How will the woke-ification of white voters affect voting trends?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How will the woke-ification of white voters affect voting trends?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will the woke-ification of white voters affect voting trends?  (Read 947 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2020, 05:01:16 AM »

Many white people today are browsing the internet and taking their thoughts to places like Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr to get woke. Many of these woke white people are now coming of age and plan to vote in our electoral system. And most importantly the wokeness of the younger generations is only accelerating so how will this generational turnover affect American politics? Could we see an undercurrent of GOP woke thoughts by say, 2028? Could a counter-trend of non-woke PoC develop?
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »

The parties are already adapting to that reality. Republicans just continue to distance themselves from the religious right as they become less relevant. Not sure what this "woke-ification" entails exactly, but if it's putting minorities at the top of the ticket or recognizing a universe of genders, they'll do it to win an election. It's called politics. You adapt to survive. Despite what Atlas users may think, politicians don't care about ideology. Years ago, a Democrat might say that Republicans would continue to resist gay marriage even after the Supreme Court ruling. Outside of a tiny fringe some raging liberal will inevitably cherry pick and reply to me with, they literally don't care anymore. They follow the consensus and build winning coalitions to ensure Capitalism B triumphs over Capitalism A- but more importantly, Candidate B gets the glory, the money, whatever their egos are after.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 05:58:15 PM »

This is such an ignorant concept I'm on the verge of throwing up. Anyway, millenial wokeists already voted in 2016, Gen Z isn't producing any more.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 08:06:23 PM »

This is such an ignorant concept I'm on the verge of throwing up. Anyway, millenial wokeists already voted in 2016, Gen Z isn't producing any more.

Pew data finds that Gen Z are to the left and more woke than millennials on every single issue they asked. Babies born in 2018 are now estimated to have a 50% chance of getting woke in their lifetimes.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:47:32 AM »

Many white people today are browsing the internet and taking their thoughts to places like Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr to get woke. Many of these woke white people are now coming of age and plan to vote in our electoral system. And most importantly the wokeness of the younger generations is only accelerating so how will this generational turnover affect American politics? Could we see an undercurrent of GOP woke thoughts by say, 2028? Could a counter-trend of non-woke PoC develop?

It depends on your time frame. In the short term, most of them will probably eat breakfast and then go about their day. However, in the longer term humans have circadian rhythms, so they will eventually go to sleep. As for non-woke PoC, they will eventually awaken for the same reason.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 04:34:03 PM »

Gen Z makes Lenin look like a moderate. What are you talking about?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »

LOL it makes Trump look like a moderate from my eye.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 04:56:41 PM »

LOL it makes Trump look like a moderate from my eye.

You must live in an unbelievably sheltered or abnormal environment. I live in ALABAMA and I'm surrounded by "small-c communist" Gen Zer's who want to slaughter all the millionaires and think monogamous marriage is an "oppressive, outdated institution." Not freaking kidding. They're so much more left-wing than millennials, it isn't even funny. They easily have to be the most extreme and deranged generation in all of American, if not world history.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 09:26:09 PM »

the idea that younger voters are uniformly left-wing is ridiculously. They do tend to be socially liberal, anti-big business/rich and pro-universal healthcare/education. Gen Z however don't tend to be sjw and neither are millennials though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies