Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 02:04:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"  (Read 9948 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2020, 12:26:11 PM »

At least someone came out and said it. There are enough whispers about Bernie being difficult to deal with that I think there is some truth to the rumors. His scorched earth campaign last primary season very well may have gotten Trump elected. I knew several extreme Bernie Bros that ended up backing Trump over Hillary when Bernie dropped out.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P P
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2020, 12:33:57 PM »

Just to hammer the argument a little further into the ground, I have no issue with Clinton being bitter about losing 2016 and saying that no-one likes Sanders. I wouldn't even have an issue with her or Obama making a specific endorsement in the primary. But to say that you're not sure if you will support Sanders over Trump or not is both irritating and incredibly hypocritical. It's a fair assessment to say that Sanders's support for Clinton in 2016 was somewhat lackluster at times, but he did endorse and campaign for her in the end.

Also, let's not forget that Clinton lost a quarter of her supporters to McCain in 2008 vs only 12% of Sanders voters going to Trump in 2016.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2020, 12:34:02 PM »

On the subject of Bernie "campaigning" for Hillary, there aren't many videos of it on YouTube, but I managed to find one.  Bernie starts at around the 40 minute mark.  You can watch for yourself and see just how valuable his "campaigning" for her was, how "devoted" he was, how much he prioritized helping her get elected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sxy5Plw9yQ

For instance, here's a direct quote from the video:

In America today, we have millions of working people, working for wages that are too damn low.  You can do the arithmetic as well as I can, and figure out that if someone is making the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, that person can not make it economically.  Not at 7.25, not at 9, not at 10 bucks an hour.  What Secretary Clinton knows, what you know, and what I know, and what Donald Trump does not know, is that we have got to raise the minimum wage to a living wage.  In my view, that minimum wage should be 15 dollars an hour.  And that is what the Democratic platform calls for.

Wow, such a ringing endorsement.  "Hillary Clinton agrees with me that the minimum wage should be higher.  Of course, I think it should be $15, but grumble grumble whatever"

Short of saying Clinton explicitly was in favor of a $15 minimum wage (which is kinda iffy - see below), I'm not sure what could Sanders could have said. End the paragraph at the living wage bit? Perhaps, though I feel like people would critique Sanders for being too vague in that event.

As a recall correctly from the the April debate in New York, she said that if a $15 minimum wage bill got to her desk, she'd sign it while at the same time saying during her campaign she wanted a $12 minimum wage in her primary platform. So her position on the issue was a bit vague to say the least, especially since as Sanders notes, the Democratic Platform, made up of half Sanders and half Clinton folks IIRC, called for a $15 minimum wage and I don't recall Clinton taking a firm position on the issue in the general. 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »

I think it's clear by now the Clintonites and such are the ones more guilty of the sins they claim of Sanders and his supporters.
538Electoral

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2020, 12:51:24 PM »

I despise Bernie Sanders but I would take him ANY DAY of the week over the vile Hillary Clinton!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2020, 12:55:28 PM »

Hillary can say whatever she wants.

Nobody has to listen to her.

I think she has become pretty irrelevant in contemporary politics, but I still applaud the fact that she was the first female candidate to win the Dem Presidential nomination. She has helped pave the way for all the other females who are following in her footsteps now.

Females are grateful for the things Hillary has accomplished in her life. Cheers to her.

And by the way, she doesn't care if you hate her. Powerful women are used to that.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2020, 12:55:49 PM »

On the subject of Bernie "campaigning" for Hillary, there aren't many videos of it on YouTube, but I managed to find one.  Bernie starts at around the 40 minute mark.  You can watch for yourself and see just how valuable his "campaigning" for her was, how "devoted" he was, how much he prioritized helping her get elected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sxy5Plw9yQ

For instance, here's a direct quote from the video:

In America today, we have millions of working people, working for wages that are too damn low.  You can do the arithmetic as well as I can, and figure out that if someone is making the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, that person can not make it economically.  Not at 7.25, not at 9, not at 10 bucks an hour.  What Secretary Clinton knows, what you know, and what I know, and what Donald Trump does not know, is that we have got to raise the minimum wage to a living wage.  In my view, that minimum wage should be 15 dollars an hour.  And that is what the Democratic platform calls for.

Wow, such a ringing endorsement.  "Hillary Clinton agrees with me that the minimum wage should be higher.  Of course, I think it should be $15, but grumble grumble whatever"

Short of saying Clinton explicitly was in favor of a $15 minimum wage (which is kinda iffy - see below), I'm not sure what could Sanders could have said. End the paragraph at the living wage bit? Perhaps, though I feel like people would critique Sanders for being too vague in that event.

As a recall correctly from the the April debate in New York, she said that if a $15 minimum wage bill got to her desk, she'd sign it while at the same time saying during her campaign she wanted a $12 minimum wage in her primary platform. So her position on the issue was a bit vague to say the least, especially since as Sanders notes, the Democratic Platform, made up of half Sanders and half Clinton folks IIRC, called for a $15 minimum wage and I don't recall Clinton taking a firm position on the issue in the general. 

"A key difference between Mr. Trump and Secretary Clinton is how they care for working people.  Mr. Trump believes, businesses should be able to take advantage of you, to abuse you, to make you work long hours for low wages.  Secretary Clinton has a different perspective.  Perhaps, this perspective is informed by her own upbringing and the magnificent work she has done to help poor communities.  Mrs. Clinton believes that no American should work all day only to go home and starve.  That is why she wants to raise the minimum wage to a living wage.  And if you are someone working long hours for low wages, when you get in that voting booth, you should think long and hard about who really wants to protect your interests.  And it is not a corrupt, lying, fake billionaire who believes corporations should have no rules!"

See the difference?  Lots of praise for Clinton, explicit endorsement of her position on the issue, urging people to vote for her, no talking about himself.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2020, 01:04:13 PM »

Glad i mock voted Trump over her. She deserved to lose... And she's not helping us to unite at all. I have a hard time supporting someone else than Bernie in the party. I just wrote an article on a Belgian website endorsing Sanders and refusing to support Biden. Bernie is right to stay independent. There's no place for him in the Democratic Party.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2020, 01:08:43 PM »

Hillary makes some valid points on Bernie (truth be told, his legislative career is bare-bones).  Problem is she torched her credibility by coming out every few months to complain about the litany of excuses for 2016 (like going to India and saying Trump won the parts of the country that didn't want women in the workplace or civil rights). She's long overstayed her welcome.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2020, 01:11:11 PM »

Nobody cares what this loser has to say. I strongly supported HRC in 2016 but it's become so clear that she's a narcissist and lost because of herself. She failed. Not Bernie, Hillary. She's ridiculous for bringing this up repeatedly.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »

Sanders never, ever directly said he lost the primary which pretty much was fuel for his supporters to push the idea that he was cheated. He tweeted right before the election and practically said it was okay to vote for Trump. Hillary Clinton doesn't owe Sanders her endorsement or support. It doesn't matter anyway, because he would lose the general election to Trump should he be the nominee.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »

Just as a heads up, I merged some posts from the megathread to here because I didn't want to get to a situation where I'm witnessing having to monitor two similar arguments in two different threads on the same general topic.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2020, 01:25:08 PM »

Whoever made the title for this thread missed the most important point, which is that Clinton said she won't necessarily support Bernie in a general election against Trump. Which is pretty rich, given all the complaints we have heard about Bernie and Bernie supporters supposedly not supporting Clinton enough in the general election in 2016.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »

I remember Jane Sanders saying days before the election that it didn't matter who people voted for as long as they voted. But I'm sure Bernie Bros would be just fine with Bill Clinton tweeting that had Sanders won the nomination. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Who actually still listens to Hillary's opinion?
Apparently a lot of people because the Bernie sycophants across the web are mad as hell about it. LOL.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2020, 01:29:41 PM »

At least we can bask in the sweet knowledge that Hillary will never, ever, be President. All respect I had for her has been lost in this last year. She and her band of clowns need to retire for good.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »

I think it's clear by now the Clintonites and such are the ones more guilty of the sins they claim of Sanders and his supporters.

All of their complaints are just projection:

• The ones that would have major issues with voting for the eventual nominee? Liberals i.e. the Hillary deadenders of 2008 that refused to vote for Obama, largely because of his bros
  • Awful attacks online? Liberals are constantly launching personal attacks against Bernie and his surrogates -- sexist language is routinely weaponized against Tulsi Gabbard, Nina Turner, and any woman who opens her mouth who isn't for the approved candidates
  • Lack of unity? The left routinely lines up behind whoever the nominee ends up being and takes stringent steps to only attack based on policy and not (justly) tar the establishment as corrupt. We saw this with Bernie and Hillary's emails, as well as this cycle with Bernie and his silence on Biden.

We are expected to supplicate ourselves to them, and nothing is expected in return. Bernie didn't launch one single character-based attack and campaigned for Clinton in 2016 and this is the thanks in return? Don't blame anyone but yourselves if the left sits this cycle out (if Bernie loses) if this is how you're going to act.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2020, 01:31:43 PM »

Hilldog needs to shut the f##k up and retire.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »

I’m no fan of Sanders, but the level of projection coming from her (and the Clinton fans in general) is just unbelievable.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »

This tweet right here was a fairly odd thing to say for someone who supposedly supported Clinton. It was almost as if he was encouraging his supporters to vote for Trump. He is a sneaky person and knew what he was posting. Clinton can say what she wants about him.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »

Yass queen! Go OFF.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2020, 01:36:25 PM »

Let's talk about how embarrassing a campaign Hillary ran to lose to a reality TV star. Absolutely incompetence from someone who had so much experience and was given all the resources in the world. She was responsible for her colossal loss and she should be embarrassed to the point that she stops making such ridiculous remarks publicly. She is responsible for Trump.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 01:37:22 PM »

[snip]

This tweet right here was a fairly odd thing to say for someone who supposedly supported Clinton. It was almost as if he was encouraging his supporters to vote for Trump. He is a sneaky person and knew what he was posting. Clinton can say what she wants about him.

It's called not insulting people who you want to win over. How thick can people be.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2020, 01:38:24 PM »

All Hillary's people know how to run campaigns is to insult people and then blame every single person in the universe when they lose. Don't bother with logic.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »

Saying that many of those who support Trump aren't racist or sexist isn't the same as saying Trump isn't racist or sexist. Plus, it's not like saying those who support Trump are horrible worked out too well for Clinton. Even if you believe that most of Trump's supporters are racist, that's not something you should explicitly say as a candidate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »

[snip]

It's called not insulting people who you want to win over. How thick can people be.

That's not what his intent was. Who tweets out that it's ok to vote for the opposition under any circumstances right before the election? That is totally absurd.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies