Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should be the news source for election updates/primary results?
CNN

FOX

NBC

CBS

Alternate among them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread  (Read 7739 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: January 25, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »

I'll take Steve Bullock if possible.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »

Wait, so we announce in this thread?

I’ll probably post something tonight.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:04:49 PM »

Not to be a downer, but shouldn't you cite that image? Would hate it if the mods shut down this gae because of that.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »

Governor Steve Bullock announces presidential bid
Source: Wikimedia Commons Author: Gage Skidmore

January 14, 2019

Hello, Missoula!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this event. It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve the people of Montana as Attorney General and Governor, and people like you have been instrumental in helping me succeed in these positions. Together, we've kept Montana a prosperous and beautiful state, by working together and staying united even as the rest of the nation has torn itself up over partisan politics.

It's an unfortunate truth that our nation is now more divided than ever. Since the 2016 election, Democrats and Republicans have been at each other's throats, and the polarization that began seeping into the national scene in the early 2010s became the norm, not the exception. Washington, DC, has become more deadlocked than ever - the people who should be representing us are unable to pass any legislation thanks to their refusal to work with the other side. Under Trump, our nation has fractured to pieces, and instead of trying to reunite it, Pence's blatant partisan chicanery has only served to augment the problem.

Here in Montana though, things are different. It was thanks to voters who could see past the (D) next to my name that I won elections here. In Montana, we are willing to work across party lines to get things done. For instance, even though our legislature is overwhelmingly Republican, I worked with them to expand Medicare and bring help to the Montanans who needed it. I have also been fearless in protecting the rights of the people of this great state. I'm willing to speak up for the issues that matter to us Democrats - as Attorney General, I challenged Citizens United, and as Governor I have signed on to many initiatives with other Governors to protect the right to abortions, the right for DACA recipients to continue to live in Montana and the US, and the right for labor unions to support themselves through mandatory fees. Under my administration, Montana became the first state to implement net neutrality after the FCC shamelessly repealed it. I also have been a relentless advocate for LGBTQ+ rights. I am proud to have officiated the first-ever same-sex marriage in Montana history, and I also gave an executive order in 2016 to protect these good people from discrimination in the workplace.

Today, as many of you thought, I am here to announce my campaign for President of the United States, and to bring the values all Montanans hold dear to the White House! As President, I will strive to get real, meaningful legislation passed - a healthcare plan that brings quality American medical care to all who want it, a comprehensive gun control plan that protects our children, and a plan to continue to improve our infrastructure and develop an energy source for the future, among many others. I will also tirelessly advocate for the rights of you, the people. I will support the rights of labor unions, the rights of the LGBTQ+ community, the rights of women to choose whether or not to have a baby - and most of all, I will support Rural America, a region that has been neglected by politicians today. It will be my mission to bring honest, competent, and united government to the White House, and together, I believe that we can.

Thank you, Missoula, and we will surely meet again soon.

BREAKING: Former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack endorses Steve Bullock for President
Quote from: Fmr. Governor Tom Vilsack
After much thought, I have decided to endorse my good friend Governor Steve Bullock for President of the United States. I talked with Steve the other day in Mount Pleasant, and I believe he is the right man for the Presidency, and the candidate most representative of Iowa values. Steve, unlike many other politicians, deeply cares for the people of rural America. Montana, like Iowa, is a rural state, and Steve has experience governing in a place where people, not megacorporations and interest groups matter. As President, I have full confidence that Steve will advocate for and protect the interests of people like you and me, and for that reason, I am proud to endorse him.

Bullock Logo

Source: Wikimedia Commons Author: BULLOCK FOR PRESIDENT
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:58:51 PM »

Obviously I don't want to imbalance the game, but will I get some kind of ad points cause of Tom Steyer's wealth, just like in real life.

Just try not to completely overwhelm the thread.
Oh god.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 02:18:04 PM »

Bullock Tweet
Quote from: Gov. Steve Bullock
As Attorney General of Montana, I fought corporations that sought to influence elections with their big money by challenging the Citizens United decision that allowed them to flood your airwaves with ads. One of the major goals of my campaign is to be a voice for the voters that have been forgotten in Washington - and the best way to do this is to swear off the corporate money that is corrupting our elections. I am proud to join my fellow Democrats in refusing corporate PAC money and lobbyist money, and I will run my campaign solely from the help of grassroots donors like you.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:14:14 PM »

Bullock to review Pence Tax Plan
Quote from: Gov. Steve Bullock
My great team back home in Helena is reviewing the new Pence tax reforms, and is assessing the potential impact for the people of Montana, as well as Americans in general. Until then, I will not take a public stance on this plan, and I intend to base my opinion of this bill on the effects it will have on common people, both in and out of Montana.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »

Hooray!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »

I hope I don't have to repost everything in the gameplay thread too.

No, you don't.
Btw, does every candidate get an interview? Or is it by request?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 12:49:55 AM »

I can't find the questions on the gameplay thread anymore.

Que?

EDIT: I can see them in DatGOTtho's profile, but still...
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 02:42:37 PM »

@RGM, just so you’re aware;

Ads will be limited to one per player per week to prevent overload until there are fewer than 10 candidates.

Though I do believe there should be exceptions for candidates with the ability to self finance (Steyer, Ivanka) and perhaps the President, like an additional one or two ads.

Agreed
And can we limit the twitter war a bit? A bit clogging
Yes, I'll try not to use twitter much anymore

Yeah, same. This is why I'm mainly going to focus on writing speeches for Senator Paul and his endorsements as well.
Yep, a Twitter truce would be in order. I'll stop with the tweets.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »

Question on the debate: does the town hall count for anything?

Also, I'm a little busy over the next week or so but I should be fine.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 12:39:45 PM »

Wew is Pence trying to steal two Senate seats Confused
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »

Not really, I also nominated Republican Senators. And Jones is done in 2020 anyway.
Yes. But the Republican seats are pretty much safe, and eliminating Murkowski changes the dynamic a lot as well (not to mention the Manchin issue). These appointments will result in a 55-45 Senate and it's a pretty blatant partisan move imo.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 01:25:19 PM »

Not really, I also nominated Republican Senators. And Jones is done in 2020 anyway.
Yes. But the Republican seats are pretty much safe, and eliminating Murkowski changes the dynamic a lot as well (not to mention the Manchin issue). These appointments will result in a 55-45 Senate and it's a pretty blatant partisan move imo.
I am cancelling the Manchin and Jones appointments and nominate some former Dem Senators. I was not aware of all of this stuff, I am not an American and my knowledge of the law there is limited... Also calling for reprercusions is very extreme and very personally offensive to me
Thanks. I'm not saying that you were INTENDING it to be partisan, but removing two red-state Democrats (one of whom has 4 years left in office) definitely raises eyebrows. That said, the problem seems to be remedied, so thats good. Still don't like Murkowski leaving the Senate though.
I am cancelling the Manchin and Jones appointments and nominate some former Dem Senators. I was not aware of all of this stuff, I am not an American and my knowledge of the law there is limited... Also calling for reprercusions is very extreme and very personally offensive to me

Sorry
I don’t mean it was personal

Not repercussions against you-you’re great

I mean Pence for purging his cabinet
Yeah I think he means political repercussions. Triggered far-righters and all.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »

Once again

to all parties involved

Can we have a moratorium on the tweet storm?

Just a bit clogging, although it is admittedly fun to read
Yeah, I've personally halted tweeting but others haven't. Maybe we could have a tweet thread or something?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »

Btw, when are the first state polls coming?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »

Wait when are debate responses due? I'm a little tired rn so I would like to know.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »

I've been busy lately, but I expect to have debate answers out today or tomorrow.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 07:27:47 PM »

Damn I was really hoping for that GOP split. Sad!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »

Damn I was really hoping for that GOP split. Sad!
Damn I nearly imploded my own campaign
Yeah. I mean I'm sure your intentions were good but...that was not the move. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies