Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:42:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should be the news source for election updates/primary results?
CNN

FOX

NBC

CBS

Alternate among them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread  (Read 7745 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« on: January 25, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »

Ivanka Trump? Sunglasses
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 08:16:54 PM »

Wouldn’t she be too young to run in 2020?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:41:35 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2020, 11:17:50 PM by iBizzBee »

Credit to Vox Media.

Ivanka Trump in Des Moines Campaign Launch; “We must continue our movement; the swamp is yet to be drained”

Hello Iowa! Hello my fellow Americans! Thank you for having me here tonight.

While I was proud to stand by my father every single day during his ground breaking campaign of 2016; I never thought I would see myself up here, in this position. My Father ran a campaign all about restoring power to you — the American people. About reclaiming our birthright as Americans, and putting America and Americans first — above any single political party, special interest or corrupt influence.

And I think we all know, the swamp is yet to be drained. There is a movement to continue and reignite. While my Father; bless him, fought his hardest for us and our country during his time in office, his drive towards making our grand country great again was sadly cut short by the inevitable forces of nature.

May I ask for a moment of silence, please.

— The crowd bows their heads for a few moments, some in prayer and others in quiet contemplation —

My Father understood that we will never fix Washington from the inside unless we send someone to Washington from the outside. The America we love will continue its decline until we finally retake power from Washington elites. And while I hate to say it, and while I thank President Pence for his warmth and comfort during the difficult days and weeks after December 9th, the months after have been a return to Washington as usual.

A return to the lobbyists, donors and the swamp’ dictating what’s best for the rest of us.

A return to Washington insiders dictating policy to our representatives; regardless of what Americans want.

A return to the status quo.

And we just can’t afford that.

Our country needs and deserves the comeback my Father was fighting so hard to help us achieve, but we are not going to get that comeback with politicians and business as usual. Politicians are not the solution to our problems-- they are the problem.

And so in the spirit of reigniting the flame that brought so many of us together to fight for our America in 2016; an America of boldness and confidence ready to take on the problems of the 21st century and renew our leadership all across the globe while reclaiming our pride and freedom at home, I am proud to announce that I will be a candidate for President in 2020!

Thank you! Thank you all so much! GOD bless you, GOD bless America. Let’s get to work!  
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 11:07:09 PM »

Not to be a downer, but shouldn't you cite that image? Would hate it if the mods shut down this gae because of that.

Sorry, I have t been keeping up with all that. Do I just need to link the website?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 02:39:11 PM »

Guys? As far as I’m aware this isn’t the gameplay thread?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »

Guys? As far as I’m aware this isn’t the gameplay thread?

Yeah, but some people get excited and want to go ahead and start. I keep track of this sort of stuff with Excel spreadsheets and Word documents, anyway, so I've always been fine with it.

So will it count towards our starting positions?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »

Quote from: @IvankaTrump
Respectfully to the President, @PresidentPence, how will these steep cuts be paid for? Will we cut spending, and if so, where at and which programs? The American people deserve to know all the details before this is put to a vote.

Spokeswoman Kimberley Allen put out a statement that the campaign is currently undecided on the tax proposal until further details are clarified.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 07:57:27 PM »

Yeah I’m holding off on any major rallies, speeches or schedules until the game officially starts — but the back and forth Twitter banter is fun.  Tongue
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 08:02:21 PM »

I moved my two non-announcement posts there, hopefully that’s okay.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2020, 08:59:24 PM by iBizzBee »

Since Ivanka has declined to take part in the CNN debate, I wont be answering the questions — but she will likely answer similar questions at her own town hall. While I realize it’s a risky move, as a candidate with almost universal name recognition already, it obviously shouldn’t impact her like it would a lesser known persona.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 11:53:55 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 12:00:56 PM by iBizzBee »

Since Ivanka is hosting her own town hall, and it’s suppose to be totally unscripted, I’d appreciate some of you sending me questions “from the crowd” if you feel so inclined.

And yes, I know you’re all technically rivals, but be fair. Wink + Tongue

Feel free to post ‘em here or private message me.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »

Also I find it interesting that the Republican primary is so far much more heated than the democratic one, even though there’s like 10 Democrats. Lol.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 01:40:23 PM »

@RGM, just so you’re aware;

Ads will be limited to one per player per week to prevent overload until there are fewer than 10 candidates.

Though I do believe there should be exceptions for candidates with the ability to self finance (Steyer, Ivanka) and perhaps the President, like an additional one or two ads.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »

When can we expect the first polling numbers? Not to rush anything, just wondering.

This game is shaping up to be a lot of fun so far!
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »

Party Defectors:

Republicans
None

um

It’s for the house vote, not the senate.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:20 PM »

For the guy playing Rand Paul, didn't you have the right to only one endorsement before the first polls?

This is coming out of his first round of credits.

Are we all allowed to request our second endorsement then? I’ve already got my preferred one lined up.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »

I’m going to be MIA all day, just so everyone knows. I’ll get Ivanka’s town hall, interview questions and respond to you RGM/Pence about the family leave meeting all tomorrow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies