Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:10:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: Who should be the news source for election updates/primary results?
CNN

FOX

NBC

CBS

Alternate among them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Signup/Rules Thread  (Read 7733 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2020, 10:04:49 PM »

Not to be a downer, but shouldn't you cite that image? Would hate it if the mods shut down this gae because of that.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2020, 10:12:05 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2020, 11:18:20 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

ABRAMS ANNOUNCES 2020 CAMPAIGN
Good evening, Atlanta!

I am honored and humbled to stand before you all. My friends, my family, my co-workers, my fellow Georgians, and my fellow Americans. Recently I ran to be your Governor, we all know how that race ended. We must all stand together as Americans to make sure that all votes matter. No matter your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, or your economic status!

In my speech after that election, I said to you that America “is a mighty nation because we embedded in our national experiment the chance to fix what is broken and to demand fairness wherever it can be found.” We are not seeing those values in Washington today.

Our leadership has been complicit in letting dark money in our elections, letting big businesses contribute to the climate crisis, taking away women’s access to healthcare, letting big businesses control our healthcare policy while innocent people in America aren’t getting medicine because they have to choose between paying the water bill or paying for healthcare. Our leadership is complicit in letting people drown in student loan debt, they are complicit in forcing veterans to live on the streets because they can’t get a job and they can’t afford to have a home. The leadership that claims to be the helping hand for us, has failed us. So we must get someone who has never served in the federal government to clean the mess there.

Today I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States!

Together, we will clean the mess of the United States federal government. Together we will end the climate crisis. Together we will reduce the stranglehold of the rich and powerful, and return the power back to the people as the founding fathers wanted.

Join our people-powered campaign to move this nation forward and make our government a true democracy!

Thank you Atlanta!

Credit to myself for making this logo
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2020, 10:25:11 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2020, 11:18:35 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

ABRAMS GETS FIRST ENDORSEMENT
Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, Stacey Abrams, got her first endorsement shortly after announcing 2020 bid.

I am proud to announce that I've just met with a former President, and Georgia's favorite son, Jimmy Carter. He's told me that he's on-board for our campaign and I can't wait to campaign with him in the early states and beyond!

-Stacey Abrams

Everyone knows that I've been quiet about politics since I left office in 1981, focusing on charity and as the pastor at my church in Plains, Georgia. But when I see someone with the strength and agility like Stacey, I can't stay quiet. When I was raised, my Daddy told me that when you see something that needs to be done, you do it yourself or you help someone that can. I see that belief in Stacey, so I'm honored to be a helping hand to her and her campaign.

-Jimmy Carter, the 39th President of the United States
ClassicGOPer
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2020, 10:45:40 PM »

Can I take Kamala Harris
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2020, 10:57:00 PM »

Indeed you can.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2020, 11:07:09 PM »

Not to be a downer, but shouldn't you cite that image? Would hate it if the mods shut down this gae because of that.

Sorry, I have t been keeping up with all that. Do I just need to link the website?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2020, 11:16:43 PM »

Sorry, I have t been keeping up with all that. Do I just need to link the website?

From what I've seen, generally just stating the source appears to be sufficient, yes.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »

Governor Steve Bullock announces presidential bid
Source: Wikimedia Commons Author: Gage Skidmore

January 14, 2019

Hello, Missoula!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this event. It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve the people of Montana as Attorney General and Governor, and people like you have been instrumental in helping me succeed in these positions. Together, we've kept Montana a prosperous and beautiful state, by working together and staying united even as the rest of the nation has torn itself up over partisan politics.

It's an unfortunate truth that our nation is now more divided than ever. Since the 2016 election, Democrats and Republicans have been at each other's throats, and the polarization that began seeping into the national scene in the early 2010s became the norm, not the exception. Washington, DC, has become more deadlocked than ever - the people who should be representing us are unable to pass any legislation thanks to their refusal to work with the other side. Under Trump, our nation has fractured to pieces, and instead of trying to reunite it, Pence's blatant partisan chicanery has only served to augment the problem.

Here in Montana though, things are different. It was thanks to voters who could see past the (D) next to my name that I won elections here. In Montana, we are willing to work across party lines to get things done. For instance, even though our legislature is overwhelmingly Republican, I worked with them to expand Medicare and bring help to the Montanans who needed it. I have also been fearless in protecting the rights of the people of this great state. I'm willing to speak up for the issues that matter to us Democrats - as Attorney General, I challenged Citizens United, and as Governor I have signed on to many initiatives with other Governors to protect the right to abortions, the right for DACA recipients to continue to live in Montana and the US, and the right for labor unions to support themselves through mandatory fees. Under my administration, Montana became the first state to implement net neutrality after the FCC shamelessly repealed it. I also have been a relentless advocate for LGBTQ+ rights. I am proud to have officiated the first-ever same-sex marriage in Montana history, and I also gave an executive order in 2016 to protect these good people from discrimination in the workplace.

Today, as many of you thought, I am here to announce my campaign for President of the United States, and to bring the values all Montanans hold dear to the White House! As President, I will strive to get real, meaningful legislation passed - a healthcare plan that brings quality American medical care to all who want it, a comprehensive gun control plan that protects our children, and a plan to continue to improve our infrastructure and develop an energy source for the future, among many others. I will also tirelessly advocate for the rights of you, the people. I will support the rights of labor unions, the rights of the LGBTQ+ community, the rights of women to choose whether or not to have a baby - and most of all, I will support Rural America, a region that has been neglected by politicians today. It will be my mission to bring honest, competent, and united government to the White House, and together, I believe that we can.

Thank you, Missoula, and we will surely meet again soon.

BREAKING: Former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack endorses Steve Bullock for President
Quote from: Fmr. Governor Tom Vilsack
After much thought, I have decided to endorse my good friend Governor Steve Bullock for President of the United States. I talked with Steve the other day in Mount Pleasant, and I believe he is the right man for the Presidency, and the candidate most representative of Iowa values. Steve, unlike many other politicians, deeply cares for the people of rural America. Montana, like Iowa, is a rural state, and Steve has experience governing in a place where people, not megacorporations and interest groups matter. As President, I have full confidence that Steve will advocate for and protect the interests of people like you and me, and for that reason, I am proud to endorse him.

Bullock Logo

Source: Wikimedia Commons Author: BULLOCK FOR PRESIDENT
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2020, 11:48:03 PM »

Seth Moulton 2020
The Few, The Proud, The Americans

credit to cnn

Hello, I'm Seth Moulton and I'm running for President. I led one of the first platoons into Baghdad in 2003, I led the fight to ban bump stocks in Congress, and I am leading the fight to take on the Republicans in the White House. America needs a return to leadership in the progressive mold of Franklin Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, and Harry S. Truman. We do not need to repeat the mistakes, and disaster of this administration, and we need an America where there aren't many Americans who lack healthcare, there aren't children afraid of being shot and killed while at school, and where the environment does not play second fiddle to the driving force of special interests. Under a Moulton administration, we will restore honor and dignity to the white house, and we will renew the American dream. For too long have the special interests, and Washington insiders dominated our nation's politics Within my first 100 days we will pass comprehensive healthcare reform and meaningful gun control legislation that is my promise to you!

When I was first elected to Congress, I ran on a platform of bipartisanship and change in Washington, and during my time I have worked with Democrats and Republicans to achieve both of those goals. Now herein out we need to work together, as a grassroots effort of knocking on a million doors before the first primary in New Hampshire and the Caucus in Iowa. We should work together, not as 300 million Americans for 300 million purposes, but as 1 nation for 1 purpose.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2020, 03:11:59 AM »

OCASIO-CORTEZ BACKS GILLIBRAND
Credit to CNN for the Photo

This is about the fight for our future, and the values that all of us hold so dear. Things like the Right to Healthcare for everyone, ending Gun Violence, holding Government Accountable, and Ending Climate Change. We have so many people running for President in this election, but I have only been able to see one candidate that can truly make all of these issues a reality in the White House. I volunteered on her campaign for Senate, and have supported her movement for decades. I stand here with humility, and honor, to announce my endorsement of Kirsten Gillibrand to be the next President of the United States.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2020, 04:25:20 AM »

A Promise.

As I launch my campaign for President of the United States, I make the following pledge not to take contributions over $200 from oil, gas, and coal industry executives, lobbyists, or PACs and instead prioritize the health of our families, climate, and democracy over fossil fuel industry profits. It's time we have someone in the White House that believes and will fight climate change and the consequences it will have for our economy, lives, and children.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2020, 05:00:11 AM »

Cory Booker swears off corporate PAC donations ahead of 2020 campaign.

Ahead of the upcoming 2020 election, Cory Booker announced to local press that he would no longer receive corporate donations in any future campaign which were, as he described, 'sources of corrosive effects in politics.' While the main announcement was his refusal to accept corporate PAC donations, he also listed fossil fuel donations, super PAC money, donations from federal lobbyists, insurance company money, and ending any association or ties with closed-door, high-dollar fundraisers. In his speech to the press, he clarified that, while this announcement may help him receive 'backlash' from high-dollar, wealthy donors, it would bring himself 'closer to his constituents, whom are predominantly working families.'

He described the existing campaign finance system as 'corrosive and systemic' and that 'the only way we will break it is with individual senators and representatives refusing to participate in it, one-by-one.' He cited America's growing shift to the right-wing over recent decades on the Overton window, specific votes like TPP, the Trump tax cuts, extension of the Bush tax cuts, etc, and overall decline of wages as evidence of corrupting influence of money, and vouched for a complete overhaul of the existing campaign finance system in favor of public finance or a public voucher system similar to the Seattle model.

Barack Obama reportedly mentoring Cory Booker for 2020 campaign.

Anonymous reports are suggesting Cory Booker, U.S Senator and potential presidential candidate, has a behemoth of a surrogate behind him. Former President Barack Obama has reportedly been mentoring the U.S Senator, whom is a longtime ally and friend of the former President, and has been talking up his name with close political allies. Cory Booker was a surrogate for Obama both in 2008 and 2012, and many have compared his candidacy to that of the former President. Both have a similar passion for issues such as climate change, criminal justice reform, raising incomes, but the main similarities come from their impoverished upbringing and their ability to persevere despite it and inspire people. Booker has become a poster child of that poor upbringing in his ability to reverse a trend of urban blight as Newark Mayor and build a progressive record in Congress.

RGM2609
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2020, 05:42:49 AM »

President Mike Pence's announcement speech in Le Mars, Iowa (February 1st, 2019)
Hello, Le Mars! Hello, Iowa! Hello, America!

I must say that this is one of the most important days in my lifetime, and I decided that, unlike many other candidates who went to large, liberal cities to announce their presidential ambitions, I want to do it here. Because this is the part of the country that I feel part of: the beautiful rural communities, the small towns, the families that fight and pray everyday for a better life for them and more importantly their children. And to you, I say this: I hear you, I respect you, I admire you and I will do everything in my power to help you. And the fact that such people came here to listen to me and talk to me means to me more than a large, grandios rally could ever mean.

Now, in 2016 I had the honor and privilege to be picked by Donald Trump himself to serve as his Vice President. I knew from the start that the campaign won't be easy, that Crooked Hillary Clinton would do anything in order to win, but nevertheless I accepted to join President Trump in this great battle, because I believed in him and in his vision for our country, After we defied all odds and won the Presidency despite having all the political establishment against us, we started to Make America Great Again day by day, bit by bit. And the results speak for themselves. The economy is booming, wages are going up for people like you and you and you (points to random people in the crowd), unemployment is at historic lows. We passed the greatest tax cuts since President Reagan, cuts that we needed so much, we started making trade deals fair, we slowed down illegal immigration and deported criminals, we passed VA choice, we drastically cut unnecessary regulations. It is one of my biggest regrets that President Trump, who will be remembered as one of the greatest in history, couldn't continue carrying out his plans and accomplish everything that he wanted to. And that's why I am here. I was the one that President Trump trusted to keep making America great if any unfortunate event happened to him. And I am running to do just that.

I am disappointed to see that many in our great party allow their ambition to damage party unity and are opposing us instead of joining this new Administration in fighting to pass a conservative agenda and keeping the pledges we made to the people in 2016 and 2018. However, I will not relent and I will continue the fight because I've got you, the American people, on my side. I am running to pass more tax cuts for the middle class, continue balancing the trade deals, bring back the jobs lost to Mexico and China, make health care more affordable, build the Wall and deport all the criminal aliens, continue rebuilding the military, protect entitlements and most importantly, make the life of the American people better.

And I will not wait until 2020 to do this! I will stay here, in Le Mars, for another 3 days, in which I will knock on doors, go to restaurants and cafeterias, to parks and stores and listen to all of you. I will write down everything you tell me and then I will go to Washington and call on the Congressional leadership, experts, civil organisations and Governors to work with the Administration to write down legislation and finding solutions for every crisis our country is having. Our people will not suffer any longer because some politicians only care about their careers!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and your enthusiasm, and trust me, we will Make America Great Again! God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »

Can I take Steyer?

And take Fmr NH Gov John Lynch as my first endorsement
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2020, 09:44:05 AM »

Can I take Steyer?

And take Fmr NH Gov John Lynch as my first endorsement

Got it.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »

Tweet from Stacey Abrams

Credit to myself for making this fake tweet
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2020, 11:04:15 AM »

Obviously I don't want to imbalance the game, but will I get some kind of ad points cause of Tom Steyer's wealth, just like in real life.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »

Obviously I don't want to imbalance the game, but will I get some kind of ad points cause of Tom Steyer's wealth, just like in real life.

Just try not to completely overwhelm the thread.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2020, 11:17:31 AM »

Of course, and I don't have the time to do silly ad spam anyways Cheesy
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2020, 11:19:12 AM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer 2020 Announcement Video, Posted on Twitter and summarily broadcasted in all major markets (YouTube, TV, Radio, other Social Media)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/05/tom_steyer_unlike_other_candidates_i_can_go_head-to-head_with_donald_trump.html

Hi, I'm Tom Steyer, businessman and proud Democrat. I like you have watched the criminality and the rank corruption of this administration unfold. As a concerned citizen, I've tried what I can to stop it from outside Washington. But the current political system is rotten to its core, it's been viciously corrupted by lobbyists, special interests, and career politicians. That's why I'm running for President.

(cuts to images of Tom meeting with citizens, leading protestors, traveling)

I'm headed to Washington to fix the broken politics that have given us nothing but obstruction and failure for so many years now. I'll take the power away from the special interests, and return it to the people. We'll end our broken politics, and throw out the Trump/Pence scam.

(cuts to images of Tom meeting with citizens, walking in a national park, and speaking to board rooms)

I've spent my life growing a business, creating jobs, and then using my success to support environmental and anti corruption causes. Now, I'm developing bold and optimistic plans to end climate change, end government corruption, and end the patterns of our political dysfunction. It's gonna take a leader not beholden to special interests to get this done. That's why I'm not taking a dime in corporate, PAC, or fossil fuel contributions. This is my campaign, and yours. That's the only people who I'll be accepting support from.

(Cuts to images of Tom's previous ad campaigns)

I supported impeaching the President for his abuse of power and corruption before it was popular. I supported drastic action to fight climate change before it was popular, and was an unapologetic progressive before it was popular. That's because I wasn't tied up in the Washington machine, and because I wasn't beholden to the special interests. As President, I'll make the bold decisions and changes done and end Washington's failure and gridlock. That's why I'm asking for your support, to take our democracy back.

I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message.

RGM2609
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »

Kim Reynolds joins President Pence in Le Mars, Iowa: 2-4 February 2019
After President Mike Pence's announcement that he will be spending the next 3 days talking to voters in Le Mars, Iowa, no one expected another high-profile guest to join him. However, at 8 am in the streets of the city, IA Governor Kim Reynolds unexpectedly showed up next to the candidate. Following numerous questions from shocked reporters, Reynolds said: "Yes, I endorse President Pence in 2020 because I believe he is the only candidate who can pass a conservative agenda which will help Iowans and the country. I will also take time to campaign until the caucuses in the entire state for this great man and patriot." After this, Pence and Reynolds proceeded to knock on doors and talk to hundreds of people, from dawn until dusk. They received questions from people on various issues, like health care, economy, Social Security, the environment, immigration, education, terrorism and gun control. On immigration, the President promised to continue building the Wall, remove criminal ilegal immigrants, cancel funding for sanctuary cities, boost up ICE funding and lower the number of visas in order to protect the American people and their jobs. He was also happy to talk about the economy, promising to keep up the growth by continuing Donald Trump's policies and also reduce the "dangerously high" deficits and debt by cracking down on waste and fraud. He also pledged to "not touch a penny" of the Medicare and Social Security budgets. However, questions on the environment or health care, usually asked by Democrats he ran into, showed themselves to be more challenging to the President. However, he bounced back, admitting that AHCA, while an improvement from Obamacare, was not what the country needed, and pledged to replace Obamacare with a plan which will "dramatically" lower costs that he will soon submit. On the issue of the environment, he said that the EPA has to much power over busniesses in America, and he pledged to protect the environment in a better way than by bureaucracy. He left Le Mars for Washington in February 4th at noon, after talking to hundreds, maybe even 1.000 people, pledging to swiftly submit legislation to help the people he met in Le Mars.
RGM2609
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Just saw the ads of Tom Steyer, the phony billionaire running for President. Ignoring the fact that he just repeated slogans, he also showed a horrific amount of disrespect to President Trump. I pray for his (Trump's) health every day, and for all the good he has done he doesn't deserve to be used by Democrats as a target. Shameful!
RGM2609
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2020, 12:31:02 PM »

Mike Pence presents ambitious tax reform plan to the media

In an somewhat surprising move, President Pence presented a very comprehensive tax reform plan that he seeks to push for in his first 100 days.

Mike Pence: "When we crafted this legislation, we had two main inspirations. The first one was President Trump and his vision, which remains in our thoughts every day, and what the American people told me in Le Mars a few days ago. This plan will make America better for them."

The plan Pence proposed is:

The President proposed a comprehensive tax bill, cutting income taxes further for everyone. However, the ones who benefit the most from the Pence plan is the middle class, whose taxes lower by a third or even half in some cases. The other economical groups only get very modest cuts. The business tax rate is lowered too from 21% to 15%, as Trump promised in 2016. Other less big, yet important changes Pence seeks to implement are the increasing of the Child Tax Credit by 25%, the complete elimination of the AMT and the marriage penalty, as well as the 3.8% tax on investment. The bill also eliminates the carried interest loophole and the estate tax. Another important part of the bill is cutting the number of tax brackets from 7 to 3.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2020, 01:58:51 PM »

Oh god.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2020, 02:18:04 PM »

Bullock Tweet
Quote from: Gov. Steve Bullock
As Attorney General of Montana, I fought corporations that sought to influence elections with their big money by challenging the Citizens United decision that allowed them to flood your airwaves with ads. One of the major goals of my campaign is to be a voice for the voters that have been forgotten in Washington - and the best way to do this is to swear off the corporate money that is corrupting our elections. I am proud to join my fellow Democrats in refusing corporate PAC money and lobbyist money, and I will run my campaign solely from the help of grassroots donors like you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies