for a few weeks like it's already 2020 or something.

I'm doing this to have a platform and have an early platform to springboard off of later on in the campaign.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 07:59:02 PM »

Can we get polling by announcements? I'm curious to see how the very early polls look.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 03:08:34 PM »

My predictions for the Republicans :

Light Blue is Ivanka, Red is Pence, Green is Portman, Yellow is Paul. This is a very early prediction, though.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 09:08:07 AM »

I can't find the questions on the gameplay thread anymore.

Que?

EDIT: I can see them in DatGOTtho's profile, but still...

How do you see them? I can't see them myself.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 12:00:29 PM »

I'll message you the question I have myself.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 12:06:13 PM »

Also I find it interesting that the Republican primary is so far much more heated than the democratic one, even though there’s like 10 Democrats. Lol.

and then we get into late 2019 and it becomes a blood bath for both sides.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »

Also I find it interesting that the Republican primary is so far much more heated than the democratic one, even though there’s like 10 Democrats. Lol.

Yup. And rightfully so.

Yeah, in a primary with a sitting President, one has to be especially aggressive with their stances to make it clear why they're presenting a challenge. So it makes sense to have a primary be so heated.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »

@RGM, just so you’re aware;

Ads will be limited to one per player per week to prevent overload until there are fewer than 10 candidates.

Though I do believe there should be exceptions for candidates with the ability to self finance (Steyer, Ivanka) and perhaps the President, like an additional one or two ads.

Agreed
And can we limit the twitter war a bit? A bit clogging
Yes, I'll try not to use twitter much anymore

Yeah, same. This is why I'm mainly going to focus on writing speeches for Senator Paul and his endorsements as well.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:20 PM »

For the guy playing Rand Paul, didn't you have the right to only one endorsement before the first polls?

This is coming out of his first round of credits.

Yeah, I asked him as soon as the Gameplay thread was posted.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »

To the guy playing Rand Paul aren't you going a little too far ahead inventing stuff? You first made up a panel of conservative economists working at Politico and I spoke to the GM about this and said he never knew such thing existed and that I can make up their biases. Now, you release a full list of their presidential endorsements. I've never been in such a game before, but is that fair?

Hey, you opened the can of worms, not me. I'm simply responding to an attack from my opponent. Also, Politico does their own Economic wing, mainly focused on the elections. I'll gladly delete the response if you do delete the tweet though and we can leave it at that, if that'd be fair to you.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »

Also, if anyone is curious, I PM'd Grassr00ts and Barron before I posted my announcement for the amendment and I also included the Game Moderator for the Message. Both Barron and Grassr00ts did agree to support it though they failed to include the mod. If anyone would like to see proof, I'd be glad to share a screenshot of my message and the responses.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 05:31:46 PM »

Wait when are debate responses due? I'm a little tired rn so I would like to know.

Yeah, my back has been killing me as of late and I've been focused on writing my AH TL, so I need to know before I lose my opportunity.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 07:50:00 PM »

Wait when are debate responses due? I'm a little tired rn so I would like to know.

Yeah, my back has been killing me as of late and I've been focused on writing my AH TL, so I need to know before I lose my opportunity.

Feb. 12th

thanks.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 09:54:46 AM »

Rand Paul drops out and endorses Ivanka Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies